PDA

View Full Version : Question for Music/Guitar Fans

Agent51
01-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Who made the "Rising Sun" guitar design famous?

As I said awhile ago, I'm doing a project in an art class where I am recreating famous guitar designs on plates. So far I have Randy Rhodes' polka-dot, Zakk Wylde's bullseye, and Eddie Van Halen's red guitar with white and black "tape" stripes done. I know the "rising sun" design isn't NEARLY as famous as those, but I am working with time limit's and plus it's glaze, not paint, so they can't be intricate designs (like some of Jimi Hendrix's guitars) because you need 3 or more coats of each color plus the colors change when fired, so shading and fading is not possible without knowing how the finished product will look.

The problem I'm having is I can't find who made the guitar famous. On each of these plates I have done the design on the top and outer part of the bottom, then on the inner part (inside the ring on the bottom of plates that actually touches the table) I have been recreating the guitarists' signature, so the plate is their guitar design and their signature. I've seen the Rising Sun design before, and it's in the Guitar Hero video games, but I can't find it on Google anywhere. I have seen it on those infomercials before, the ones that sell the CD sets of a certain era of music. I saw someone playing it onstage during the Animals "House of the Rising Sun", but I can't find any official confirmation on Google as to which of the guitarists it was.

So I'm asking for help, I need to know who made the guitar famous, or who USED the design, and maybe even where to find a picture of their signature.

d-day
01-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Who made the "Rising Sun" guitar design famous?

As I said awhile ago, I'm doing a project in an art class where I am recreating famous guitar designs on plates. So far I have Randy Rhodes' polka-dot, Zakk Wylde's bullseye, and Eddie Van Halen's red guitar with white and black "tape" stripes done. I know the "rising sun" design isn't NEARLY as famous as those, but I am working with time limit's and plus it's glaze, not paint, so they can't be intricate designs (like some of Jimi Hendrix's guitars) because you need 3 or more coats of each color plus the colors change when fired, so shading and fading is not possible without knowing how the finished product will look.

The problem I'm having is I can't find who made the guitar famous. On each of these plates I have done the design on the top and outer part of the bottom, then on the inner part (inside the ring on the bottom of plates that actually touches the table) I have been recreating the guitarists' signature, so the plate is their guitar design and their signature. I've seen the Rising Sun design before, and it's in the Guitar Hero video games, but I can't find it on Google anywhere. I have seen it on those infomercials before, the ones that sell the CD sets of a certain era of music. I saw someone playing it onstage during the Animals "House of the Rising Sun", but I can't find any official confirmation on Google as to which of the guitarists it was.

So I'm asking for help, I need to know who made the guitar famous, or who USED the design, and maybe even where to find a picture of their signature.

not sure who it is, but is hendrix on yo'r guitar hero game? i only say it because there was a project jimi was working on, up until he died, called first rays of the rising sun - he never finished it, but it was finally put together posthumously by billy cox, mitch mitchell and producer eddie kramer - hope that's a clue or helps

Agent51
01-29-2007, 03:09 PM
not sure who it is, but is hendrix on yo'r guitar hero game? i only say it because there was a project jimi was working on, up until he died, called first rays of the rising sun - he never finished it but it was finally put together posthumously by billy cox, mitch mitchell and producer eddie kramer - hope that's a clue or helps

Hendrix had a song in Guitar Hero 1, I can't remember which song though. He isn't in the second guitar hero game.

I looked up who all the guitarists have been for The Animals, who did the House of the Rising Sun song and who I saw in the clip playing the guitar live, but I came up with no hits for any of them actually playing the guitar for me to confirm which guy it was.

PrepDogg
01-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Hendrix had a song in Guitar Hero 1, I can't remember which song though. He isn't in the second guitar hero game.

I looked up who all the guitarists have been for The Animals, who did the House of the Rising Sun song and who I saw in the clip playing the guitar live, but I came up with no hits for any of them actually playing the guitar for me to confirm which guy it was.

It was "Spanish Castles in the Sand" that was in the first guitar hero game.

d-day
01-29-2007, 11:14 PM
It was "Spanish Castles in the Sand" that was in the first guitar hero game.

i think yo'r mixing 2 songs together - he wrote spanish castle magic and castles made of sand both off axis bold as love

PrepDogg
01-29-2007, 11:31 PM
i think yo'r mixing 2 songs together - he wrote spanish castle magic and castles made of sand both off axis bold as love

You're right it was Spanish Castle Magic. Good heads up 'ya caulk. :cooldude: