PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 question

Dolfan5000
01-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Ok, I know not much has been said about GTA4 yet but has anyone heard if it will have online functionality? Imagine a GTA with a next-gen scale size city, next-gen graphics, physics and ONLINE capability.

I wouldn't sleep for a few days.

Motion
01-23-2007, 01:57 PM
They haven't released many details at all about it yet. I'm sure there will be a huge unveiling at E3, or whats left of it.

http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4/

Bruzer
01-23-2007, 02:13 PM
I hope its similar to the gta pc mod SA-MP (san andreas multiplayer) you can role play, deathmatch, stunts, races, and more its quite fun actually.

Phin-o-rama
01-23-2007, 02:17 PM
360 will and ps3 won't (so i hear)

Motion
01-23-2007, 02:40 PM

Really? Where did you hear this? I read in OPM that the PS3 version would have exclusive content.

Bruzer
01-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Yea ps3 and xbox where both getting exclusive content. I am pretty sure if either of the system has online the other one will also.

Dolfan5000
01-23-2007, 04:21 PM
They're set to release both on both of the consoles the same day yet one will be online and another wouldn't be?

That just sounds weird.

Motion
01-23-2007, 04:30 PM
They're set to release both on both of the consoles the same day yet one will be online and another wouldn't be?

That just sounds weird.

I seriously doubt thats the case. That doesn't even seem logical. Could be wrong though, who knows.

Phin-o-rama
01-23-2007, 04:52 PM
:jt0323:

Motion
01-23-2007, 04:55 PM
:jt0323:

Still waiting on a link, instigator! :tongue:

Phin-o-rama
01-23-2007, 05:20 PM
www.imadeitup.com/youfanboys

Bruzer
01-23-2007, 05:24 PM
I would have to agree without a link i wont believe that rumor for a second. It just doesn't make any sense.

Anyways I cant wait for info on gta 4 i still play gta sa everyday almost.

Dolfan5000
01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
www.imadeitup.com/youfanboys (http://www.imadeitup.com/youfanboys)
Lol
loser :tongue:

Motion
01-24-2007, 09:10 AM
www.imadeitup.com/youfanboys (http://www.imadeitup.com/youfanboys)

:rolleyes2 How'd I guess...................

:lol:

NoVaDolfan
01-24-2007, 04:38 PM
anyone know a expected release date or at least general timeframe?

Motion
01-24-2007, 04:39 PM
anyone know a expected release date or at least general timeframe?

October 16, 2007

NoVaDolfan
01-29-2007, 04:16 PM
thanks

Fresh
01-29-2007, 06:22 PM

No, both will.. and actually, the PS3 will have more features online because of Rockstar's current agreement. Rumor is, there will be a downloadable extra island online for both systems. From what I've heard, the PS3 will have TWO extra islands online though.

But to the original poster - there isn't any info leaked yet on the location, character, time period, or anything of that nature. There has been talk of a create-a-character situation similar to Saints Row, but that would take away from the character traits of GTA.

E3 is expected to have tons of info though.........

Dors156
01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
this game is going to be awsome online. im so siked for this game to come. and it comes out on my b-day this year

Miami 13
01-29-2007, 09:59 PM
There is next to nothing known about the greatest game to ever be created(GTA IV) yet. I can't wait for ANY information about it. This game will probably ruin my social life though.

Caps
01-29-2007, 10:16 PM
There is next to nothing known about the greatest game to ever be created(GTA IV) yet. I can't wait for ANY information about it. This game will probably ruin my social life though.

Yeah, I remember I shunned my friends and family for like 5 days after SA came out:lol:

Gotta get a handle on that this time around.

Fresh
01-30-2007, 12:01 AM
October 16, 2007 is the day I am dropping out've college.

Hope the Dolphins have a bye on that weekend! :lol:

Motion
01-30-2007, 09:43 AM
No, both will.. and actually, the PS3 will have more features online because of Rockstar's current agreement. Rumor is, there will be a downloadable extra island online for both systems. From what I've heard, the PS3 will have TWO extra islands online though.

But to the original poster - there isn't any info leaked yet on the location, character, time period, or anything of that nature. There has been talk of a create-a-character situation similar to Saints Row, but that would take away from the character traits of GTA.

E3 is expected to have tons of info though.........

Where did you get this info?? There is pretty much 0 details about this game out right now. Where did you hear about the islands? The location of where the game takes place is the biggest secret. Just curious?

Perfect23
01-30-2007, 09:49 AM
I hope it takes place out of country that would be cool

Motion
01-30-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure I'll ever like a location more than Vice City. I just wish they would have expanded on it more. I know they did in Vice City Stories but thats only for PSP and makes me dizzy. :lol:

illscriptures
01-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Where did you get this info?? There is pretty much 0 details about this game out right now. Where did you hear about the islands? The location of where the game takes place is the biggest secret. Just curious?

at www.imadeitup.com/youfanboys (http://www.imadeitup.com/youfanboys), you'd be surpised how many interesting things they have to say about gta IV, Halo 3, and Resident Evil: Rise of Dawn.

Phin-o-rama
01-30-2007, 11:00 AM
:dance:

Motion
01-30-2007, 11:21 AM
at www.imadeitup.com/youfanboys (http://www.imadeitup.com/youfanboys), you'd be surpised how many interesting things they have to say about gta IV, Halo 3, and Resident Evil: Rise of Dawn.

Riiiiight

JPhinfan86
02-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Ok, I know not much has been said about GTA4 yet but has anyone heard if it will have online functionality? Imagine a GTA with a next-gen scale size city, next-gen graphics, physics and ONLINE capability.

I wouldn't sleep for a few days.

I have heard more than once that people will be able to individually tap into one large world. You can run around and do pretty much whatever from what I've heard so far. This, I must say, would kick mucho @ss and may even instill new life in the franchise for many who have wandered away from GTA. BTW - the game is said to be taking place in Bogota, Columbia correct? If that is true - I GUARANTEE RIGHT NOW that the main character would be Catalina from GTA III and SA. They'd have their first female character. Mark my word. :lol: :up:

JPhinfan86
02-05-2007, 01:17 PM
I hope it takes place out of country that would be cool

Oh ok - yea - I heard it was in Bogota. :lurk: :lol:

I was in-part correct with my prediction MANY MANY months ago when I said it would be in London (because the games so far took place in the original playstation series in the order of their release - London '69 was the only left). If it is in fact in Columbia that would be pretty close in a sense and as I said, GTA makes SOOO many references to Columbian cocaince and introduced multiple characters plus the entire Columbian Cartel.

Motion
02-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh ok - yea - I heard it was in Bogota. :lurk: :lol:

I was in-part correct with my prediction MANY MANY months ago when I said it would be in London (because the games so far took place in the original playstation series in the order of their release - London '69 was the only left). If it is in fact in Columbia that would be pretty close in a sense and as I said, GTA makes SOOO many references to Columbian cocaince and introduced multiple characters plus the entire Columbian Cartel.

London, England - Bogota, Columbia

Definitely see the connection! :tongue::lol:

JPhinfan86
02-05-2007, 02:02 PM
The point is out of the continental U.S. smart @ss :roflmao: