PDA

View Full Version : Offseason fun

DolfanTom
01-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey, let's shift gears a bit. Since the Dolphins, Bills and Jets are now sitting at home - and the Patriots will be after next weekend :wink: - I thought I'd try something fun for us depths patrons.

Please list your personal favorite moment for your team against each of the AFC East rivals (not including the Colts). Moments you witnessed on TV or in person - nothing that happened before you were alive, etc.

To get things started, here are mine:

-Bills: When Trace Armstrong swallowed Doug Flutie to make him fumble and preserve the Dolphins victory in the '98 playoffs. Up until that moment, I thought Flutie would surely win the game for the Bills. The Bills were driving, Moulds was having a sick day, and we just couldn't seem to stop the Bills on that drive. Then - out of nowhere - Armstrong just engulfs Flutie, like a T-Rex eating a bug. Not only did I shout in victory ... I laughed!! Easily the best Bills moment for me (I don't remember the 70s so ...). Close second - that 37-10 victory in Barfalo in 1992. Only big win for us against the Bills during the Bills elite era.

-Jets: When Danny Boy fake spiked the Jets into a Dolphins victory in '94. It was just so beautiful, it was perfect! Perfectly excecuted at the most opportune time, and it was a huge win for them that season - and a loss that spun the Jets into two-and-a-half seasons of infamy! I actually remember that game well, as we were well behind early and I actually destroyed the Dolphins hat I was wearing as a result, chucking it often across the room. When Danny Boy hit Mark Ingram, it was - perhaps - the most beautiful football thing I had ever seen! Close second - and one of my first big football memories - the AFC Championship game in which Richard Todd and A.J. Duhe kept connecting :wink:

-Patriots: Probably opening day '94 when Danny came back from his achilles injury against second-year Bledsoe who was really good at the time. It was an old-fashioned shoot-out, and Danny was getting good use of his new weapon Irving Fryar! It was muddy too! Just a great back-and-fourth game, but the crowd was great, and Danny was just vintage Danny that day, leading us to victory w/ that late TD to Fryar. Then made the cover of SI! It was a great pick me up too, after the way the '93 season had ended .... against the damn Patriots! Close second: F-it, this season in Miami!

OK - your turn! Trolls and Dolfans alike ...

B-lo
01-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Patriots opening day, 1st play on defense, sack fumble T.D.!!!!

Jets- simply just pounding them the second game!!!!

phish- Losman's throw it up in Buffalo and Evans caught the pass in the endzone, and made the defender (forget who it is) just look silly!! It was like Evans was the only player there, when really he wasn't. OOPs thought it was just this year. I'll redo the all time favorites.

DolfanTom
01-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Patriots opening day, 1st play on defense, sack fumble T.D.!!!!

Jets- simply just pounding them the second game!!!!

phish- Losman's throw it up in Buffalo and Evans caught the pass in the endzone, and made the defender (forget who it is) just look silly!! It was like Evans was the only player there, when really he wasn't. OOPs thought it was just this year. I'll redo the all time favorites.
I was gonna say B-lo - was that all you had :lol:

muscle979
01-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Hey, let's shift gears a bit. Since the Dolphins, Bills and Jets are now sitting at home - and the Patriots will be after next weekend :wink: - I thought I'd try something fun for us depths patrons.

Please list your personal favorite moment for your team against each of the AFC East rivals (not including the Colts). Moments you witnessed on TV or in person - nothing that happened before you were alive, etc.

To get things started, here are mine:

-Bills: When Trace Armstrong swallowed Doug Flutie to make him fumble and preserve the Dolphins victory in the '98 playoffs. Up until that moment, I thought Flutie would surely win the game for the Bills. The Bills were driving, Moulds was having a sick day, and we just couldn't seem to stop the Bills on that drive. Then - out of nowhere - Armstrong just engulfs Flutie, like a T-Rex eating a bug. Not only did I shout in victory ... I laughed!! Easily the best Bills moment for me (I don't remember the 70s so ...). Close second - that 37-10 victory in Barfalo in 1992. Only big win for us against the Bills during the Bills elite era.

-Jets: When Danny Boy fake spiked the Jets into a Dolphins victory in '94. It was just so beautiful, it was perfect! Perfectly excecuted at the most opportune time, and it was a huge win for them that season - and a loss that spun the Jets into two-and-a-half seasons of infamy! I actually remember that game well, as we were well behind early and I actually destroyed the Dolphins hat I was wearing as a result, chucking it often across the room. When Danny Boy hit Mark Ingram, it was - perhaps - the most beautiful football thing I had ever seen! Close second - and one of my first big football memories - the AFC Championship game in which Richard Todd and A.J. Duhe kept connecting :wink:

-Patriots: Probably opening day '94 when Danny came back from his achilles injury against second-year Bledsoe who was really good at the time. It was an old-fashioned shoot-out, and Danny was getting good use of his new weapon Irving Fryar! It was muddy too! Just a great back-and-fourth game, but the crowd was great, and Danny was just vintage Danny that day, leading us to victory w/ that late TD to Fryar. Then made the cover of SI! It was a great pick me up too, after the way the '93 season had ended .... against the damn Patriots! Close second: F-it, this season in Miami!

OK - your turn! Trolls and Dolfans alike ...

I agree with all of those. Especially the fake spike game vs. the Jets. I was lucky enough to be watching that one live. It was something else.

DolfanTom
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
I agree with all of those. Especially the fake spike game vs. the Jets. I was lucky enough to be watching that one live. It was something else.Cool!

That Patriots game, though, was something else. It's been a while since we could just sit back and know that our QB was going to come through, hasn't it!

SpurzN703
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
I agree with all of those. Especially the fake spike game vs. the Jets. I was lucky enough to be watching that one live. It was something else.

I watched it while in Montgomery Wards (long time ago - department store)

BleedinGreenNC
01-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Monday night Miracle!! That was a great night!

DolfanTom
01-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Monday night Miracle!! That was a great night!I'd be shocked if any Jet fan said otherwise against us!!

How 'bout the Patsies and Bills?

BTW, my dad was at that game w/ one Dolfan and six Jet fans. Four of the Jet fans went out to the car at the start of the fourth quarter, in disgust. They missed the whole thing. My dad set them straight when they were giving him crap about it when they all later got back to the car! Only the ones who stayed could say a word!! I was very close to going myself ... I suppose it would be an interesting memory. Was bad enough to watch on TV.

Kinzua
01-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Sam Adams rumblin' into the end zone with a Brady INT on opening day, 2003. 31-0. Unfortunately, the Bills have been payin' for that for years -- but it was worth it! :boohoo:

OJ Simpson breaking 2000 yards against the Jets in the last game of 1973! Yes, I was alive for that! It's too bad Simpson couldn't have stayed a hero! :mad:

The Bills-Dolphins play off game in the snow in the Ralph when the Bills were on their way to their first Super Bowl! It was close for a while, but then the snow started falling ... and the Bills got better ... and the Fins just "spit the bit"! 44-34 or something, I think. I love snow games!!!:rawk:

DolfanTom
01-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Sam Adams rumblin' into the end zone with a Brady INT on opening day, 2003. 31-0. Unfortunately, the Bills have been payin' for that for years -- but it was worth it! :boohoo:

OJ Simpson breaking 2000 yards against the Jets in the last game of 1973! Yes, I was alive for that! It's too bad Simpson couldn't have stayed a hero! :mad:

The Bills-Dolphins play off game in the snow in the Ralph when the Bills were on their way to their first Super Bowl! It was close for a while, but then the snow started falling ... and the Bills got better ... and the Fins just "spit the bit"! 44-34 or something, I think. I love snow games!!!:rawk:That would be the 1990 season Kinz.

We had a great team that year. Unfortunately, you had a better one.

like2god
01-08-2007, 06:08 PM
My favorite moments against AFCE rivals?

Bills - Every second of every game in the 90's. Watching Marino & co. sparring with Kelly and the Bills is by far my favorite.

Jets - Fake spike. :chuckle:

Patriots - My favorite moment against the Pats hasn't happened yet, just wait until next year when we knock them out of the playoffs and move on to the next round. :chuckle:

:cooldude:

BleedinGreenNC
01-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Patriots - My favorite moment against the Pats hasn't happened yet, just wait until next year when we knock them out of the playoffs and move on to the next round. :chuckle:

:cooldude:

:eek: Bold prediction!!

like2god
01-08-2007, 06:16 PM
:eek: Bold prediction!!
I'm forever the optimist. :D

DolfanTom
01-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Patriots - My favorite moment against the Pats hasn't happened yet, just wait until next year when we knock them out of the playoffs and move on to the next round.Oh yeah ... forgot about that one! :wink:

GoBills24
01-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Bills - Every second of every game in the 90's. Watching Marino & co. sparring with Kelly and the Bills is by far my favorite.

Funny you mention that. I have a DVD of the '90 Divisional playoff against Miami. :D

As for the post:

New England - Everyone has said the 2003 blowout, so I'll go with another. Steve Christie converting an OT field goal against the Pats, in an extremely emotional game at Foxboro Stadium. The real diehards will probably remember this game. 16-13 was the final score.

NYJ - 2004, in October sometime. We won the game 22-17 I believe, and McGahee had a breakout performance. Not a real "memorable" game, but one that sticks in my mind for some reason. Good all-around performance at the Ralph.

Miami - 2002, Snow Bowl. Just the like the old days. Beating the Phins at the Ralph, December, in the snowy / cold weather. Drew Bledsoe to Price / E. Moulds proved to be a deadly combination that day, with Travis running the ball. I'll never forget that game, mostly because I was there. A magical day all-around.

There you have it. My memory's a bit fuzzy on the older games, so I went with some underrated matchups some Bills fans may have forgot about.

B-lo
01-09-2007, 08:26 AM
I watched it while in Montgomery Wards (long time ago - department store) Useless info. , kinda for you L2g. About 12 years ago I lived in Buffalo, went to Monkey Wards to buy a washer and dryer and the man that sold it to me is none other than the father of Marilyn Manson! His old man sold furniture in that store. In Lockport N.Y.:cooldude:

DolfanTom
01-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Useless info. , kinda for you L2g. About 12 years ago I lived in Buffalo, went to Monkey Wards to buy a washer and dryer and the man that sold it to me is none other than the father of Marilyn Manson! His old man sold furniture in that store. In Lockport N.Y.:cooldude:Was he pale white w/ breasts?:confused:

Kinzua
01-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Miami - 2002, Snow Bowl. Just the like the old days. Beating the Phins at the Ralph, December, in the snowy / cold weather. Drew Bledsoe to Price / E. Moulds proved to be a deadly combination that day, with Travis running the ball. I'll never forget that game, mostly because I was there. A magical day all-around.

This is my second favorite!!! I think the fans on the one side of the stadium saw the snow clouds rolling in from the south before it started snowing much and began serenading the Fins with choruses of "Let it snow, let it snow" as the white stuff started falling faster!

like2god
01-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Useless info. , kinda for you L2g. About 12 years ago I lived in Buffalo, went to Monkey Wards to buy a washer and dryer and the man that sold it to me is none other than the father of Marilyn Manson! His old man sold furniture in that store. In Lockport N.Y.:cooldude:

That's actually a pretty cool story. How many people can say that they bought a washer and dryer from a celebrity's father? :lol:

I met Manson's father at a concert in Syracuse about 7 or 8 years ago. I went with my sister and this guy walks up to us after the concert and asks us for a pen, we let him borrow one and then he walked off. A few days later she was flipping through the TV channels and starts yelling "thats him, thats him", sure as sh*t it was a show on MTV about Manson and the guy was Manson's father.

A few other people that we know work security at the Aud, they said when there was a Manson concert back in 96 (I think) that the band members arrived in sweatpants, no makeup, etc and everybody acted normal.

The whole thing is an act, it has nothing to do with devil worshipping, it's social commentary and satire. Manson uses metaphors and religious iconograghy to explain his views on society, politics and to make the point that parents should raise their kids and not let TV do it. I find it entertaining, but it's only music. I'm not one of those emo kids that bows down to Manson posters and carves satanic verses into my chest. :lol:

That's your music lesson for today. :lol:

B-lo
01-09-2007, 12:40 PM
That's actually a pretty cool story. How many people can say that they bought a washer and dryer from a celebrity's father? :lol:

I met Manson's father at a concert in Syracuse about 7 or 8 years ago. I went with my sister and this guy walks up to us after the concert and asks us for a pen, we let him borrow one and then he walked off. A few days later she was flipping through the TV channels and starts yelling "thats him, thats him", sure as sh*t it was a show on MTV about Manson and the guy was Manson's father.

A few other people that we know work security at the Aud, they said when there was a Manson concert back in 96 (I think) that the band members arrived in sweatpants, no makeup, etc and everybody acted normal.

The whole thing is an act, it has nothing to do with devil worshipping, it's social commentary and satire. Manson uses metaphors and religious iconograghy to explain his views on society, politics and to make the point that parents should raise their kids and not let TV do it. I find it entertaining, but it's only music. I'm not one of those emo kids that bows down to Manson posters and carves satanic verses into my chest. :lol:

That's your music lesson for today. :lol:I honestly had know idea who this guy was talking about back then, " Yea my son is Manson", I'm like

:confused: :goof: . don't lie either , you know you got a picture of manson tatood on you somewhere!:lol:

like2god
01-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I honestly had know idea who this guy was talking about back then, " Yea my son is Manson", I'm like

:confused: :goof: . don't lie either , you know you got a picture of manson tatood on you somewhere!:lol:

:lol:

Nope, but I do have that birthmark shaped like 666 on my scalp. :lol:

Mike13
01-09-2007, 01:53 PM

Ahh yes the day that made me truly hate Wanstache.

DolfanTom
01-09-2007, 03:16 PM

That's your music lesson for today. :lol:
I've always thought this about him. You can tell it's totally an act to make social commentaries like you say or - my theory - make $$$ :wink:

You kind of get the feeling the dude really enjoys his free time when he doesn't have to put on an act.

Haven't met Manson's father (what are the chances that two people in this thread will have!), but I do have this - and it's sort of Dolphin related coincidentally.

-It's October 93 and I'm in college in Rochester, N.Y. My college had scheduled - on a Sunday night - Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers. As you know, this is Bob Marley's kid. Well, I didn't go to the show because I had gone to Cleveland that day .... to see the Dolphins play the Browns. Yep - it was the day Danny ruptured his achilles! I saw it live - and practically cried when I saw Danny come out on crutches! Also was the birth of the Scott Mitchell "era" - he actually played pretty well that day, leading to the win. In addition - it was the first game where then Browns coach BB benched Bernie Kosar. There were signs up that said "Beavis and Belicheck."

Anyways, my girlfriend at the time and I got back to my college that night around 11 or so, and I stopped in to the local quickie mart on the way back to the dorm. Who was in there sipping cheap loganberry juice and eating stale hot dogs? Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers!

DolfanTom
01-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Ahh yes the day that made me truly hate Wanstache.I remember thinking that Ricky was going to break the all time single-game rushing record that day ... then it all fell apart ...

GoBills24
01-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I remember thinking that Ricky was going to break the all time single-game rushing record that day ... then it all fell apart ...

I was extremely pissed off when we were down 14-3.

like2god
01-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I've always thought this about him. You can tell it's totally an act to make social commentaries like you say or - my theory - make $$$ :wink:

You kind of get the feeling the dude really enjoys his free time when he doesn't have to put on an act.
I like the fact that people just react to the way he looks without paying attention to what he is saying. When I went to the concert in '96 there were people outside protesting with banners, signs, flags and bibles threatening the kids walking in. It wasn't as bad in Syracuse, although there were people trying to have the concert cancelled. :rolleyes2

And yes, just like Kiss, Ozzy, Bowie and Alice Cooper he is in it for the money. I would do it for the money too. :lol:

Haven't met Manson's father (what are the chances that two people in this thread will have!), but I do have this - and it's sort of Dolphin related coincidentally.

-It's October 93 and I'm in college in Rochester, N.Y. My college had scheduled - on a Sunday night - Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers. As you know, this is Bob Marley's kid. Well, I didn't go to the show because I had gone to Cleveland that day .... to see the Dolphins play the Browns. Yep - it was the day Danny ruptured his achilles! I saw it live - and practically cried when I saw Danny come out on crutches! Also was the birth of the Scott Mitchell "era" - he actually played pretty well that day, leading to the win. In addition - it was the first game where then Browns coach BB benched Bernie Kosar. There were signs up that said "Beavis and Belicheck."

