PDA

View Full Version : who will become our DC when Capers bolts town?

EAZY 0
01-19-2007, 02:01 PM
i fear our defense will be our downfall

Dolfan1000
01-19-2007, 02:03 PM
I highly doubt he bolts town. Wayne wouldn't announce the contract, then hire a head coach who Capers would not work with. Its going to be a Denver Broncos-esque coaching arrangement. Mike Shanahan has absolutely zero input on the defensive side of the ball.

allport30
01-19-2007, 02:05 PM
I highly doubt he bolts town. Wayne wouldn't announce the contract, then hire a head coach who Capers would not work with. Its going to be a Denver Broncos-esque coaching arrangement. Mike Shanahan has absolutely zero input on the defensive side of the ball.
who says he is bolting....:rolleyes2

EAZY 0
01-19-2007, 02:05 PM

he did when he didnt sign the contract.

no way capers stays here after he gets passed up for a coordinator with no experience

Coral Reefer
01-19-2007, 02:06 PM

Same reaction here.

Billk78
01-19-2007, 02:06 PM
:shakeno:

Vertical Limit
01-19-2007, 02:07 PM
It was reported he signed a 3 year 8.1 million dollar contract a week ago, making him the highest paid defensive coordinator/assistant HC in the league.

You're mad late.

Ryan1973
01-19-2007, 02:09 PM
he did when he didnt sign the contract.

no way capers stays here after he gets passed up for a coordinator with no experience

Where else would he go and get paid the kind of money he is going to get paid with Miami? Its not like he will get another head coaching job anytime soon.

Dolfan1000
01-19-2007, 02:10 PM
No, the offer is on the table but he was waiting to see who was named HC before signing it. But I think we're likely reading too much into it, he probably wanted to make sure we didnt hire a defensive guy like Tomlin who runs a completely different scheme than his own. He will stay because he will have total control of the D, running our 4th ranked D is a pretty good way to improve your resume for future HC jobs, and finally, because there really are no better jobs out there right now. He is not in consideration for HC of the Steelers or the Raiders, and I think the only DC spot available is the Giants'.

01-19-2007, 02:11 PM
It was reported he signed a 3 year 8.1 million dollar contract a week ago, making him the highest paid defensive coordinator/assistant HC in the league.

You're mad late.

It was then reported he didn't sign yet. Gotta keep up with the drama.

WISfinfan13
01-19-2007, 02:11 PM

You're mad late.

He didnt officially sign the contract yet...but i believe that was just in case we hired a defensive guy who didnt want Dom on his staff...I believe that as soon as we sign our coach dom will be right behind him...why wouldnt he want to be the highest paid assistant head coach in the league???

CitizenSnips
01-19-2007, 02:12 PM

You're mad late.
He didn't actually sign it i dont think.

I dont see him leaving though.

miamitd13
01-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Depending on how much they value Capers, and with the sizeable contract offer they made him, you gotta believe they think real highly of him. I'd be almost willing to bet that they consulted with him or will consult with him prior to making an offer to a coach to ensure he'll stick around. I'd think Gailey would be a no brainer as those two have worked together in the past.

EAZY 0
01-19-2007, 02:16 PM
capers is a man of convictions. no way he works under CAM CAMERON

BLITZKRIEG
01-19-2007, 02:16 PM
:sleep:

Wake me up when you post something worth reading......

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Predaphin
01-19-2007, 02:17 PM
i fear our defense will be our downfall

Why would Capers Bolt out of Town?

By the way, Cameron is Bolting from San Diego.....get it? Bolting....LoL

:couch:

Coral Reefer
01-19-2007, 02:20 PM

:rolleyes2

If he would'nt consider working under anyone else he never would've considered the offer to stay as DC.

We'll see how much you know about Caper's "convictions".

He's in a good position and there's no reason at all for him to leave unless a HC gig comes a calling.

