PDA

View Full Version : My Florida Marlins Franchise (MVP Baseball)

Prime Time
06-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Starting Lineup
1. Juan Pierre
2. Luis Castillo
3. Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez
4. Mike Lowell
5. Derek Lee
6. Cliff Floyd (Via Trade from NYM)
7. Alex Gonzalez
8. Juan Encarnacion
9. Pitcher (DH - Hollansworth)

Pitching Rotation
AJ Burnett
Brad Penny
Dontrelle Willis
Josh Beckett
Mark Redman

Bobby Humphrey
06-09-2003, 10:37 AM
try to talk tony fernandez from his fishing boat and u got a championship team. goerge bell wouldn't hurt either, but he will need some super thick glasses.

Prime Time
06-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Game 1
Florida Marlins-2
Philadelphia Phillies-0

Marlins played a good game defensively and pitched a pretty good game. Both runs came in the 4th when Cliff Floyd put a good hit to left field.
MVP
Cliff Floyd

Game 2
Florida Marlins-3
Philadelphia Phillies-1

The game was tied for pretty much the whole time. It went until 12 innings in this late night game when Cliff Floyd struck a two score home run for the win.
MVP
Cliff Floyd

Game 3
Florida Marlins-1
Philadelphia Phillies-2

The Phillies beat the Marlins today when bad pitching was the problem. Almanza gave up a home run late in the 7th and the Marlins could not come back,
MVP
Alex Gonzalez

Up Next Atlanta....

Marlins (2-1)
HR Leader-Cliff Floyd (2)

Fresh
06-09-2003, 10:12 PM
If it ain't EA.. It ain't in the game!

Prime Time
06-12-2003, 05:42 PM
So far my set up for the Franchise has been bad and that is because I have played more games so I cannot see player stats on that particular game, so does anyone have any tips on how to do because I do not want to type up 162 game summaries....thanks for your help.

Game 1
Marlins-4
Braves-5
11 Innings

Game 2
Marlins-4
Braves-1

Game 3
Marlins-2
Braves-4

Game 4
Marlins-1
Braves-2

Atlanta almost sweeps the Marlins as they won 3 out of in the series and are now atop the NL East. Marlins on the other hand are second to last only above the Expos. The Marlins will play Mike Piazza and his Mets in the upcoming series. Hopefully Mike Lowell can get going because he is batting under .100

Some Stats from season
Juan Encarnacion .400 - RBI (1)
Juan Pierre .333 - RBI (2)
Pudge Rodriguez .250 - HR (2) RBI (3)

Pitching
A.J. Burnett (1-0) ERA 0.59
Brad Penny (0-1) ERA 1.72
Mike Redmen (1-0) ERA 1.80
Tim Spooneybarger (1-1) ERA 3.85

Up Next...!
The young Dontrelle Willis will take on Mike Piazza and his Mets!

Prime Time
06-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Marlins-3
Mets-0

In his first game of his Pro Career, Dontrelle Willis played a tough Mets team, but little did he know he would win on 2 final strikeouts (the first two of his career) and get his first shut out of his career as well.

Some stats
Mike Lowell 2-3 RBI (1)
Cliff Floyd 3-3
Luis Castillo 2-4 (Both hits he ended up on 3rd base)

Dontrelle Willis
Innings Pitched - 9
Hits - 6
Strikeouts - 2
Era 0.00

Prime Time
06-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Since Dontrell Willis' win over the Mets the Marlins have gone on a 2-4 record. And A.J. Burnett is out for 43 days with a torn left shoulder in which he had pitched 6 Ks and was the Marlins best pitcher at the time. The Marlins look to rebound after a tough 7-6 loss in Philly in which they almost came back by scoring back to back homers by Lowell and Floyd.

The Marlins stand at a miserable 6-8 and are ranked 4th in the division.

Prime Time
06-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Marlins are on a huge drought as they have lost 8-10 and are on a 6 game losing streak. To make matters worse Luis Castillo has been listed on the disable list next to AJ Burnett (out for 38 days) and will be out 12 more days. The Marlins need to get something goin g against Padro Astacio of the Mets but their 0-2 Pitcher Josh Beckett is starting and if his record stands for how he is playing then you know Marlins may continue their losing ways.

