PDA

View Full Version : Who will take the AFC East next year.

BleedinGreenNC
01-22-2007, 01:02 PM
I want to see how you guys think the AFC East will pan out for next year, be realistic.

like2god
01-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I think all of the teams have a shot at the playoffs next year. Both the Jets and the Bills really surprised me this year and hopefully they can keep it up, not against us though. :)

The Pats will still be the team to beat, their loss does nothing to change that.

And I still feel that the Phins are a playoff caliber team. They had a few injuries and there were a ton of dropped balls and the OL had a hard time blocking a slight breeze. I like the fact that Cameron is the coach and Mueller will be a GM again. He has a pretty good record of finding great talent in the draft and I hope it continues. If the Phins can pick up Dielman and acquire another quality olineman (either in the draft or FA) I think they can give Pep enough time for the plays to develop and open some holes for Ronnie/Ricky. That was one of the biggest problems last year IMO.

DolfanTom
01-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I want to see how you guys think the AFC East will pan out for next year, be realistic.I have no idea actually. But I expect it will be as tough as it ever has been for the inter-division games. I think the winner would be happy to be 10-6. Nobody is running away w/ it! Here's how I would break it down:

Patriots: Will be the team to beat until they are beaten. That said, they have a brutal schedule and must contend w/ three improved teams next year - two of which already embarrassed them this past year. Out-of-division schedule is as tough as anyone's. Could be the year they totally come back to earth. That said, they have Brady and BB and somehow they continue to turn crap into Gold so we'll see.

Jets: Must now deliver on big expectations. Last year, there were none. This year, you'll hear "deep into the playoffs or SB" hype. Mangini is God, etc. Similar to what the Dolphins had pre-season. Will not only need a healthy Penny again - but an improved one. Frankly, will be tough to match '06 results IMO, but not impossible. Will need to settle RB position to ultimately be successful. Wildcard could be Kellon Clemons if he wins the job.

Bills: IMO, could have the most upside for '07. I say COULD! Bills played great down the stretch and Losman appears not to be a total loser. In fact, he and Lee Evans have something good going that is hard to stop a la Manning-Harrison. Depending on how FA treats Bills, this could be the best team in the division next year. Absolutely need to learn how to beat the Patriots, though. Much will depend - of course - on whether Losman hits a plateau or gets better. If he gets better, this would be my pick for the division.

Dolphins: Know this - we will play everyone tough and competitively. Our teams will be prepared. That said, everything - IMO - comes down to the QB position. I think our running game will be more than solid, but it will be all for nothing if we don't sort out the QB issue. I can't even begin to predict who will start next season, but whoever it is, that person's success will determine our fate. Unless Mueller sends us into total rebuilding mode (which is a possibility), our D will be tough again. If the D is a given, then our QB will mean the difference between 6 and 10 wins. I think we're the toughest team to get a handle on for '07, especially right now. There are more questions than answers for us than any of the other three. Also, must learn how to beat the freaking Jets.

Bottom line - the division winner will be the one who can most often win those close games. Example - the Jets beat us by three twice!! If they both went the other way, we're both 8-8. Games like those will determine everything!!!

DolfanTom
01-22-2007, 01:29 PM
I think all of the teams have a shot at the playoffs next year. Both the Jets and the Bills really surprised me this year and hopefully they can keep it up, not against us though. :)

The Pats will still be the team to beat, their loss does nothing to change that.

And I still feel that the Phins are a playoff caliber team. They had a few injuries and there were a ton of dropped balls and the OL had a hard time blocking a slight breeze. I like the fact that Cameron is the coach and Mueller will be a GM again. He has a pretty good record of finding great talent in the draft and I hope it continues. If the Phins can pick up Dielman and acquire another quality olineman (either in the draft or FA) I think they can give Pep enough time for the plays to develop and open some holes for Ronnie/Ricky. That was one of the biggest problems last year IMO.Not sure if it will happen, but I think the best case scenario for us would be for Pepper to rebound and play well. While Lemon might be interesting, or perhaps - a rooke? - Pepper clearly has the most short-term upside.

BleedinGreenNC
01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Very well put!

Type-O
01-22-2007, 02:02 PM
very fair answers. For the Jets,i always hate going into a season where so much is expected. (99,03,05)ugh. But i also think this team is coached much better than it has been since parcells. I still think we take it. I think the Bills are a team much on the rise,Dolphins have no where to go but up and the Pats still have to be dethoned in the east.

retired opfinistic
01-22-2007, 02:11 PM
It's anybody's division next year, of course the Patsies have the edge right now and the Fins are a serious underdog. It will be an interesting off-season in Miami.

muscle979
01-22-2007, 02:37 PM
The Pats will be projected first and the Fins last but this division could go anyway next season. It should be interesting to watch. Mangini has a ton of pressure to perform again. The bills will also now want a winning season out of Jauron.

DolfanTom
01-22-2007, 03:05 PM
If only this were true of the Patriots since '01 :(.

But you have to admit this about the past two seasons. Once is an accident, twice is a trend ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/070122

BleedinGreenNC
01-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Fins take the division!!:goof:

retired opfinistic
01-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Fins take the division!!:goof:
f*cking homer!

DolfanTom
01-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Fins take the division!!
Jumping ship are we? :lol::wink:

BleedinGreenNC
01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
f*cking homer!

I would fit right in here!

BleedinGreenNC
01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Jumping ship are we? :lol::wink:

I like teal!

DolfanTom
01-22-2007, 04:32 PM
I like teal!
That just sounds Gay. Not that the Dolphins uniforms look that way, even though they have some teal ... but saying "I like teal" just sounds like something Tom Brady would say while out shoe shopping w/ Gisele.

retired opfinistic
01-22-2007, 04:37 PM
I like teabagging!:lol: Oh no you didn't!

Mike13
01-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Tough question, the Jets are on the rise, and the Bills have made some improvement. WE still have work to do, we made 3 good moves Cameron as HC and, Capers as DC and Mueller is a real GM once again.

I'll wait and see how the offseason goes before making any predictions, but this could be a very tough division.

BleedinGreenNC
01-22-2007, 05:12 PM
:lol: Oh no you didn't!

Hey, this isnt football-junkies, no editing the post above!:lol:

BleedinGreenNC
01-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Tough question, the Jets are on the rise, and the Bills have made some improvement. WE still have work to do, we made 3 good moves Cameron as HC and, Capers as DC and Mueller is a real GM once again.

I'll wait and see how the offseason goes before making any predictions, but this could be a very tough division.

i think that our division had the most wins this year.

retired opfinistic
01-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey, this isnt football-junkies, no editing the post above!:lol:
that one begged for it!

BleedinGreenNC
01-22-2007, 05:40 PM
I like tea-bagging fins fans, although im not into putting fingers in peoples holes, like our friend L2G

like2god
01-22-2007, 05:45 PM
I like tea-bagging fins fans,
:eek:

As long as you're GLAAD, that's all that matters. :lol:

although im not into putting fingers in peoples holes, like our friend L2G
Which would explain your teabagging fetish. :lol:

retired opfinistic
01-22-2007, 05:48 PM
I like tea-bagging fins fans, although im not into putting fingers in peoples holes, like our friend L2G
Now you know why your sister walks funny!

BleedinGreenNC
01-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Now you know why your sister walks funny!

I dont have a sister!:hmmm:

Colorado Dolfan
01-22-2007, 06:28 PM
I dont have a sister!:hmmm:

D'oh... That was your brother?!? :eek:

like2, you've got some 'splaining to do... :lol:

Bills Own You!
01-22-2007, 06:52 PM
I want to see how you guys think the AFC East will pan out for next year, be realistic.

Here are my 'realistic' predictions for the AFC East in 2007, not going to make record predictions yet until after the draft/free agency but here's my early take:

1.) Buffalo - young team proved they can play with anybody in 2006 against the leagues toughest schedule (Bears, Colts, Pats x 2, Jets x 2, Chargers, Ravens - 7 of 9 losses against these teams). However we still have some very serious holes to fill, especially if Clements, Fletcher, etc are gone. Jauron proved he's a legit NFL head coach in year one with Buffalo.

2.) Pats - always going to a force and in the playoff mix with Brady and Belichik, will be interesting to see how they respond to their first AFC Championship loss, regardless they aren't going to roll over and die but they will not win the division in 2007.

3.) Jets - Mangini a one year wonder or the real deal, 2007 will answer this but they will be facing a much difficult schedule in 2007 and expect them to be a 7-9 type of team. Quite possibly the worst 10-6 team i've ever seen this past season.

4.) Dolphins - The Savior Saban fallout will no doubt take at least a year to recover from. Is Cam Cameron a good choice, or is his success the bi-product of the greatest running back ever? I think the latter is more realistic....with no QB, aging defense, and a collection of mediorce talent on offense expect a 4-12 type of season. :evil:

Shula Come Back!
01-22-2007, 07:00 PM
I hate to say it, but the Pats will probably win it again. As long as Bill is the coach and Brady the QB, all the other pieces just snap together like legos. They lose somebody good, they draft a suitable replacement and they always have good backups. Damn Pats!!!

Phinz420
01-22-2007, 07:16 PM
4.) Dolphins - The Savior Saban fallout will no doubt take at least a year to recover from. Is Cam Cameron a good choice, or is his success the bi-product of the greatest running back ever? I think the latter is more realistic....with no QB, aging defense, and a collection of mediorce talent on offense expect a 4-12 type of season. :evil:

- It didn't take the Jets long to bounce back with their new coaching regime.
- Cam is going to have plenty of RB talent in Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.
- We didn't have a great QB the last time we made the Playoffs, and Tampa did not have one when they won the Super Bowl(look at the Bears this year). Culpepper will not be out there all battered this season, he is either ready to play or he is not. Saban trying to "save face" over his decision to pick up DC really ****ed us.
- We hear about our "aging defense" every year. Seriously, it is every year. Only this year we ended up with the DPOY and the #3 overall Defense in the NFL. So there you have that theory...
- "Our collection of mediocre talent" is quite funny coming from a team with JP Losman and Lee Evans as the 2 biggest threats...I would take either Ricky or Ronnie Over the ragged McGayKnee.

I wont predict us the winners of the AFC East next year, but I will predict that it will not be Buffalo.

Type-O
01-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Here are my 'realistic' predictions for the AFC East in 2007, not going to make record predictions yet until after the draft/free agency but here's my early take:

1.) Buffalo - young team proved they can play with anybody in 2006 against the leagues toughest schedule (Bears, Colts, Pats x 2, Jets x 2, Chargers, Ravens - 7 of 9 losses against these teams). However we still have some very serious holes to fill, especially if Clements, Fletcher, etc are gone. Jauron proved he's a legit NFL head coach in year one with Buffalo.

2.) Pats - always going to a force and in the playoff mix with Brady and Belichik, will be interesting to see how they respond to their first AFC Championship loss, regardless they aren't going to roll over and die but they will not win the division in 2007.

3.) Jets - Mangini a one year wonder or the real deal, 2007 will answer this but they will be facing a much difficult schedule in 2007 and expect them to be a 7-9 type of team. Quite possibly the worst 10-6 team i've ever seen this past season.

Jets 7-9? While i understand what you are saying about it being a test for Mangini,the Jets were only getting around 50 yards per game on the ground this year. If they are healthy,and i'm sure the running game will be much improved,i'd look for much better than that from us.

Capt. Dick
01-22-2007, 07:59 PM
4.) Dolphins - expect a 4-12 type of season. :evil:Care to make a little wager?

INPHINITY
01-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Be realistic??? Its probably 50/50 so you either look like an *** or you shine...pointless.

DolfanTom
01-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Here are my 'realistic' predictions ...

:rolleyes2
Fuktard!

Mike13
01-22-2007, 11:44 PM
I won't put any stock into what that ****tard says until he has something worth saying.

i think that our division had the most wins this year

I thought that was the AFCW.

muscle979
01-23-2007, 01:11 AM
I won't put any stock into what that ****tard says until he has something worth saying.

I thought that was the AFCW.

