PDA

View Full Version : A Round of Applause To The Jacksonville Jaguars

Da 'Fins
01-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Let's give a big hand to the Jaguars for taking Mike Shula off the table as a potential QB coach for the Dolphins. In my view it's addition by subtraction (though he was not on the Dolphins).

If we get Carmichael or possibly Zampese - we'll be much better off.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Vertical Limit
01-26-2007, 03:24 PM
It's not a big loss. I'm glad he's not staying with us, no offense, but Mike isn't that great of a coach.

PMZQ
01-26-2007, 03:25 PM
It's not a big loss. I'm glad he's not staying with us, no offense, but Mike isn't that great of a coach.

Staying with us ? He hasn't been a Dolphins coach in 5 years. :rolleyes:

dlockz
01-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Let's give a big hand to the Jaguars for taking Mike Shula off the table as a potential QB coach for the Dolphins. In my view it's addition by subtraction (though he was not on the Dolphins).

From all acounts Shula did a very good job as Qb coach here so I dont get how he would have been a bad hie at that job.

IluvJuMiami
01-26-2007, 03:28 PM

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

LennMack
01-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Be careful when you bring this subject up. Some real rabid Shula fans out there. Some thought he should be the head coach. Him going to Jaks is by far the best thing for him so he can prove he can make it somewhere other that his Fathers team

dlockz
01-26-2007, 03:31 PM
[quote=LennMack;1061737985]Be careful when you bring this subject up. Some real rabid Shula fans out there. Some thought he should be the head coach. Him going to Jaks is by far the best thing for him so he can prove he can make it somewhere other that his Fathers team.

Hell if Jason Garret can be considered as a head coach why not lol.

ajbaggott
01-26-2007, 03:33 PM
yeah i dont mind see him go there and try and figure out what qb they going to have good luck with that in my mind they should keep leftwitch as there started he at the potenital to be real good

finyank13
01-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Be careful when you bring this subject up. Some real rabid Shula fans out there. Some thought he should be the head coach. Him going to Jaks is by far the best thing for him so he can prove he can make it somewhere other that his Fathers team

I dont care about rabid shula fans, he sux, Don always will have a special place in my heart, but what am I supposed to kiss his rear cuz he's Don son, forget about, the guy is a washout..................

VT Dolphan
01-26-2007, 03:43 PM
I guess I just don't understand what qualifies somebody as a good quarterbacks coach. Why exactly was Jason Garrett such a hot commodity? Our quarterback play has been horrible the past couple years. Granted there wasn't a whole lot of talent, but I don't think Garrett could have made that great an impact.

As for Shula, I don't really care that Jacksonville signed him. Bring in a QB coach that has actually raised good QB's such as Zampese or Carmichael.

djphinfan
01-26-2007, 03:58 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: your opinion is very disrepectful,how are you even qualified to make such acessments,you need to learn the word humility,something that seems to be lacking in your opinion.

jdang307
01-26-2007, 04:04 PM
why does he have to be qualified to make an "acessment" you said it yourself, it's his OPINION. And I don't see how the word humility is relevant here, he wasn't pretentious or immodest. Are you sure you've learned the word humility?

dlockz
01-26-2007, 04:05 PM
your opinion is very disrepectful,how are you even qualified to make such acessments,you need to learn the word humility,something that seems to be lacking in your opinion.

Well obviosly the Jags though enough of him to hire him and I am sure that has alot to do with more than his last name.

ADDiKT
01-26-2007, 04:08 PM
your opinion is very disrepectful,how are you even qualified to make such acessments,you need to learn the word humility,something that seems to be lacking in your opinion.

Waaaa Waaaa:boohoo: Waaaa Waaaa

Someone said something somewhat anti-shula

djphinfan
01-26-2007, 04:09 PM
why does he have to be qualified to make an "acessment" you said it yourself, it's his OPINION. And I don't see how the word humility is relevant here, he wasn't pretentious or immodest. Are you sure you've learned the word humility?your opinion means nothing,your JUST a fan.

So if your going to have an opinion about people then do it with class,if you can't do it with some class then you will take some heat.

finyank13
01-26-2007, 04:10 PM

Hey Homer-Guy stop living in the past, and starting thinking what we need to better ourselves in the future, forget Shula, the guy rots, good job jax taking him, u just got worse................so tired of Mike "Freaking" Shula..........

ADDiKT
01-26-2007, 04:11 PM
your opinion means nothing,your JUST a fan.

So if your going to have an opinion about people then do it with class,if you can't do it with some class then you will take some heat.

OMG.... Don, is that you? Mr. Shula, I am a big fan. I am so thankful for all you did with the Dolphins. You will always have a special place in my heart. OMG, I'm gonna cry...

djphinfan
01-26-2007, 04:13 PM

Someone said something somewhat anti-shula

Waaaa Waaaa:boohoo: Waaaa Waaaaare'nt you the one who spent a few minutes draging down smiley faces that clap,,whats the matter did mike steal your girlfriend or something,,how about some analysis as to why your so giddy that mike shula is not coaching here

jdang307
01-26-2007, 04:13 PM
your opinion means nothing,your JUST a fan.

Don't get mad because you didn't use the word humility right. Classless, well that's your opinion of the original poster. But what did you just say about opinions? :wink:

ADDiKT
01-26-2007, 04:16 PM
are'nt you the one who spent a few minutes draging down smiley faces that clap,,whats the matter did mike steal your girlfriend or something,,how about some analysis as to why your so giddy that mike shula is not coaching here

Is that where my girlfriend has been? With Mike Shula? GRRRR I HATE HER! :fire:

chrisnnavarre
01-26-2007, 04:21 PM

And if Camerons arse fails to go 10 and 6 and at least make it to the playoffs I'll be the first one to throw his sorry arse under the bus and invite Shula back. As will lots of other fans in Miami.

djphinfan
01-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Don't get mad because you didn't use the word humility right. Classless, well that's your opinion of the original poster. But what did you just say about opinions? :wink:if your going to BASH people than expect to be bashed without cryin about it,i'am not bias to mike shula, but i do know that i'am not qualified enough to be disrepectful in my opinion about him,,and if i am going to take such a stance against someone i should know what i'am talking about before i do it in a way thats harsh.

djphinfan
01-26-2007, 04:27 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:nice one star thread buddy.

ADDiKT
01-26-2007, 04:28 PM
I hate to be redundant but....

Waaaa Waaa Waaa Waaa

chrisnnavarre
01-26-2007, 04:28 PM
And if Camerons arse fails to go 10 and 6 and at least make it to the playoffs I'll be the first one to throw his sorry arse under the bus and invite Shula back. As will lots of other fans in Miami.

Remember Shula is only just up the road..so if Cameron does fail....and Shula does well in Jacksonville....he'll get the nod next to coach in Miami.

As a matter of fact if Cameron has a losing season next year the fans will be rabid.

I hope Cameron does well, we need to start winning. I'm tired of taking crap from Pats and Bills fans. Saban's creature Mularkey still in the mix doesn't bid well for him I'm afraid. So Shula may be back in the future.

djphinfan
01-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Remember Shula is only just up the road..so if Cameron does fail....and Shula does well in Jacksonville....he'll get the nod next to coach in Miami.

As a matter of fact if Cameron has a losing season next year the fans will be rabid.

I hope Cameron does well, we need to start winning. I'm tired of taking crap from Pats and Bills fans. Saban's creature Mularkey still in the mix doesn't bid well for him I'm afraid. So Shula may be back in the future.Thats a good point

ADDiKT
01-26-2007, 04:31 PM
hu·mil·i·ty [hyoo-mil-i-tee or, often, yoo-] –noun the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.
—Synonyms lowliness, meekness, submissiveness.
—Antonyms pride.

djphinfan
01-26-2007, 04:39 PM
hu·mil·i·ty [hyoo-mil-i-tee or, often, yoo-]–noun the quality or condition of being humble; modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance, rank, etc.
—Synonyms lowliness, meekness, submissiveness.
—Antonyms pride.thank you for making my point!!,,read the the first post again addikt and tell me that it does'nt lacks humulity..

ADDiKT
01-26-2007, 04:41 PM
thank you for making my point!!,,read the the first post again addikt and tell me that it lacks humulity..

I can't right now, I am looking for my girlfriend and I have some inside info that she is with Mike Shula!

djphinfan
01-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I can't right now, I am looking for my girlfriend and I have some inside info that she is with Mike Shula!thats pretty funny,,

MoneyBrown
01-26-2007, 05:16 PM
thats pretty funny,,

EXACTLY....just as is Mike Shula....a Joke...a really, really, bad joke

LarryFinFan
01-26-2007, 06:12 PM

I seriously doubt that Mike Shula has to be too worried about following in his fathers footsteps. There are only a handful of coaches (head coaches or position coaches), that can live up to his standard. If Mike is that concerned about that, he's worse off than anyone expects.

Daddy was a coach from a different era that wouldn't be nearly as successful in this day and age, but that doesn't take away his achievements as a coach.

Either way, Mike is no longer considered a factor, but that doesn't necessarily mean he won't be successful. He won't have an opportunity in the future to interview because he's Don's son, but because of what he does on the field.

chrisnnavarre
01-26-2007, 06:29 PM
I seriously doubt that Mike Shula has to be too worried about following in his fathers footsteps. There are only a handful of coaches (head coaches or position coaches), that can live up to his standard. If Mike is that concerned about that, he's worse off than anyone expects.

Daddy was a coach from a different era that wouldn't be nearly as successful in this day and age, but that doesn't take away his achievements as a coach.

Either way, Mike is no longer considered a factor, but that doesn't necessarily mean he won't be successful. He won't have an opportunity in the future to interview because he's Don's son, but because of what he does on the field.

On the field Shula as a head coach is already ahead of Cam Cameron...

At Alabama Shula was 26 wins and 23 loses while rebuilding a roster depleted by NCAA sanctions.

Cameron on the other hand was a miserable 18 wins and 37 loses at Indiana.

P.S. Shula's schedules in the SEC were alot harder as well, i.e. he wasn't compteting with the likes of Ball State, Southern Illinois, Connecticut, and Purdue... he was playing LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Auburn.... hell in that conference even Vanderbilt, Mississippi, and Mississippi State can beat you on any given day.

Mike13
01-26-2007, 11:15 PM

Great ****ing logic there pal.:rolleyes2

WestCKoastiN
01-26-2007, 11:53 PM

well said.

djphinfan
01-27-2007, 01:14 AM
EXACTLY....just as is Mike Shula....a Joke...a really, really, bad jokeyou really think you know what your talking about huh,,,you have such conviction about it i guess i will digress.