PDA

View Full Version : World of WarCraft: Burning Crusades -- The Official Launch Thread

mor911
01-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Well... I went to gamestop like a true geek last night and bought WoW:BC. So far I've created a Bloodelf Warlock on server Baelgun. I'm actually suprised that the newb area isn't overly crowded (yet). Anyone else pick it up?

Phin-o-rama
01-16-2007, 10:02 AM
you think you're a nerd? i bought the collectors edition (lol) ...it is on schedule to ship via UPS today...

fear my ingame pet (netherwhelp)

mor911
01-16-2007, 10:35 AM
you think you're a nerd? i bought the collectors edition (lol) ...it is on schedule to ship via UPS today...

fear my ingame pet (netherwhelp)f the collector's edition were there, I'd have probably bought it.

Phin-o-rama
01-16-2007, 10:36 AM
nerd power!!!

/highfive

mor911
01-16-2007, 10:39 AM
nerd power!!!

/highfive:hi5:

Wish i could have stayed home from work and played BC all day long.

UltraDol-Fan
01-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Baelgun I think is a brand new server, maybe why no one is on it yet. I actually just got a free transfer for all my characters to there last week.
Character names there are Boov (29 undead warlock) and Viva (14 undead priest)

mor911
01-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Baelgun I think is a brand new server, maybe why no one is on it yet. I actually just got a free transfer for all my characters to there last week.
Character names there are Boov (29 undead warlock) and Viva (14 undead priest)it is a new server :D I did the free server move too. All of my friends on Garona moved to Baelgun.

UltraDol-Fan
01-16-2007, 10:48 AM
nice, all my friends from Blackhand moved.
What's your character names, I'll add you

mor911
01-16-2007, 11:00 AM
nice, all my friends from Blackhand moved.
What's your character names, I'll add you
Themor - 30 Druid (Tauren)
Razaguul - 37 Priest (Undead)
Nagrom - 3 Warlock (Bloodelf)

I'll probably start Nagrom over as a hunter though.

DeathStar
01-16-2007, 11:28 AM
**** THE HORDE.

im going to go check out the stores today to see if i can obtain a copy. i forgot to reserve it. idiot me.

mor911
01-16-2007, 11:32 AM
**** THE HORDE.

im going to go check out the stores today to see if i can obtain a copy. i forgot to reserve it. idiot me.:sidelol:

Poor alliance... i pitty you fools

Phin-o-rama
01-16-2007, 11:57 AM
dude...make a hunter

you will love that class....so much fun and great at pvp

Uncle Rico II
01-16-2007, 08:37 PM
FOR THE HORDE!

...how can I get my grubby orc paws on a collectors edition??? some old ^$*$(%@( took the last 2 copies 5 minutes before I got to the store. I'm sure one if not both are on ebay for triple the price by now.

FinsNCanes
01-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Can I ask why you nerds want the collector edition?

zachequalsgod
01-17-2007, 01:49 AM
I seen a bunch of people standing outside of best buy like 30 minutes before it opened, was wondering why... Now I know:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

DeathStar
01-17-2007, 12:12 PM
best episode of southpark ever.

Cuban Dave 9
01-17-2007, 01:48 PM
What is this game...do you get to kick some *** in this game? (Prepared to hear the Newb chants)

FinsNCanes
01-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I love the mentality of WoW players..

"Hey, let's wait in a line then once we get our game we can do the same exact thing all over again except on our computers. Not only that we can grind for another couple months for uber gear"

Go to gamespot and see the video to the right about the hundreds of kids in line HOURS before the store even opens to get a copy.

I would of loved to run up and snatch a copy and charge some of those kids 3x the price. You know they would of bought it back.

FinsNCanes
01-17-2007, 02:14 PM
What is this game...do you get to kick some *** in this game? (Prepared to hear the Newb chants)

You kill monsters, run around, run around some more, kill more monsters, farm honor points by not playing in the Battlegrounds (PvP area), then you run around some more, kill some more monsters, now that the expansion is out you get to do the same thing all over again, then once you get to level 70 you get to play a broken PvP system again..but this time you can earn weapons from it.

I'd say if you have 40+ hours a week to devote go try it out ;)

It's really not a bad game it just get's boring quick.

Phin-o-rama
01-17-2007, 02:56 PM
^^ hater

give the game a try

Cuban Dave 9
01-17-2007, 03:46 PM
You kill monsters, run around, run around some more, kill more monsters, farm honor points by not playing in the Battlegrounds (PvP area), then you run around some more, kill some more monsters, now that the expansion is out you get to do the same thing all over again, then once you get to level 70 you get to play a broken PvP system again..but this time you can earn weapons from it.

I'd say if you have 40+ hours a week to devote go try it out ;)

It's really not a bad game it just get's boring quick.
Man all that sounds like Chinese to me

FinsNCanes
01-17-2007, 06:20 PM
^^ hater

give the game a try

nOOb..

I said it's a good game but get's old quickly. You really can't disagree on any of my points ;p

I was gonna buy a new computer just to play it with a real life buddy but realized I would get bored within 4 months..as did my friend.

WoW got lots of things right but at the same time didn't do anything different.

The game runs very smoothly, graphics are good but cartoonish, quest system..although it's the same as just grinding but I guess it's something different.

Things they did wrong were a broken PvP system, repetetive content, 4+ hour raids, gear dependant game. I guess the expansion is supposed to cut down on the long *** raids but who knows. The main gripe with the game is it's so gear driven and relies on no skill what so ever.

FinsNCanes
01-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Man all that sounds like Chinese to me

Which part? PvP = Player vs Player (fighting other players and not NPC)

If you've never played an MMO I'd say try it. If you like being part of a guild (I personally think the community is horrible..lots of kids) but you can find mature guilds that are 18+.

www.ageofconan.com (http://www.ageofconan.com) ftw

This games "end game" is PvP and not "grinding" which is killing monsters over and over again for the "Flaming Sword Of Azeroth" that add +6 to agility. You can siege (blow up other peoples battlekeeps) and build your own PLAYER city with a guild. Oh well..enough promotion ;p

mor911
01-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Without trying to turn this into a stupid contest over who can say "WoW's good" or "WoW sucks" the most, I have to point out that with 8 million subscribers, WoW is by far the most successful MMO ever. Nothing even comes close. So i thinks they did more things right than wrong. WoW also has many players who's been playing for years. So what's old in 4 months for you doesn't seem to be the popular consensus.

AND... You said that you can't argue any of your points.... I just did :hi5:

Dolfan984
01-17-2007, 06:47 PM
I currently have a 4 man group I play with my step bro/girlfriend/best friend. Warrior Mage Druid Shaman combo and we rock helllllsa hard.

Can't wait to get to BC levels.

FinsNCanes
01-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Without trying to turn this into a stupid contest over who can say "WoW's good" or "WoW sucks" the most, I have to point out that with 8 million subscribers, WoW is by far the most successful MMO ever. Nothing even comes close. So i thinks they did more things right than wrong. WoW also has many players who's been playing for years. So what's old in 4 months for you doesn't seem to be the popular consensus.

AND... You said that you can't argue any of your points.... I just did :hi5:

WoW is easy. It's the easiest MMO ever made when it comes to doing things like the layout, questing (literally tells you where to and how to do it). When there are 10 year olds playing MMO then you know it doesn't take much thinking or reaction to play. If you define subscribers as success then WoW takes the cake. I define success by innovation. I guess I'm just dried out on the same old grind MMO do and that's why I'm looking forward to AoC. I'll probably try Warhammer though cause they focus on RvR and Mythic did that well with DAOC. I would probably play WoW if it was more focued on PvP then grinding/questing/raiding and uber gear. It's also a full time job in order to really do any of that stuff.

I'm actually a little tempted still to try it cause I miss MMO in general. I'd only be making one char anyway and by the time I level up, get decent gear and have a good time with it AoC will be out.

TVs Soupy Sales
01-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I just can't do WoW anymore. The lack of endgame content ruined the experience for me.

spydertl79
01-17-2007, 09:04 PM
I had to move my char from cenarius to blades edge, waiting on it to take effect now.

DonShula84
01-18-2007, 03:37 AM
How is the expansion? I'm pretty sure I'm not going back after taking a couple months off but still curious. Getting General on my hunter and raiding just burnt me out lol. Should have known they'd make getting pvp gear easier once I got burnt out on the pvp grind.

Rafiki
01-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Good expansion so far. Too many damn quests, and that's good.

Phin-o-rama
01-18-2007, 02:32 PM
not too mention blues/greens from the quests and first instance are as good as tier 1

so far I love it

Phinz420
01-18-2007, 05:55 PM

Most of those are in China :lol:

Can you say farmers?

Dol-Fan Dupree
01-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Most of those are in China :lol:

Can you say farmers?

there is no way the farmers would make money if there were 4.1 million of them.

or were you making a joke?

Phinz420
01-18-2007, 06:34 PM
there is no way the farmers would make money if there were 4.1 million of them.

or were you making a joke?

Of coarse I dont mean there are 4.1M farmers. But they are the vast majority of Chinese subscribers. Don't forget many farmers control more than one character/account. There are a ton of servers for them to be spread out across as well.

Rafiki
01-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Of coarse I dont mean there are 4.1M farmers. But they are the vast majority of Chinese subscribers. Don't forget many farmers control more than one character/account. There are a ton of servers for them to be spread out across as well.

Ni Hao. Xie xie. 88!

Phinz420
01-19-2007, 04:01 AM
Ni Hao. Xie xie. 88!

Domo Irigato

Phin-o-rama
01-19-2007, 10:20 AM
am i a bad person if i dont leave the house this weekend? (maybe for beer/chicken wings)

mor911
01-19-2007, 10:21 AM
am i a bad person if i dont leave the house this weekend? (maybe for beer/chicken wings)You might be a bad person, but you're a great Hunter

Phin-o-rama
01-19-2007, 10:41 AM
and thats all that really counts....AMIRITE?!?!?!? :lol:

me = :desk:

Phinz420
01-19-2007, 10:55 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/01/onyxiawipe-1.jpg

DeathStar
01-23-2007, 03:31 PM
2.4 million copies sold on the first day...includes north america and the european union countries, doesn't include asia.

impressive.

Joe Flipper
01-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I have a 15 bloodelf pally
60 undead cleric
60 troll rogue
25 undead warlock