PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360

SpurzN703
01-29-2007, 02:28 PM
I just got the 360 this past weekend. I rented Madden 07 just to see what it's like. I'm impressed.

Any opinions as to which games are the best on this system?

Motion
01-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Gears of War
Rainbow 6
Saints Row

UltraDol-Fan
01-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Oblivion also if you like RPG's

Nappy Roots
01-29-2007, 02:40 PM
whats RPGs?

Motion
01-29-2007, 02:42 PM
whats RPGs?

Role Playing Games

Predaphin
01-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Rainbow six is my favorite 360 game

DisturbedShifty
01-29-2007, 02:56 PM
F.E.A.R.
Lost Planet

Agent51
01-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I just got the 360 this past weekend. I rented Madden 07 just to see what it's like. I'm impressed.

Well I own the following games:

Madden '07
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Test Drive: Unlimited
Dead Rising
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Fight Night: Round 3
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
the 3 Burger Kind Games (:lol:)

The games on my list to buy when I have time are:

Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Gears of War

I'd say it's all up to what you like. I'm not a huge action/shooter/FPS guy, mainly because I never have enough time to sit down and get into them, but all the ones I own or plan on buying are GREAT games.

Madden is a given. Even though tons of crap annoys the hell out of me in the 360 version, I'm a diehard football fan and it's a football game (I never liked the NFL 2K/ESPN series anyway, so it not being available is a moot point for me, cuz I woulda bought Madden either way).

Condemned is an EXCELLENT game if you like the horror-type games like Silent Hill and the like.

Tony Hawk is always good, but at the same time, it IS Tony Hawk, it's more of the same, but "the same" has always been great, and I've bought every THPS since the first one.

Dead Rising is SUPER fun, you just run around and kill millions of zombies. It's very "hack n slash", like Diablo but without all that "magic" crap, so maybe it's more like State of Emergency but not crappy, lol.

Fight Night 3 is STILL one of, if not THE, best-looking games on the 360, which says a lot since it's a launch game.

Test Drive is pretty fun. You create a character and fly to Oahu (the Hawai'ian Island I live on :rocker:) and you buy cars and houses and do all sorts of cool stuff on a "satellite-mapped" Island of Oahu. It is SUPPOSED to be 100% accurate, which the roadas pretty much are, but the scenery itself isn't. It gives you that feel of Hawai'i, but it's definately not accurate. Still a fun game though, you can auction your cars online and other XBL users can bid on em, all sorts of cool stuff. Plus they have accurately recreated the interiors of every car in the game, no more generic interiors. There are 90+ cars too, anywhere from a VW Golf up to a Ferrari all the way up to a McLaren F1. Plus motorcycles.

Ghost Recon is another great game. If you like the genre then you can't go wrong with it.

The BK games, well, they are $4 so you can probably guess how they are. Although I will say that the Pocket Bike Racer one is REALLY fun. I hated Sneak King, and I have yet to put the bumper car one into my machine.

Nappy Roots
01-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Role Playing Games

which are what exactly?

Mindwarp
01-29-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/01/Oblivion762892-1.jpg

Mindwarp
01-29-2007, 03:11 PM
games like that ^^

Motion
01-29-2007, 03:15 PM
which are what exactly?

Games where you play a role. :tongue:

Alot of storyline games could be considered RPG's. Alot of people have different definitions of the different genres. Action, Adventure, and RPG are all pretty similar IMO. Games like Oblivion, God of War, MGS, etc...

Even some Shooters are really RPG's, like COD, Medal of Honor, Gears, etc....

Nappy Roots
01-29-2007, 03:16 PM
games like that ^^

hmmmm....seems cool

might have to check it out.

banzaitrey
01-29-2007, 03:37 PM
I have Gears of War, Madden 2007, Ridge Racer, Rainbow Six Vegas, and College Bball 2k6...To be honest with you...Im not much of a Gears of Wars fan...I play Rainbow Six and Madden everyday...I wish that I would not have even bought Gears of War or I could sell it for a good price...Anyone want to buy it...only played like 3 times lol

SpurzN703
01-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Well I own the following games:

Madden '07
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Test Drive: Unlimited
Dead Rising
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Fight Night: Round 3
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
the 3 Burger Kind Games (:lol:)

The games on my list to buy when I have time are:

Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Gears of War

I'd say it's all up to what you like. I'm not a huge action/shooter/FPS guy, mainly because I never have enough time to sit down and get into them, but all the ones I own or plan on buying are GREAT games.

Madden is a given. Even though tons of crap annoys the hell out of me in the 360 version, I'm a diehard football fan and it's a football game (I never liked the NFL 2K/ESPN series anyway, so it not being available is a moot point for me, cuz I woulda bought Madden either way).

Condemned is an EXCELLENT game if you like the horror-type games like Silent Hill and the like.

Tony Hawk is always good, but at the same time, it IS Tony Hawk, it's more of the same, but "the same" has always been great, and I've bought every THPS since the first one.

Dead Rising is SUPER fun, you just run around and kill millions of zombies. It's very "hack n slash", like Diablo but without all that "magic" crap, so maybe it's more like State of Emergency but not crappy, lol.

Fight Night 3 is STILL one of, if not THE, best-looking games on the 360, which says a lot since it's a launch game.

Test Drive is pretty fun. You create a character and fly to Oahu (the Hawai'ian Island I live on :rocker:) and you buy cars and houses and do all sorts of cool stuff on a "satellite-mapped" Island of Oahu. It is SUPPOSED to be 100% accurate, which the roadas pretty much are, but the scenery itself isn't. It gives you that feel of Hawai'i, but it's definately not accurate. Still a fun game though, you can auction your cars online and other XBL users can bid on em, all sorts of cool stuff. Plus they have accurately recreated the interiors of every car in the game, no more generic interiors. There are 90+ cars too, anywhere from a VW Golf up to a Ferrari all the way up to a McLaren F1. Plus motorcycles.

Ghost Recon is another great game. If you like the genre then you can't go wrong with it.

The BK games, well, they are $4 so you can probably guess how they are. Although I will say that the Pocket Bike Racer one is REALLY fun. I hated Sneak King, and I have yet to put the bumper car one into my machine.

Thanks for the heads up man. I appreciate your effort in giving me some ideas :wink:

I need to try more games then I play. I'm usually just an EA Sports kinda guy, with a little of Grand Theft Autos and True Crimes mixed in. My dad loves the war type games, but he only has PS2 (with an HD TV though).

I will broaden my horizons slowly. XBox, a Mem Card and the warranty took 400 out of my wallet.

SpurzN703
01-29-2007, 03:40 PM

Alot of storyline games could be considered RPG's. Alot of people have different definitions of the different genres. Action, Adventure, and RPG are all pretty similar IMO. Games like Oblivion, God of War, MGS, etc...

:lol:

I didnt know what the heck RPG's were either

Dol-Fan Dupree
01-29-2007, 03:41 PM

yea, now games are a lot bigger than, "The president has been kidnapped, is there anyone BAD enough to save him" story lines of the past.

VanDolPhan
01-29-2007, 04:16 PM

Did you notice any periods of lag/freeze ups with yours?

Mine's incredibly jerkey. Lag going from one menu to another at times. During the game after a play it might pause for a good 4-5 seconds before bringing up the play calling screen.

Really annoying beyond the usual Madden annoyances.

Yet the damn thing cuts through Gears of War like butter along with everything else. Just wondering if it's my system having the issues or most everyone's.

Fresh
01-29-2007, 06:23 PM
-NBA 2k7
-Rainbow Six: Vegas
-Call Of Duty 3
-Gears Of War
-NFS: Carbon

patinthehat
01-30-2007, 05:10 AM
I have Gears of War, Madden 2007, Ridge Racer, Rainbow Six Vegas, and College Bball 2k6...To be honest with you...Im not much of a Gears of Wars fan...I play Rainbow Six and Madden everyday...I wish that I would not have even bought Gears of War or I could sell it for a good price...Anyone want to buy it...only played like 3 times lol

I'd be up for buying it at a good price! PM me with what you want to sell it for and we can deal :)

TheMageGandalf
01-30-2007, 11:04 AM
What?

No love for the Call of Duty games?

If your into WWII shooters or war games in general you can't miss either of the 2 COD games.

I agree with Agent, Condemned is awesome and I'll add F.E.A.R to that as well. Very good games.

Hitman: Blood Money is a great game. It was the first game I bought for the 360 and I didnt play anything else until I beat it, it was that good for me.

Of course you have the usual Gears, RB6 Vegas, Oblivion which are must haves for the 360 in general.

Dead Rising is very fun as well and Saints Row is a great game in its own right until GTA4 comes out.

SpurzN703
01-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Did you notice any periods of lag/freeze ups with yours?

Mine's incredibly jerkey. Lag going from one menu to another at times. During the game after a play it might pause for a good 4-5 seconds before bringing up the play calling screen.

Really annoying beyond the usual Madden annoyances.

Yet the damn thing cuts through Gears of War like butter along with everything else. Just wondering if it's my system having the issues or most everyone's.

