PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 2 (360)

Phin-o-rama
01-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Is anyone else patiently waiting for this? I'm still kicking myself for trading in my old *** ps2....between GH and Bully, I wish I woulda kept it. Now, since it is coming out for the 360 with 10 new songs for 360 only plus Downloadable Content on the plate as soon as it releases, all i can say is WOOT! They will probably have a song pack from GH1 for 20 bucks or something to d/l....hopefully they have some different genre's and stuff to d/l from.

Anyways thank you M$ for making this happen, can't....freaking....wait.

UltraDol-Fan
01-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I still play GH1 a lot. I didn't buy 2 because I wanted to wait, then I played it at my buddies and didn't think it lived up to the hype....the songs weren't as good IMO. I'll still probably buy it for the 360, though, just in the hopes that they release the first songs and also for the downloadable content.

Stitches
01-26-2007, 12:32 PM
My friend and I are both patiently counting down the days until march.

Pagan
01-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Aw hell, I just bought it for the PS2. :tantrum:

Phin-o-rama
01-26-2007, 12:38 PM
noooo pagan!!!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/01/1167957311-1.jpg

UltraDol-Fan
01-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Aw hell, I just bought it for the PS2. :tantrum:

:eek: at least you won't have to buy a new guitar...unless you wanted the new look one the 360 is getting.

Scatman
01-26-2007, 04:09 PM
my cousin bought the ps2 one over the other night, pretty cool game.

i might pick it up for 360.......kinda deciding between this or the wheel for forza 2

Stitches
01-26-2007, 04:24 PM
my cousin bought the ps2 one over the other night, pretty cool game.

i might pick it up for 360.......kinda deciding between this or the wheel for forza 2

Choices between games and accessories aren't really choices in my opinion, lol. Especially when the game + guitar will be cheaper than the wheel.

WestCKoastiN
01-27-2007, 02:51 AM
comming out on xbox360? cool maybe ima get it..

Pagan
01-27-2007, 12:21 PM
:eek: at least you won't have to buy a new guitar...unless you wanted the new look one the 360 is getting.

Something tells me I will have to buy a new one. Somehow, I don't think the PS2 guitar will plug into the 360....unless of course the game comes with an adapter. :wink:

Looks like I'll stick with the PS2 version.

muscle979
01-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I still play GH1 a lot. I didn't buy 2 because I wanted to wait, then I played it at my buddies and didn't think it lived up to the hype....the songs weren't as good IMO. I'll still probably buy it for the 360, though, just in the hopes that they release the first songs and also for the downloadable content.

I have both and I agree about the song selection. But I like the way the second game plays better, like the way they do encores and the practice mode they put in. I still play both of them. GH2 was more challenging though. After I beat that one on hard I went back to GH1 on hard and got five stars on several songs that I had previously only had three on. The second one does have free bird though.. :cooldude:

Phin-o-rama
01-27-2007, 06:11 PM
360 = downloadable songs = rocks

Agent51
01-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I have both and I agree about the song selection. But I like the way the second game plays better, like the way they do encores and the practice mode they put in. I still play both of them. GH2 was more challenging though. After I beat that one on hard I went back to GH1 on hard and got five stars on several songs that I had previously only had three on. The second one does have free bird though.. :cooldude:

Same here man, I don't like the direction they went with a lot of songs on GH2. There are some that I am super glad they put in, like "Mother" by Danzig and, of course, Sweet Child O Mine, as Slash is my favorite guitarist and that's my favorite solo (even though it's not the best GNR song), and that song by the Living End (I'm a huge punk fan), but as far as all those "screaming"-type songs go, I HATE them, I can't stand how that is called singing when they just rip thier throats up and you can't make out a single word (Except TROGDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in that one song).

As far as the gameplay difference, I LOVE the new co-op in GH2, and I also like how in any multiplayer you can choose different difficulties for each person. That way if you play with people who aren't as good you don't have to be bored playing on an easier level and they don't have to struggle on a harder one. I wish there was co-op career though.

As far as GH3, I hope it's still as good, there was an article on IGN that Harmonix left the project and neversoft took it over. I wouldn't mind seeing new features and all that, maybe even new graphics (I like the current style but new ones wouldn't bother me), but I hope thwey don't touch the actual gameplay mechanics, because they are perfect, especialy with the improved HO/PO system.

I hope the next one lets you creat an entire set to play back to back instead of going out to the song menu everytime. I own both for PS2 but will be getting this for 360 because it's coming out with 10 extra songs plus DL content. Besides, the controll won't work on my PS3, so no sense in keeping my PS2 when I get it, as GH is the only ghame I use on it now.

Amars
01-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Cant wait. I've been tempted to get for ps2 but have been waiting for xbox 360

dolphinfan2k5
01-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know if/when this will come out for ps3?

Amars
01-28-2007, 02:30 PM
I dunno sorry.

Agent51
01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Actually, I'm not to sure about this controller. Anyone who has played either GH for PS2 knows that there are 2 ways to activiate the "star power", either by tilting the guitar up "like a rocker" (:rolleyes2) or hitting the select button. I ALWAYS use the "select" method because A: it doesn't look dumb, lol, and B: it feels WAY more natural for me. I play a lot of punk music, and there is a lot of palm-muting, and the way the select button is positioned is pretty much exactly where your palm would hit for palm mutes, so it's so natural for me to hit the select button when I need star power without missing a beat, tilting the control up completely screws me up. I've messed around tilting guitars up in real life before, and I never screwed up, but that's cause I cold hold the chord or note or whatever, in the game the notes are always flying by. With this 360 controller bnot only does it appear that the select button is moved, but it also looks recessed, making the "palm-mute" method impossible, and I REALLY don't like that.

Kev83
01-28-2007, 04:01 PM
on this game, my theory is that you can't play it without lookin like a ******.
because of that, i tilt the damn guitar, play it over my head, whatever....I just act like a 6 yr old again...
this is partially b/c Ive only played it with friends (I dont do PS) and we've always been hammered, but...just a thought.

Pagan
01-28-2007, 04:30 PM
The problem with this game when you first start playing it - if you're a musician or REALLY know the songs - is that your eyes and your brain don't synch up....and you start playing notes that you KNOW are in the song, but not necessarily have to be hit in the game.

At least that's what I was doing at first! :lol:

GridIronKing34
01-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Something tells me I will have to buy a new one. Somehow, I don't think the PS2 guitar will plug into the 360....unless of course the game comes with an adapter. :wink:

Looks like I'll stick with the PS2 version.

I was kinda wondering what he was talking about... I really enjoy the game, to me it's more of a social game, I enjoy playing it with friends. If only they wouldn't make fun of drummers so damn much... "Don't let a drummer handle your money"... Pfft, jerks.

Pagan
01-29-2007, 07:59 AM
I was kinda wondering what he was talking about... I really enjoy the game, to me it's more of a social game, I enjoy playing it with friends. If only they wouldn't make fun of drummers so damn much... "Don't let a drummer handle your money"... Pfft, jerks.
Well...how do you know when the drum riser is level?

When the drool comes out of both sides of the drummer's mouth equally!

j/k with ya! We have a bunch of "drummer jokes" we torment our guy with. :wink:

DisturbedShifty
01-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know if/when this will come out for ps3?
I dont know if they will release it for the PS3. My heard there is some kind of adaptor out there that you can use to plug into you PS3 and use the old controllers. And if that is the case you should still be able to buy GH one or two and play it on the PS3.

Phin-o-rama
01-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Actually, I'm not to sure about this controller. Anyone who has played either GH for PS2 knows that there are 2 ways to activiate the "star power", either by tilting the guitar up "like a rocker" (:rolleyes2) or hitting the select button. I ALWAYS use the "select" method because A: it doesn't look dumb, lol, and B: it feels WAY more natural for me. I play a lot of punk music, and there is a lot of palm-muting, and the way the select button is positioned is pretty much exactly where your palm would hit for palm mutes, so it's so natural for me to hit the select button when I need star power without missing a beat, tilting the control up completely screws me up. I've messed around tilting guitars up in real life before, and I never screwed up, but that's cause I cold hold the chord or note or whatever, in the game the notes are always flying by. With this 360 controller bnot only does it appear that the select button is moved, but it also looks recessed, making the "palm-mute" method impossible, and I REALLY don't like that.

i'm sure you can adjust

Agent51
01-29-2007, 02:08 PM
The problem with this game when you first start playing it - if you're a musician or REALLY know the songs - is that your eyes and your brain don't synch up....and you start playing notes that you KNOW are in the song, but not necessarily have to be hit in the game.

At least that's what I was doing at first! :lol:

EXACTLY Pagan. When I first got GH1 I was doing that a lot because I know how to play a lot of those songs on a real guitar. I still do it with GH2, but I don't know as many of these songs in real life so it's not as bad. I always found myself just listening to the song and my hand position would naturally go to the chording or soloing of the real guitar, which would be ifferent than the in-game notes. Also, a lot of the times I would find myself trying vibrato and bends with the controller since they were there in real life, so my fingers would be trying to bend up the buttons :lol:

GridIronKing34
01-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Well...how do you know when the drum riser is level?

When the drool comes out of both sides of the drummer's mouth equally!

j/k with ya! We have a bunch of "drummer jokes" we torment our guy with. :wink:

Haha wouldn't be the first time I've been tormented with those kinda jokes. I mean as most of my friends say, "you just hit things randomly, even I could do it" lol. But at least in Guitar Hero II I can pretend to be something I'm not...

JPhinfan86
02-05-2007, 01:22 PM
....between GH and Bully,

Well - I must say, Bully was fun but it was not once challenging in any form. It'll certainly be a great $20 buy though. As for Guitar Hero two, I LOVE the multiple player but man that playlist (all 55 songs) sucks mud. I was NOT expecting that poor of a roster. Still rockin' though. :up:

DrewAlmighty
02-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I can't flippin' wait.

Phin-o-rama
02-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Guitar Hero 2 to Have Most XBL Content to Date
Will it be cheap? Will it be cheat codes? Will they rip us off?
By Patrick Klepek, 02/15/2007

Red Octane has continually said how excited they are for something like the Xbox Live marketplace, which allows them to breath new life into current releases while working on follow-ups. Guitar Hero 2 on Xbox 360 in April will prove the test bed, and they're charging into it full steam, if an interview with associate producer Ted Lange on IGN is to be believed.
"We're still in the process of confirming the final details and continue to secure more licenses, though nothing has been announced at this time, we can definitely say nobody will be disappointed. We are planning on having more online content than anyone has ever seen in a game to this date."
Here's a thought: could Red Octane possibly release the new songs from Guitar Hero: 80s Edition, thought to be only in development for PlayStation 2, arrive via Xbox Live, eliminating the need for a retail release? Hmm

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157231

:cooldude:

UltraDol-Fan
03-16-2007, 03:35 PM
April 3rd :woot:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/16/guitar-hero-ii-surfs-xbox-360-crowd-on-april-3/

Phin-o-rama
03-16-2007, 04:02 PM
yessssssss

Dubfire
03-17-2007, 02:47 PM
I am super pumped for this game!! Tired of having to fight my girlfriends daughter for it everytime the time I go over to play it on her PS2!!

Great game with very intuitive controls!

I have a copy reserved as well as Mass Effect.:yes:

Phin-o-rama
03-27-2007, 12:20 PM
omgomgomg im so excited :D

im going to put on a concert...i built a little mini stage, and have a fog machine....ill have my wife wave some laser pointers around, as i jam on stage slamming beers and hitting doobies that my friend is gonna throw to me on stage....

lol im excited

Agent51
03-27-2007, 02:16 PM
omgomgomg im so excited :D

im going to put on a concert...i built a little mini stage, and have a fog machine....ill have my wife wave some laser pointers around, as i jam on stage slamming beers and hitting doobies that my friend is gonna throw to me on stage....

lol im excited

I've been OBSESSED with this game since the first one came out on PS2. It is excellent, and it's so fun to do exactly what you described :lol:. We don't use doobies, but we do chug Jack Daniels and beers while playing. The 2nd one is even cooler because you can play co-op so you have a bassist and a lead guitar or a rhythm and a lead guitar, so during the guitar solo the other guy can chug a drink, just like real life :lol:. Depending on the DLC songs I might re-buy this for the 360, but I hope they make a wireless controller, because I got 2 for the PS2 and let me tell you, it makes the game WORLDS better in terms of idiotic fun factor, because you can run around and jump on the couch and not worry about tripping over cords and ripping them out or knocking the system off the shelf. Plus it helps when you are drunk, nothing to trip over or forget you are attatched to the syestem and walk too far away.

Phin-o-rama
03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
i pre-ordered from www.redoctane.com and it comes with a free gig bag....if i love the game, ill buy a 2nd guitar, but prolly wait for a wireless one or an adapter...

the 360 xplorer has a mic jack (future online play?)...and another jack which could be for a wireless adapter....im just excited to play it

i was in best buy last week and they had it on display...the graphics look really good, but i really suck at the game (only have played for 2 minutes ever)...hopefully i can rock out once i bring it home.

they said no online over xboxlive due to lag could really screw up a timing game, which i agree with, but no doubt they will release it for gh2 later, or they are saving it for gh3 to be a major selling point (zomg play online over xboxlive!!!, only on gh3!!!)

regardless...im pretty pumped

Agent51
03-27-2007, 03:25 PM
i pre-ordered from www.redoctane.com (http://www.redoctane.com) and it comes with a free gig bag....if i love the game, ill buy a 2nd guitar, but prolly wait for a wireless one or an adapter...

the 360 xplorer has a mic jack (future online play?)...and another jack which could be for a wireless adapter....im just excited to play it

i was in best buy last week and they had it on display...the graphics look really good, but i really suck at the game (only have played for 2 minutes ever)...hopefully i can rock out once i bring it home.

they said no online over xboxlive due to lag could really screw up a timing game, which i agree with, but no doubt they will release it for gh2 later, or they are saving it for gh3 to be a major selling point (zomg play online over xboxlive!!!, only on gh3!!!)

regardless...im pretty pumped

Dude don't worry, I've been playing guitar since I was like 10, recrationally and in bands that have done shows, and when I brought the first one home I struggled on EASY, :lol:. My problem was I know how to play the songs in real life, so instinctively I was making the chord and riff/solo fingering with my hands instead of pressing the corresponding buttons on the controller.

TheMageGandalf
04-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm giving this thread a bump since I am pumped for its release in the next couple of days.

Soon I will live out my dream and become.....

A Guitar Hero....

Phin-o-rama
04-01-2007, 02:51 PM
omfg me 2....mines scheduled for delivery on april 3rd!!1

Stitches
04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm having my friend pick me one up in the AM, so that I can have it when I get off work.

Agent51
04-01-2007, 03:03 PM
That second port on the 360's controller (the one that isn't the mic jack) is rumored to be for an effects pedal periphial for "future releases in the series", meaning in GH3 we could get an awesome effects pedal! It would be so cool to have a wah wah and be able to freely use it like the whammy bar. It would also be cool to have a switch pedal so you could switch between clean and distortion. Maybe even tie it in on hard and expert mode to the points score so you have to time the switch right for the max points. On easy and medium there could be a visual clue but on hard and expert you have to do it by memeory. It would really test how well you know the songs.

VT Dolphan
04-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I always feel conflicted about this game. On one hand, it is amazingly fun and addictive...yet I could spend that time actually playing my real instrument. Whatever, I know I'll be playing this game in a week so might as well not try to fight it.

FinSinceBirth
04-01-2007, 11:56 PM
I know this is a stupid question, but i'm confused about it. I bought the premium 360 which came with the wireless controller. Even thought they're working on a wireless controller, the first ones are wired. Is it possible to use the wired controller on the wireless system? If so, does it plug into the usb port?

Agent51
04-02-2007, 01:03 AM
I know this is a stupid question, but i'm confused about it. I bought the premium 360 which came with the wireless controller. Even thought they're working on a wireless controller, the first ones are wired. Is it possible to use the wired controller on the wireless system? If so, does it plug into the usb port?

Yes and Yes. Even though your system came with wireless controllers it is still capable of using wired ones, just liek the core system can use wireless. The machines themselves are the same, the difference is in the extras. The premium came with the HD and the wireless controllers, while the core was stuck without either, so if you wanted wireless you had to buy em seperate.

I still can't believe MS wouldn't give Hormonix/Red Octane the wireless info so they could make the launch guitars wireless. I guess it works out for Harmonix/Red Octane because EVERYONE will probably rebuy the wireless ones (who wants to play next-gen games with wires anyway?), but it still would have been nice to have it ship with wireless.

Cuban Dave 9
04-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Is anyone else patiently waiting for this? I'm still kicking myself for trading in my old *** ps2....between GH and Bully, I wish I woulda kept it. Now, since it is coming out for the 360 with 10 new songs for 360 only plus Downloadable Content on the plate as soon as it releases, all i can say is WOOT! They will probably have a song pack from GH1 for 20 bucks or something to d/l....hopefully they have some different genre's and stuff to d/l from.

Anyways thank you M$ for making this happen, can't....freaking....wait.
Bully is a badass game :yes:

Stitches
04-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Hooray for 24 hour wal-marts!!

Agent51
04-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Hooray for 24 hour wal-marts!!

How is it? Have you played it on PS2 before or is this your first time? Im asking because I have it for PS2 and am considering buying it for 360, but one thing that bugs me is the recessed start and select buttons. I never tilt for start power, I always "palm-mute" it by hitting select with my palm because it feels WAY more natural for me. I play guitar, and a lot of punk, which uses a lot of palm muting, so it's second nature, and the select button (which is an alternate way to activate it) was in perfect position on the PS3 SGs, but here it looks impossible to do, so I"m wondering if they are in fact rasied higher than pictured or if you are forced to tilt for star power?

Stitches
04-03-2007, 07:37 AM
How is it? Have you played it on PS2 before or is this your first time? Im asking because I have it for PS2 and am considering buying it for 360, but one thing that bugs me is the recessed start and select buttons. I never tilt for start power, I always "palm-mute" it by hitting select with my palm because it feels WAY more natural for me. I play guitar, and a lot of punk, which uses a lot of palm muting, so it's second nature, and the select button (which is an alternate way to activate it) was in perfect position on the PS3 SGs, but here it looks impossible to do, so I"m wondering if they are in fact rasied higher than pictured or if you are forced to tilt for star power?

lol, to be honest I didn't even play it. I had to be at work at 7, and was too tired to think I could function at school and work if I stayed up. And I've never played on ps2 before, so I'll have to give my impressions as a first timer later tonight.

Joe Flipper
04-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Just got mines at the local WAL-MART...lol screw EB...(pre-orders)...i got it before it even opened....:sidelol:

gunna crank TONITE...surprise for my daughter !!!

Phin-o-rama
04-03-2007, 10:03 AM
mine is out for delivery from redoctane.com !!!!

StormSurge
04-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Any thoughts yet from those who have it?

TheMageGandalf
04-03-2007, 03:44 PM
HEADS UP PEOPLE!

I see a few of you buying your stuff already but those of you who havent check this out:

CIRCUIT CITY is giving you a FREE MS 1600 POINTS card with the purchase of GH2.

Thats worth 20 bucks right there. So instead of getting it somewhere else and get just the game go pick it up at CC and get yourself a 1600 points card for FREE which will help with, if and/or when, they put out some new songs etc.

Stitches
04-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Any thoughts yet from those who have it?

I had never played any version of GH before. I made my band name, picked my guy, and guitar, and I was off. On my first attempt, I failed horribly and didn't hit a note. i didn't realize until after the training that you had to move the bar to play the notes. *d'oh* Luckily that failing gave me 10 achievement points, lol. After I learned what to do though, I started out, and am now on to level 2 (on easy). I love the Toadies song you get at the beginning, and I absolutely killed the "Woman" song from level 2(I think it was that song anyways).

I'm seriously jonesing to play right now while I write this, but my hand started to hurt anyways. Overall, I am a terrible guitar player, but I am having a ton of fun jumping around with my guitar and singing along. Most pure fun I've had with a video game in recent memory.

Stitches
04-03-2007, 07:10 PM
HEADS UP PEOPLE!

I see a few of you buying your stuff already but those of you who havent check this out:

CIRCUIT CITY is giving you a FREE MS 1600 POINTS card with the purchase of GH2.

Thats worth 20 bucks right there. So instead of getting it somewhere else and get just the game go pick it up at CC and get yourself a 1600 points card for FREE which will help with, if and/or when, they put out some new songs etc.

If a CC was near me, and I not gotten it at midnight last night I would have preferred to go there.

Agent51
04-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I had never played any version of GH before. I made my band name, picked my guy, and guitar, and I was off. On my first attempt, I failed horribly and didn't hit a note. i didn't realize until after the training that you had to move the bar to play the notes. *d'oh* Luckily that failing gave me 10 achievement points, lol. After I learned what to do though, I started out, and am now on to level 2 (on easy). I love the Toadies song you get at the beginning, and I absolutely killed the "Woman" song from level 2(I think it was that song anyways).

I'm seriously jonesing to play right now while I write this, but my hand started to hurt anyways. Overall, I am a terrible guitar player, but I am having a ton of fun jumping around with my guitar and singing along. Most pure fun I've had with a video game in recent memory.

The first thing I did when I got GH1 the day it was released was to go to the highest unlocked song and try it on expert. I figured, I've been playing REAL guitar for 11 years, this can't be THAT hard. PFFFFFF, I failed at the THREE PERCENT mark. Then I put my tail between my legs and started on easy, which was actually pretty challenging at first. Even though the generel movements are the same, it still feels different and takes getting used to.

SUCH a fun game though, especially on drinking nights with buddies.

Phin-o-rama
04-03-2007, 07:42 PM
how long should i stay on easy...im shredding 90%'s on easy but on medium i fail! lol

:(

Agent51
04-03-2007, 08:03 PM
how long should i stay on easy...im shredding 90%'s on easy but on medium i fail! lol

:(

I'd wait til you can at least 95% EVERY song on easy, and maybe even repeat the first tier or two of medium songs a few times just to get used to the new blue button too.

Firesole
04-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Damn I am loving this game! I've never played it on PS2 before and now I am absolutely hooked. I'm picking it up pretty good so far. I got through to level 6 last night before I went to bed, but man some of these songs are kicking my ***!!!!

So far the hardest song for me has been the Allman Brother song.

Phin-o-rama
04-04-2007, 08:54 AM
yeah..."Jessica" was a *****...i think i didn't get more than 3 stars....i did complete every song on easy 35/35 and did rancid's 'salvation' on medium and got 3 stars before i had to quit....the screen was moving all weird on the song list page....that let me know it was time to quit LOL

Stitches
04-04-2007, 09:14 AM
yeah..."Jessica" was a *****...i think i didn't get more than 3 stars....i did complete every song on easy 35/35 and did rancid's 'salvation' on medium and got 3 stars before i had to quit....the screen was moving all weird on the song list page....that let me know it was time to quit LOL

My hand starts hurting before that happen it seems. lol

Phin-o-rama
04-04-2007, 09:23 AM
my eyes still feel all weird, like notes are still flying at me :(

Firesole
04-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Does anyone know what the downloadable content is for this game yet?

I've still got these songs stuck in my head since last night! I can't wait to get off of work and rock the house again! LOL

Firesole
04-04-2007, 04:14 PM
I just came home and finished the game on medium......FREE BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :madness:

My hand feels like I've been typing all day. Oh well it was worth it. Now to move on to hard!!!!!! :buddwalk:

Enforcerfin33
04-04-2007, 04:29 PM
I just came home and finished the game on medium......FREE BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :madness:

My hand feels like I've been typing all day. Oh well it was worth it. Now to move on to hard!!!!!! :buddwalk:
I just beat it on medium last night, I kept getting like 80 percent through it and failing...

Firesole
04-04-2007, 05:55 PM
I didn't fail one song on my way through medium, but I'm having alot of truble on Hard. After a while I've been able to make it through the first 5 songs, but just barely. Now I'm failing almost every song once, and then I barely pass it on the 2nd or 3rd try.

I think I'm going to have Arthritis in a week or so.:boohoo:

Agent51
04-04-2007, 06:13 PM

Dude, wait til you move up to medium and get towards the end. I have beaten the entire game on PS2. I have 5 starred all songs on easy, all but ONE on medium, all but ONE on hard, and all but the last 2 tiers on expert. All the non 5-stars are 4 star ranks. The one song that is pissing me off (even though I love the band and song in real life) is the Living End's song. For some reason I can NOT get 5 stars on it after easy. There always seems to be that "one" song for everyone though, and it's usually never the one you'd expect. In GH1 it was the dumb Queens of the Stone Age song, and that was in tier 3 I think, hardly even close to the hardest in the game, yet I could ace the hardest songs and screwed that one up.

When it comes to Free Bird I have 5 starred it all the way up to expert, which I can only get 4. It's funny because the first time I ever played through I was like "holy ****!" and I check the stats after and it said had Guitar Solo A all the way through S or something like that. IDK why, but that cracked me up.

my eyes still feel all weird, like notes are still flying at me :(

After playing for awhile, especially on the higher levels where there are more notes and they come faster, when you turn it off and look at something stationary, it has a weird effect, almost reminds me of magic mushroom trips back in the day, :lol:. It's like whatever you look at (cell phone or TV remote etc) looks like its moving away from you but the backround looks like it's coming towards you.

Another interesting thing, probably one veterens can relate too but not so much people who have just started playing, is that easy actually becomes HARDER than hard/expert mode. In GH1 there weren't rewards (like new guitars/skins) for playing through ANY mode, let alone easy, so after getting used to the game I didn't touch easy after the first few songs. GH2 offers you rewards for completing all the modes though, which I didn't even find out til beating medium (I didn't think anything was offered for easy) and beig almost done with hard and halfway done with expert. So I decide to go breeze through easy real quick to get the 2 guitars (one for total completion and one for 5-starring all songs) and man, I actually struggled on some songs, even the first couple. I think it's because I had the timing down from hard and expert, I knew how long it took for me to see the note when it first appeared to the time I hit it on the control (nano seconds) and on easy you have what seems like all the time in the world for that note to fall, so I'd continually hit them way too early, :lol:.

This game is excellent :up:

Firesole
04-04-2007, 11:40 PM
After playing for awhile, especially on the higher levels where there are more notes and they come faster, when you turn it off and look at something stationary, it has a weird effect, almost reminds me of magic mushroom trips back in the day, :lol:. It's like whatever you look at (cell phone or TV remote etc) looks like its moving away from you but the backround looks like it's coming towards you.

I had that effect also, but what's worse is now when I'm riding my bike down the road, I see the reflectors in the traffic lanes coming at me like I'm playing GH2, and I find myself pressing fingers on my clutch hand on the grips like I'm playing a song LOL :sidelol:

Stitches
04-05-2007, 12:08 AM
It's so hard to play with the pinkie! Whenever I miss a note, I find myself trying to compensate for some reason, and then I screw up like 4 in a row.

Agent51
04-05-2007, 01:21 AM
It's so hard to play with the pinkie! Whenever I miss a note, I find myself trying to compensate for some reason, and then I screw up like 4 in a row.

Pinkie definately takes getting used to. I have been playing real guitar for 13 years, so my pinkie was built up awhile ago, but I remember how frustrating it was at first, and I'm assuming it the same frustration for the game. A lot ot time I don't even use my pinkie outside of solos or particularly difficult riffs. When there are chord section I find myself switching hand positions like I would do on a real guitar. For example, if it were a red/blue then yellow orange progression, I would have my index and ring fingers on red/blue then switch up to index finger on yellow/orange.

I TRIED playing where I switched fingers for the chords, like green/yellow to red/blue would be index/ring down on green/yellow then switch to middle/pinkie down on red/blue but I ALWAYS screwed up. Not becaue my pinie was weak, but just because a switch to ONLY middle and pikie finger down is something I have hardly ever come across in real guitar playing, so it feels WAY unnatural and my ring finger always ended up going down too, uncontrollably and out of habit. That was a HUGE problem for me in the first GH, bt I have since worked it out, although continue to just switch my hand position since it feels more natural.