CitizenSnips
01-19-2007, 02:20 PM
He'd be the Highest paid assistant in the league. And right now, thats the only job hes gonna get, and at this point in his career, he may never see this kind of money ever again. You think hes gonna walk away from it, over his PRIDE? get real.

Coral Reefer
01-19-2007, 02:22 PM
:lol:

Already moved to the Depths.

Thats a step up for you EAZY O, at least it wasn't moved to SPAM.

Kinzua
01-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Once again H.Wayne does things azz-backwards .... this time hiring a coordinator before a head coach. :confused: I know that H. Wayne hasn't had a lot of experience with successful teams, but somebody want to tell your owner that successful teams get their FO in line first (ie, GM)? Then they let the GM hire the HC who then hires his assistants. Now, maybe some assistants are held over because they have contracts, but they aren't offered new contracts before the HC coach is hired! Sheesh! :lol:

Once again H. Wayne proves he's got more money than brains! :sidelol:

Coral Reefer
01-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Once again H.Wayne does things azz-backwards .... this time hiring a coordinator before a head coach. :confused: I know that H. Wayne hasn't had a lot of experience with successful teams, but somebody want to tell your owner that successful teams get their FO in line first (ie, GM)? Then they let the GM hire the HC who then hires his assistants. Now, maybe some assistants are held over because they have contracts, but they aren't offered new contracts before the HC coach is hired! Sheesh! :lol:

Once again H. Wayne proves he's got more money than brains! :sidelol:

Geez some of you are thick as a concrete wall.

We have a GM and as mentioned by all 3 of those in charge of the Phins, Wayne H., Bryan W. and Joe B., Mueller was and is part of the coaching choice process.

Talking right out of your fat hairy Bison arse.

Alex44
01-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Why does everyone assume Capers wants to be a head coach?

He hasnt been a very successful one, but has been one of the top 3 defensive minds in the game, chances are he didnt sign because he wanted to know who the head coach would be first, if he was dead set on being head coach he never would have worked out a contract to stay here 3 more years as Defensive Coordinator regardless of whether he has signed it yet or not.

Kinzua
01-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Geez some of you are thick as a concrete wall.

We have a GM and as mentioned by all 3 of those in charge of the Phins, Wayne H., Bryan W. and Joe B., Mueller was and is part of the coaching choice process.

Talking right out of your fat hairy Bison arse.

You have a GM who played second fiddle to the Nickanator.

The GM's status in regard to the new HC hadn't been clarified by your owner who has personally chased all over the Western Hemisphere in his jet "interviewing" HC prospects.

Said owner offered a fat extension to the current DC before hiring a HC.

This is a bizarre way for a NFL team to go about hiring a head coach. You ought to take off those rose-colored glasses and stop drinking so much orange kool-aid!

FinaciousOne
01-20-2007, 02:08 PM
This is a bizarre way for a NFL team to go about hiring a head coach. You ought to take off those rose-colored glasses and stop drinking so much orange kool-aid!

Compared to the process the Bills used to land Dick Dick????
Your memory suffers from Levy-Wilson Syndrome. (It's a form of dementia where the mind fades but the body keeps walking around trying to act relevant).

muscle979
01-20-2007, 02:11 PM
You have a GM who played second fiddle to the Nickanator.

The GM's status in regard to the new HC hadn't been clarified by your owner who has personally chased all over the Western Hemisphere in his jet "interviewing" HC prospects.

Said owner offered a fat extension to the current DC before hiring a HC.

One doesn't climb to the top of the business world like Huizenga did by being stupid.

What's bizarre about doing what it takes to retain one of the best DC's in the league? Huizenga was smart enough to realize that the way he had it set up with Saban was a mistake.

muscle979
01-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Compared to the process the Bills used to land Dick Dick????
Your memory suffers from Levy-Wilson Syndrome. (It's a form of dementia where the mind fades but the body keeps walking around trying to act relevant).

Exactly, I guess Wayne should have went through a college alumni list to find the coach or GM. That's the way "normal" teams do it :rolleyes: .