PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have MVP Baseball? Is it worth $50.00?

Prime Time
06-07-2003, 08:56 PM
I am thinking about buying this game tommorow but I do not know if it is worth 50.00 . Can someone who has this game or has rented or played it tell me your opinion on the game and if you think I should get it. Thanks :)

Pagan
06-07-2003, 10:18 PM
I bought it a few weeks ago. One word.....awesome.

Prime Time
06-07-2003, 10:39 PM
Awesome! You got it for PS2, or XBOX? If PS2 how many blocks does a dynasty/franchise take up. It's awesome huh? Can you give me some things that make it awesome.

Pagan
06-08-2003, 09:09 AM
I got it for PS2...I'd have to check on the amount of blocks it takes up.

As for what makes it awesome, how about a runner on first and a slow grounder up the middle...2d baseman fields it and backhand flips it to the shortstop covering the bag, who then leaps over the sliding runner to throw to first?

EVERY batter stance and EVERY pitching motion is correctly represented. Collision detection is spot-on. The pitcher/batter interface is better than any I've seen, including "Hot & Cold" zones for each batter.

Graphics are astounding except for the crowds in the stands, but who cares? The franchise mode is excellent...you are coach AND GM. Even if you create a player to add to your team during the season, you have to negotiate contracts.

It's the little details that make it awesome. For instance, if you slide head-first into a base, the dirt stays on the player's uniform for the rest of the game, He doesn't come to bat next inning and have a magically cleaned shirt. Little things like that are all over the game.