Anyways, my girlfriend at the time and I got back to my college that night around 11 or so, and I stopped in to the local quickie mart on the way back to the dorm. Who was in there sipping cheap loganberry juice and eating stale hot dogs? Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers!
Beavis and Belichick. :sidelol:

Cool story Tom.

One time I was in Montgomery Wards and Ziggy Marley tried to sell me a dishwaher. :wink:

(not really.........it was a microwave) :lol:

DolfanTom
01-09-2007, 03:39 PM
I like the fact that people just react to the way he looks without paying attention to what he is saying. When I went to the concert in '96 there were people outside protesting with banners, signs, flags and bibles threatening the kids walking in. It wasn't as bad in Syracuse, although there were people trying to have the concert cancelled. :rolleyes2

And yes, just like Kiss, Ozzy, Bowie and Alice Cooper he is in it for the money. I would do it for the money too. :lol:

Beavis and Belichick. :sidelol:

Cool story Tom.

One time I was in Montgomery Wards and Ziggy Marley tried to sell me a dishwaher. :wink:

(not really.........it was a microwave) :lol:Protests bother me in general. IMO, they're rarely required. If you don't like something - most of the time you can ignore it. If you don't like a Manson concern - why in the world go around a bunch of people who do? Stay home, watch the Golden Girls or something ...

I'm a Catholic, but please paint up my face, and dress me up in pentagrams and send me on tour if people will buy my CD en masse!! Ozzie is great live BTW! Even if he does piss himself now and again. They say that's why they soak him in water before the show, so the piss just blends in w/ the sweat. That's what I heard anyway. It's actually funny seeing this fat old guy dance up on stage and really get excited about what he does for a living. Frankly, I think he's just happy to be alive :lol:

Is this how it went at MW?:

Ziggy: Yeah mon, ya buyin dis microwave!

l2g: Aren't you Bob Marely's son?

Ziggy: Yeah mon. You buy dis microwave and we'll go burn one out by da dumpster.

l2g: Sold!!

like2god
01-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Protests bother me in general. IMO, they're rarely required. If you don't like something - most of the time you can ignore it. If you don't like a Manson concern - why in the world go around a bunch of people who do? Stay home, watch the Golden Girls or something ...

I'm a Catholic, but please paint up my face, and dress me up in pentagrams and send me on tour if people will buy my CD en masse!! Ozzie is great live BTW! Even if he does piss himself now and again. They say that's why they soak him in water before the show, so the piss just blends in w/ the sweat. That's what I heard anyway. It's actually funny seeing this fat old guy dance up on stage and really get excited about what he does for a living. Frankly, I think he's just happy to be alive :lol: :lol:

I'm a huge Ozzy fan but I feel sorry for the guy. He can barely clap his has in rhythm to the music and yet his wife is still sending him out on tour to piss himself. :lol:

Is this how it went at MW?:

Ziggy: Yeah mon, ya buyin dis microwave!

l2g: Aren't you Bob Marely's son?

Ziggy: Yeah mon. You buy dis microwave and we'll go burn one out by da dumpster.

l2g: Sold!!
:lol:

It was something like that. :wink:

GoBills24
01-09-2007, 04:37 PM

Speaking of Manson, I've finally started getting into his music.

Should've gotten into his stuff earlier is all I have to say. :lol: Antichrist Superstar is amazing...

Too bad he's banned in Buffalo, officially, so I'll probably never have the chance to see him. :tantrum:

like2god
01-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Speaking of Manson, I've finally started getting into his music.

Should've gotten into his stuff earlier is all I have to say. :lol: Antichrist Superstar is amazing...

Too bad he's banned in Buffalo, officially, so I'll probably never have the chance to see him. :tantrum:
Antichrist Superstar is good, but check out Golden Age of Grotesque, Mechanical Animals, and Holywood. Infact just do a youtube search for Manson or Lacuna Coil, another of my favorites. :cooldude:

GoBills24
01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Antichrist Superstar is good, but check out Golden Age of Grotesque, Mechanical Animals, and Holywood. Infact just do a youtube search for Manson or Lacuna Coil, another of my favorites. :cooldude:

Yep, I like Lacuna Coil as well. I dig the girl singer, for talent and looks. :D

BTW, still on the subject of Manson, exactly how good was he live?? I've watched tons of live concerts of him, and he seems amazing. But there's only so much you could tell off a Youtube video on computer speakers.

like2god
01-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Yep, I like Lacuna Coil as well. I dig the girl singer, for talent and looks. :D

BTW, still on the subject of Manson, exactly how good was he live?? I've watched tons of live concerts of him, and he seems amazing. But there's only so much you could tell off a Youtube video on computer speakers.

I saw him twice and all I can say is that it is a very visual show. He definitely knows how to play the crowd and make things interesting. Some bands just get up there and play, some bands try to get the crowd riled with phony enthusiasm and a ton of F-bombs, but Manson's concert isn't like that. As far as how the music translates live, surprisingly very well. Usually bands that rely on "industrial" sounds don't come off too well when playing live.

BTW

Cristina from Coil is :hump:

GoBills24
01-09-2007, 05:03 PM
I saw him twice and all I can say is that it is a very visual show. He definitely knows how to play the crowd and make things interesting. Some bands just get up there and play, some bands try to get the crowd riled with phony enthusiasm and a ton of F-bombs, but Manson's concert isn't like that. As far as how the music translates live, surprisingly very well. Usually bands that rely on "industrial" sounds don't come off too well when playing live.

BTW

Cristina from Coil is :hump:

No kiddin' :lol: As you said, music's not too bad either.

You're very lucky to have seen a Manson show...more than once is a gift. I just hope he returns to music, and get out of this "art phase" he's in now. Thanks for the review.

The opening riff(s) of Beautiful People are the main reason I'm starting to play guitar. :cooldude:

OK, now all you can go back to the regularly scheduled division rival bashing... :D

like2god
01-09-2007, 05:06 PM
No kiddin' :lol: As you said, music's not too bad either.

You're very lucky to have seen a Manson show...more than once is a gift. I just hope he returns to music, and get out of this "art phase" he's in now. Thanks for the review.

The opening riff(s) of Beautiful People are the main reason I'm starting to play guitar. :cooldude:

OK, now all you can go back to the regularly scheduled division rival bashing... :D
Good luck with the guitar playing, the Beautiful People is actually very easy in drop d tuning. Check out some tab sites and that should help you out.

Enough music, I think we hijacked this thread long enough.

Bills suck BTW

DolfanTom
01-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Don't you guys want to hear about the time I saw Vanilla Ice paired w/ MC Hammer? Swear to GOD!! (I've seen a wide variety of shows over the years). My senior year in HS, back in early '90 I had some friends that were really into those guys. I'll admit it, I was a little into the Vanilla Ice hype for a week or two. Anyways, they came to Albany and I went. I remember thinking how cool I was to see this show. Now it's the one I bring up when I have the "what was the most embarrassing show you ever saw" convo comes up!

Also saw Poison and Warrant! Hair bands at their best!!

Seen my share of metal shows, though. Pantera three times, Type O once (w/ Pantera), ProPain, Biohazard, Sepultchura, Metallica twice (if you still call that metal :wink:) and various others.

There's a small venue between Albany and Saratoga that does mostly metal shows to crowds of 800-1,000 people. Four years ago or so, Rob Zombie came through for a show that was not really advertised. The venue owner just put "Meet the Creeper" up on the board for a few weeks, then changed it to Rob Zombie about three days before the show. Zombie was on Ozfest at the time, so he did a show in front of 30,000 or so the night before and the night after. But not this night. Small, energetic crowd!! I never was a real fan of him before that night, but he was unbelieavable live!!! I love that small venue setting for metal shows. I don't mosh like I did ten years ago, but it's still fun!

Don't worry about hijacking the thread. It's all about wasting time during the offseason anyways.

BTW, Bills suck my ass!!

like2god
01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
:laughat: DolfanTom for liking Vanilla Ice and Hammer :wink:

I have only been to the 2 Manson shows, I had a chance to go Ozzfest 2 years ago and Van Halen like 15 years ago but didn't.

My "embarrassed for liking them" would be Bon Jovi when I was like 7 and Michael Jackson when I was younger than that. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

But at least I didn't like Vanilla Ice so I feel better. :lol:

BTW Glad to see another Type O fan. :cooldude:

GoBills24
01-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't you guys want to hear about the time I saw Vanilla Ice paired w/ MC Hammer? Swear to GOD!! (I've seen a wide variety of shows over the years). My senior year in HS, back in early '90 I had some friends that were really into those guys. I'll admit it, I was a little into the Vanilla Ice hype for a week or two. Anyways, they came to Albany and I went. I remember thinking how cool I was to see this show. Now it's the one I bring up when I have the "what was the most embarrassing show you ever saw" convo comes up!

:sidelol:

Also saw Poison and Warrant! Hair bands at their best!!

Seen my share of metal shows, though. Pantera three times, Type O once (w/ Pantera), ProPain, Biohazard, Sepultchura, Metallica twice (if you still call that metal :wink:) and various others.

LOL, you've seen some good shows, Tom.

I had a very good chance to see Iron Maiden / "Black Sabbath" at Ozzfest a few years back. I was dumb, and I ended up not going. :tantrum:

I also wanted to see NIN / A Perfect Circle BADLY when I was about 9 or 10 years old, but I was told I was too young, and ended up missing it. :shakeno:

Those are my dubious concert experiences. But I have seen KISS once, Aerosmith 3x, and Motley Crue once, so I've been kind of lucky.

Sorry for another hijack. :tongue:

Mike13
01-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I was extremely pissed off when we were down 14-3.

I was pissed when we blew that lead. It was funny seeing Jay attempting to throw in that wind and snow and Bledsoe actually pulling it off.

. He can barely clap his has in rhythm to the music and yet his wife is still sending him out on tour to piss himself. :lol:

You got to love Ozzy, the guy can't put a coherent sentence together but he could sing when he was younger.

DolfanTom
01-10-2007, 11:54 AM
:laughat: DolfanTom for liking Vanilla Ice and Hammer :wink: Ice Ice Baby!! You just can't touch that!! :sidelol:

B-lo
01-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Ice Ice Baby!! You just can't touch that!! :sidelol:

:sidelol: I thought I was bad . back then I seen Bon Jovi, Ratt, whitesnake , Cinderella, poison. All the great/lame bad hair bands! BUT ice , ice baby!!!!!!:sidelol: Take a man card away , but i'll give it back for just admitting that!:lol:

DolfanTom
01-10-2007, 12:32 PM
:sidelol: I thought I was bad . back then I seen Bon Jovi, Ratt, whitesnake , Cinderella, poison. All the great/lame bad hair bands! BUT ice , ice baby!!!!!!:sidelol: Take a man card away , but i'll give it back for just admitting that!:lol:The sad part is you can still listen to Bon Jovi, Ratt, Whitesnake (to a point), Cinderella and Poison and at least appreciate it for what it is! Same goes for Def Leppard, another DolfanTom fav. I mean, they are what they are, and they are entertaining and make you feel young again!

But Vanilla Ice is just .... bhalh!! It's like someone with a rep for banging Supermodels left and right, along with half the SI swimsuit issue ... then having it come out that he also had relations w/ Rosie O'Donnell. Just embarrassing!! Although, frankly, line me up for Rosie if it means half the SI Swimsuit issue after! :cooldude:

But like you said - even on the man card!

B-lo
01-10-2007, 01:07 PM
The sad part is you can still listen to Bon Jovi, Ratt, Whitesnake (to a point), Cinderella and Poison and at least appreciate it for what it is! Same goes for Def Leppard, another DolfanTom fav. I mean, they are what they are, and they are entertaining and make you feel young again!

But Vanilla Ice is just .... bhalh!! It's like someone with a rep for banging Supermodels left and right, along with half the SI swimsuit issue ... then having it come out that he also had relations w/ Rosie O'Donnell. Just embarrassing!! Although, frankly, line me up for Rosie if it means half the SI Swimsuit issue after! :cooldude:

But like you said - even on the man card! Agreed on the music. And agreed on put me in the Rosie line if it gets me the S.I. girls!:lol: It would be rough but WELL worth it!:cooldude: