PDA

View Full Version : For fans of great guitar playing.

Pagan
01-27-2007, 11:50 AM
G3: First Dates Announced

The first dates have been announced for the 2007 incarnation of Joe Satriani's popular G3 tour, which will kick off on March 14 in Phoenix, starring Satriani, John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert. The tour will play selected dates in North America throughout March and April. The first dates are as follows:

Mar. 14 - Dodge Theatre - Phoenix, AZ
Mar. 15 - House Of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
Mar. 16 - Grand Sierra Theatre - Reno, NV
Mar. 17 - Berkeley Community Theatre - Berkeley, CA
Mar. 18 - Orpheum Theatre - Los Angeles, CA

Jaydog57
01-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I saw the G3 show in '03 with Yngwie, Steve Vai, and Satriani. It was awesome! The best was at the end when they all came out and jammed together. It was guitar heaven :pray: :rockon:

Den54
01-27-2007, 09:31 PM
I saw the G3 show in '03 with Yngwie, Steve Vai, and Satriani. It was awesome! The best was at the end when they all came out and jammed together. It was guitar heaven :pray: :rockon:

I was at The Guitar Center today with my son getting a new case for his ESP.
They had the G3 with Satch, Vai and Eric Johnson playing on all the tv's.
I used to go to all the Satriani concerts back in the 80's and early 90's.
My first Satch concert was at the Tupperware Convention Center Kissimmee FL circa 89. The Flying In A Blue Dream Tour.

Roman529
01-27-2007, 09:53 PM
I liked that movie called Crossroads with Ralph Maccio and Steve Vai in the mid-80's, and Satriani's Surfing With the Alien is an awesome CD.

Jaydog57
01-28-2007, 04:09 PM
I liked that movie called Crossroads with Ralph Maccio and Steve Vai in the mid-80's, and Satriani's Surfing With the Alien is an awesome CD.Yeah,Vai actually played ALL the parts, then went on to take the role as the bad guy. :cool:

d-day
01-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah,Vai actually played ALL the parts, then went on to take the role as the bad guy. :cool:

actually ry cooder played most the parts in the movie, including the beginning blues part of eugene's cutting heads scene but the rest of steve vai's solo in hell was ridiculous

Jaydog57
01-28-2007, 07:21 PM
actually ry cooder played most the parts in the movie, including the beginning blues part of eugene's cutting heads scene but the rest of steve vai's solo in hell was ridiculous Wow, didn't know that, thanks for the info. Was just listening to the Cooder song, "Tattler", from the 'Paradise and Lunch' CD :peace:

d-day
01-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow, didn't know that, thanks for the info. Was just listening to the Cooder song, "Tattler", from the 'Paradise and Lunch' CD :peace:

steve was so frikken cool in that movie - i love when he drops his guitar and walks off the stage after he blows it - btw - what you think of the cd i sent ya? maybe you should answer me in the van halen thread lol