PDA

View Full Version : FireFox?

HysterikiLL
01-29-2007, 02:11 AM
I know a lot of you guys use FireFox on here. I've never used it because I've always been happy with IE but I just downloaded the new IE and it is ****ing horrible so I was wondering if you guys could give me some info as to whether FireFox is worth downloading and what not?

Mucho gracis!

Roman529
01-29-2007, 02:14 AM
I downloaded Firefox through Mozilla....It works pretty good....sometimes it is a little faster than IE, but most of the time it is about the same.

d-day
01-29-2007, 02:19 AM
I know a lot of you guys use FireFox on here. I've never used it because I've always been happy with IE but I just downloaded the new IE and it is ****ing horrible so I was wondering if you guys could give me some info as to whether FireFox is worth downloading and what not?

Mucho gracis!

i switched and love it, dj - there's a thread here in the lounge too, about how to speed it the f up - errything is warpdrive for me now

sup, moon

King Felix
01-29-2007, 02:19 AM
yeah get it then read this thread

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=176058

d-day
01-29-2007, 02:22 AM
yeah get it then read this thread

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=176058

i thought that was yo'r thread, cowboy - it's insane how much faster i rip through these forums because of it - thanx again

lol - feels like the ol' 3am thread

Roman529
01-29-2007, 02:24 AM
i switched and love it, dj - there's a thread here in the lounge too, about how to speed it the f up - errything is warpdrive for me now

sup, moon

Wassup Cyrus.....I saw pics of you and some of the FH crew at some tailgaters. Man I wish I could make it to Miami. :tongue:

d-day
01-29-2007, 02:26 AM
Wassup Cyrus.....I saw pics of you and some of the FH crew at some tailgaters. Man I wish I could make it to Miami. :tongue:

maybe next year - we've had people come from all over for these things - megatron came all the way from vancouver, ffic from cali, lappy from winnepeg... etc

King Felix
01-29-2007, 02:26 AM
i thought that was yo'r thread, cowboy - it's insane how much faster i rip through these forums because of it - thanx again

lol - feels like the ol' 3am threadyeah it makes it alot faster...

haha it does have that feel

HysterikiLL
01-29-2007, 03:46 AM
many many thank you's, my fellow crew-crew. I'm going to download it, use cowboy aka culpepper2injuredreserve's tip and I'll be doing the shoop shoop white man one step like it aint no thing. :dance: *tips hat*

unifiedtheory
01-29-2007, 04:51 AM
I've used Firefox for 3 years. The only reason I even have IE installed on my machine is for website testing purposes...

To be honest, in my opinion, the new IE is not too bad. It's WAY better then the old one/ That said, nothing is better then Firefox.

Toneboy
01-29-2007, 04:55 AM
Love it - becomes even better when you can add your choice of extensions onto it.

Bruzer
01-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Been using firefox for a very long time also I can't stand internet explorer.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-29-2007, 09:52 AM
the new IE is pretty much stealing a lot of ideas from firefox. personally i think the new IE is far better than the old one. FAR better. but firefox is even better. :D

Motion
01-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Been using firefox for a very long time also I can't stand internet explorer.

:yeahthat:

Amars
01-29-2007, 01:12 PM
:firefox:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-29-2007, 01:35 PM
i gotta say though, these nifty username colorizations and stuff are great, and you can't see them in firefox.

Bruzer
01-29-2007, 01:53 PM
eh a small name color difference isn't worth the pain of popups and viruses i constantly got with internet explorer where as firefox i don't get any problems at all.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
:refuse: maybe for you, but i paid like 400 bucks for the glow.

JSwerdy
01-29-2007, 02:55 PM
the tricks actually slowed my firefox down, is it possible these tricks dont work well with the mac version?

JSwerdy
01-29-2007, 03:00 PM
nevermind, i had one of those add ons installed thats supposed to up firefox speed and i think it was conflicting with these settings, i disabled the add on and now its blazing, thanks for the tip

bullseyeguy
01-29-2007, 03:01 PM
i gotta say though, these nifty username colorizations and stuff are great, and you can't see them in firefox.I can see the different colors and I run FF, is there something other than colored usernames for VIPers?
Firefox is the new pot, all the cool people are doing it....

