PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous Injustice

Nappy Roots
01-26-2007, 01:06 PM
well i had been waiting for this thread cause i hating making threads myself. but for some reason, either its gone unnoticed or just no one gives a damn. but every since i heard this story a couple years ago or so on TV, i could never understand why it wasnt a huge deal everywhere. and it still seems to be just the back news.

Former homecoming king, with a 3.2 GPA. a 17 year old male that recieves oral sex from a 15 year old. sentanced to 10 years in prison. for what you say?

But because of an archaic Georgia law, it was a misdemeanor for teenagers less than three years apart to have sexual intercourse, but a felony for the same kids to have oral sex.thats not even the worse thing, they realized how wrong this law was, STILL prosecuted him for it, then after, CHANGED the law, BUT!

Afterward, the state legislature changed the law to include an oral sex clause, but that doesn't help Wilson. In yet another baffling twist, the law was written to not apply to cases retroactively.........

what the **** is wrong here?

one of the worst parts of this is the girl first said she was raped because she didnt want her father or family thinkin she would have sex with a black male, then when a friend of the girl came forward and said that was false that she told him that he didnt rape her, then they decided, well, i cant get him for raping this white girl, so lets go after the next best thing. a 10.year .sentence.for.receiving.consensual.oral.sex. from a girl 2 years younger when your 17.

the prosecutor an judge should be thrown in jail.

****in disgrace.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=Wilson

unifiedtheory
01-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Wow...that is a total joke.

SCall13
01-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Wow. 10 years for getting some head. That's an expensive *******.

Seriously though, there are some ridiculous laws and there are always loopholes for those lawyers (on both sides) to find and exploit.

Nappy Roots
01-26-2007, 01:15 PM
It's frustrating work. No one involved believes Wilson should be in jail for 10 years.
The prosecutors don't.
The Supreme Court doesn't.
The legislature doesn't.
The 15-year-old "victim" doesn't.
The forewoman of the jury doesn't.
Privately, even prison officials don't.
Yet no one will do anything to free him, passing responsibility around like a hot potato. The prosecutors say they were just doing their job. The Supreme Court says it couldn't free him because the state legislature decreed the new law didn't apply to old cases, even though this case was the entire reason the new law was passed. One possible explanation is that Bernstein, an admitted neophyte at backroom dealing, simply didn't know enough politics to insist on the provision. That haunts her.

its just wrong on way to many levels

DeathStar
01-26-2007, 01:16 PM
wow...what crap.

based on the previous post, a pardon from the president will probably be the only way this gets cleared up.

Motion
01-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Wow, thats unreal. Hopefully for his sake they can work something out.

UltraDol-Fan
01-26-2007, 01:24 PM
unbelievable, that prosecutor needs a taste of reality...:fire:

SCall13
01-26-2007, 01:31 PM
I can't imagine something not being worked out to get this kid out of prison. Definetly a case where the crime doesn't fit the punishment. Someone has to step in on his behalf and do something. We're talking 10 years of his LIFE for doing something Bill Clinton did IN the oval office. I don't intend that as a joke. What a joke of a justice system we have.

Eshlemon
01-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Govenor, President, somebody give this kid a pardon NOW!

Stitches
01-26-2007, 05:40 PM
That is such complete bull crap it's not funny.

What is funny is that the attorney's name is BJ though.

GreenMonster
01-26-2007, 05:45 PM
That is such complete bull crap it's not funny.

What is funny is that the attorney's name is BJ though.

I know the attorney.. I haven't spoken to her since she took the case.. She works downtown in the same office building I worked at while I went to Ga. State..

This case is just one of the reasons that sane people around the country look at Georgia and just laugh..

dreday
01-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Yeah I saw this the other day..This isnt the first time this has happened in Georgia.Unfortunately it probably wont be the last.They need to let that kid go.

Roman529
01-26-2007, 08:24 PM
This "sucks." Get it? :wink:

tucker
01-26-2007, 08:29 PM
horrible story and most likely he wont get out early which is quite disturbing

ih8brady
01-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Blue laws = :shakeno:

Quelonio
01-27-2007, 06:31 AM
WOW... i mean, there has to be some kind of loophole, this is too stupid of a law to be so perfectly guarded.