Prime Time
06-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Florida Marlins-4
New York Mets-2

Derrek Lee 1-3 HR,2 RBIs
Mike Lowell 2-4

Vladimir Nunez IP 5, 2 Ks, (1-0 record)

Prime Time
06-12-2003, 05:46 PM
After the 4-2 win in NY the Marlins started out hot in the next game. Lowell hit a nice deep ball and it looked like it was going to be a home run until the CF went up on the wall and stole it. That ruined the momentum the Marlins had going and the Mets ended up scoring 3 runs. The game was 3-0 for the whole game EXCEPT in the 9th....Marlins started out with the top of the order. Pierre made a double off a badly thrown pitch. Then Hollandsworth came up to bat and got an out but Pierre tagged up to third. Pudge came on and got out as well. Pierre was stranded on third when Lowell got a single just over the 1st Baseman's head bring Pierre in for the 3-1. Lee came out and hit a good deep ball for the HR 3-3 the score. Then out came Floyd with a good hit for a double. Alex Gonzalez then stepped up to the plate and hit one into right field bringing Floyd in for the 4-3 lead. Encarnacion would hit next but would get out. Tim Spooneybarger came in to finish the game AND he did as the Marlins won 4-3. 2 Wins in a row for the Marlins now! :lol: :goof:

Prime Time
06-12-2003, 05:48 PM
ESPN Article

Inconsistant Pitching A Problem For Marlins
by: John Sickels

The Florida Marlins are maybe the most inconsistent team in baseball right now. They look like a playoff team one game and the next game look like the Bengals of Baseball. Why is this? Because of pitching. A.J. Burnett their best pitcher skill and stat wise is injured and that is hurting the team. The unproven Dontrelle Willis has a split-personality type thing going, he looks like Dr. Jekyl one game and like Mr. Hide the next. Ramon Ortiz is having the same problem (although he is striking people out every game). Redman is probably the best pitcher right now in the rotation but even he is not all that great, because he does make mistakes. And as for Brad Penny....The Miami Herald is reporting that Miami is looking to swap pitchers with another team and negotiations will start after Penny's next game (depending on outcome). The solution to this will be when A.J. Burnett comes back from injury because the top 5 pitchers will be in the rotation leaving the worst one to be a reliever or trade bait for another position (possible Juan Pierre who has hit a slump). When Burnett indeed acomes back later in May I believe the rotation will look as follows...
1. AJ Burnett
2. Ramon Ortiz
3. Dontrelle Willis
4. A pitcher who will be traded for... ???
5. Mike Redman

I think Josh Beckett and Brad Penny's days in Miami (do not want to say Florida because Tampa is interested) are numbered and that they may be delt out in the next week or so.

Prime Time
06-12-2003, 05:49 PM
The past two games have changed the way the NL East looks...the standings go as follows...

Phillies 15-14
Marlins 15-15
Expos 14-14
Braves 14-14
Mets 13-15

This is such a tight division and 2 games can just switch everything around all over again. Mets were in third with Atlanta in second .5 behind Phillies Marlins and Expos were 2nd to last and last. Now since the last two games everything has switched up and around. Phillies could even get 2nd to last in the division by losing the next game...thats how weird this is. It is a tight division and let the best team win!

Fresh
06-14-2003, 01:31 AM
:sleep:

Prime Time
06-14-2003, 10:16 PM
What's your problem moron?

Prime Time
06-14-2003, 11:18 PM
Injury Report/Rumor Mill

1.Juan Pierre pulled a hamstring and will be out 2 days.
2.Manager Jeff Torborg may be fired and replaced with a HS coach named Jack McKeon.
3. Oakland has show some real good interest in Penny.
4. Noone seems interested in Beckett.
5. Carlos Pavano has been impressing as of late and will probably start playing in more games.
6. Dontrelle Willis got into a fight at practice with Josh Beckett

Just something to pass along.

Prime Time
06-14-2003, 11:18 PM
Trade Update!!

Today( 5-4-03), The Florida Marlins traded Starting Pitcher Josh Beckett and Catcher Mike Redmond to Tampa Bay for Starting Pitcher Joe Kennedy and Catcher Toby Hall.

Press conference will be held later.

Prime Time
06-14-2003, 11:19 PM
ESPN.com

Marlins get Catcher Back

Today The Florida Marlins traded Justin Wayne for Catcher Mike Redmon from Tampa Bay who was just traded to them 2 days earlier so in reality the trade was

Justin Wayne, Josh Beckett for Joe Kennedy and Toby Hall (C)....looks like Florida's Front Office pulled of a huge deal or deals if you may. This is a reason why Tampa is a bad team...bad decision making. Cheers to Florida on the deal though.