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-29-2007, 03:03 PM
with the new vBucks you can buy colored fonts and usertitles and add glows. my name is orange with a blue glow, it's awesome. :D

CharlestonPhan
01-29-2007, 03:25 PM
FF rules... i keep IE for work, b/c i work from he home and the interface ihave to use is optimized for IE, and locks up on any other browser for some reason.

DrAstroZoom
01-29-2007, 04:16 PM
I was always an IE fan ... until I started using Firefox. Wow.

HysterikiLL
01-29-2007, 04:19 PM
thanks for the comments guys. I'm about to download it now..

Motion
01-29-2007, 04:21 PM
I can see the different colors and I run FF, is there something other than colored usernames for VIPers?
Firefox is the new pot, all the cool people are doing it....

Can you see the "Glow" around Fin Kat and I's usernames?

Alex44
01-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Use Avant Browser, its way better than IE or FF (its free also)

FF sucks btw.

Bruzer
01-29-2007, 04:27 PM

FF sucks btw.

Why exactly does it suck? I haven't had a single problem with it. Most sites now support it and its third most popular browser last I checked.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-29-2007, 04:28 PM

FF sucks btw.
:lol: avant is terrible.

Maynard the Hammer
01-29-2007, 04:28 PM

FF sucks btw.:rolleyes2

Alex44
01-29-2007, 04:31 PM
:lol: avant is terrible.

Avant is faster, more organized, and all around better than FF or IE. I dont know what your talking about or what version you have tried.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-29-2007, 04:38 PM
first of all, avant is basically from the same engine as IE, so the differences are mostly visual. it has tabs like IE and FF, and looks and feels a LOT like Opera. from what i've seen, it's basically just IE + Opera in one. FF is better than both. :D

i dont know how it's more "organized" since organization is basically how the user makes it. FF has so many more extensions and limitless customizability. clearly better than avant or IE or whatever.

Maynard the Hammer
01-29-2007, 04:45 PM
first of all, avant is basically from the same engine as IE, so the differences are mostly visual. it has tabs like IE and FF, and looks and feels a LOT like Opera. from what i've seen, it's basically just IE + Opera in one. FF is better than both. :D

i dont know how it's more "organized" since organization is basically how the user makes it. FF has so many more extensions and limitless customizability. clearly better than avant or IE or whatever.yeah sites look like they are loaded by IE 7. imo, pages, especially finheaven looks way better on firefox

i think some people dont mind IE and would like some changes and others have always hated IE and when they found FF it was like finding a long lost lover :lol:. im in the second category

Alex44
01-29-2007, 04:51 PM
yeah sites look like they are loaded by IE 7. imo, pages, especially finheaven looks way better on firefox

i think some people dont mind IE and would like some changes and others have always hated IE and when they found FF it was like finding a long lost lover :lol:. im in the second category

Im neither....

I've always hated IE, then I found firefox and didnt like it either.

Better than IE? Yes.

Amazing? No.

Maynard the Hammer
01-29-2007, 04:55 PM
good for you :up:

Maynard the Hammer
01-29-2007, 05:00 PM
also, im not sure how you can claim to have always hated IE, yet your favorite browser is based on it or at least a hybrid of it

bullseyeguy
01-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Can you see the "Glow" around Fin Kat and I's usernames?I looked at it in IE to see what you were talking about, no I cant see the glow in FF...

DrAstroZoom
01-29-2007, 05:35 PM
GEEK FIGHT! GEEK FIGHT! :eat:

Maynard the Hammer
01-29-2007, 05:47 PM
I looked at it in IE to see what you were talking about, no I cant see the glow in FF...no i cant either. i guess thats minus one point for firefox :boohoo:

d-day
01-29-2007, 06:07 PM
no i cant either. i guess thats minus one point for firefox :boohoo:

not unless you don't want to see everyones usernames glowing. +1 for firefox

Shula Come Back!
01-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Firefox also seems more secure because a lot of spyware and garbage attaches itself to IE. Just download it for free man and try it out. You can always use both! I am definitely a Firefox fan though!

unluckyluciano
01-29-2007, 06:34 PM
For the new IE I know if you are doing things like web design it can be a bit of a pain in the butt. But if your just surfing it is alright. I prefer FF, it is more secure and supposed to be less likely to pick up spyware,viruses etc. At least thats the word around the computer science building. All I know.