PDA

View Full Version : Cure for cancer found????

ASCII
01-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Thought I'd pass this on.....

http://media.www.studentprintz.com/media/storage/paper974/news/2007/01/23/Opinion/Scientists.Cure.Cancer.But.No.One.Takes.Notice-2667600.shtml

EDIT: Mod please correct my spelling in the title please!!

SCall13
01-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, that IS big news!

Mike13
01-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Its all about $$$.:shakeno: What happened to the hippocratic oath?

dolphinfan2k5
01-29-2007, 11:22 PM
For some reason it seems like that just can't be right, I really hope it is though!

Sethdaddy8
01-29-2007, 11:26 PM
i find that very hard to believe....canadian doctors...cmon:wink:

finfan01
01-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Well.......I think that it is extremely unlikely how this can be true because it has not been broadcast. the media would be all over this, but, apparently, it seems unreliable:confused2

Brown42000
01-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Some diseases won't ever have a cure and I think cancer will be one of them unless they find some unknown plant that cures it but unless that happens then cancer will continue to kill people.

Green Ranger
01-30-2007, 12:22 AM
the government makes toooo much money on chemo to do this...its sickening...but true, its buisness and sad

HysterikiLL
01-30-2007, 12:36 AM

Yeah, I knew there was something up with this story when I read that. Oh well....

wazzy
01-30-2007, 12:45 AM
If this is true all governments is sickening because people our being tortured and possibly dieing and they have a cure for it!

Samphin
01-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Some diseases won't ever have a cure and I think cancer will be one of them unless they find some unknown plant that cures it but unless that happens then cancer will continue to kill people.

Actually, studies indicate that cancer deaths are down and by a bunch over the past couple of years. So treatments and medicines are on the right track.

However, I tend to agree with you, I think the nature of cancer will mean it will adapt, mutate and ocntinue to wreak havoc for seemingly ever.

The good news though is that years ago, the flu and the common cold killed tons of people. Now, for the most part, they have been pushed down to minor hassles for the most part. No cure for the ocmmon cold, and never will be, hopefully cancer can get to that point too though, of being a minor annoyance rather than a death sentence.

Sethdaddy8
01-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Actually, studies indicate that cancer deaths are down and by a bunch over the past couple of years. So treatments and medicines are on the right track.

However, I tend to agree with you, I think the nature of cancer will mean it will adapt, mutate and ocntinue to wreak havoc for seemingly ever.

The good news though is that years ago, the flu and the common cold killed tons of people. Now, for the most part, they have been pushed down to minor hassles for the most part. No cure for the ocmmon cold, and never will be, hopefully cancer can get to that point too though, of being a minor annoyance rather than a death sentence.

Oh great, by that theory, the next life threatening illness should be real pleansant:mad:

Stitches
01-30-2007, 08:31 AM
From a medical standpoint a cure for cancer would be great, but from an economical one, it would just stretch this country even thinner in my opinion.

lazareth
01-30-2007, 09:07 AM
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2007/01/in_which_my_words_will_be_misinterpreted.php

Perfect23
01-30-2007, 09:27 AM

:lol: you know there is alot of canadians on here right

cnc66
01-30-2007, 09:40 AM

Megatron, ruler of the Universe will punish him... not to worry

Celtkin
01-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Here's another article about the treatment

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn10971

No human clinical trials have taken place yet. Let's hope that we move to that stage soon.

ASCII
01-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Here's another article about the treatment

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn10971

No human clinical trials have taken place yet. Let's hope that we move to that stage soon.

I agree. Hopefully someway this will happen, if for nothing more then to rule it out. They say the proof is in the pudding. So let's see it.

Amars
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
There no money in the cure. You know how many business will suffer if the cure comes out. That the horrible part of it all. Unless someone like Bill Gates/ Buffet or some other really Rich person can join in the cure patent and distribution I doubt they will ever release the cure.

Sethdaddy8
01-30-2007, 03:37 PM

Yea, im just goofin.

TokyoFishFan
01-31-2007, 08:10 AM
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2007/01/in_which_my_words_will_be_misinterpreted.php

:yeahthat:

Make sure you read this article as well. It helps explain WHY big media hasn't picked it up. Also mentions that success in the petri dish and in rats doesn't necessarily translate into success in humans.

Get informed before you really react to this. I can honestly say I would need more info before I lept to this conclusion.