PDA

View Full Version : madden 07 superstar

Nappy Roots
01-11-2007, 11:06 PM
for those of you that play this, i tried WR today, and it seems to be a horrible feature. you cant see the ball when its thrown. so you have no clue when to try to catch it.

how the hell do you guys do it?

Majpain
01-11-2007, 11:54 PM
for those of you that play this, i tried WR today, and it seems to be a horrible feature. you cant see the ball when its thrown. so you have no clue when to try to catch it.

SS is truly Garbage. I couldnt stand playing WR, most of the time they ran it so it made the game utterly boring. Yeah I know I wont get the ball every time but damn Id only get 3-5 receptions a game if I'm lucky. All I did were streaks because thats the only time I can see the ball.

Slappy8800
01-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Wr is one of my favorite positions to play in SS mode...SS mode is the only thing EA got right this year....it take some practice is all.

Slappy8800
01-12-2007, 12:00 AM
SS is truly Garbage. I couldnt stand playing WR, most of the time they ran it so it made the game utterly boring. Yeah I know I wont get the ball every time but damn Id only get 3-5 receptions a game if I'm lucky. All I did were streaks because thats the only time I can see the ball.

you do realize if you hit the Y button you can call for the ball and they will throw it to ya........

UCFinfan86
01-12-2007, 12:32 AM

So maybe TO isn't out of line when he's crying for the ball??

I think Saftey is the best, but WR is 2nd. Its fun trying to get open. But after playing the WR i can deffinetly feel why alot of WRs in football get annoyed, b/c i feel like im open alot of times when i don't get the ball

Majpain
01-12-2007, 01:33 AM
you do realize if you hit the Y button you can call for the ball and they will throw it to ya........

:rolleyes2
Thats what I do, If I wanted catches I would do hook routes, really who would waste their catch on a 4-7 yard completion, its not like you get the ball everydown.

HysterikiLL
01-12-2007, 03:06 AM
I hate how on PS2 after every play you get that laggy hold-up to get some stupid points or some crap.

Bruzer
01-12-2007, 09:30 AM
I think wr is quiet easy to play I have a wr, runningback and a quarterback in superstar.

Mindwarp
01-12-2007, 09:39 AM
QB FTW you decided who to throw to ;) and sure you might have some horrible OC who calls running plays all the time, just audible out of it :goof:

Enforcerfin33
01-12-2007, 09:55 AM
I think MLB is my favorite to play, even though I'm playing for the f-in Vikings..:rolleyes:

Agent51
01-12-2007, 02:08 PM

I chose a different position :lol:

But seriously, you're right. WR/TE was damn near impossible in SS mode. I have tried all the positions and WR/TE is by far the hardest. It needs to be completely redone, like maybe have it where your head turns to track the ball when the QB throws to you or something, so you can SEE the ball, and know when it comes your way. The way I got through a season was to just call for the ball right away everytime (LB was the button I believe) and just keep running in the same direction, so I wouldn't miss it if it came to me. It greatly hindered my stats, but at least I was able to get some damn catches.

Toneboy
01-13-2007, 08:41 AM
I've started in the superstar mode as a WR. I'm also seeing duting returning kicks, which makes it a bit more interesting.

byroan
01-13-2007, 09:19 AM
I was a beast when I played WR in SS mode. Of course I was 6'7 and had Brady as my QB.

I'm pretty much played out of SS mode. I'm playing franchise mode, I simulated the first season and fired Saban.

Jt0323
01-13-2007, 12:34 PM
I was a beast when I played WR in SS mode. Of course I was 6'7 and had Brady as my QB.

I'm pretty much played out of SS mode. I'm playing franchise mode, I simulated the first season and fired Saban.
same here... Cameron is my OC and Rivera is my Head Coach...he was better ranked...

phinpunk14
01-13-2007, 01:48 PM
I think MLB is my favorite to play, even though I'm playing for the f-in Vikings..:rolleyes:

Same here. You're in on every play when you're the MLB.

Fresh
01-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Superstar sucks unless you are a QB or RB

UCFinfan86
01-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Has anyone tried being Kicker or Punter??

Quelonio
01-13-2007, 05:01 PM

I tried... really mostly in a gimmicky, let us see how this goes... but didnt they cancel those positions in the new one (I am talking bout the 2006 one)

Bruzer
01-13-2007, 10:07 PM
I chose a different position :lol:

But seriously, you're right. WR/TE was damn near impossible in SS mode. I have tried all the positions and WR/TE is by far the hardest. It needs to be completely redone, like maybe have it where your head turns to track the ball when the QB throws to you or something, so you can SEE the ball, and know when it comes your way. The way I got through a season was to just call for the ball right away everytime (LB was the button I believe) and just keep running in the same direction, so I wouldn't miss it if it came to me. It greatly hindered my stats, but at least I was able to get some damn catches.

See I think cb, fs, ss is hardest to play i can easily do wr, rb, te, qb, basically all of offense and Im good at mlb and at de.

Mike13
01-14-2007, 12:57 AM
I usually play QB in SS.

Brown42000
01-14-2007, 01:16 PM
I tried kicker and it is the most boring thing I have ever done.

Agent51
01-16-2007, 01:49 PM
See I think cb, fs, ss is hardest to play i can easily do wr, rb, te, qb, basically all of offense and Im good at mlb and at de.

Oh the DB positions are definately hard too, you have the same probs as WR/TE. Actually, you are right, the DB has t be the hardest position set, because you have all the struggles of WR but the ball isn't actually going to you, so you definately get hurt by not being able to see the ball in the air. As a WR/TE you can just run the route and you know the ball will be there, but as a DB you can't see well enough to jump the route or time the INT attempt. What I resorted to was just letting the computer controll the guy until I saw the QB throw it my way then I'd hit "Y" and hope he jumped to catch it (sometimes the guys just ignore the jump/catch command, in ALL the modes not just superstar). Also, you are screwed if you miss the INT/swat or the tackle because once the guy is past you you're running blind because of the crappy camera.

As far as firing Saban goes, you can't do that in the 360 version, you're stuck with him. Man I miss the PS2 version........

illscriptures
01-16-2007, 01:53 PM
lol... you guys are crazy... I like you guys... but you're crazy.

Safety is good to play too. I have like 6 picks into 4 games of the season. All madden always.

You give the reciever a bit of room and as soon as you see the ball being thrown, dash and jump 4 feet in front of the recieving circle for the pick. Sometimes for six if you got Ed Reed like skills.

Spee
01-20-2007, 09:47 PM
try h before my memory card got erasdI used to get 8-12 receptions a game because if u get a hall a fame dad that says yor father ws like the marvin harrison of his time he has like all of his stats. do strak route an ake sure u go up against the slwest starting conerback on the team then call for the ball

tylerdolphin
01-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Its isnt hard at all...matter of fact WR is the only position I can play in SS worth a crap. I get 10-12 catches and came and if I want, about 350 yards. Its easy. You just have to time it using the yellow/orange/red circle.