PDA

View Full Version : i want a wii

Phin-o-rama
01-05-2007, 12:04 PM
help me find one please

Bruzer
01-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Its not easy been looking for last 2 weeks. Its a pain in the ***. I heard rumor though come spring the system drops 50$ (not sure on that) but I do know it also comes with a dvd player and multiple colors come spring. So I am thinking of waiting since demand will be down then.

rob19
01-05-2007, 01:03 PM
yeah, there pretty hard to find actually, i had to get mine on ebay... call around to the stores every few days.

rob19
01-05-2007, 01:05 PM
http://wiitracker.com/
looks like most of them are sold out.

http://www.ps3finder.com/
There are a **** load of ps3's in stock though.

Slappy8800
01-05-2007, 01:44 PM
my father has been looking since its release....u have to go when a store opens or ur screwed

Bruzer
01-05-2007, 02:29 PM
my father has been looking since its release....u have to go when a store opens or ur screwed

no necessarily. Most stores are getting them through ups shipments. That means stores like ebgames, gamestop and I know target and walmart put them on shelves right away. I heard best buy and a couple others hold till next day.

Slappy8800
01-05-2007, 03:00 PM
dude im telling you what everyone has been telling us....people line up before th store opens because its first come first serve. they barely touch the shelves

Bruzer
01-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Well I was just stating gamestop, ebgames, and walmart i know for a fact get thier shipments midday usually anywhere from 11:00 am and later since its ups. They put them on shelves. I am just saying not all places sell them on opening. I just missed my wii yesterday by half an hour at a walmart they got them at 4 and i was there at 4:30.

arizphinfan
02-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I just went and got mine on the first @ K-Mart Been waiting awhile tho

byroan
02-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Had a couple on the shelves at my Walmart yesterday. It's pretty easy to get the rare video game stuff there.

finfan01
02-04-2007, 12:02 AM
There arent many down by me........everybody was knocking the wii before it came out but now everybody is clambering for it.....go figure

FinsNCanes
02-04-2007, 12:12 AM
I can walk into EB games right now and buy one. Maybe they aren't popular over here..

I know I personally could care less for one.

Phin-o-rama
02-04-2007, 12:37 AM
i think you are mistaken....i live in fort myers and no one here has them....

FinsNCanes
02-04-2007, 12:48 AM
thats a lie dude....i live in fort myers and no one here has them....

:lol:

You do? Try the gamestop or EB games right on Daniels then. I know for a fact the one at Coconut had em when I was there.

Phin-o-rama
02-04-2007, 12:49 AM
i edited my original post...because it came off rude...i'll check it out but i been checking online constantly for them at cc, bb, and eb sites....and calling the n ft. myers eb, nothing.

Phin-o-rama
02-04-2007, 12:50 AM
o i live in cape coral, work in nfort myers...we should get a beer sometime :D

FinsNCanes
02-04-2007, 12:53 AM
o i live in cape coral, work in nfort myers...we should get a beer sometime :D

Sure, sounds good. I was actually supposed to give d-day a call this weekend and go downtown. I went out the past 2 nights so I'm a bit drained.

We hit Mona's every Thurs night so you should come out then. It's like our Cheers.

Sethdaddy8
02-04-2007, 02:10 AM
When you find one, get Zelda, its an awesome game...but pass on Red Steel.

Get Up And Go
02-04-2007, 02:15 AM

Why didn't you like red steel?? I loved the game.

Sethdaddy8
02-04-2007, 02:29 AM
Why didn't you like red steel?? I loved the game.

You did? I played through like 2 boards, then I popped in Zelda and got hooked. It didn't grab my interest, poor graphics, story-line was lame thus far. Should I give it a few more tries?

DrewAlmighty
02-04-2007, 03:00 AM
For those interested, at a store by me they said they were getting shipments that would be instock on Feb. 11.

finattic79
02-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah I was able to pick one up here in San Antonio @ Walmart. Thing is so much fun, Zelda is the bomb, but I downloaded SNES Legen of Zelda:Link to the Past ( on of my all time favs) and have been playing that none stop.

I just called all the Wal-marts and asked when they would be getting one in. It seems its almot harder to find a second remote then a system. Had to go to about 10 different stores to find a second remote.

Sethdaddy8
02-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah I was able to pick one up here in San Antonio @ Walmart. Thing is so much fun, Zelda is the bomb, but I downloaded SNES Legen of Zelda:Link to the Past ( on of my all time favs) and have been playing that none stop.

I just called all the Wal-marts and asked when they would be getting one in. It seems its almot harder to find a second remote then a system. Had to go to about 10 different stores to find a second remote.

I got a second remote, but can't find a nunchuck.

Fresh
02-05-2007, 12:26 AM
They had a TON at Sawgrass Mall last week.....my boy got one.

Originally, I called it a dumb system, but now I want one. Wish I had wanted one last week, because now when I do want one, I can't find one, lol. I just want it for Zelda and the Mario games. I thought those games were coming next gen, guess not.

finattic79
02-05-2007, 12:40 AM
I played more of the new zelda, and its the bomb. Also remeber to get component cables to get crisper colors.

Sethdaddy8
02-05-2007, 01:44 AM
They had a TON at Sawgrass Mall last week.....my boy got one.

Originally, I called it a dumb system, but now I want one. Wish I had wanted one last week, because now when I do want one, I can't find one, lol. I just want it for Zelda and the Mario games. I thought those games were coming next gen, guess not.

Zelda is $$$, and will provide days of fun.

Sethdaddy8
02-05-2007, 01:45 AM
I played more of the new zelda, and its the bomb. Also remeber to get component cables to get crisper colors.

i wish i had an outlet to hook it up to! all my hd inputs are used by other systems and components. still looks very good tho.

Alex44
02-05-2007, 01:46 AM
I want a wii too. Someone buy me one.

Sethdaddy8
02-05-2007, 01:48 AM
I want a wii too. Someone buy me one.

they''e not too bad. $250.00.
just shake down some freshmen for a couple weeks, and you're there.:lol:

j/k don't do that.

Scatman
02-05-2007, 02:03 AM
they''e not too bad. $250.00.
just shake down some freshmen for a couple weeks, and you're there.:lol:

j/k don't do that.

yea dont.... hate bullys

Sethdaddy8
02-05-2007, 02:12 AM
yea dont.... hate bullys

speaking of which, how is Bully, for ps2...live up to the hype?

Phin-o-rama
02-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Just ordered a Wii bundle from Circuit City .....

comes with the wii console (wii sports, nunchuk, wiimote) + zelda + red steel + xtra nunchuck + xtra wiimote....for 400

pretty excited...this is something i know my wife will like damnit!!! her favorite games are tetris and super mario bros 1 (/snicker)...anyways i know we can get drunk and/or naked and play tennis (LOL)

ill give my impressions when it gets here next week

Motion
02-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Just ordered a Wii bundle from Circuit City .....

comes with the wii console (wii sports, nunchuk, wiimote) + zelda + red steel + xtra nunchuck + xtra wiimote....for 400

pretty excited...this is something i know my wife will like damnit!!! her favorite games are tetris and super mario bros 1 (/snicker)...anyways i know we can get drunk and/or naked and play tennis (LOL)

ill give my impressions when it gets here next week

Congrats!

Bruzer
02-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I already got zelda so I can't do bundle which sucks. So now I am going to wait for 1-2 months when i can go to my local walmart and get one.

Phin-o-rama
02-09-2007, 03:33 PM
i heard you could actually drop everything from this bundle BUT zelda to lower the price....but i need all this crap anyways...its now out of stock again

ordered at 10:30am today, and according the the CC website it has all shipped ....prolly get it sometime next week

Bruzer
02-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Congrats though phin I cant wait to have mine.

tucker
02-09-2007, 04:26 PM
i've come to the conclusion that nobody shops at k-mart..they have 360s, ps3s, and wiis

Mike13
02-09-2007, 04:57 PM

Zelda is awesome, I liked Red Steel.
I also got Need for Speed Carbon for the Wii.

Fresh
02-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Still can't find one (I'm not gonna buy a bundle).

Phin-o-rama
02-09-2007, 05:23 PM
they had non bundles available today at CC as well...but its as hard to find the controllers as it is the stupid console....

I knew if I got one I'd want another controller and would be scouring the net/stores like mad trying to find one, so now i have 2 full controllers :D

need the classic controller though, and some component cables...should run about 40 for both

Phin-o-rama
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
/cry

just got a box containing red steel, zelda, a wiimote, and a nunchuk.....the wii console will take a few more days!!!

:(

Bruzer
02-12-2007, 02:33 PM
/cry

just got a box containing red steel, zelda, a wiimote, and a nunchuk.....the wii console will take a few more days!!!

:(

That sucks but atleast your getting one.

Fresh
02-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Still can't find one (I'm not gonna buy a bundle).

BUMP......

People in the Dade/Broward area, help me. :lol:

mor911
02-12-2007, 05:00 PM
BUMP......

People in the Dade/Broward area, help me. :lol:Toys R' Us on US1 and south of Oakland Park Blvd had some TODAY. Call 'em and see if they still got.

AirMarino83
02-12-2007, 06:17 PM
speaking of which, how is Bully, for ps2...live up to the hype?
fun game, and worth gettin imo... just too bad it came out in the wrong place in the ps2 time line.

#84Fan4Life
02-12-2007, 06:47 PM
I got a Wii about a month ago and I hate that POS. I knew from the beginning that I would hate the "Wiimote" controller garbage but I thought that you could play all the games using Gamecube or Classics controllers. Well, now I know better and that piece of **** is heading for a 1 day auction on ebay tonight.

For those that are interested Circuit City and Sears both had the Wii listed in the Sunday ads so you might be able to still find one there.

Bruzer
02-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I got a Wii about a month ago and I hate that POS. I knew from the beginning that I would hate the "Wiimote" controller garbage but I thought that you could play all the games using Gamecube or Classics controllers. Well, now I know better and that piece of **** is heading for a 1 day auction on ebay tonight.

For those that are interested Circuit City and Sears both had the Wii listed in the Sunday ads so you might be able to still find one there.

Your one of the very few people I have heard don't like it. I have heard most of the part nothing but good things.

Fresh
02-12-2007, 08:48 PM
My girlfriend's brother got one and I was playing the Wii Sports thing........

Fat people should definitely buy the Wii, no offense.

FinsNCanes
02-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't know..

The Wii as well as the Gamecube seemed way to kiddie for me to even bother with. If the Wii would remake games like Contra and games like that then I'd look into it. Instead they come out with games that look like they could've been made on the n64 and add a Wii mote.

Mike13
02-12-2007, 11:20 PM
My girlfriend's brother got one and I was playing the Wii Sports thing........

Fat people should definitely buy the Wii, no offense.

:lol:

#84Fan4Life
02-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Contra is on Xbox Live. I've been playing the crap out of that game since I downloaded it.

I agree with the Wii being too kiddie as well. Hell the main reason I bought it was to download the old school games but a lot of them are going to/already have released on Xbox live so there's basically no reason for me to have a Wii. Too bad Nintendo won't have exclusive rights to the next Resident Evil or I might be tempted to keep the Wii. Instead the 360 is the ultimate next gen console imo. Of course my 360 has given me the 3 red lights of death several times. I should really send it in since I paid for the extended warranty.

I don't know..

The Wii as well as the Gamecube seemed way to kiddie for me to even bother with. If the Wii would remake games like Contra and games like that then I'd look into it. Instead they come out with games that look like they could've been made on the n64 and add a Wii mote.

FinsNCanes
02-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Contra is on Xbox Live. I've been playing the crap out of that game since I downloaded it.

I agree with the Wii being too kiddie as well. Hell the main reason I bought it was to download the old school games but a lot of them are going to/already have released on Xbox live so there's basically no reason for me to have a Wii. Too bad Nintendo won't have exclusive rights to the next Resident Evil or I might be tempted to keep the Wii. Instead the 360 is the ultimate next gen console imo. Of course my 360 has given me the 3 red lights of death several times. I should really send it in since I paid for the extended warranty.

I know Contra is on there but they need to come out and revamp it or something. I know they've tried making some lately and only one was fairly decent. They should just try to recreate some of the original games like Rampart and games (although not original nintendo) Bomberman (I know it's on the 360 but it's different).

Phin-o-rama
02-13-2007, 11:00 AM
i got the wii because i know my wife will play it with me

NoVaDolfan
02-13-2007, 01:40 PM
real men stand when they Wii