PDA

View Full Version : NBA Officials = THUGS!!!!!

bullseyeguy
01-12-2007, 11:20 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- NBA official Rodney Mott was suspended three games without pay Friday for making an obscene gesture toward a fan and also using inappropriate language.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnlnXqm0zNyASHQQXoTYJHi8vLYF?slug=ap-officialsuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

MikeO
01-12-2007, 11:42 PM
lol,, yeah because all of those NBA refs got the tats, and are carrying guns, wearing a ton of jewlery, and making rap albums in the offseason.

Yeah, some thugs they are.... lol lol lol lol

like2god
01-13-2007, 12:05 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnlnXqm0zNyASHQQXoTYJHi8vLYF?slug=ap-officialsuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

:rolleyes2

Mike13
01-13-2007, 12:10 AM
I'd call them completely inept at their jonbs but they're not thugs.

MikeO
01-13-2007, 12:44 AM
I'd call them completely inept at their jonbs but they're not thugs.

THAT I agree with!

RWhitney014
01-13-2007, 01:11 AM
With all the verbal abuse these guys take day in, day out, I'm surprised they don't snap more. Although it's a cool job, it's not a glamorous one. In basketball, at least, you sprint for a living, never play a home game, have to have perfect vision and judgement, travel every day, and get the pleasure of having players, coaches, and fans ***** at you constantly.

King Felix
01-13-2007, 04:44 AM
i was at that game lol

bullseyeguy
01-13-2007, 05:07 AM
NEWSFLASH: I dont really think they are thugs, I was joking...I actually think what he did was funny...

tucker
01-13-2007, 06:26 PM
lol,, yeah because all of those NBA refs got the tats, and are carrying guns, wearing a ton of jewlery, and making rap albums in the offseason.

Yeah, some thugs they are.... lol lol lol lolthats really stupid if you are saying that is the criteria for being a thug

MikeO
01-13-2007, 06:34 PM
thats really stupid if you are saying that is the criteria for being a thug

Welcome to reality!!

Nappy Roots
01-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Welcome to reality!!

lmao. not even close to reality.

should of said "welcome to mikeos thinking on something he knows nothing about"

Do not attack another member. Focus on the topic, the the persons

gillderais
01-13-2007, 06:42 PM
As Tupac defined it, a thug is someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them. That person is a thug. and the life they are living is the thug life.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thug

UCFinfan86
01-14-2007, 02:51 AM
Welcome to reality!!

:shakeno:

Majpain
01-14-2007, 05:57 AM
:lol:

Fresh
01-14-2007, 01:13 PM

Yeah, some thugs they are.... lol lol lol lol

none of those things make you a thug...........:confused:

that's one hell of a stereotype there. :rolleyes2

-Would you call a surfer loaded with tats a thug?
-Would you call an innocent white lady with tons of bracelets a thug?
-Would you call a police officer who carries a gun a thug?
-Every rapper is an actual thug? You mean those millionaires?

Stop discriminating...........

Some people get tats to symbolize and resresent something permanent.
Some people wear jewelry because they damn well please.
Some people carry guns for protection.
Some people make rap albums because in reality, they are making more money than your ***.

It's always something with you.. yet really, those basketball "thugs" and rappers could probably buy out your entire car and pay your entire house mortgage in a week's work or less. :lol:

GreenMonster
01-14-2007, 01:18 PM
none of those things make you a thug...........:confused:

that's one hell of a stereo type there. :rolleyes2

A Thug is a ruffian, a miscreant, a person thats acts in aggressive way towards others..

Fresh
01-14-2007, 01:19 PM
No personal attacks! Dispute the post, and do not go after the member and make it personal or some time off may come into play!

I've been saying that for a while now.

Don't really care though. The people he talks about are those who can afford 10x what he can.

tucker
01-14-2007, 10:00 PM
As Tupac defined it, a thug is someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them. That person is a thug. and the life they are living is the thug life. eh i guess..but please tell me you dont get your learnings from rappers...a thug is a person that greenmonster explained..and mikeo that isnt reality...if that is the case, i must be hanging with some really dangerous thugs

Section126
01-14-2007, 11:59 PM
As Tupac defined it, a thug is someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them. That person is a thug. and the life they are living is the thug life.

