PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Fan forever but Wayne H. is a rich idiot

mattgilm
01-15-2007, 02:23 AM
He will spend his money to get his favorite choice as a head coach but he has not made any good choices after Dan Marino and Shula. Wayne may have good intentions but I do not think he knows jack about football and I highly doubt he will make the right choice in hiring my favorite coach Brian Shottenheimer. If he does, I will be shocked that he made a wise decision. Just because you are rich does not mean you know how to make smart football team building choices and even though he has his advisers that does not mean he has to listen to them. I mean.....look at the previous choices he has made for Head Coach of the Dolphins(Satan and Wormstat). Wayne lets be smart and hire a winner not another weiner.:dolphins::evil::dolphins:I know I may take alot of flack from you W.H. lovers but its the truth man.:wink:

uga3406
01-15-2007, 02:27 AM
He will spend his money to get his favorite choice as a head coach but he has not made any good choices after Dan Marino and Shula. Wayne may have good intentions but I do not think he knows jack about football and I highly doubt he will make the right choice in hiring my favorite coach Brian Shottenheimer. If he does, I will be shocked that he made a wise decision. Just because you are rich does not mean you know how to make smart football team building choices and even though he has his advisers that does not mean he has to listen to them. I mean.....look at the previous choices he has made for Head Coach of the Dolphins(Satan and Wormstat). Wayne lets be smart and hire a winner not another weiner.:dolphins::evil::dolphins:I know I may take alot of flack from you W.H. lovers but its the truth man.:wink:

i agree with you 100 %...

Mogwai
01-15-2007, 02:34 AM
The only decision Wayne made about Marino and Shula was to push them out, are you saying that was a good choice?

Wayne may give the appearance of an amazing owner. He'll throw money around and talk the talk, but the reality is during his ownership he's pushed out the two greatest stars in our history and hired the most pitiful fraud to ever be associated with the Dolphins. Whatever Wayne's intentions the Dolphins have been nothing but a failure since he's been in charge.

bluehaze
01-15-2007, 02:47 AM
Congrats on spelling idiot right this time! :lol:

mattgilm
01-15-2007, 02:47 AM
The only decision Wayne made about Marino and Shula was to push them out, are you saying that was a good choice?

Wayne may give the appearance of an amazing owner. He'll throw money around and talk the talk, but the reality is during his ownership he's pushed out the two greatest stars in our history and hired the most pitiful fraud to ever be associated with the Dolphins. Whatever Wayne's intentions the Dolphins have been nothing but a failure since he's been in charge.

No I forgot that he came after them and pushing them out of Miami was another one of his many blunders.:dolphins:

mattgilm
01-15-2007, 02:52 AM
Congrats on spelling idiot right this time! :lol:

Thank you Wayne and thank you for being the spellcheck master. I also enjoyed your part in Pet Detective Mr. Finkle.:sidelol:

phin lockeroom
01-15-2007, 02:55 AM

Wayne may give the appearance of an amazing owner. He'll throw money around and talk the talk, but the reality is during his ownership he's pushed out the two greatest stars in our history and hired the most pitiful fraud to ever be associated with the Dolphins. Whatever Wayne's intentions the Dolphins have been nothing but a failure since he's been in charge....

How as he kicked them out. they were both ready to retire, and wayne lets the coach make those kind of decisions....

Roman529
01-15-2007, 03:28 AM
Sounds like Wayne is getting lots of input and not just picking guys based on his own interviews. I don't care if he brings in Forrest Gump to be our HC....I just want to win a SB.

Mogwai
01-15-2007, 03:36 AM

How as he kicked them out. they were both ready to retire, and wayne lets the coach make those kind of decisions....
Sure. Ask them if they both thought they were ready to retire. Not that I believe he made the call all on his own but letting Dave Wannstedt decide the end of the greatest player in your franchise's history wasnt the best move.

Fresh
01-15-2007, 03:38 AM
My only beef with Wayne H. is the fact that he shows his face to the press.

Seriously, every time I see his face, by coincidence I happen to be eating or drinking, and it's not a positive outcome at all. I'm not one to judge dudes, but that is one UGLY MOTHER****ER

Mogwai
01-15-2007, 03:39 AM

Seriously, every time I see his face I feel like disconnecting my TV and tossing it.......
:eek: That picture in your sig is sick and wrong. :shakeno:

IluvJuMiami
01-15-2007, 03:40 AM

I didn't even finish reading your ridiculous thread. I don't mean to insult you but I don't know how else to respond. No one, especially not you or me for that matter, know that Brian Schotty is the right choice for this job. We each have our favorites and that's it. The guy is 33 years old coming off his FIRST stint as an OC. How has he turned into the second coming of Christ on this forum? Some of you guys are nut jobs. I don't even want to hire the guy anymore for his sake. I didn't mind before but you guys are idolizing him so quickly that if the guy does get hired and does anything short of parting a sea or turning water into gatorade you'll all actually crucify the man JC style. Everybody needs to take a serious chill pill with the whole Schotty JR bit. You're building the man up to be something no man can become- some divine creation, much like most of you did with NIck Saban. Did you learn nothing from the last couple of weeks? Blaaaah... I feel sick. I blame you.

Roman529
01-15-2007, 03:44 AM

Seriously, every time I see his face, by coincidence I happen to be eating or drinking, and it's not a positive outcome at all. I'm not one to judge dudes, but that is one UGLY MOTHER****ER

He is not wasting his billions on plastic surgery or botox. :D

IluvJuMiami
01-15-2007, 04:15 AM
He is not wasting his billions on plastic surgery or botox. :D

It wouldn't kill the guy to spring for some hair plugs.

PhinSoldia
01-15-2007, 07:08 AM
:eek: That picture in your sig is sick and wrong. :shakeno:

yeah it made me vomit literally because i thought there was a trade or something in the works-havent been paying attention to basketball lately

finfan54
01-15-2007, 07:11 AM
Um, Wayne never did choose Dan or Shula. Joe Robbie and co. did. Unless your talking about being part owner.

bakedmatt
01-15-2007, 08:15 AM

Yeah, hire a weiner. Huh ahuh huh huh. Weiner! Yeah... :bugeye:

DisturbedShifty
01-15-2007, 08:38 AM
I guarantee when Hyzenga hired Nick Saban, no one was bitchin. Now that Saban quit, everyone turns on the most convient person. He may not be the best owner in the NFL, but no one could have guessed that Saban would up and leave after having one losing season in the NFL.

Bet me everyone was praising Hyzenga when he first brought in Saban, Super Bowl win was written all over that aquisition. Hyzenga could have told Saban to stay, Saban flat told him that. If Hyzenga wanted him to stay, then he would have stayed. But Hyzenga knew better. Why tell someone to stay when he knew that guy's heart wouldn't be into leading the Dolphins to the Super Bowl? All you would get was a coach that would sit on the side lines and say "Eh, do what ever you want."

Everyone thought Hyzenga did the right thing by brining in Saban. So why not trust him now? Has the man made mistakes? I'm sure he has, we all have. But he does have the best intentions of this team in his mind and heart. I have confiedince that he will bring in another good coach in. If Saban wouldn't have quit on us, I would still be backing him as a coach, as would everyone here. But he's not here, and now we just have to put our faith in Hyzenga and his advisors to hire the best possible coach left out there.

Geforce
01-15-2007, 08:59 AM

You're probably right that Huizenga doesn't know jack about football, that's why he hires and let those who do make those decision. In fact, not many owners know enough about the sport to make any type of knowledgeable decisions. You say he doesn't have to listen to his advisors, then why have them if you are going to just do what you want? If he doesn't listen to his advisors, who should he listen to? The fans? That would indeed make him an idiot. We praised Huizenga for bringing in Saban and now you're calling him an idiot? How certain are you that Shottenheimer is the right choice? Because of his pedigree? Because of what others on this board says? Will you still back him if in three years he's not the taking us to the playoffs?

gunn34
01-15-2007, 10:24 AM
I didn't even finish reading your ridiculous thread. I don't mean to insult you but I don't know how else to respond. No one, especially not you or me for that matter, know that Brian Schotty is the right choice for this job. We each have our favorites and that's it. The guy is 33 years old coming off his FIRST stint as an OC. How has he turned into the second coming of Christ on this forum? Some of you guys are nut jobs. I don't even want to hire the guy anymore for his sake. I didn't mind before but you guys are idolizing him so quickly that if the guy does get hired and does anything short of parting a sea or turning water into gatorade you'll all actually crucify the man JC style. Everybody needs to take a serious chill pill with the whole Schotty JR bit. You're building the man up to be something no man can become- some divine creation, much like most of you did with NIck Saban. Did you learn nothing from the last couple of weeks? Blaaaah... I feel sick. I blame you.

Another great response. Shotty doesn't deserve a HC job IMO. My bet is the original poster had a sig that said Saban is God or in SAaban we trust.

Dolfan11
01-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Well, I don't think he's the only one on this decision. There are others assisting him. Why is this guy your favorite coach? He's been a coordinator for one year, and he's your favorite? What makes him so good?

Alex44
01-15-2007, 10:54 AM

:lol: Enough said. If you don't see whats hilarious about that I will very happily explain

dabeastdabone
01-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Until wayne makes a couple right moves he is an idiot in my opinion. I'm as much offended by his saying "the cost doesnt matter" - and then rolling in a line of rookie or failures to fill in the Head Coach position, as I was with Saban.

B-Shott, good luck with that. You guys will drink any cool-aid placed in front of you.

The Dolphin Dagger in my back just keeps getting turned, over and over...please stop the misary!

uga3406
01-15-2007, 11:13 AM
b schott is a waste of time as is gailey..the choices we have arent very appealing..

BlueFin
01-15-2007, 11:29 AM

Dude, you lose credibility immediately when you start your thread with "Wayne H. is a rich idiot", and you lose even more when you justify it with you doubt he will make the "right" choice" and choose your favorite coach.