Not yet I haven't. I did hear about that before. I wonder if it's just a few unlucky guys who have that problem or if it's a bigger thing. I sure hope not

ac_lanham
01-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Fight Night Round 3 is a damn good game for 360 AND they just lowered the price on it too!

Firesole
01-30-2007, 02:14 PM
What?

If your into WWII shooters or war games in general you can't miss either of the 2 COD games.

I agree with Agent, Condemned is awesome and I'll add F.E.A.R to that as well. Very good games.

Hitman: Blood Money is a great game. It was the first game I bought for the 360 and I didnt play anything else until I beat it, it was that good for me.

Of course you have the usual Gears, RB6 Vegas, Oblivion which are must haves for the 360 in general.

Dead Rising is very fun as well and Saints Row is a great game in its own right until GTA4 comes out.

I used to play all of the WWII games on PC before I got into console games. But since I've played R6 and GOW, I absolutely cannot stand the COD series on 360.

UltraDol-Fan
01-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Call of Duty 2 > Call of Duty 3 in my opionion

djfresh47
01-30-2007, 04:38 PM
I have COD 3 but haven't really played it much. Though sniping people is still the best part of the game.

Mike13
01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Gears of War
Lost Planet.

arsenal
01-30-2007, 05:31 PM
gears of war is dope, my favorite game... nhl2k7 i play like crazy too... i have rainbow six but haven't had time to really get into it yet but it seems dope...

id def get gears of war if i were you though...

DrewAlmighty
01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Fight Night Round 3 is a damn good game for 360 AND they just lowered the price on it too!

Yeah, I saw that. I think I'm going to pick it up this weekend.

But anyways, Gears of War is a must, it's insane. I also have Madden, NHL 07, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and Rainbow Six: Vegas. I reccomend all of them. I need to get further into Rainbow Six, I just beat the Mexican border, wasn't crazy about it, but now that I'm in Vegas its alot better.

Dors156
01-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Gears of War
Lost Planet.
my two favorite games to play

SpurzN703
02-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Rented gears of war this past weekend now. Game is pretty sick. I'd like to also try Hitman

Stitches
02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I am addicted to Oblivion at the moment.

SpurzN703
02-05-2007, 02:49 PM
I hate how the games cost so much. I might try the Blockbuster monthly rental shi* to see if that's better. Ugh I dunno

VanDolPhan
02-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I hate how the games cost so much. I might try the Blockbuster monthly rental shi* to see if that's better. Ugh I dunno

Yah but the trade in is usually pretty solid if you buy new and trade it in within the first couple months. Should try being in Canada where the games come to about $80cdn after taxes

Games I've had over time.

-Madden07 -(Last time I buy Madden until they fix a lot of the core elements and give a real draft instead of trying to force you to buy NCAA).

-Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - Fun but can be finished on a weekend so good rental. Multiplayer sucks as they abandoned the games style for it.

-Oblivion - Prepare to have it suck your life away. At last count I had roughly 140 hours put into it.

-Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires - Waste of time/money

-Gears of War - Absolutely drool worthy in high def

-Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 - Surprisingly fun and moves away from button mashing then most. Fix the GM mode, add a few more wrestlers and storylines and they got a near perfect wrestling game.

-Lego Star Wars 2 - Cute but couldn't hold my attention for long

-Gun - Honestly a different game and solid if you don't go in there expecting much.

Motion
02-05-2007, 05:22 PM

I use Gamefly. Its awesome!

SpurzN703
02-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I use Gamefly. Its awesome!

I'm using GF now too. I chose Hitman: Blood Money to try a few days ago and I don't like it. Not enough hands on type stuff to do.

So I went to Blockbuster and rented Saints Row. AWESOME A$$ game to say the very least :wink:

mor911
02-12-2007, 12:22 PM
I love SR

Motion
02-12-2007, 12:25 PM
SR is pretty sweet.

SpurzN703
02-12-2007, 03:24 PM
SR is hottness. I love the violence and cussing. I'm excited for Crackdown to come out too

Fresh
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
What?

I got COD3 for PS3 a few weeks ago, and I haven't played another game since.

That game is flat out amazing, and the capture the flag online is fun as hell........

The only thing is, it's not that nice in high def. NBA 2k7 is SICK in HD though.

brandon27
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Right now, my favorites are Rainbow 6 Vegas... this is a must have if you like shooters. NHL 07 is tons of fun, madden of course for your football fix, and Gears of War... i prefer Rainbow 6 better... but... theyre both pretty amazing to look at and play, i just prefer rainbow 6 vegas, its modern day setting and realism do it for me