Hey...I am big fan of Tupac...but there has never been a bigger fraud in the rap world than Tupac...oh...maybe Jay-Z.

Sorry King...I'm a NAS fan.

King Felix
01-15-2007, 12:41 AM
illmatic is the greatest rap album ever

Nappy Roots
01-15-2007, 02:33 AM
Hey...I am big fan of Tupac...but there has never been a bigger fraud in the rap world than Tupac...oh...maybe Jay-Z.

oh god. here we go..

how the hell was pac a fraud. pac was anything but a fraud and was the realest in every sense of the word.

Fresh
01-15-2007, 03:08 AM

Nah, actually the exact opposite. Tupac was probably the realest ever to do it. He didn't have any gimmick about him at all. He rapped about how he felt, and didn't try and drag his image out to be more than his true self. He didn't portray himself as someone he wasn't. EDIT: oh yeah, even though he's got one hell of a sense of humor, Snoop is pretty real too.

"I ain't a killer, but don't push me" - he was pretty honest about his.

lol, ME TOO.. Jay, Nas, & Pac = my top 3 all-time. I don't take sides in rap beef.

That's 110% false.

You can be all those things and be a thug, but being like that doesn't make you one..

An average dude living in the projects on welfare & food stamps without family or anything, living that life of struggle yet not harming anyone but himself fits the description you just posted. But, that is no thug. There really isn't a firm explanation of a thug. Most people just stereotype in the way of finding their definition......like when people say all NBA players are thugs. It's just like how Stephen Jackson is the biggest thug in the world for defending his teammate, who was in the stands surrounded by hundreds by himself. Nate Robinson is a thug for defending his teammate after being ***** slapped as well. Man, people just stereotype........that's all. We are who we think we are.

I've just always found it funny that when an international or white player gets into a situation like that, they're not called thugs. I guess you have to be black to even be considered a thug in the eyes of many. :rolleyes2

(not calling anyone a racist, I'm just stating my opinion from personal experiences and my viewings of forums in the time of these situations)

Nappy Roots
01-15-2007, 10:57 AM
problem with pacs definition of a thug is his thug meant a whole nother thing to the him. in his version of thug life, it had little to do with violence and more of i dont give a damn attitude. the me against the world attitude.

and i agree with KiNG, the word thug is thrown around on this board if the guy cusses at the ref or fan, or gets into the face of another player when in their mind the word thug is a hood dude that carrys guns, smokes weed, etc. its stupid. it would seem like when a black guy does something stupid or violent, or both, hes a thug. a white guy does it, its "what an idiot"...its not a racists thing imo, simply a perception that is wrong.

tucker
01-15-2007, 12:21 PM
pac is a fraud you guys idiolize him too much...its a sad day when people idiolize rappers

Section126
01-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Okay...I will tell you why Pac was a fraud.

A) he had formal training in acting, voice inflection, and music. yet he says he came from the street.

B) He hired a security firm to infiltrate clubs and weed out any "problems" there might be for him. Yet he started more **** than anybody in these clubs.

C) he called Biggie a fraud when Biggie actually sold drugs and hustled to pay the bills..while Pac was really born on third base and thought he hit a triple.

D) He screwed over Suge Knight on his contract...and then sold out Snoop to Suge when he was asked if Snoop was really leaving the label. He helped Suge Knight continue his reign of terror by helping him all along. he was the one guy that could have told Suge to go to hell...he didn't.

There are many more...

Don't get me wrong...I love his music and got every record he made. I admire his skill and talent...but he was hardly "real".

Nappy Roots
01-15-2007, 01:11 PM

A) he had formal training in acting, voice inflection, and music. yet he says he came from the street.

i stopped reading after that. because you obviously have no clue of his upbringing with where and how he grew up.

tucker
01-15-2007, 01:20 PM
who cares...look what it led too

MikeO
01-15-2007, 01:21 PM

Thug-ary!!!! :lol:

Nappy Roots
01-15-2007, 01:24 PM

the greatest rapper ever? :confused:

:D

Section126
01-15-2007, 01:27 PM
i stopped reading after that. because you obviously have no clue of his upbringing with where and how he grew up.

