PDA

View Full Version : 360 Disc Read Problem

UCFinfan86
01-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Does anyone ever get this???

I have 4 games: COD2, NBA 2k7, Fight Night Round 3, and Now Rainbow 6.

Everytime i play NBA 2k7 i will get a disc read error after about 15 minutes, then if i take it out and put it back in it works fine. COD 2 and FN play perfectly.

I just bought Rainbow 6 and after about 30 minutes i got the error. I have to go to class now so im not able to test it again however. I returned NBA 2k7 and got a new one and it still happens. I am starting to think its my 360 because all of the games aren't scratched except COD2(which has only minor scratches, yet i've never had a problem with it).

Luckily i bought the warranty from microsoft, but i know if i ever send it in i will be waiting about a month or so to get a new one. But its really frustrating in the middle of a mission/game to have it freeze. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem/had this problem and fixed it or lived with it?

Mike13
01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
I have had problems like that, occasionally a game will freeze.

MiaBalla99
01-18-2007, 01:32 PM
My XBOX started doing this before it died on me and then the three red lights would show up everythime i turned on the system. I sent it out to repair and got it back in about 2 weeks.

UltraDol-Fan
01-18-2007, 02:27 PM
I don't think they send you the same unit you send in. They just wait until they receive yours and then ship out one that has already been refurbished.

UCFinfan86
01-18-2007, 02:28 PM
My XBOX started doing this before it died on me and then the three red lights would show up everythime i turned on the system. I sent it out to repair and got it back in about 2 weeks.

Well this started the very first time i played. How long did it take yours to start doing it?/

Dolfan5000
01-18-2007, 03:03 PM
IT'S ALL BECAUSE THE 360 BLOWS DICK!

No, it's just that the disc reader actually just gets dirty after a while. I don't know how long you've had your 360 but if the warranty has passed then open it up and use an keyboard cleaner air jet thing or a VERY soft cloft and clean it up. Put it back together and tada. Works everytime, I had issues with my PS2 and Playstation and know of my friend that had similar issues with his Xbox.

Phin-o-rama
01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
all warranties were extended

UCFinfan86
01-18-2007, 04:06 PM
IT'S ALL BECAUSE THE 360 BLOWS DICK!

No, it's just that the disc reader actually just gets dirty after a while. I don't know how long you've had your 360 but if the warranty has passed then open it up and use an keyboard cleaner air jet thing or a VERY soft cloft and clean it up. Put it back together and tada. Works everytime, I had issues with my PS2 and Playstation and know of my friend that had similar issues with his Xbox.

I got it for Christmas, but it doesn't do it with everygame, thats why its hard to believe its dirty, b/c if that was the problem i would think it would do that with everygame.

Also i jsut played Rainbow six for an hour and had no problem, So it might have been a one time thing for Rainbow 6, however NBA still does it everytime.

Im hopign i can stick it out til Summer, when i have a fulltime job i won't be playing it as much and can send it away.

UCFinfan86
01-18-2007, 04:07 PM
all warranties were extended

Well i bought the 2 year warranty from microsoft at the beginning of december 06, so i have the warranty for awhile, its the fact that if i send it away, i am stuck with nothing for who knows how long.

UltraDol-Fan
01-18-2007, 04:27 PM
My Rainbow Six does occasionally freeze as well, and everyone I know who has it says theirs does too. I'm pretty sure it is just a game issue.

Dolfan5000
01-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I got it for Christmas, but it doesn't do it with everygame, thats why its hard to believe its dirty, b/c if that was the problem i would think it would do that with everygame.

Also i jsut played Rainbow six for an hour and had no problem, So it might have been a one time thing for Rainbow 6, however NBA still does it everytime.

Im hopign i can stick it out til Summer, when i have a fulltime job i won't be playing it as much and can send it away.
Send that game back then.

TheMageGandalf
01-18-2007, 06:05 PM
No, it's just that the disc reader actually just gets dirty after a while. I don't know how long you've had your 360 but if the warranty has passed then open it up and use an keyboard cleaner air jet thing or a VERY soft cloft and clean it up. Put it back together and tada.

You mean the lense?

Dude, there's a CD lense cleaner CD I have that I am sure you can get it at like Circuit City or Best Buy, whatever, that does it without having to break open anything.

EDIT: The CD has these little tiny soft bristles on it that do the job as it spins around.