PDA

View Full Version : 2K Football Returns -- MERGED 2X

Phin-o-rama
01-31-2007, 11:14 AM
:eek:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164995.html

Now it appears 2K Sports is feeling like it wants to get off the sidelines as well. Today, the publisher announced that Visual Concepts is returning to football with All-Pro Football 2K8. The game is scheduled for release on "next generation video game systems" this summer.

Visual Concepts' NFL 2K5.
"Football gamers have been awaiting the return of the 2K series," said Visual Concepts president Greg Thomas. "All-Pro Football 2K8 will deliver an authentic next generation gridiron experience and we are happy to give fans another choice in the football category."

mor911
01-31-2007, 11:16 AM
damn you! I just read this. You beat me to it.

Anyways... HOORAY!!! Can't wait! Cross your fingers that they include some great team/player/stat/attribute editing capabilities.

Motion
01-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Fake teams I assume???

The gameplay will have to be amazing for this to succeed IMO.

mor911
01-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Fake teams I assume???

The gameplay will have to be amazing for this to succeed IMO.Definitely... On both accounts. But 2K football was always a step ahead of EA's gameplay IMO (notice i said "IMO" people -- Please dont turn this into another Madden vs 2K thread).

Motion
01-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Definitely... On both accounts. But 2K football was always a step ahead of EA's gameplay IMO (notice i said "IMO" people -- Please dont turn this into another Madden vs 2K thread).

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Madden Rules!!!!

:lol:

Phin-o-rama
01-31-2007, 11:45 AM
competition means ea might make a smoother playing madden 08....

Scatman
01-31-2007, 11:51 AM
yea ea needs competition in this field

PeaTearGriffin
01-31-2007, 11:56 AM
as long as they have editing similar to the winning eleven games, it could be very successful. Winning Eleven has slowly been gaining on the licensing for teams and compared to Fifa it is way behind in that field however, for most years WE had much better gameplay, and i always bought it because of this.

UltraDol-Fan
01-31-2007, 12:04 PM
this is the best news so far this year!

Dol-Fan Dupree
01-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Fake teams I assume???

The gameplay will have to be amazing for this to succeed IMO.

I also believe that the "franchise" mode would need to be amazing as well.

theghost
01-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Nothing was better than the year that i could buy a brand new football game with great graphics and gameplay for only 20 bucks.

burton87
01-31-2007, 04:54 PM
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruzer
01-31-2007, 05:04 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

yea!!!!!!!!!

Phin-o-rama
01-31-2007, 05:07 PM
:sidelol: :sidelol:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

yea!!!!!!!!!

Mindwarp
01-31-2007, 05:09 PM
this makes me tight in the pants, IF EVERYTHING is editable.

Mainge
01-31-2007, 06:17 PM
:eek:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164995.html

Thank God! EA definetly needs some competition.

The last few Madden's have been horrible, IMO.

Deus Ex Dolphin
01-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Great, great news for all football gamers!! Everybody wins in this scenario, as EA gets a little competition (so they'll work harder on Madden) while us fans of 2K football get a CHOICE in football games.

Greg Thomas has already said the game will have a lot of custom options, and I really believe 2K Sports understands how much All-Pro Football 2K8 has to do to please the fans.

While I don't know how well a franchise mode would work, I'd much rather see a deep online gaming experience. In fact, I hope they include a "Startup League" mode. You'd pick a city, choose a team name, colors and logo. Then you have an online draft with the other "team owners" and build your team from scratch. Then play through a season, have a rookie draft, maybe one player trade per team and play another season, etc.

Majpain
01-31-2007, 07:28 PM
I cant stand Madden anymore.

JPhinfan86
02-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Nice an actual professional football simulation will be available to play again. The Dark Ages are beginning to clear - once this unholy monopoly is abolished the good name of the NFL can be represented in true glory again. Muck Fadden. :up:

JPhinfan86
02-05-2007, 01:02 PM
I hope Dan isn't shy about putting his name on paper -- then it will be the ultimate "all pro" game. :pray:

Deus Ex Dolphin
02-05-2007, 10:21 PM
It would be great if the 2K website had a choice of a dozen or more HOF players you could choose from, then print out a game cover for that player.

Good time to update my avatar a bit too. :)

They'd have to photoshop out the actual team logos though.

Dors156
02-05-2007, 11:13 PM
thank god now easports will have to step it up a notch with competition around

Dolfan984
02-06-2007, 12:05 AM
:sidelol: :sidelol:

i'm goin down :sidelol:

AirMarino83
02-06-2007, 10:05 PM
didnt someone post something about the new 2k game being with classic nfl teams? 72 fins, 85 bears, 89 niners, etc... that would be something pretty sweet. do any of you guys know if they can make a game like this, or does madden's monopoly on nfl mean teams of past years?

also, with the comments about winning eleven and its success, id say that if they made teams and players to look exactly like their real life counterparts (ie. jason taylor would be jason traylor, miami dolphins would be south florida) then success is possible... all of this would have to have a great edit feature of course.

either way, im excited just for the fact that madden has competition.

Deus Ex Dolphin
02-07-2007, 11:47 AM
EA has the rights to all the NFL team names, logos, etc. As long as we have a WE type custom options, then APF 2K8 should be successful. In some ways it would be better than Madden since you could recreate the 85 Bears and actually name all the players, or the 72 Dolphins. :D

Even Madden fans can expect EA to improve their game more, as gamers have a choice in football games.

UCFinfan86
02-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I hate 2k and love madden, but this is great news, now madden should put out an even better game

TheAnswer385
02-12-2007, 09:57 PM
2ksports is coming back to the football market with "All pro Football". Hmmm i bet they make it completly customizable to the team logos to the players names and coaches....people will be getting rosters online im betting. im just guessing on that since they dont have rights to the nfl.

TheMageGandalf
02-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Man, I dont care what it does as far as rosters go because as long as I can edit stuff I have NO problem with it.

Hell, I'll just put on some music and literally name every player in the game myself even if it takes a few days.

All I want are 2 things....a real OWNER mode with a draft and all that (not that crappy madden '07 junk EA gave us this year...again) and complete editing of players.

TheAnswer385
02-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Man, I dont care what it does as far as rosters go because as long as I can edit stuff I have NO problem with it.

Hell, I'll just put on some music and literally name every player in the game myself even if it takes a few days.

All I want are 2 things....a real OWNER mode with a draft and all that (not that crappy madden '07 junk EA gave us this year...again) and complete editing of players.i agree with ya Editing players is one of my top things i liked so i could keep my rosters fresh and that was a huge let down this year in madden 07. I just hope this wakes EA back up so they can actually put some work behinde the franchise modes and the roster editing options.

UltraDol-Fan
02-13-2007, 10:23 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=181577

Phin-o-rama beat you :)

Dolfan5000
02-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I cant stand Madden anymore.
Madden was TIGHT in 06 on the PS2 (button config was great, Franchise was fun, gameplay was amazing and lead to some of the most exciting games I've ever played in a football game)

It degressed a little bit in 07 on PS2 (maybe moreso because it was basically the same game)

and now with nex gen it's HORRIBLE on the PS3 (gameplay is terrible, the controls are awkward to get used to and the idea of the Mini camp games are a good idea but need some revisions, and why does everyone run like they're ice skating+ like they have a finger up their ***?)

JPhinfan86
02-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Madden was TIGHT in 06 on the PS2 (button config was great, Franchise was fun, gameplay was amazing and lead to some of the most exciting games I've ever played in a football game)

It degressed a little bit in 07 on PS2 (maybe moreso because it was basically the same game)

and now with nex gen it's HORRIBLE on the PS3 (gameplay is terrible, the controls are awkward to get used to and the idea of the Mini camp games are a good idea but need some revisions, and why does everyone run like they're ice skating+ like they have a finger up their ***?)

Man I have been hearing this from the most die-hard of die-hard Madden fans and have just been shocked. I've always disliked it so its been equally crappy :lol: but for people with prior interest in the game this is surprising to hear.

Silverphin
02-14-2007, 10:50 PM
According to wikipedia, rumor has it that it will be a cross between (what) Madden (should have been) and Blitz: The League (with a storyline, that is).

AirMarino83
02-15-2007, 01:47 AM
According to wikipedia, rumor has it that it will be a cross between (what) Madden (should have been) and Blitz: The League (with a storyline, that is).

man.... forget the storyline. i just want some solid football gameplay. and of course, the deepest reach in terms of editing all aspects of the game... one problem that i wonder how they will solve: different rosters/uniforms from individual hard drives for online play.

UltraDol-Fan
02-15-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm not a big fan of having a story line...I just want a good football game

Mike13
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
A deep franchise mode is always a good thing.

Silverphin
02-17-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm not a big fan of having a story line...I just want a good football game

Hey as long as the storyline is at least decent and the gameplay is awesome, I'm all for it. Plus, if the rumor is true that you can edit everything, then :woot:

TheMageGandalf
02-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey as long as the storyline is at least decent and the gameplay is awesome, I'm all for it. Plus, if the rumor is true that you can edit everything, then :woot:

A storyline sounds nice as long as it doesnt mess with the franchise mode.

I'd want a franchise mode that goes on and on and on and on....Madden has always made one that spans like 30 years and I havent even gotten to year 8, but the point is that it gives you different opponents every year and it has a draft to bring in a new influx of players to your team/the league.

Hell, if this game has the same feature set as say Madden 2005 I'd be set.

As I am pretty sure those fools at EA still wont make the 2008 version have even that.

HysterikiLL
02-17-2007, 08:00 PM
I just never liked that game over Madden, but this is good because hopefully it will cause Madden to get their ***** back into gear.

dQbell
02-19-2007, 02:18 PM
I just never liked that game over Madden, but this is good because hopefully it will cause Madden to get their ***** back into gear.

I think that would be nice, but it says alot about a company that sits on its butt until someone comes along and pokes them with a better product.

Madden 07 on the 360 is an absolute pathetic testimony to where EA is in next-gen gaming development.

UltraDol-Fan
03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
check this out, ships in August! :woot:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=200281

mor911
03-02-2007, 06:49 PM
never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever trust release dates from eb or gamestop... they assume everything.