Define irony.

He had formal training...he was middle class.

From the age of 12 to 14 he attended a Drama School in Harlem.

From the age of 14 to 17 he attended the Baltimore School for the performing arts.

5 years of formal training.

When he moved to Marin he was basically spoon fed on how to produce a record by the likes of Anton gregory.

Nappy Roots
01-15-2007, 01:36 PM
..he was middle class.

lmao. OK. :lol:

Section126
01-15-2007, 01:40 PM
lmao. OK. :lol:

What poor people can afford to pay for 5 years of drama school?

Nappy Roots
01-15-2007, 01:45 PM
What poor people can afford to pay for 5 years of drama school?

watch it (http://www.amazon.com/Tupac-Resurrection-Widescreen-Shakur/dp/B0001US5T2/sr=8-15/qid=1168883072/ref=sr_1_15/002-0527524-6873612?ie=UTF8&s=dvd).

Section126
01-15-2007, 01:50 PM
watch it (http://www.amazon.com/Tupac-Resurrection-Widescreen-Shakur/dp/B0001US5T2/sr=8-15/qid=1168883072/ref=sr_1_15/002-0527524-6873612?ie=UTF8&s=dvd).

I did.

The revisionist history that took place in that film was almost funny...if it weren't tragic.

Watch the Documentary..."Biggie and Tupac"...and you will see what he really was.

Nappy Roots
01-15-2007, 02:02 PM
I did.

The revisionist history that took place in that film was almost funny...if it weren't tragic.

Watch the Documentary..."Biggie and Tupac"...and you will see what he really was.

dude ive watched it all trust me.

and while your right that Pac never sold drugs more then just tryin to, biggy didnt do it to pay his bills. biggy was middle class and his mom even says it. Pac grew up in poverty of Baltimore and Bronx. his mom will tell u this to.

and what does going to a performing arts school for a couple years have to do with him being real. he never lied about that. thats being real. being real is saying things you dont mean, saying things thats not the truth. pac said and did whatever he wanted, thats being real. he didnt give a ****, thats being real.

you cant find anyone that knew pac and didnt say he was the realest. even people that pac didnt like and dissed admitted it. including nas crying when he heard pac dissed him. lmao.

did pac sell drugs? no. but what the **** does that matter. there are tons of people that have sold drugs that are *****.

Fresh
01-15-2007, 02:33 PM
problem with pacs definition of a thug is his thug meant a whole nother thing to the him. in his version of thug life, it had little to do with violence and more of i dont give a damn attitude. the me against the world attitude.

and i agree with KiNG, the word thug is thrown around on this board if the guy cusses at the ref or fan, or gets into the face of another player when in their mind the word thug is a hood dude that carrys guns, smokes weed, etc. its stupid. it would seem like when a black guy does something stupid or violent, or both, hes a thug. a white guy does it, its "what an idiot"...its not a racists thing imo, simply a perception that is wrong.

Well said......it's pretty much what you said.

His track, "I Don't Give A ****" - for those who haven't heard it, it's the featured song in GTA: San Andreas......pretty much explains everything. & then of course there's "Me Against The World"

Fresh
01-15-2007, 02:43 PM

B) He hired a security firm to infiltrate clubs and weed out any "problems" there might be for him. Yet he started more **** than anybody in these clubs.

C) he called Biggie a fraud when Biggie actually sold drugs and hustled to pay the bills..while Pac was really born on third base and thought he hit a triple.

D) He screwed over Suge Knight on his contract...and then sold out Snoop to Suge when he was asked if Snoop was really leaving the label. He helped Suge Knight continue his reign of terror by helping him all along. he was the one guy that could have told Suge to go to hell...he didn't.