Not to mention that you say he made the choices of Dan Marino and Don Shula, which both happened before he owned the team, so you obviously no very little about the Dolphins history.

I realize you are smitten with Brian Shottenheimer, and who knows? He may get the gig. But realize, he is a very inexperienced coach in this league, he is inexperienced as an OC, much less a head coach.

Yes, Wayne has taken some wrong roads as an owner, but he is no idiot.

Jimmy Johnson was everybodys genius champion builder when Wayne hired him in 1996, while you can fault Wayne for talking him into staying when his heart clearly wasn't in it any more after the 1998 season, you can't fault him for that initial hire.

When it came to Wannstedt, Wayne trusted the man (Johnson)he felt knew much more than he did about Wannstedt's abilities, Jimmy was wrong.

Everyone in football thought Nick Saban was one of the greatest coaches in the world, so how can you fault Wayne for that?

So here we are now, Wayne for the first time is doing a complete coaching search, he undoubtedly has learned from his mistakes of hiring the big name with a reputation without looking at all candidates, he appears to finally be installing in the Dolphins the traditional GM/coach relationship which should greatly improve this teams personnel in the long term.

He even has "your" favorite coach as one of his finalists for the job and set for a second interview, and you feel the need to call him an idiot?

From my view, while Wayne has listened to the wrong people sometimes, and made some mistakes, he has always had the best interests of this football team at heart, and appears to be committed to fixing what was wrong with this organization.

djphinfan
01-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I didn't even finish reading your ridiculous thread. I don't mean to insult you but I don't know how else to respond. No one, especially not you or me for that matter, know that Brian Schotty is the right choice for this job. We each have our favorites and that's it. The guy is 33 years old coming off his FIRST stint as an OC. How has he turned into the second coming of Christ on this forum? Some of you guys are nut jobs. I don't even want to hire the guy anymore for his sake. I didn't mind before but you guys are idolizing him so quickly that if the guy does get hired and does anything short of parting a sea or turning water into gatorade you'll all actually crucify the man JC style. Everybody needs to take a serious chill pill with the whole Schotty JR bit. You're building the man up to be something no man can become- some divine creation, much like most of you did with NIck Saban. Did you learn nothing from the last couple of weeks? Blaaaah... I feel sick. I blame you.i agree with ju

late again
01-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Dude, you lose credibility immediately when you start your thread with "Wayne H. is a rich idiot", and you lose even more when you justify it with you doubt he will make the "right" choice" and choose your favorite coach.

Not to mention that you say he made the choices of Dan Marino and Don Shula, which both happened before he owned the team, so you obviously no very little about the Dolphins history.

I realize you are smitten with Brian Shottenheimer, and who knows? He may get the gig. But realize, he is a very inexperienced coach in this league, he is inexperienced as an OC, much less a head coach.

Jimmy Johnson was everybodys genius champion builder when Wayne hired him in 1996, while you can fault Wayne for talking him into staying when his heart clearly wasn't in it any more after the 1998 season, you can't fault him for that initial hire.

When it came to Wannstedt, Wayne trusted the man (Johnson)he felt knew much more than he did about Wannstedt's abilities, Jimmy was wrong.

Everyone in football thought Nick Saban was one of the greatest coaches in the world, so how can you fault Wayne for that?

So here we are now, Wayne for the first time is doing a complete coaching search, he undoubtedly has learned from his mistakes of hiring the big name with a reputation without looking at all candidates, he appears to finally be installing in the Dolphins the traditional GM/coach relationship which should greatly improve this teams personnel in the long term.

He even has "your" favorite coach as one of his finalists for the job and set for a second interview, and you feel the need to call him an idiot?

From my view, while Wayne has listened to the wrong people sometimes, and made some mistakes, he has always had the best interests of this football team at heart, and appears to be committed to fixing what was wrong with this organization.

Great post. The one thing that you didn't mention (and I see you're local so I'm sure you'll also remember) in reference to the JJ hire was how Shula was pushed out. I can remember the endless articles in the papers calling for Shula to retire so we could get JJ back in Miami. Both fans and media alike were constantly playing that tune. It was pretty much the same song with Marino as well.

Cuban Dave 9
01-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Better to be a rich idiot than a poor one.

phin lockeroom
01-15-2007, 06:00 PM

IF dan wasn't ready to retire he would have went to the vikings. They offered him a contract and to start for them. He was going on to his 18 season, he was beat up. There was many times that season that he almost got replaced by Damon Huard. He wasn't the same player he once was.

mattgilm
01-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Another great response. Shotty doesn't deserve a HC job IMO. My bet is the original poster had a sig that said Saban is God or in SAaban we trust.

Not so George Bush.:sidelol::shakeno::sidelol:

mattgilm
01-16-2007, 12:24 AM

You should read more before you call people out, I stated that I forgot about Wayne coming after Dan and Don. Sorry mister I think I know everything.

phin lockeroom
01-16-2007, 08:26 PM
You should read more before you call people out, I stated that I forgot about Wayne coming after Dan and Don. Sorry mister I think I know everything.
you are a idiot you don't know what your talking about.. go play madden