PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS question for Patriot "fans" - SERIOUSLY!!

DolfanTom
01-16-2007, 10:51 AM
OK Patsie fans, I really have a serious question to ask you here. Seriously, no BS!!

Think back to the day the Patsies hired BB. I want honest feedback here, not revisionist history. What did you all think of him at the time? We're you excited in the least, or did you think it was a big mistake - a big hiring of an NFL re-tread.

I remember thinking he was the douchebag who phucked up in Cleveland, but was a great coordinator. Didn't have what it took to be a great HC. Well, obviously that was wrong.

But you Patsie fans - what did you think?

I only ask for some perspective as we get set to hire either Gailey or Mora, Jr. I'm fine w/ either, but there are fans here who are acting like it's a choice between death by hanging and death by firing squad.

Some perspective please ... then, we can go back to hating each other!!!

SterlingSilver
01-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I thought that we needed to do something different, so I supported the decision.

I also remember thinking that the Pats were doomed.

Funny stuff. Now the best coach in history.

Go Pats!

PhinzN703
01-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Good thread man, and great question. Something like this makes us all think of how things in the past pave our future. I've seen a lot of people dooming and glooming our franchise if Mora or Gailey get hired.

What happens if we win under them? What would they say then?

DolfanTom
01-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Good thread man, and great question. Something like this makes us all think of how things in the past pave our future. I've seen a lot of people dooming and glooming our franchise if Mora or Gailey get hired.

What happens if we win under them? What would they say then?That's just it! I think our defense staying in tact (and getting better likely w/ FA and the draft), we'll be competitive no matter what.

And Mora or Gailey (especially Gailey) could get this offense at least respectible. IF things fell into place, we could make a playoff run next season. Our defense alone could make that happen.

Everybody wants the next big thing to be the head coach. The next big thing (JJ/Saban) has failed us so far so let's go w/ something more concrete this time. Heck, JJ and Saban made Wannstache look like a good coach in comparison!! Seriously - I long for '00-'01!

finsrclowns
01-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Gayly seems like a natural fit, does he not? At least you'd be confident he could relate to the players.:lol:

like2god
01-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Gayly seems like a natural fit, does he not? At least you'd be confident he could relate to the players.:lol:

http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/archive/Drums/Drums-pending/Rimshot/60026

BleedinGreenNC
01-16-2007, 01:07 PM
?

finsrclowns
01-16-2007, 01:26 PM
I've seen a lot of people dooming and glooming our franchise if Mora or Gailey get hired.

Not me. I'd be pretty darn optimistic in either case.:lol:

DolfanTom
01-16-2007, 02:09 PM
I think the only thing you're optomistic about is your "coach Dick."

Mike13
01-16-2007, 02:50 PM
What happens if we win under them? What would they say then?

I'd be happy as hell. I'm not a fan of Gailey, I wouldn't mind Mora, its not this fault that Vick is a piece of ****.

FinaciousOne
01-16-2007, 08:09 PM
When you finish getting the Pats input Tom, why don't you do a similar thread for the serious Bills fans (like finsr(nt)clowns) and ask them how they honestly felt when their team hired the coach that led them to their glorious Super Bowl victories.........oh.....nevermind.

BleedinGreenNC
01-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Damn, that was brutal, was a fact, but brutal!

PatriotDynasty
01-16-2007, 09:55 PM
I figured he couldn't be any worse than Pete Carroll

DolfanTom
01-16-2007, 10:23 PM
I figured he couldn't be any worse than Pete Carroll
Great, Gailey or Mora won't be any worse than Saban then :wink:

FinaciousOne
01-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Damn, that was brutal, was a fact, but brutal!

Don't worry about Finsr.:wink:
He can take it like he gives it. (sexual pun intended)
After all, he's got the protection of a thick skin, with latex prosthetics, covered with clown makeup.

Phinz420
01-17-2007, 12:02 AM
I thought that we needed to do something different, so I supported the decision.

I also remember thinking that the Pats were doomed.

Funny stuff. Now the best coach in history.

Go Pats!

Uhhhhhhh

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/highlights/archives/lombardi.jpg

But BB is definitely up there for sure.

PatriotReign
01-17-2007, 01:26 AM
You have to remember that he was hired after Pete the Poodle Carrol was canned (Thank God). I was somewhat leery but overall encouraged because he was a big part of the Parcells coaching tree that previously lead the Pats and had SB rings with the Giants.

B-lo
01-17-2007, 08:43 AM
The thing that would worry me about Mora is the fact he just seems (average) . Not that Jauron isn't but. Also , he said , in the middle of a playoff race with the team he was coaching that he would be "very" interested in another job? That would kinda worry me. But either guy will be fine. The only reason BB is a fukin Saint is Mo Lewis Killin Deadslow and letting Brady out!:cooldude:

DolfanTom
01-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Uhhhhhhh

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/highlights/archives/lombardi.jpg

But BB is definitely up there for sure.Yeah, right now, Lombardi gets it, simply because he was Italian, and so am I :lol:.

I'd like to see what BB does over the next 5-7 years before crowning him just yet. But - as much as it pains me to say it - OUCH - he appears to have that extra special something that puts his teams in position to win each week (except when he plays the Dolphins and Brady is running scared from JT :wink:)

DolfanTom
01-17-2007, 10:14 AM
You have to remember that he was hired after Pete the Poodle Carrol was canned (Thank God). I was somewhat leery but overall encouraged because he was a big part of the Parcells coaching tree that previously lead the Pats and had SB rings with the Giants.But after what happened in Cleveland, did you really think he had a shot at being a good coach? He was God aweful there. I remember going there to see the Dolphins play and people downright HATED him!!

