PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Drive in Movies!

Jaydog57
01-08-2002, 01:47 AM
I miss the drive-in theatres. You could hang in your car, bring whatever you want to eat, nobody talking next to you that you couldn't tell to shut up. BUT....they need better speakers for your car. I remember when I was about 7, my parents dragged me with them to see a double feature..Jaws and the Shining. It was a scary night my friends. I didn't sleep all night. Still miss that drive-in though....:cool:

miadphan13
01-08-2002, 02:53 AM
Yea, we used to hang out in the back row and get drunk. The good old days. :(

dolfan06
01-09-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
I miss the drive-in theatres. You could hang in your car, bring whatever you want to eat, nobody talking next to you that you couldn't tell to shut up. BUT....they need better speakers for your car. I remember when I was about 7, my parents dragged me with them to see a double feature..Jaws and the Shining. It was a scary night my friends. I didn't sleep all night. Still miss that drive-in though....:cool:

why drive-in movies, now that satellite has hit the field, you can see a movie for a lot less and you can do a lot more in the privacy of your own home! these little punk ushers and their friggin flashlights, i could just strangle one of those idiots!mad:

Jaydog57
01-09-2002, 12:26 AM
Little Punk Ushers! Cool name for a british bunk band wouldn't you say?:lol:

dolfan06
01-09-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
Little Punk Ushers! Cool name for a british bunk band wouldn't you say?:lol: :D

WeVie
11-23-2009, 11:34 AM
I love looking at these really old threads.

There are two drive-ins within an hour of where I live and they are great. Two movies for the price of one. They do have better speakers these days also. The ones in your car. They broadcast the sound on a radio station now.

Steveo 90
11-23-2009, 01:23 PM
wow,you just bumped a 7 year old thread........awesome find
but i do like the drive inns,we have them here and there is a really cool one in montana where i visit my father in law.......good times

PhinzN703
11-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Bunch of old grumpy geezers you all are :hump:

CedarPhin
11-23-2009, 11:13 PM
wow,you just bumped a 7 year old thread........awesome find
but i do like the drive inns,we have them here and there is a really cool one in montana where i visit my father in law.......good times

Where at in Montana? That's where I'm from.

phinpunk14
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
I love looking at these really old threads.

There are two drive-ins within an hour of where I live and they are great. Two movies for the price of one. They do have better speakers these days also. The ones in your car. They broadcast the sound on a radio station now.

Yeah, we still have one here in my hometown. Same setup as yours... Sound over radio and always a double feature. During the summer, our drive-in does better than our two regular theaters. Lately, I've been trying to get the owner to do a creature double feature with old movies like The Creature From The Black Lagoon. I think that would just be awesome.

WeVie
11-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah, we still have one here in my hometown. Same setup as yours... Sound over radio and always a double feature. During the summer, our drive-in does better than our two regular theaters. Lately, I've been trying to get the owner to do a creature double feature with old movies like The Creature From The Black Lagoon. I think that would just be awesome.

That would be way cool. They should have an old movie tuesday or something like that.

cafinfan408
11-25-2009, 04:35 AM
nothing like the drive ins if the flick is boring you always got a backseat

Possum
11-25-2009, 05:03 AM
If im still correct the swap shop down in broward county, fl still as one up and running. sucks during the summer time but when it gets nice and cool, drive in is nice as hell.