Prime Time
06-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Press Conference with Joe Kennedy...present by Sunshine Network (Channel in Florida)

Jeff Torborg: Welcome everyone, as I you know today we acquired a great pitcher who will be in our starting lineup...everyone please welcome Joe Kennedy.

Kennedy: Hello Miami. I feel so happy to be a part of this organization. It is a great organization and the team is looking hot right now. I want to continue the trend and keep winning games with this team. All I have to say is that I love being here...and that South Beach rules. (Laughter) I will take your questions.

Reporter #1: Welcome Joe....how do you feel about not having to move that far?

Joe: It feels great, now I do not have to buy another house and relocate my wife, and my son and daughter. I do not think I could have gone to a better place.

Reporter #2: Who have you liked from watching ESPN highlights on this team?

Kennedy: The whole team is great, but I have loved Pudge Rodriguez...me and him are not buddies, but we will be. I have always admired how he plays. He knows how to hit the ball. Alex Gonzalez and me are friends, and I was sad when he was on his season-start slump...but he quickly got over it. Me and Mike Lowell also know each other.

Reporter #3: WHo do you think is the best Pitcher on this team?

Kennedy: I am going to say AJ Burnett. Very unfortunate that he hurt his shoulder just as he was getting hot but it happens. I look forward to talking to him in the upcoming weeks.

Reporter #1: What were you thinking when your manager said we have traded you to Florida.

Kennedy: I was sad. I was sad because I was not going to get a chance to say bye to my fellow teammates who I established a strong relationship with. But we play them later this year so I will say my goodbyes then. When I got off the plane and was in MIA (Miami INternational Airport) I realized that this a new team, a new start and a new chapter in my life. I felt appreciated because some team wanted me bad enough to trade for me.

Reporter #4: What do you wish to accomplish here in South Florida?

Kennedy: Winning a championship ASAP...but I cannot take any further questions. I will talk to you all real soon. Take care and thanks for having me here.

::Kennedy and Torborg leave room::

Prime Time
06-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Florida Marlins 19-15 (1st in NL East)

CF #9 Juan Pierre .270, 6 RBI,6 2B,2 3B

2B #1 Luis Castillo .333,6 RBI,2 2B,2 3B

C #7 Ivan Rodriguez .273,6 HR,19 RBI,7 2B,3 3B

3B #19 Mike Lowell .207,3 HR,10 RBI,10 2B

1B #25 Derrek Lee .244,4 HR,8 RBI,11 2B

LF #30 Cliff Floyd .304,6 HR,14 RBI,20 2B,1 3B

SS #11 Alex Gonzalez .355,10 RBI,6 2B

RF #43 Juan Encarnacion .314 3 HR,16 RBI,11 2B, 3 3B

Prime Time
06-14-2003, 11:21 PM
INJURY UPDATE

SS Alex Gonzalez has sprained his ankle and will be out 7 days....Todd Hollandsworth will take his duties.

Prime Time
06-14-2003, 11:22 PM
The Marlins stand at a 23-16 and have a 3.0 lead over Atlanta in the NL East. Marlins are heading over to San Diego to play the Padres.

Prime Time
06-14-2003, 11:23 PM
GAME UPDATE! Game 2 @ Padres

After winning the first game Vs the Padres the Marlins took them on in the second game and took a commanding 4-0 lead in the first inning scoring a HR with Cliff Floyd and a couple of RBIs. The Marlins then ended up scoring one 1 run after that in each of the following innings..5,6,7. The Marlins won the game 7-0 and Russ Ortiz got the win.

Russ Ortiz (W, 4-3) 1 K, 8 IP

Juan Pierre 2-5
Luis Castillo 2-4
Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez 0-3, 1 RBI
Mike Lowell 3-4, 1 RBI
Derrek Lee 2-4, 2 RBIs
Cliff Floyd 2-4, 2 RBIs
Todd Hollandsworth, 0-4
Juan Encarnacion 2-4, 1 RBI

Following are doubles,triples, HRs if a guy had multiples it will be next to his name and under parenthesis is how many he has on the year.

2B: Juan Pierre (7), Mike Lowell 2 (12),Cliff Floyd (25)
3B: Luis Castillo (3)
HR: Mike Lowell (4), Cliff Floyd (7), Juan Encarnacion (4)
RBI: Ivan Rodriguez (22), Mike Lowell (12), Derrek Lee 2 (12),
Cliff Floyd 2 (20),Juan Encarnacion (20)

Florida Marlins 25-16 (Streak-Won 5), 1st Place in NL East, 4.0 Lead over the Braves and Expos