PDA

View Full Version : which is better ps2 or x box

allport30
01-26-2007, 12:58 PM
im going to but one of the two so i wanted to get your opinions, i think they stopped making games for x box and ps2 play old ps1 games, also which of the systems has better graphics?

Alex44
01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I hate X-box personally and I love ps2

Motion
01-26-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm still rockin' the PS2!

God of War 2 comes out in March! :woot:

UltraDol-Fan
01-26-2007, 01:05 PM
I think they are pretty close, just depends on if you like Halo or if you like Metal Gear and Final Fantasy. Most of the other good games are on both. I have both but I like the controller and online better on the XBox.

Motion
01-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I think they are pretty close, just depends on if you like Halo or if you like Metal Gear and Final Fantasy. Most of the other good games are on both. I have both but I like the controller and online better on the XBox.

Don't forget God of War and Socom!

...and Forza and Gran Turismo

Phin-o-rama
01-26-2007, 01:46 PM
if i were gonna buy one now, it'd be a ps2.....2 or 3 years ago it woulda been an xbox.....simply because xbox games aren'ty really coming out now i don't think...ps2 you got bully, gh1 and 2....final fantasy 12....etc....

Scatman
01-26-2007, 02:01 PM
ps2....
but if you can get it modded xbox...i got mines hooked up with every old game from super nintendo, genesis, nintendo, mame - which is the arcade games, and a butt load more. plus i got all my regular games up'ed on my hard drive so i dont gotta get up to even switch between games.

mor911
01-26-2007, 02:04 PM
oh god....

COMEBACKRICKY
01-26-2007, 02:06 PM
id say ps2, just because of the wide selection of games they have for it.

Bruzer
01-26-2007, 02:22 PM
ps2 larger game library many good games.

Slappy8800
01-26-2007, 02:28 PM
just get both

Stitches
01-26-2007, 02:30 PM
ps2....
but if you can get it modded xbox...i got mines hooked up with every old game from super nintendo, genesis, nintendo, mame - which is the arcade games, and a butt load more. plus i got all my regular games up'ed on my hard drive so i dont gotta get up to even switch between games.

My friend actually built a MAME arcade cabinet with the arcade sticks and everything. He doesn't even use it anymore, I want to buy it off him so bad.

allport30
01-26-2007, 03:21 PM
which has better graphics though

Motion
01-26-2007, 03:23 PM
which has better graphics though

Depends on the game. The newer PS2 games look really good, but overall Xbox probably has better graphics, if thats all your into.

Stitches
01-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Depends on the game. The newer PS2 games look really good, but overall Xbox probably has better graphics, if thats all your into.

I honestly think the systems themselves are pretty equal overall(though technologically speaking the XBOX is much better), it really all depends on what kind of games you want. PS2 has such an amazing library though, that if I had to pick out of the 2 systems, I would go with PS2. Luckily though, I have the privelage of being able to play both.

Scatman
01-26-2007, 04:07 PM
My friend actually built a MAME arcade cabinet with the arcade sticks and everything. He doesn't even use it anymore, I want to buy it off him so bad.

thats pretty cool....... i got an x-arcade stick...and it works pretty tight with old games like metal slug, marvel vs capcom, nba jam, and stuff like that........ i guess nothing beats an actual arcade....but its kinda nice if you dont have the space for a whole arcade cabinet.....

Marino2Clayton
01-26-2007, 04:52 PM
IMO you can't make a bad choice either way you go.

Stitches
01-26-2007, 05:02 PM
IMO you can't make a bad choice either way you go.

That's why he should completely go the other way and get a dreamcast.

SEAMAN!!!

*snicker*

Motion
01-26-2007, 06:39 PM
That's why he should completely go the other way and get a dreamcast.

SEAMAN!!!

*snicker*

Dreamcast rules!

Shenmue is still one of my all time favorite games.

SKing29
01-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Dreamcast rules!

Shenmue is still one of my all time favorite games.

Yes, finally someone who gets. Dreamcast = greatest system of all time (VMU was great) and Shenmue = Greatest game of all time.

VanDolPhan
01-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Xbox was worth it simply for Ninja Gaiden.

Scatman
01-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Yes, finally someone who gets. Dreamcast = greatest system of all time (VMU was great) and Shenmue = Greatest game of all time.

yup second that.....man almost no one likes shenmue too dont even get it.....amazing game for its time.
i hope they eventually release the final part.

Scatman
01-26-2007, 10:52 PM
sry double post

Desides
01-27-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm about to post something that most people never consider, for whatever twisted reason.

Get both consoles. Why? Because they both have games worthy of your attention, money, and time.

PS2 has the Devil May Cry trilogy, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Dragon Quest VIII, Zone of the Enders, Tourist Trophy, Katamari, the Xenosaga trilogy, Final Fantasy, and much more.

Xbox has Halo, better versions of Madden and Splinter Cell, Ninja Gaiden (which I bought an Xbox solely for), Dead or Alive, the best version of Soul Calibur 2 (which, sadly, is better than 3), better versions of Grand Theft Auto 3/VC/SA, and more.

Dolphin1184
01-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Yep. Too bad the company Sega = garbage. They abandoned the Dreamcast (and gaming systems all together) just like what they did to the Saturn.

Dolfan984
01-27-2007, 03:25 PM
if i were gonna buy one now, it'd be a ps2.....2 or 3 years ago it woulda been an xbox.....simply because xbox games aren'ty really coming out now i don't think...ps2 you got bully, gh1 and 2....final fantasy 12....etc....

:yeahthat:

Dolfan984
01-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm about to post something that most people never consider, for whatever twisted reason.

Get both consoles. Why? Because they both have games worthy of your attention, money, and time.

PS2 has the Devil May Cry trilogy, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Dragon Quest VIII, Zone of the Enders, Tourist Trophy, Katamari, the Xenosaga trilogy, Final Fantasy, and much more.

Xbox has Halo, better versions of Madden and Splinter Cell, Ninja Gaiden (which I bought an Xbox solely for), Dead or Alive, the best version of Soul Calibur 2 (which, sadly, is better than 3), better versions of Grand Theft Auto 3/VC/SA, and more.

:sidelol: I know this Korean guy and I swear he LOVES that game.

tylerdolphin
01-28-2007, 06:30 PM
PS2. The PS2 controller is about 1 million times better than X-box

Desides
01-28-2007, 10:17 PM
:sidelol: I know this Korean guy and I swear he LOVES that game.

Hey, it's a fun series. I'm just glad they ended it without making sequel after sequel.

Fresh
01-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Just curious, but why not just go for the 360 or ps3?

& if you don't want to spent as much, may as well get the Wii for $250

ricky williams
01-28-2007, 11:24 PM
they are pretty similar. you will get close to the same product either way. i personally have a special edition green x-box. i play my friends ps 2's and the only real difference is the controller's. x-box has triggers where ps 2 controllers have buttons where your index finger goes. i like having the trigger for shooter games but a lot of it is probably the fact that i'm used to it. i'm not sure about multi-player now that 360 is out and i don't have x-box live anymore but x-box rules the multiplayer scene.

Motion
01-29-2007, 09:47 AM

:hi5: Thats what I'm talking about! Shenmue was an experience!

I read somewhere that Sega was thinking about re-releasing the whole entire story (which they never finished in the first place) in one game now that disc sizes are so much greater. :pray: Please do it Sega!

muscle979
01-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Just curious, but why not just go for the 360 or ps3?

& if you don't want to spent as much, may as well get the Wii for $250

Because you can get a brand new PS2 for half as much as a Wii. I bought my sister one from a pawn shop for only $70 bucks. Not everybody is filthy rich, just a thought.

JPhinfan86
02-05-2007, 01:26 PM

CLOSE?! IN GRAPHICS?! Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

All one needs to do to have their realization is to play Splinter Cell (among MANY other games) on both systems then compare. Not only graphics are better on XBOX but PS2 forces enormous limitations in the levels' layouts. They all end up being boxes - levels that are wide open and expansive on XBOX are herded off on PS2. Load times, custom soundtracks -- all better. I own both and I like my PS2 for some things (mainly games that come exclusive to PS2 such as Guitar Hero) but XBOX takes the cake by a mile. :rawk:

Bruzer
02-05-2007, 01:41 PM
^^ I think they are really close yes xbox has a slightly better graphics but ps2 has a better game library.