PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Bam Bam Bigelow

BAMAPHIN 22
01-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Professional wrestling lost one of the best "big men" in it's history this past Friday January 19, 2007, as Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow was found dead at the age of 45 by his girlfriend. The cause of his death is unknown.

See Tribute: http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2007/01/22/rip-bam-bam-bigelow/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogcritics.org%2Farchives%2F2007%2F01%2F21%2F185933.php&frame=true

305TillIDie
01-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Bam Bam was one of my favorites when i use to watch wrestling

R.I.P big fella

dominizzo
01-22-2007, 06:12 PM
woow!! I think its the Roids

pigskinguy
01-22-2007, 07:12 PM
woow!! I think its the Roids

If you think its the roids, I don't think you know who Bam Bam Bigelow was.

Amars
01-22-2007, 07:52 PM
RIP

Im glad I got to see and be into wrestling when it was good in the 80's.

wpgfishfan
01-22-2007, 07:55 PM
2 matches I remember him for

1. The LT match at Wrestlemania. He made a football player look decent

2. Survivor series when he was in the ring with Andre the Giant. I thought Bam Bam was big until he was beside this Giant

MikeO
01-23-2007, 12:36 AM
he was a diabetic <sp> and had problems there.

He was also in a serious motorcycle accident last year that almost killed him. It wasn't roids he had a lot of health issues

bullseyeguy
01-23-2007, 12:37 AM
In 10 years wrestling will be dead, literally...

R.I.P. Bam Bam.

DAFINZ
01-23-2007, 12:41 AM
RIP Bam Bam, a true entertainer :rawk:

FinsNYanksFan13
01-23-2007, 02:12 AM
RIP Bam Bam. Another wrestler gone way to soon!

Den54
01-23-2007, 07:49 AM
He was great in Major Payne.

Motion
01-23-2007, 10:18 AM
R.I.P. Bam Bam :(

Didn't realize he was so young.

What a shame, way to many wrestlers dying too young.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Dude is there anyway to find a list of wrestlers who have died. I'm interested to see who has died and the average age these guys died. They never last long!

MikeO
01-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Dude is there anyway to find a list of wrestlers who have died. I'm interested to see who has died and the average age these guys died. They never last long!

Off the top of my head of guys under 50 from the past 10 years or so.... (and MOST of these are due to Roids). Feel free to add to it cause I know I will forget some.......

Curt Henning
Eddie Guerrero
Rick Rude
Bobby Duncam Jr.
Louie Spicoli (not roids but pills)
Chris Candido (not roids, blood clot)
Elizabeth (pills)
Hawk
Owen Hart (feel 70ft)
Bam Bam (not roids)
Crash Holly (pills)
Dino Bravo
JYD (car accident)
British Bulldog
Hercelus
Earthquake (not roids)
Big Boss Man (not roids)
Johnny Grunge
Pitbull #2
Brian Pillman (pills)
Yokozuna (not roids)
Big Dick Dudley
Eddie Gilbert
The Renegade

Blade
01-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Off the top of my head of guys under 50 from the past 10 years or so.... (and MOST of these are due to Roids). Feel free to add to it cause I know I will forget some.......

Curt Henning
Eddie Guerrero
Rick Rude
Bobby Duncam Jr.
Elizabeth (pills)
Hawk
Owen Hart (feel 70ft)
Bam Bam (not roids)
Crash Holly (pills)
Dino Bravo
JYD (car accident)
British Bulldog
Hercelus
Earthquake (not roids)
Big Boss Man (not roids)
Johnny Grunge
Pitbull #2
Brian Pillman (pills)
Yokozuna (not roids)
Big Dick Dudley
Eddie Gilbert
The Renegade

WOW. I didnt realise that many wrestlers have died. I remember growin up watchin most of the people on that list.

RIP Bam Bam.

bullseyeguy
01-23-2007, 03:34 PM

Curt Henning
Eddie Guerrero
Rick Rude
Bobby Duncam Jr.
Elizabeth (pills)
Hawk
Owen Hart (feel 70ft)
Bam Bam (not roids)
Crash Holly (pills)
Dino Bravo
JYD (car accident)
British Bulldog
Hercelus
Earthquake (not roids)
Big Boss Man (not roids)
Johnny Grunge
Pitbull #2
Brian Pillman (pills)
Yokozuna (not roids)
Big Dick Dudley
Eddie Gilbert
The RenegadeJust looking at this list is crazy, I cant believe some of these guys are dead....

FinsNYanksFan13
01-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Add to that list 5 from the Von Erich family, 4 of which died at 33 of younger!

Motion
01-23-2007, 03:59 PM

Curt Henning
Eddie Guerrero
Rick Rude
Bobby Duncam Jr.
Elizabeth (pills)
Hawk
Owen Hart (feel 70ft)
Bam Bam (not roids)
Crash Holly (pills)
Dino Bravo
JYD (car accident)
British Bulldog
Hercelus
Earthquake (not roids)
Big Boss Man (not roids)
Johnny Grunge
Pitbull #2
Brian Pillman (pills)
Yokozuna (not roids)
Big Dick Dudley
Eddie Gilbert
The Renegade

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many either. I didn't know Crash Holly died.

Ray Finkle
01-23-2007, 06:49 PM

Curt Henning
Eddie Guerrero
Rick Rude
Bobby Duncam Jr.
Elizabeth (pills)
Hawk
Owen Hart (feel 70ft)
Bam Bam (not roids)
Crash Holly (pills)
Dino Bravo
JYD (car accident)
British Bulldog
Hercelus
Earthquake (not roids)
Big Boss Man (not roids)
Johnny Grunge
Pitbull #2
Brian Pillman (pills)
Yokozuna (not roids)
Big Dick Dudley
Eddie Gilbert
The Renegade

Good list, you seem to have everyone here. Just to add to the reason why some of these guys died: Bobby Ducman, Renegade, Texas Tornado- Kerry Von Eric, and Crash Holly all committed suicide. Earthquake died from cancer, Dino Bravo was murdered gang land style in Canada (he was apparently in the Canadain mob or pissed them off), Yoko died from a heart attack because he was so big.

A lot of these guys have died because of heart attacks due to stress on their hearts from pain pills. Guys like Eddie, Pillman, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Hawk etc. That's why the WWE suspended Kurt Angle this summer because everyone backstage basically had a lotto on what day he was going to drop dead. When Angle threw a fit about it and wanted to get back into the ring the WWE fired him because they didn't want a major star dying. Also guys like Benoit were told to take time off to heal. This is also a reason why the WWE stepped up and now has a real drug testing policy.

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised to see that Jake "The Snake" died. He's extremely messed up if anyone has ever seen "Beyond the Mat" it's a good movie.

Prime Time
01-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah ..lots have passed away lately. RIP Bam Bam...

Prime Time
01-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Good list, you seem to have everyone here. Just to add to the reason why some of these guys died: Bobby Ducman, Renegade, Texas Tornado- Kerry Von Eric, and Crash Holly all committed suicide. Earthquake died from cancer, Dino Bravo was murdered gang land style in Canada (he was apparently in the Canadain mob or pissed them off), Yoko died from a heart attack because he was so big.

A lot of these guys have died because of heart attacks due to stress on their hearts from pain pills. Guys like Eddie, Pillman, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Hawk etc. That's why the WWE suspended Kurt Angle this summer because everyone backstage basically had a lotto on what day he was going to drop dead. When Angle threw a fit about it and wanted to get back into the ring the WWE fired him because they didn't want a major star dying. Also guys like Benoit were told to take time off to heal. This is also a reason why the WWE stepped up and now has a real drug testing policy.

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised to see that Jake "The Snake" died. He's extremely messed up if anyone has ever seen "Beyond the Mat" it's a good movie.

I saw it back when I was into wrestling. That man is all kinds of ****ed up.

Den54
01-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Its just a matter of time before Roddy Piper bites it.

WarriorWelker83
01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
the most athletic wrestling big man of all-time, a very unique talent. He will be missed.

Roddy Piper will NEVER die!

and Crash Holly didn't commit suicide, he choked his own vomit after drinking too much from what i heard.

Enforcerfin33
01-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Bam Bam was one of the first big guys that could move really well around the ring. I remember watching him do cartwheels across the ring! Its a shame he passed away so young. Whats even more ashame is the lifestyle wrestlers live that leads them to an early grave. :(

WarriorWelker83
01-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Bam Bam was one of the first big guys that could move really well around the ring. I remember watching him do cartwheels across the ring! Its a shame he passed away so young. Whats even more ashame is the lifestyle wrestlers live that leads them to an early grave. :(

Cartwheels, diving head butts, moonsaults, vaulting body presses over the rope. All from a guy who was 400 pounds for most of his wrestling career.

Den54
01-23-2007, 09:35 PM
the most athletic wrestling big man of all-time, a very unique talent. He will be missed.

and Crash Holly didn't commit suicide, he choked his own vomit after drinking too much from what i heard.

Oh he took the Bon Scott/John Bonham way out.

Ray Finkle
01-23-2007, 09:44 PM

He did die from choking on his own vomit but that was after he took over 90 pills of Carisoprodol (a muscle relaxer).

Ray Finkle
01-23-2007, 09:44 PM

Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deceased_professional_wrestlers

Amars
01-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deceased_professional_wrestlers

This list is depressing for me. I watch alot of these growing up
Big Boss Man
Hurcules
Junk Yard Dog
Ravishing Rick Rood
Mrs. Elizabeth
Sapphire ... I would of thought dusty road would of died first.

Den54
01-23-2007, 11:04 PM
This list is depressing for me. I watch alot of these growing up
Big Boss Man
Hurcules
Junk Yard Dog
Ravishing Rick Rood
Mrs. Elizabeth
Sapphire ... I would of thought dusty road would of died first.

Dusty is the man of the hour
Too sweet to be sour.:D

PrepDogg
01-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Bam Bam was one of if not the best big man in wrestling history. R.I.P.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Dude did any of you guys know that Bret Hart had a stroke not to long ago. Wrestling is a tough, cruel business!

Ray Finkle
01-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Dude did any of you guys know that Bret Hart had a stroke not to long ago. Wrestling is a tough, cruel business!

Although the matches are scripted the wrestlers will take a hell of a lot of punishment on their bodies. They're out there over 250 nights a year and have no off season. It just kills their bodies. And thats why so many of them take pain meds and end up dying early of heart attacks.

Bret Hart's career ended by getting kicked in the head which caused his stroke etc. I wish these guys would get more props for what they do.

MikeO
01-24-2007, 12:37 AM
The kick to Bret's head gave him a severe concussion.

He got the STROKE when he had a bike riding accident.

Ray Finkle
01-24-2007, 12:45 AM
The kick to Bret's head gave him a severe concussion.

He got the STROKE when he had a bike riding accident.

He got into the accident because of the stroke I believe.

EDIT: Nope you're right, his bike went into a pothole and he feel on top of his head which caused the stroke.

The kick to the head ended his wrestling career though.

PrepDogg
01-24-2007, 12:55 AM
Bret made a full recovery though.

King Felix
01-26-2007, 02:34 AM
im to young and dont recognize most of those names on mikeo's list

but crash holly died??? no way

Ray Finkle
03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Just a little information on what caused Bam Bam's death (according to www.411mania.com (http://www.411mania.com)):

The Tampa Tribune reports that the cause of Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow's death was toxic levels of cocaine and the antianxiety drug benzodiazepine in his system as well as arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease, narrowing of small blood vessels that supply blood and oxygen to the heart. The Pasco-Pinellas Medical Examiner's Office has ruled the death as accidental.

CharlestonPhan
03-06-2007, 01:42 AM
in addition to Bam Bam, former wrestler Mike Awesome passed away recently as well. he was 42 years old and left behind two children. sadly, i believe he hung himself. :shakeno:

Awesome was never a "huge" star in the states, and casual wrestling fans would best remember him from his "70's guy" gimmick in the last year of WCW, but the guy was much more. he was very agile for a big guy, and could do alot of high flying stuff that other big guys couldnt.

he was very well respected and had a huge following in Japan, and was an ECW world champion as well.

anyone who ever saw his matches with Masato Tanaka in ECW in the mid 1990's witnessed some incredible stuff. those guys would brutalize each other with chairs like no two others in the business IMHO, night after night. they would literally trade a dozen stiff chair shots to the head every time they wrestled. and they often brought the very jaded (but also very knowledgable) Phillie wrestling fans at ECW arena to their feet for standing ovations.

Enforcerfin33
03-06-2007, 02:20 AM
in addition to Bam Bam, former wrestler Mike Awesome passed away recently as well. he was 42 years old and left behind two children. sadly, i believe he hung himself. :shakeno:

Awesome was never a "huge" star in the states, and casual wrestling fans would best remember him from his "70's guy" gimmick in the last year of WCW, but the guy was much more. he was very agile for a big guy, and could do alot of high flying stuff that other big guys couldnt.

he was very well respected and had a huge following in Japan, and was an ECW world champion as well.

anyone who ever saw his matches with Masato Tanaka in ECW in the mid 1990's witnessed some incredible stuff. those guys would brutalize each other with chairs like no two others in the business IMHO, night after night. they would literally trade a dozen stiff chair shots to the head every time they wrestled. and they often brought the very jaded (but also very knowledgable) Phillie wrestling fans at ECW arena to their feet for standing ovations.
This was already posted bro, it had its own thread.

MikeO
03-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Bad News Brown died today. Age 63. Had chest pains.

He did have major hip surgery about a month ago, so it might be a complication from that.

Samphin
03-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Bad News Brown was 63. Wow. For those who don't know him, he was a VERY alented big man who was capapble well into his 40's.

Also, for the person who was shocked at Mike Lockwood's death (Crash Holly), it was sudden and tragic. He was a friend of mine and I miss him very much. Too young to die, as most of these guys are.

Samphin
03-07-2007, 02:00 AM

Curt Henning
Eddie Guerrero
Rick Rude
Bobby Duncam Jr.
Elizabeth (pills)
Hawk
Owen Hart (feel 70ft)
Bam Bam (not roids)
Crash Holly (pills)
Dino Bravo
JYD (car accident)
British Bulldog
Hercelus
Earthquake (not roids)
Big Boss Man (not roids)
Johnny Grunge
Pitbull #2
Brian Pillman (pills)
Yokozuna (not roids)
Big Dick Dudley
Eddie Gilbert
The Renegade

Don't forget Flyboy Rocco Rock either, he was 49.

It should be pointed out that Dino Bravo was murdered. Shot in the head, gangland style.

Kerry Von Erich (Texas Tornado) is also missing from this list. The guy wrestled with a prosthetic boot and was popped for coke and roids before taking his own life.

There are others but I would rather not think about it right now. It is really way to sad. Gary Albirght died of a heart attack in the ring. Dang...ok I m done.

icephinfan
03-08-2007, 05:41 AM
World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened by the death of Allen Coage (professionally known as Bad News Brown). The former WWE Superstar passed away on Tuesday, March 6 in his hometown of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. He was 63.

:( :( :( :(

The list keeps growing.:(

MikeO
03-08-2007, 10:49 AM
World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened by the death of Allen Coage (professionally known as Bad News Brown). The former WWE Superstar passed away on Tuesday, March 6 in his hometown of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. He was 63.

:( :( :( :(

The list keeps growing.:(

When a 63 year old who had hip surgery dies you can't add that to the list!!!! I'm sorry!!!

dominizzo
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Dino bravo was shot In Montreal

icephinfan
03-08-2007, 03:57 PM
When a 63 year old who had hip surgery dies you can't add that to the list!!!! I'm sorry!!!

You know what I meant.

icephinfan
03-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Hall of Famer Ladd passes away

Written: March 11, 2007

WWE Hall of Famer Ernie Ladd passed away last night, according to TheNewsStar.com of Monroe, La. Ladd, 68, had been battling cancer since 2004.
Professionally known as the “Big Cat,” Ladd was one of the premiere professional wrestlers of the 1960s and 1970s. Long-time fans in the Northeast particularly remember the havoc he wreaked in WWE throughout the ‘70s as one of the biggest names the territory had ever seen. Managed by the Grand Wizard, Ladd was a persistent challenger to WWE Champions Bruno Sammartino, Pedro Morales and Bob Backlund.
Prior to a successful career in sports-entertainment, Ladd earned fame as a dominant football player at both the college and pro level. He was a star lineman for Louisiana’s Grambling State University in the late ‘50s, and was recruited in 1961 by the AFL’s San Diego Chargers. He was a member of the Chargers’ 1963 AFL Championship team, and appeared in four straight AFL All-Star Games from 1962-1965. In addition to the Chargers, he also played for the Houston Oilers and Kansas City Chiefs.

CharlestonPhan
03-12-2007, 05:21 PM
R.I.P, Big Cat Ernie Ladd... :(

dominizzo
03-14-2007, 12:20 AM
anyone have a list of all Pro wrestlers that died

icephinfan
03-14-2007, 02:22 AM
anyone have a list of all Pro wrestlers that died

Here ya go:

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/information/obituaries.html

dominizzo
03-14-2007, 02:30 AM
thnx Ice

icephinfan
03-14-2007, 02:44 AM
thnx Ice

No problem Brotha.:cooldude:

icephinfan
03-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Arnold Skaaland passes away

Written: March 14, 2007

“Golden Boy” Arnold Skaaland a WWE Hall of Famer and a member of the WWE family for over a half-century, passed away Tuesday at the age of 82, with his wife, Betty, by his side.

dominizzo
03-15-2007, 12:43 AM
he lived till 82~!! Good life

MikeO
03-29-2007, 01:16 PM
From Dave Meltzer:: Abe Coleman, a wrestling star from the depression years, passed away today in a nursing home in Queens, NY at the age of 101.

He was believed to be the oldest pro wrestler in the world.

bullseyeguy
03-29-2007, 02:11 PM
From Dave Meltzer:: Abe Coleman, a wrestling star from the depression years, passed away today in a nursing home in Queens, NY at the age of 101.

He was believed to be the oldest pro wrestler in the world.
It never stops, these guys just keep dying too young...

dominizzo
03-29-2007, 04:03 PM
WOOW Wrestlers are young to die