The east had more b/c the raiders only won 2 games. It was 35 to 34 I believe. We just edged them.

nyjunc
01-23-2007, 08:42 AM
It's way too early but you have to favor NE until they are knocked off, if we have a good offseason and have good health again I love our chances but we'll see.

adamprez2003
01-23-2007, 08:50 AM
I think every team has a chance next year to win it at this stage. Have to see how free agency and the draft impact rosters before it makes sense predicting. So as of now I'll say Miami since I'm sure we'll draft six pro bowlers this draft:evil:

B-lo
01-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Like almost everyone else I think any of the teams could win it. The patsy's are going to be good no matter who leaves and who is brought in, (for some fukin reason). The Jets will get a better running game and a few recievers for Chad. And that O-line is going to great SOON! There defense will pick up some players and the Jets have as good as chance as anyone. IMO The Dolphins are going to do what most of you want, draft well, release o few elder guys and become young , fast and hungry again. o-line, maybe a reciever, and youth on defense will be the areas addressed. The Q.b. position will be the difference whether you win now or in a year or 2. IMO. The Bills need to get the c.b. position tightened up, maybe a linebacker, a BIG physical reciever and some more help on the d-line. If they don't make the playoffs the season is a failure. IMO Last year we wanted to gain experience and get Losman better. We did that, now it's time for expectations to land in Buffalo. Losman will be the key. Also Willis will be moved , I just don't think he's a "Marv" kinda guy, well see. :cooldude:

DolfanTom
01-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Like almost everyone else I think any of the teams could win it. The patsy's are going to be good no matter who leaves and who is brought in, (for some fukin reason). The Jets will get a better running game and a few recievers for Chad. And that O-line is going to great SOON! There defense will pick up some players and the Jets have as good as chance as anyone. IMO The Dolphins are going to do what most of you want, draft well, release o few elder guys and become young , fast and hungry again. o-line, maybe a reciever, and youth on defense will be the areas addressed. The Q.b. position will be the difference whether you win now or in a year or 2. IMO. The Bills need to get the c.b. position tightened up, maybe a linebacker, a BIG physical reciever and some more help on the d-line. If they don't make the playoffs the season is a failure. IMO Last year we wanted to gain experience and get Losman better. We did that, now it's time for expectations to land in Buffalo. Losman will be the key. Also Willis will be moved , I just don't think he's a "Marv" kinda guy, well see. :cooldude:If you move Willis, who will tote the rock? I didn't realize he was falling out of favor in Buffalo?:confused:

muscle979
01-23-2007, 10:59 AM
If you move Willis, who will tote the rock? I didn't realize he was falling out of favor in Buffalo?:confused:

I think he actually mentioned something about moving the team to a different city once. The guy's got a big mouth and it seems like he sticks his foot in it a lot. Not to mention his constant paternity suits.

DolfanTom
01-23-2007, 11:01 AM
I think he actually mentioned something about moving the team to a different city once. The guy's got a big mouth and it seems like he sticks his foot in it a lot. Not to mention his constant paternity suits.
Oh yeah, forgot about the Shawn Kemp-ing of Willis!!

BleedinGreenNC
01-23-2007, 11:12 AM

Homer post!

BleedinGreenNC
01-23-2007, 11:14 AM
D'oh... That was your brother?!? :eek:

like2, you've got some 'splaining to do... :lol:

LOL!! I would like to hear what he has to say!:sidelol:

Mike13
01-23-2007, 01:02 PM
If you move Willis, who will tote the rock? I didn't realize he was falling out of favor in Buffalo?:confused:

Marv will carry the ball.

B-lo
01-23-2007, 03:56 PM
If you move Willis, who will tote the rock? I didn't realize he was falling out of favor in Buffalo?:confused:That's a good question. IMO I think Marv will let him go.. He really doesn't want to be in Buffalo and the key is he doesn't seem to give full effort all the time. He doesnt know it's 4th down? I don't think Marv will put up w/ that. Remember this is my opinion, and am probably completely wrong but well see? A-train is good but he's no Willis. Shaud Williams is small and SUKS!! So , I have no idea who will tote the rock. I just don't think it will Be Willis, he's not a character guy and that's what Marv looks for. I think at times Willis is AWESOME< but other times he seems not to care and be very lazy and not give full effort.. I feel like marv does if you don't want to be here, and your not going to give 100% ALL the time, SEE YA!! No matter how talented you are. I just went on a rant and gave you NO answer to your question.:lol:

DolfanTom
01-23-2007, 04:02 PM
That's a good question. IMO I think Marv will let him go.. He really doesn't want to be in Buffalo and the key is he doesn't seem to give full effort all the time. He doesnt know it's 4th down? I don't think Marv will put up w/ that. Remember this is my opinion, and am probably completely wrong but well see? A-train is good but he's no Willis. Shaud Williams is small and SUKS!! So , I have no idea who will tote the rock. I just don't think it will Be Willis, he's not a character guy and that's what Marv looks for. I think at times Willis is AWESOME< but other times he seems not to care and be very lazy and not give full effort.. I feel like marv does if you don't want to be here, and your not going to give 100% ALL the time, SEE YA!! No matter how talented you are. I just went on a rant and gave you NO answer to your question.:lol:Well, I know nothing about football, so I was hoping you might know something :sidelol:

wazzy
01-23-2007, 04:15 PM
I will go with NE on this because they prove to have the most successful off0seasons and our most consistant in how they handle there team

Now with that said I see Buffalo on the rise if they manage to
- develope Losman into a better QB
- Find a way to keep Nate Clements
- Find a stronger kicker

The Jets I feel will have similar success of this year if
- Pennington can stay healthy
- Stability at the RB position
- Similar success on the road and they have to win there division games like this year (4-2)

The Dolphins our a big question going into the off-season: new HC, possibly new GM, were unsure if were rebuilding and the QB status is really unknown! With all that said I will hold off on how well I think the Dolphins will do but right now as they stand they our favourite for the basement if Losman can hold up and Pennington stay healthy!

Mike13
01-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Well, I know nothing about football, so I was hoping you might know something :sidelol:

Wel if you have 0 knowledge about football that must mean Blo is in the negative range.

B-lo
01-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, I know nothing about football, so I was hoping you might know something :sidelol:This is true.:lol: But, nor do I, you just have to advertise it!:sidelol:

B-lo
01-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Wel if you have 0 knowledge about football that must mean Blo is in the negative range.If only we knew as much as you huh?:rolleyes2

BuffaloSoldier2
01-24-2007, 03:24 AM
1) The Pats are the champs until proven otherwise. Brady and Belichick are still the best in the business. 2 #1s and you figure they will upgrade their wideout situation (trade up for Calvin Johnson maybe). Their defense is old but they always find a way to make it work.

2) The Buffalo Bills. The Bills lost games to the Colts, Chargers, and Pats by a total of 6 points. They played the hardest schedule in the league. Losman showed that despite what a lot of people thought, 25 year old QBs can develop. Evans is the wr verison of Jesus. :cooldude: The o-line vastly improved after personnel changes. Best special teams in the league again. Big questions are whether or not to sign Fletcher and Clements. Another good draft and a couple of decent FA signings, we may finally be a contender again.

3) Boo Dolphins Boo. For a team with a horrible QB situation, they played respectable. If there was someone decent at the helm, maybe things could have been different. I'm on record that I think Cameron is a fraud and will make a bad coach. But I understand the move. The heart of the team (the defense) is getting really old, so they need to seriously get some help on offense. Big question marks at QB, DBs, and o-line. Should be an interesting offseason. A lot less hype than last year, that's for sure. :wink:

4) Jests. Let me first start by saying, I respect that they made the playoffs. Chadwick is a smart QB who mainly makes good decisions to put his teams in position to win. Mangini has man boobs but did a great job coaching. That said, they are a bunch of frauds. What a horrible group of talentless players that took a playoff spot. I like their draft last year. If they can get some playmakers, they may be decent. But the big decision is what to do with Chadwick. I have a lot of respect for him but you aren't going to a Super Bowl with him.

nyjunc
01-24-2007, 09:06 AM
1) The Pats are the champs until proven otherwise. Brady and Belichick are still the best in the business. 2 #1s and you figure they will upgrade their wideout situation (trade up for Calvin Johnson maybe). Their defense is old but they always find a way to make it work.

2) The Buffalo Bills. The Bills lost games to the Colts, Chargers, and Pats by a total of 6 points. They played the hardest schedule in the league. Losman showed that despite what a lot of people thought, 25 year old QBs can develop. Evans is the wr verison of Jesus. :cooldude: The o-line vastly improved after personnel changes. Best special teams in the league again. Big questions are whether or not to sign Fletcher and Clements. Another good draft and a couple of decent FA signings, we may finally be a contender again.

3) Boo Dolphins Boo. For a team with a horrible QB situation, they played respectable. If there was someone decent at the helm, maybe things could have been different. I'm on record that I think Cameron is a fraud and will make a bad coach. But I understand the move. The heart of the team (the defense) is getting really old, so they need to seriously get some help on offense. Big question marks at QB, DBs, and o-line. Should be an interesting offseason. A lot less hype than last year, that's for sure. :wink:

4) Jests. Let me first start by saying, I respect that they made the playoffs. Chadwick is a smart QB who mainly makes good decisions to put his teams in position to win. Mangini has man boobs but did a great job coaching. That said, they are a bunch of frauds. What a horrible group of talentless players that took a playoff spot. I like their draft last year. If they can get some playmakers, they may be decent. But the big decision is what to do with Chadwick. I have a lot of respect for him but you aren't going to a Super Bowl with him.

The Jets talent is so underrated it's ridiculous, you don't win 10 games w/o talent. Most of that same talent was a kick away from the AFC Title Game 2 years before but we got heavily injured in '05 and we sucked b/c of it.

we have the 2nd best QB in the div, we have the best group of WRs, we have the 2nd best OL that is young and getting better, we have the best LBs, 2nd best secondary, tied for the best STs w/ Buf and the 2nd best CS. We have much more talent than "experts" have given us credit for.

The Bills "hardest sched in the league" was 2 games different than waht the Jets played and the Jets lost one of the 2 diff games so at worst the Jets would have been 9-7 w/ Buf's sched.

muscle979
01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
The Jets talent is so underrated it's ridiculous, you don't win 10 games w/o talent. Most of that same talent was a kick away from the AFC Title Game 2 years before but we got heavily injured in '05 and we sucked b/c of it.

we have the 2nd best QB in the div, we have the best group of WRs, we have the 2nd best OL that is young and getting better, we have the best LBs, 2nd best secondary, tied for the best STs w/ Buf and the 2nd best CS. We have much more talent than "experts" have given us credit for.

The Bills "hardest sched in the league" was 2 games different than waht the Jets played and the Jets lost one of the 2 diff games so at worst the Jets would have been 9-7 w/ Buf's sched.

You had the league rushing champ that season. That's a huge difference.

nyjunc
01-24-2007, 12:06 PM
You had the league rushing champ that season. That's a huge difference.

We also had a healthy Chad all year this year which we didn't have that year and we had a much better pair of WRs.

PHINPHOURLIFE
01-24-2007, 03:50 PM

how can you be realistic, before drafts,etc. based on what I know it would be the Gaytriots

p.s.
Just
End
The
Season
:D :tongue:

Mike13
01-24-2007, 04:33 PM
If only we knew as much as you huh?:rolleyes2

I never said I was a football genius. If I did I would probably be coaching.
Sorry I hurt your feelings pu$$y.

BleedinGreenNC
01-24-2007, 05:57 PM
how can you be realistic, before drafts,etc. based on what I know it would be the Gaytriots

p.s.
Just
End
The
Season
:D :tongue:

YOU!! I thought we were rid of you!!

J/K!!

:evil:

PHINPHOURLIFE
01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
YOU!! I thought we were rid of you!!

J/K!!

:evil:

IM BACK!:D

TO HARASS!!!:lol:

BuffaloSoldier2
01-24-2007, 09:28 PM

As I stated, the Jets making the playoffs was extremely impressive. I truly believe they maxed their talent and they deserve credit for that. But this team reeks of one year wonder. Consider:

1) You stated the Bills had two different games than the Jets. However, you forgot to mention the teams. The Bills played Baltimore (13-3) and San Diego (14-2) while the Jets played the Browns (4-12) and Oakland (2-14). A wee bit of difference don't you think. :wink: Additionally, the Bills played the Titans with Young when they were the hottest team in the league. The Jets palyed them opening day with Collins. That could easily be the difference between a playoff berth.

2) Like I said, Chadwick plays pretty smart football and put his team in decent situations. But Losman beat him in every single important category for a QB. He's numero dos right now. (And aren't a lot of Jets' fans calling for Clemens now?)

3) It's funny how your "2nd best secondary" was ranked last out of every team in the AFC East. Weird. :wink:

4) Finally, I'd just like to compare the Bills and Jets in their head to head games. The Bills outgained the Jets 793 yards to 533. Buffalo outscored them 51 to 41.

All in all, the Jets took advantage of a couple of easy games and did the little things right. You should be proud. But this is hardly an elite team, and I look forward to the Bills smoking them again. :wink:

PatriotReign
01-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Pats, Jets, Bills, Fins...in that order. The Bills could jump to #2 if Losman takes the next step in his development.

B-lo
01-25-2007, 09:12 AM
I never said I was a football genius. If I did I would probably be coaching.
Sorry I hurt your feelings pu$$y. Pu$$y?? Tell mine (your girl) I said Hello. Hurt my feelings??:sidelol: A little punk bytch like you could NEVER hurt my feelings. Being a coach , I know that the first thing a good coach will tell you is that we don't really know sh%t. Because there is so much to know and LEARN and someone ALWAYS knows more. Yes I am a football coach , 6A football for 10 years here in south Fla. I have coached teams that have been ranked as high as 4 in the country by USA today, record of 144 -40 in 10 years at the top level of high school football in the country. Does that mean I'm a genius, or know more than you> ABSOLUTELY not, but please don't insult my football knowledge. That hurts my pride!:boohoo: :lol:

nyjunc
01-25-2007, 09:35 AM
1) You stated the Bills had two different games than the Jets. However, you forgot to mention the teams. The Bills played Baltimore (13-3) and San Diego (14-2) while the Jets played the Browns (4-12) and Oakland (2-14). A wee bit of difference don't you think. Additionally, the Bills played the Titans with Young when they were the hottest team in the league. The Jets palyed them opening day with Collins. That could easily be the difference between a playoff berth.

We went 1-1 in thsoe games, you went 0-2. If we played SD and Bal we couldn't lose more than 1 additional game meaning at worst we would have been 9-7 and still good enough for a postseason berth.

2) Like I said, Chadwick plays pretty smart football and put his team in decent situations. But Losman beat him in every single important category for a QB.

Except wins. Chad is a winner, I don't care about stats and let's not froget Chad was coming of 2 surgeries on his throwing shoulder and playing in a new offense AND did not have awillis mcgahee to hand off to.

3) It's funny how your "2nd best secondary" was ranked last out of every team in the AFC East. Weird.

as far as yards but our D faced mroe pass attempts per game PLUS our secondary didn't have the pass rush that the other 3 teams had. you just can't use pass yds allowed as the ultimate judge. Teams did all their damage against us on the ground this year.

4) Finally, I'd just like to compare the Bills and Jets in their head to head games. The Bills outgained the Jets 793 yards to 533. Buffalo outscored them 51 to 41.

and we split.

All in all, the Jets took advantage of a couple of easy games and did the little things right. You should be proud. But this is hardly an elite team, and I look forward to the Bills smoking them again.

buf beat one playoff team all year- us. We beat one playoff team all year- NE. which was more impressive?

I don't think the Jets and Bills are far apart but we were better this year. How it goes next year I don't know, we'll see what happens in the offseason but Buf has been on this cycle of playing well one year then playing poorly the next. In '02 they had Greg Williams and you went 8-8 setting up high expectations for '03 then you stunk in '03, in '04 you went 9-7 w/ Mularkey setting up high expectations for '05 then you stunk in '05 and now w/ another new HC you have a decent year and have high expectations for next year- can you break this cycle?

BleedinGreenNC
01-25-2007, 10:17 AM
As I stated, the Jets making the playoffs was extremely impressive. I truly believe they maxed their talent and they deserve credit for that. But this team reeks of one year wonder. Consider:

1) You stated the Bills had two different games than the Jets. However, you forgot to mention the teams. The Bills played Baltimore (13-3) and San Diego (14-2) while the Jets played the Browns (4-12) and Oakland (2-14). A wee bit of difference don't you think. :wink: Additionally, the Bills played the Titans with Young when they were the hottest team in the league. The Jets palyed them opening day with Collins. That could easily be the difference between a playoff berth.

2) Like I said, Chadwick plays pretty smart football and put his team in decent situations. But Losman beat him in every single important category for a QB. He's numero dos right now. (And aren't a lot of Jets' fans calling for Clemens now?)

3) It's funny how your "2nd best secondary" was ranked last out of every team in the AFC East. Weird. :wink:

All in all, the Jets took advantage of a couple of easy games and did the little things right. You should be proud. But this is hardly an elite team, and I look forward to the Bills smoking them again. :wink:

Who said the Jet's are an elite team? As far as smoking our team, yeah you outgained us in Yards, yet we split with you.