Amazing turnaround!

DolfanTom
01-17-2007, 10:16 AM
The thing that would worry me about Mora is the fact he just seems (average) . Not that Jauron isn't but. Also , he said , in the middle of a playoff race with the team he was coaching that he would be "very" interested in another job? That would kinda worry me. But either guy will be fine. The only reason BB is a fukin Saint is Mo Lewis Killin Deadslow and letting Brady out!:cooldude:
BB will always be linked to Brady and vice versa no doubt. You wonder what would have happened had Drew stayed healthy. He may have pulled him at some point in '01, but certainly not after two games. Or if someone else had drafted Brady and he was still a b/u somewhere right now. BB might still be successful, but I think it's safe to say he'd have three less SB titles right now if Brady wasn't around!

Cuban Dave 9
01-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Why all the serious talk in this part of the forum?

DolfanTom
01-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Why all the serious talk in this part of the forum?
Only because I wanted the depths perspective on this. It's like a small market group here in the depths. I respect their opinions (well, most of them anyways) so sometimes I pose "serious" questions.

retired opfinistic
01-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Only because I wanted the depths perspective on this. It's like a small market group here in the depths. I respect their opinions (well, most of them anyways) so sometimes I pose "serious" questions.
Great thread, Tom. I figured BB would be another retread that would coach for 2-4 years and wash out a loser. :shakeno: Yeah. And I thought Saban was the answer in Miami. :shakeno: I also thought Pepper would be great! :shakeno:

Can I use your avy when you're done with it????:lol:

DolfanTom
01-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Can I use your avy when you're done with it????:lol:If everyone here were honest, I think we ALL could use my avy!! :sidelol:

Someone on the main board said it was his new mantra after watching this past season!

finsrclowns
01-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Great thread, Tom. I figured BB would be another retread that would coach for 2-4 years and wash out a loser. :shakeno: Yeah. And I thought Saban was the answer in Miami. :shakeno: I also thought Pepper would be great! :shakeno:

Can I use your avy when you're done with it????:lol:

:sidelol:

finsrclowns
01-17-2007, 11:36 AM
But after what happened in Cleveland, did you really think he had a shot at being a good coach? He was God aweful there. I remember going there to see the Dolphins play and people downright HATED him!!

Amazing turnaround!

People hated him in Cleveland for 4 reasons (in no particular order)

* he benched hometown favorite Bernie Kosar for Vinny Testaverde
* he drafted poorly
* he dealt VERY poorly with the press
* he tried to micomanage the team and did not connect emotionally with the players

He learned from his experience there and did better in all areas in NE. It's hard to argue his program, which is basically Bill Parcells program, works. He's got the QB yes but he's also got a top talent evaluator in Pioli this time around which has also made a huge difference. His teams in Cleveland were simply not very talented. Having said all that it doesn't mean you have to like the guy. I don't.

DolfanTom
01-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Having said all that it doesn't mean you have to like the guy. I don't.

BB = Rat Bastard :wink:

B-lo
01-17-2007, 11:55 AM

Can I use your avy when you're done with it????:lol:No way man, It must be retired to the depths untill the next Bills game!:lol:

DolfanTom
01-17-2007, 12:32 PM
No way man, It must be retired to the depths untill the next Bills game!:lol:Well I would say you'll be wearing it, but I'm sure I'll come up w/ something worse when we smack you down next season :wink:

B-lo
01-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Well I would say you'll be wearing it,
but I'm sure I'll come up w/ something worse when we smack you down next season :wink: You can add this very reply to your most famous lie thread.:cooldude:

DolfanTom
01-17-2007, 01:12 PM
You can add this very reply to your most famous lie thread.:cooldude:I don't care if I have to wait till the 2050 season, you'll be wearing it B-lo!!!!!

B-lo
01-17-2007, 01:14 PM
I don't care if I have to wait till the 2050 season, you'll be wearing it B-lo!!!!!:sidelol: It shouldn't take that long!!!!:wink:

Cuban Dave 9
01-17-2007, 01:19 PM
People hated him in Cleveland for 4 reasons (in no particular order)

* he drafted poorly
* he dealt VERY poorly with the press
* he tried to micomanage the team and did not connect emotionally with the players

He learned from his experience there and did better in all areas in NE. It's hard to argue his program, which is basically Bill Parcells program, works. He's got the QB yes but he's also got a top talent evaluator in Pioli this time around which has also made a huge difference. His teams in Cleveland were simply not very talented. Having said all that it doesn't mean you have to like the guy. I don't.
Whoa! UM flashback

retired opfinistic
01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
No way man, It must be retired to the depths untill the next Bills game!:lol:
:tantrum:

Mike13
01-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Whoa! UM flashback

Coincidence? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

DolfanTom
01-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Yep, and the first game that Testy started .... was against my Dolphins in 1993. I was there in Cleveland - was the game Danny Boy ruptured his achilles and launched the Scott Mitchell "error."

PhinzN703
01-18-2007, 11:53 AM

Ah bite me :lol:

finsrclowns
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Ah bite me :lol:

You mean like Jack Bauer did to the terrorist in the last episode of 24?:eek: