PDA

View Full Version : Battlestations Midway

Joe Flipper
01-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Anyone pick this up?
gunna crack the seal tonite if i'm sober enough!
I am a big WWll buff....my "pops" was on a Carrier in the pacific during the war!

R.I.P. dad :(

Discuss

brandon27
01-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Let us know how it is!! I'm not going to buy it unless I hear alot of positives about it... the one trailer video I downloaded didnt impress me... I didnt check out the demo yet tho... but, im curious to hear what you have to say even though it might be a bit biased. You're dad's a good man in my book though, the pacific was crazy indeed

StormSurge
02-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Flipper, have you checked it out yet?

PeaTearGriffin
02-02-2007, 05:00 PM
wasn't that impressed by the demo

Joe Flipper
02-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Flipper, have you checked it out yet?

not really...very busy last few days...i started the navy tutorial !
so far i think it looks cool but ya mite need to be into these types of games...but it looks like it mite blend action and strat very nicely!
should be playin more this weekend !!

peace

StormSurge
02-03-2007, 03:20 AM
I picked it up tonight & am halfway through the training. It's definitely in-depth & will take some getting used to.

JPhinfan86
02-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I am very very curious to see how well they integrate all aspects the games shows that it features. Personally, I don't like when a game tries too hard to be too many things and ends up creating 'demos' of each aspect. I'm also gonna be pretty p!ssed if it isn't historically accurate. :fire:

You may remember "Delta Force: Blackhawk Down" which was promoted like it was going to be a chronicle of the events in Somalia, Mogadishu in 1993. Well instead of any Blackhawk Helicopters crashing - the game centered around entirely peripheral missions. They whored the name to push the product. :tsk: I have hopes for "Midway" though.

Predaphin
02-06-2007, 12:45 PM
I am very very curious to see how well they integrate all aspects the games shows that it features. Personally, I don't like when a game tries too hard to be too many things and ends up creating 'demos' of each aspect. I'm also gonna be pretty p!ssed if it isn't historically accurate. :fire:

You may remember "Delta Force: Blackhawk Down" which was promoted like it was going to be a chronicle of the events in Somalia, Mogadishu in 1993. Well instead of any Blackhawk Helicopters crashing - the game centered around entirely peripheral missions. They whored the name to push the product. :tsk: I have hopes for "Midway" though.

Sounds to me like people are "Midway" through the game and still don't know what they're doing.

Well, can't say the title didn't warn them this time.
:wink:

UltraDol-Fan
02-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I downloaded the demo and didn't really like it. The game to me is like work and I felt like I was struggling trying to micro manage everything and still have fun