Gotta disagree with you a bit here, 126........

a) He didn't see much in actual public schools for him, and he realized his talent elsewhere. His mother had a high appreciation for art, and she enrolled him in the famous Harlem's 127th school of art, or whatever it is.......and from there, he found acting, art, and even poetry interesting. He did come from the street, but what he was trying to do was actually make it out've the street. He actually developed into a great actor and poet. Pac was a smart, smart, smart dude. Not just street smart, but book smart.

b) All street garbage aside, any intelligent rich person, especially a rapper.......would hire security. He had a lot to live for and there were more than likely people who didn't have **** looking to kill him. Gotta protect yourself.

c) Yet at the same time, Biggie had his history of doing well in school and other things like that. He actually won some city competitions and rewards in Brooklyn for his commitment to academic excellence. Selling drugs doesn't make you real or fraud.........it makes you dumb for the time being until you realize what else is out there for you. Biggie was actually more middle class than Pac could ever even be considered growing up.

d) Nobody knows the truth about that situation with Suge, because Suge is probably the biggest liar in the history of ANYTHING.......Suge made those contracts out to screw his artists over, as a matter of fact. I won't speak on that.

Phinz4Life
01-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Stop.

Using.

The.

Word.

Thug.

tucker
01-15-2007, 06:28 PM
the greatest rapper ever? :confused:

:D
touche...lol

Fin Fan in Cali
01-15-2007, 10:07 PM

Yeah, some thugs they are.... lol lol lol lolMike the players aren't all thugs either. I think that is a real bad name all together to group all of the NBA players into, becuase it's not fair for the good players to get labeled that way.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
01-15-2007, 10:08 PM
How about this, use bad apples rather then the word Thug.

Alex44
01-15-2007, 10:14 PM
How did Pac get into this? Seriously.

How does trying to make something of yourself when you dont have much make you a fraud? Why does every black person who makes a mistake get labled a thug and a white guy gets called an *** or an idiot?

Just for the record Im white, but Im wondering why such a double standard? Anyway this isnt what the thread should be about so we should just drop it, for the sake of making the site a tension and race free place. (By race free I mean not caring about race....I just couldnt word it very well)

Fin Fan in Cali
01-15-2007, 10:23 PM
How did Pac get into this? Seriously.

How does trying to make something of yourself when you dont have much make you a fraud? Why does every black person who makes a mistake get labled a thug and a white guy gets called an *** or an idiot?

Just for the record Im white, but Im wondering why such a double standard? Anyway this isnt what the thread should be about so we should just drop it, for the sake of making the site a tension and race free place. (By race free I mean not caring about race....I just couldnt word it very well)
Nice post. Skin color should never come into play, but the skills that a person has to offer his or her game, is what should only count.:wink:

King Felix
01-16-2007, 03:14 AM
back on subject.....this was probably the call that lead him into doing that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE

that call killed the game because right after that he dunked on some dude....but yeah anyways the crowd was goin crazy after that call soo i think thats it

Prime Time
01-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Gotta disagree with you a bit here, 126........

a) He didn't see much in actual public schools for him, and he realized his talent elsewhere. His mother had a high appreciation for art, and she enrolled him in the famous Harlem's 127th school of art, or whatever it is.......and from there, he found acting, art, and even poetry interesting. He did come from the street, but what he was trying to do was actually make it out've the street. He actually developed into a great actor and poet. Pac was a smart, smart, smart dude. Not just street smart, but book smart.

b) All street garbage aside, any intelligent rich person, especially a rapper.......would hire security. He had a lot to live for and there were more than likely people who didn't have **** looking to kill him. Gotta protect yourself.

c) Yet at the same time, Biggie had his history of doing well in school and other things like that. He actually won some city competitions and rewards in Brooklyn for his commitment to academic excellence. Selling drugs doesn't make you real or fraud.........it makes you dumb for the time being until you realize what else is out there for you. Biggie was actually more middle class than Pac could ever even be considered growing up.

d) Nobody knows the truth about that situation with Suge, because Suge is probably the biggest liar in the history of ANYTHING.......Suge made those contracts out to screw his artists over, as a matter of fact. I won't speak on that.

Off topic, but don't you always poke fun of 50 for having "Security" with him..?

PhinzN703
01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
NBA officials are men that have feelings and hate heckling fans. No biggie there :D