PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Carroll "choke"?

DolfanTom
01-08-2007, 10:34 AM
OK, w/ today's news that Wayne flew to Costa Rica to try and woo Carroll, I got to thinking what it would be like if he were our head coach. No matter what Carroll has done since, I can't get that one image out of my mind!

I don't remember the year it was - sometime in the early 90s I think - when we played the Jets on Sunday Night. Carroll was a coordinator for the Jets and - late in the game - Stoyo missed a FG that would have given us the lead or tied or something, and Carroll was shown on the sidelines giving the "choking" sign w/ his hand to his throat.

I don't remember what exactly happened after that, and I may be confusing two different games, but I believe Danny Boy hit Tony Martin for a long TD shortly after that to give us the win! And Carroll looked really bad in hindsight!

I remember thinking - "What an unprofessional asshole!"

Everyone else remember this?

That said, it's been awhile, and he might be a good candidate for the job. Apparently he wants total control to come back and that's H.W.'s mantra anyways.

What do you think of Carroll? Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

Capt. Dick
01-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Remember it like it was yesterday.:mad: Left a mighty bad taste. If WH is looking for a college coach give Tressel a call after we win the NC.

GO BUCKEYES!!

EDIT: After some thought, I hope JT stays at OSU.

muscle979
01-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Just say no to Carroll and other college coaches.

buckwilde
01-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Pete Carroll is a puke and should stay in the college ranks. He has already failed in the NFL once. Spare us please.

muscle979
01-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Pete Carroll is a puke and should stay in the college ranks. He has already failed in the NFL once. Spare us please.

He failed twice in the pros.

buckwilde
01-08-2007, 03:14 PM
He failed twice in the pros.

Good call, I stand corrected. Double the failure, even more reason to keep his puke-ace out of Miami.

DolfanTom
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Guys, I may agree with you to a point, but I think we should start preparing ourselves for the possibility. We should know w/in a couple days or so if it's even a possibility.

Kinzua
01-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Just say no to Carroll and other college coaches.

I would think H.Wayne should have learned his lesson, but apparently not ... It's a lot easier to go from the pros to the college level than vice versa. I would have thought that Saban, added to all the other hot shot college guys who failed in the NFL over the years, would have made an impression. I think the only big time college coaches who had success were Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson with those loaded Cowboys teams -- although those college guys did their best to keep the Cowgirls from winning a carload of SBs,