DonShula84
01-27-2007, 06:42 AM
it was a misdemeanor for teenagers less than three years apart to have sexual intercourse, but a felony for the same kids to have oral sex

Maybe it's late but is this saying that if she was 14 and not 15, thus being 3 years apart, it would have been fine? I'm having trouble grasping the reasons for this law in the first place. Oral Sex between teenages less than 3 years apart (why 3??) is a felony? Seems like it should be more than 3 years apart if anything so a 17 year old isnt hooking up with a 13 year old. And why in the world would a jury not nulify in this situation as a last ditch effort after the judge and prosecuture proved to be complete morons?

He looked at the forewoman. She was crying, seeming to understand they'd just undone a promising future. Indeed, when the jurors found out there was a 10-year mandatory minimum sentence, several were incensed. The prosecution told them to write a letter, then moved on to the next case.

Douglas County District Attorney David McDade, who likes to wear an American flag on his lapel and play to his law-and-order-loving base, dangled plea bargains. The other boys didn't want to risk a jury, and one by one each took an offer and went to prison, including the other football player arrested, Narada Williams, who accepted five years with the possibility of parole.
In Douglas County, according to law professors following the case, admitting sins and begging forgiveness -- not insisting on your innocence -- is the road to mercy. Williams is already out of jail, in part because McDade wrote a letter to the parole board, praising Williams for being the first to plead guilty and "take his medicine." As for Wilson, McDade called him a "martyr" in the media.

"We can set aside his sentence," Barker says. "Legally, it's still possible for us to set aside his sentence and give him a new sentence to a lesser charge. But it's up to us. He has no control over it."
The position of Barker and the district attorney, McDade, who refused to comment, is that Wilson is guilty under the law and there is no room for mercy, though the facts seem to say they simply chose not to give it to Wilson. At the same time this trial was under way, a local high school teacher, a white female, was found guilty of having a sexual relationship with a student -- a true case of child molestation. The teacher received 90 days. Wilson received 3,650 days.

The DA should be shot, unbelievable.

The first time the Supreme Court voted on Genarlow's case, it was 4-3. The four judges who voted against the black teen were white. The three judges who voted for him were black.

I wonder why Georgia gets a bad rap as being racist...

DonShula84
01-27-2007, 07:06 AM
wow...what crap.

based on the previous post, a pardon from the president will probably be the only way this gets cleared up.

Actually the article says the DA's office can throw out the sentence/reduce it any time they want.

Timmy54
01-27-2007, 09:11 AM
There are a ton of horrible laws in this country but this has to be the worst. I first off dont think sex between kids within 3 years should be anything, then on top of that he is getting time, regardless of the oral or full sex, this is horrible use of the judicial system. wow

Silverphin
01-27-2007, 10:04 AM
well i had been waiting for this thread cause i hating making threads myself. but for some reason, either its gone unnoticed or just no one gives a damn. but every since i heard this story a couple years ago or so on TV, i could never understand why it wasnt a huge deal everywhere. and it still seems to be just the back news.

Former homecoming king, with a 3.2 GPA. a 17 year old male that recieves oral sex from a 15 year old. sentanced to 10 years in prison. for what you say?

thats not even the worse thing, they realized how wrong this law was, STILL prosecuted him for it, then after, CHANGED the law, BUT!

what the **** is wrong here?

one of the worst parts of this is the girl first said she was raped because she didnt want her father or family thinkin she would have sex with a black male, then when a friend of the girl came forward and said that was false that she told him that he didnt rape her, then they decided, well, i cant get him for raping this white girl, so lets go after the next best thing. a 10.year .sentence.for.receiving.consensual.oral.sex. from a girl 2 years younger when your 17.

the prosecutor an judge should be thrown in jail.

****in disgrace.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=Wilson

Bull****. ****ing bull ****!

Jaydog57
01-27-2007, 12:50 PM
That's crazy, all that 'cause she cried 'rape'. Sounds like a modern day 'Rosewood'.:rolleyes:

NJPHIN34
01-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Some of you may already know the story of Genarlow Wilson but for those that don't, please go to the link below to read about this awful interpretation of the law and the true social injustice that is stealing a promising man's young life.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson

I couldn't even believe this when I read it. In a world that has so much evil in it, it really is a complete shame that the people who are supposed to help stop that evil decide to focus on things like this. What makes it even more awful is that what this kid did was not so different than what many high school kids do and have done; it truly is a shame.

Although it's not much; you can click this link to sign a petition.

http://www.wilsonappeal.com/index.php

arsenal
01-29-2007, 09:31 PM
yeah i saw this... ****s sad...

PrepDogg
01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
That's friggin' crazy.

Green Ranger
01-29-2007, 10:33 PM
thats BSSSSS

the white teacher got 90 days....3 months!!!! thats ridiculous...and you know i was telling my fiance...its worse imo for the women to do it, because lets be real here people, women in this world, could really get some every day of the year....and alot of these teachers are good looking, so for them to STILL stoop down to have sexual relations with young boys is WORSE!!! its pathetic and absurd this girl knowingly and "whorishly" performed these acts on these young men...and they are punished...its sick. and you know...its a men vs women thing. if that teacher was a man and the student was a girl...he wouldnt have gotten 90 days...peoples heads would be rolling if he got less than 10 years, but sense the teacher was a women and the student was a boy...90 days and guess what?? its not talked about anymore, its forgotten...it sickens me, and i pray to god that this kid gets free'd like he deserves.

spydertl79
01-29-2007, 10:52 PM
How is justice being served here? He got a BJ from a slut who was two years younger then him while they were both DRUNK.

Jimi
01-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I signed the petition, not sure if it will actually do anything but o well. That really pissed me off...

Mike13
01-30-2007, 12:09 AM
The only thing I can say is wow this is the most insane, stupid, ****ed up thing that I have ever heard of.

@@@
01-30-2007, 07:30 AM
Saw this on the ESPN front page last week but assumed it was old news over there so didn't bother to post it but reading it was tragic, you'd think in circumstances like this some sort of common sense might be possible, completely ridiculous

Nappy Roots
06-11-2007, 08:48 PM
some good news finally after him serving 27 months.

Former recruit's 10-year prison sentence voided (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2900569)

The 10-year prison sentence of former Atlanta-area high school athlete and honor student Genarlow Wilson, who was the subject of an ESPN.com E-ticket (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson) in January, was voided on Monday by a Georgia judge. Wilson's attorney, B.J. Bernstein, told ESPN.com that she is attempting to have him released as soon as possible, which would put an end to a long legal battle.
:clapping:

Silverphin
06-11-2007, 08:51 PM
some good news finally after him serving 27 months.

Former recruit's 10-year prison sentence voided (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2900569)

:clapping:

Thank goodness.

rafael
06-12-2007, 12:57 AM
I can't believe the State is challenging the appeal. Are they worried that they haven't got enough bad publicity associated with their backwards legal system?

I'm still shocked that the prosecutor had the nerve to argue that Wilson should have agreed to be labeled a child molestor for the rest of his life. I had hoped that the stupidity was limited to just his office, but it would seem that in light of the challenge by the appelate division my hopes have been dashed.

PhinzN703
06-12-2007, 01:23 AM
thats BSSSSS

the white teacher got 90 days....3 months!!!! thats ridiculous...and you know i was telling my fiance...its worse imo for the women to do it, because lets be real here people, women in this world, could really get some every day of the year....and alot of these teachers are good looking, so for them to STILL stoop down to have sexual relations with young boys is WORSE!!! its pathetic and absurd this girl knowingly and "whorishly" performed these acts on these young men...and they are punished...its sick. and you know...its a men vs women thing. if that teacher was a man and the student was a girl...he wouldnt have gotten 90 days...peoples heads would be rolling if he got less than 10 years, but sense the teacher was a women and the student was a boy...90 days and guess what?? its not talked about anymore, its forgotten...it sickens me, and i pray to god that this kid gets free'd like he deserves.

I'd imagine that a man would get into more trouble for banging an underaged girl rather then the opposite.

MelbournePhin
06-12-2007, 09:49 AM
pretty f'd up