Agent51
04-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Also, check out this thread on the Guitar Hero forum:

http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=184

It's called "Pimp Your SG" and was started way back when the 1st GH was released. Basically it is pages upon pages of customized SG controllers (and I'm assuming the 360 explorer ones will start to be posted when people get their hands on 'em. They range from some prety stupid ones (just the stickers it came with slapped on the controller) to some amazingly elaborate ones, like custom airbrushing with ghost flames and graphics, or re-creations of famous guitars, like Eddie Van Halen's "stripes" guitar. There are even detailed instructions on how to dissassemble (and reassemble) the controller without ruining it, and what paints work best (those Krylon infusion ones meant for plastic patio furniture). I am actually working on one right now, since I have quite a few extras laying around (came up with the idea awhile ago, even posted it in that thread, just never got around to it, lol). Here's my "blueprint" for it:

A Tribute To My Favorite Car:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I even just found this ZZ Top furry guitar!
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/04/2yo1l42-1.jpg

DrewAlmighty
04-05-2007, 11:32 AM
I've been playing this now for PS2. Game is incredible. I'm almost done on Expert.

Miami 13
04-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I play for PS2 and the game is awesome, you guys should post your scores on ScoreHero.

Agent51
04-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I play for PS2 and the game is awesome, you guys should post your scores on ScoreHero.

I used it for GH1, but then it seemed like a lot of people were getting impossible scores. Like I would 100% the song and hit every star power not and use up all the star power you could possibly get and people would still have like 10,000 more than me, it just wasn't adding up, so I decided they were making them up and I haven't really used it since. It was a pretty cool site though.

Firesole
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
It would be alot cooler if you didn't have to input your own scores.

ScottishFin
04-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Mine just arrived for my 360 an hour ago , amazing game cant stop laughing as I jump around the house with the guitar swinging :D :D

Will be excellent fun when totally wasted

Phin-o-rama
04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
360 leaderboards replaced scorehero i would imagine??

Agent51
04-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Mine just arrived for my 360 an hour ago , amazing game cant stop laughing as I jump around the house with the guitar swinging :D :D

Will be excellent fun when totally wasted

Oh it DEFINATELY is :evil:

Just make sure not to tank the cord out of the system, because then you get the "You're rocking out too hard" message :rocker:

Agent51
04-06-2007, 03:27 AM
Ok, I just played this for the 360 for the first time tonight. A few thoughts on the 360 version (from a PS2 GH1 and 2 owner since it's launch):

The whammy bar is WAY different. The range of movement is less, and It doesn't seem to activate until it is almost fully depressed, whereas with the PS2 version the whammy initiates as soon as you start mving it, and there is a much greater range of motion. More often than not I found myself BOMBING the notes right after sustained stars (in which you use whammy to get extra star power) because the sensitivity of the 360's whammy bar was much less than the PS2's and you had o depress it way further than PS2 owners are used to.

Star Power activation lost a major option on the 360 with the "select button to activate" feature that is available on the PS2. You HAVE to ilt for star power, and that is frustrating for PS2 vets who are used to having the option.

The 360 controller neck feels thinner, and is more comfortable.

No "squeak" when using the 360 controllers strum bar.

Extra songs and DLC are aweome additions.

Ideally I'd love the 360 software version with the PS2's hardware (the SG controller), because the game itself is better for the 360 (smoother graphics, more polished sound, extra content, and DL content coming all adds higher replay value) but the PS2 controller blows the 360's away.

Phin-o-rama
04-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Ok, I just played this for the 360 for the first time tonight. A few thoughts on the 360 version (from a PS2 GH1 and 2 owner since it's launch):

The whammy bar is WAY different. The range of movement is less, and It doesn't seem to activate until it is almost fully depressed, whereas with the PS2 version the whammy initiates as soon as you start mving it, and there is a much greater range of motion. More often than not I found myself BOMBING the notes right after sustained stars (in which you use whammy to get extra star power) because the sensitivity of the 360's whammy bar was much less than the PS2's and you had o depress it way further than PS2 owners are used to.

Star Power activation lost a major option on the 360 with the "select button to activate" feature that is available on the PS2. You HAVE to ilt for star power, and that is frustrating for PS2 vets who are used to having the option.

The 360 controller neck feels thinner, and is more comfortable.

No "squeak" when using the 360 controllers strum bar.

Extra songs and DLC are aweome additions.

Ideally I'd love the 360 software version with the PS2's hardware (the SG controller), because the game itself is better for the 360 (smoother graphics, more polished sound, extra content, and DL content coming all adds higher replay value) but the PS2 controller blows the 360's away.

well you pretty much nailed it from what i've been reading over at the guitar hero forums...the controller alot of people don't like it...

fortunately for me i'm new to gh, and have no previous experience to base it off....also some whammy bars are somewhat defective i hear...mine works 99% of the time

played through medium last night, i was so excited to unlock last child by aerosmith, and yyz by rush (didn't like playing it though)....and got to stonehenge.....yowza! i had no idea they put institutionalized in the game! LOL i thought that was cool.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b55gYMg-VIk

Stitches
04-06-2007, 09:24 AM
I bout the Metalocalypse and StrongBad dragon(forget the name) songs yesterday, lol.

arsenal
04-06-2007, 09:26 AM
man i never played, my roomate keeps telling me to get it cause its sick, and another friend loves it, shes telling me to get it... and everything i hear about it is great... so im guessing i should...

and wow i just checked out some videos on it... peep this kid 3yEjyuw42YY

StormSurge
04-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't have a previous frame of reference either. I'm taking this as good news.

Firesole
04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
man i never played, my roomate keeps telling me to get it cause its sick, and another friend loves it, shes telling me to get it... and everything i hear about it is great... so im guessing i should...

and wow i just checked out some videos on it... peep this kid 3yEjyuw42YY

HOLY ****! that kid is my hero!:cooldude:

Phin-o-rama
04-06-2007, 11:57 AM
dude its a fun game.....even just jamming on easy, my wife got 80% on one song on easy and she never plays any games....

its actually pretty amazing how u get better at the game...

the hardest part for me will be learning hammer on's and pull off's and incorporating them in the game....right now when a set of notes come up that would prolly be a good time for one of those techniques i just kinda spaz out lol....

i also bought the metapocalypse song 'thunder horse', and accidentally spent 7k on the damn grim reaper.....o well he's cool looking

Agent51
04-06-2007, 09:33 PM
dude its a fun game.....even just jamming on easy, my wife got 80% on one song on easy and she never plays any games....

its actually pretty amazing how u get better at the game...

the hardest part for me will be learning hammer on's and pull off's and incorporating them in the game....right now when a set of notes come up that would prolly be a good time for one of those techniques i just kinda spaz out lol....

i also bought the metapocalypse song 'thunder horse', and accidentally spent 7k on the damn grim reaper.....o well he's cool looking

When it comes to hammer on/pull offs, you are also probably lucky this is your first GH experience, except for different reasons. With the controller thing, you missed on an EXCELLENT controller, but you never had to go from great to bad, so you lucked out. With HO/POs, they were so flawed in GH1 some of the harder songs, like Ozzy's Bark at the Moon and Pantera's Cowboys from Hell, were impossible to 100% because they would have GIANT runs of the HO/POs and yet you couldn't hit them. You had to be EXACT with the timing. Even when strumming you are afford nanao second leway. If you notice sometimes you will panick and be like "oh ****, I just missed that" and press it real quick out of reaction and you'll get credit for it. Didn't happen with HO/POs in GH1, if it wasn't EXACTLY when the note was in the blank circle you didn't get it. It is MUCH imrpoved this time around, it's how it should have been all along, and you are lucky you were spared the hell that was the GH1 HO/PO experience :lol:

muscle979
04-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I bout the Metalocalypse and StrongBad dragon(forget the name) songs yesterday, lol.

Those are on PS2 version. Are there any songs worth mentioning that are exclusive to the 360? Just wondering.

muscle979
04-09-2007, 10:58 AM
When it comes to hammer on/pull offs, you are also probably lucky this is your first GH experience, except for different reasons. With the controller thing, you missed on an EXCELLENT controller, but you never had to go from great to bad, so you lucked out. With HO/POs, they were so flawed in GH1 some of the harder songs, like Ozzy's Bark at the Moon and Pantera's Cowboys from Hell, were impossible to 100% because they would have GIANT runs of the HO/POs and yet you couldn't hit them. You had to be EXACT with the timing. Even when strumming you are afford nanao second leway. If you notice sometimes you will panick and be like "oh ****, I just missed that" and press it real quick out of reaction and you'll get credit for it. Didn't happen with HO/POs in GH1, if it wasn't EXACTLY when the note was in the blank circle you didn't get it. It is MUCH imrpoved this time around, it's how it should have been all along, and you are lucky you were spared the hell that was the GH1 HO/PO experience :lol:

No joke man. Those pull offs in particular are nearly impossible in Guitar Hero one.

Joe Flipper
04-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Just picked up a 2nd Geetar controller for multy play :) :)

Firesole
04-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Just picked up a 2nd Geetar controller for multy play :) :)

Where did you get one? I haven't been able to find a place that sells only the guitar.

I've gotten over haflway through the game on hard. Now I'm stuck on Freya :(

Joe Flipper
04-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Where did you get one? I haven't been able to find a place that sells only the guitar.

Found 1 at TARGET :tongue: ...it was the last one...they say they are very hard to find...i just got luckey .......had a blast last night playin BASS and my Daughter on LEAD...Then the wife pulled the plug on our SHOW ..:tantrum: .We had the 5.1 KRANKIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURN IT DOWN ............T U R N I T O F F ! :sidelol:

Agent51
04-10-2007, 02:09 PM

I had that problem when Guitar Hero 1 came out, stores didn't sell JUST the guitar, so I had to order mine from their website. Same thing when GH2 came out, I still haven't seen a place with JUST the controller for sale (not that I need it because I have 3 extra ones), and I've yet to see just a controller for the 360 for sale, so I'd just order it online.

http://www.redoctane.com/guitarhero2x-explorer.html

Motion
04-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Guitar Hero 3 for PS3 was just accidentally announced.

StormSurge
04-10-2007, 03:17 PM
I've seen the controller only at both Best Buy & Circuit City up here in CT.

Firesole
04-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Has anyone beat the game on hard yet? What do you have to do to unlock the rest of the songs in the list of 70? So far I only have access to 48 :(

Agent51
04-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Has anyone beat the game on hard yet? What do you have to do to unlock the rest of the songs in the list of 70? So far I only have access to 48 :(

You have to go to the store and buy them. The in-game "store" (not XBL Marketplace), where you get new outfits, guitars, finishes, etc. There is a section called songs, and you purchase them. They are only for single and multiplayer modes, you don't play those ones in a career.

Firesole
04-10-2007, 03:56 PM
You have to go to the store and buy them. The in-game "store" (not XBL Marketplace), where you get new outfits, guitars, finishes, etc. There is a section called songs, and you purchase them. They are only for single and multiplayer modes, you don't play those ones in a career.

Hmmm everytime I've went to "the store" it sent me to the XBL marketplace where there wasn't any new DLC available yet. I'll check it out more tonight.

Agent51
04-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Hmmm everytime I've went to "the store" it sent me to the XBL marketplace where there wasn't any new DLC available yet. I'll check it out more tonight.

Really? I just know that in the game, you go into the store to buy the extras with the cash you earn. It's like that in both GH's for PS2, ad I have played the 360 one and it was like that too.

It should be noted that you need to be in career mode to make the purchases though, so maybe that is why it sends you to the marketplace instead. Like go into career mode and then on the screen where you can change your guitar and guitarist there should be an option for the store, and in there you can buy new characters, outfits, guitars, finishes, songs, and "developer videos" (behind the scenes stuff) with the cash you earn from comleteing songs in career.

Phin-o-rama
04-10-2007, 04:20 PM
yeah there is

and i just bought some stickers from interpunk.com to put on mine....

73261 Alkaline Trio -Logo (Various) Sticker
1 108206 Bad Religion -Shadow Cross Sticker
1 7191 Fat Wreck Chords -Logo Sticker

1 Less Than Jake -Cartoon Boxes Sticker
1 82819 No Use For A Name -Flaming Logo Sticker
1 98825 NOFX -The Decline Logo Sticker

1 1 AFI -Fire Rose Sticker

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/04/21211-1.jpg
yessssssss

Phin-o-rama
04-11-2007, 09:34 AM
DLC is now up...and way to expensive.....$6.25 per 3 songs!!! WOW

I would boycott it, but pack 3 is too good hehe, gonna have to buy that one regardless...people all over the net are shredding M$ and red octane over this.

Name: Guitar Hero Track Pack 1
Price: 500 Points
Availability: Not available in Asia
Dash Details: Bark at the Moon as made famous by Ozzy Osbourne, Hey You as made famous by The Exies, Ace of Spades as made famous by Motorhead, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.

Name: Guitar Hero Track Pack 2
Dash Details: Killer Queen as made famous by Queen, Take it Off as made famous by The Donnas, Frankenstein as made famous by The Edgar Winter Group, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.

Name: Guitar Hero Track Pack 3
Dash Details: Higher Ground as made famous by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Infected as made famous by Bad Religon, Stellar as made famous by Incubus, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.

UltraDol-Fan
04-11-2007, 10:42 AM
what a joke, 500 points for 3 songs is rediculous. Especially when they already made the songs and made money off them in the first GH. I am definitely not going to buy GH2 now. I played it at a friends house and I love the first one, but no way am I going to pay $90 for a game and then get bent over for the songs I want.

Phin-o-rama
04-11-2007, 10:45 AM
yeah, i'm not so happy about it myself....PLUS GH3 was announce to be coming out this year anyways....sheesh....

Agent51
04-11-2007, 06:01 PM

I would boycott it, but pack 3 is too good hehe, gonna have to buy that one regardless...people all over the net are shredding M$ and red octane over this.

Dash Details: Bark at the Moon as made famous by Ozzy Osbourne, Hey You as made famous by The Exies, Ace of Spades as made famous by Motorhead, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com (http://www.redoctane.com).

Dash Details: Killer Queen as made famous by Queen, Take it Off as made famous by The Donnas, Frankenstein as made famous by The Edgar Winter Group, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com (http://www.redoctane.com).

Dash Details: Higher Ground as made famous by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Infected as made famous by Bad Religon, Stellar as made famous by Incubus, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com. (http://www.redoctane.com.)

Word of advice, the only worthwhile pack is #1. Those songs are great songs and fun to play, and covered VERY well. Packs 2 and 3 are jokes, don't waste the money. Trust me, I own GH one, and these songs are all GH1 songs.

The Queen song and the Donnas song are WAY to easy, even on expert, the difficulty balance isn't equal to what it is in real life. The Frankenstein song is just crappy in the game. 60% of the song is you playing notes for a weird, barely audible synthisizer part, NOT guitar, so it just makes it horribly boring, and kind of hard since the notes don't return a guitar sound for feedback on how well you are doing. To understand how this could screw you up, play a song with the TV on mute and you'll see.

As far as pack 3, Higher Ground is a great song, the RHCP cover is good, and they do a good job covering that cover here, but that's it. The Bad Religion song is HORRIBLE, and this is coming from a HUGE punk fan who's 2nd favorite band is Bad Religion. For one, this is prolly one of their WORST songs ever, not to mention the guy singing in this song sounds NOTHING like Greg Graffin, so it makes it worse. Plus, the entire song is 4 different chords, most of which are held for long periods of time, very boring. The incubus song? Well, I don't like them in real life, but this cover is abysmall. There is one part (the chorus if I remember correctly) that the singer is so off-key it sounds liek he is an american idol audition phase reject. I mean it is so off-key that it actually distracts you from the guitar part.

You can't go wrong with Pack 1 though. Bark at the Moon is done EXCELLENTLY, and the song is just as hard to play in the game as it is in real life, so it really feels good. When I first got GH1 it took me like a week to even PASS it on MEDIUM, nevermind 5 star it then pass it on hard/expert. The Exies song is a pretty fun song to play and a good rock song to listen to, although it isn't one of the more challenging ones. Ace of Spades is just a MUST ow song period, lol, and I can't wait to play Lemmy's bassline in co-op :rocker:

Hopefully I caught everyone before they bought these and saved people some money.

muscle979
04-12-2007, 12:01 AM

Dash Details: Bark at the Moon as made famous by Ozzy Osbourne, Hey You as made famous by The Exies, Ace of Spades as made famous by Motorhead, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com (http://www.redoctane.com).

Dash Details: Killer Queen as made famous by Queen, Take it Off as made famous by The Donnas, Frankenstein as made famous by The Edgar Winter Group, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com (http://www.redoctane.com).

Dash Details: Higher Ground as made famous by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Infected as made famous by Bad Religon, Stellar as made famous by Incubus, For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com. (http://www.redoctane.com.)

So basically they want you to buy Guitar Hero 1 but with only 9 songs. Sounds really great :rolleyes2 .