PDA

View Full Version : Daren Barnes

Patbchln
01-31-2007, 11:17 PM
I believe not taking beasly was a mistake he was our best player in madden!! but whatever im nit the coach but I think barnes just hasnt done enough thoughts??

adamprez2003
01-31-2007, 11:20 PM
we definitely have to upgrade. Hopefully Eckel can do it. If not free agency or the draft

QrtBck13
01-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Barnes was a very phsyical blocker and Satan thought FB was past his prime, also please dont refer to Madden in the real world they allways under rate JT and ZT, plus Ray Lewis in def not a 99 overall :lol:

QrtBck13
01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
we definitely have to upgrade. Hopefully Eckel can do it. If not free agency or the draft

:dphan:

I have been in favor of drafting a FB sense Rob Konrad retired!!!

RoninFin4
01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
I'd like to see us maybe draft Le'Ron McClain out of Alabama in the 6th or 7th round to solidify the FB position.

motioncityhifi
01-31-2007, 11:25 PM
well using madden as a basis to keep players isnt a good idea....barnes does a good job blocking but isnt that much of a threat for anything else. personally id like to see leron mclain from bama but if not im fine with barnes.

adamprez2003
01-31-2007, 11:29 PM
I'd like to see us maybe draft Le'Ron McClain out of Alabama in the 6th or 7th round to solidify the FB position.

I like him, Jason Snelling and Brandon Hancock. I agree with you though in when you draft them. No earlier than 6th or 7th

dominizzo
01-31-2007, 11:31 PM
I like Darian barnes!! We had beasley!! I think he retired

Patbchln
01-31-2007, 11:32 PM
What about the guy from ruckers he is a BAMF!!!

RoninFin4
01-31-2007, 11:43 PM
What about the guy from ruckers he is a BAMF!!!

Yeah, in college maybe, but Ronnie's bigger than he is, and isn't really the lead-blocking FB Cameron really mentioned a la Lorenzo Neal, now he's a BAMF.

Patbchln
01-31-2007, 11:46 PM
true!

bluehaze
02-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Kyle Eckel was a beast in college, the guy flat out pancaked guys one on one running the ball. I don't see why he wouldn't be a good blocker with a little work as well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-3gVzMuXK0o

Patbchln
02-01-2007, 12:12 AM
I agree but someone said for a 2nd rounder I would take him 3rd hopefully 4th

Enforcerfin33
02-01-2007, 12:55 AM
I believe not taking beasly was a mistake he was our best player in madden!! but whatever im nit the coach but I think barnes just hasnt done enough thoughts??
Madden doesn't account for players coming in fat and out of shape.

Crunkcore
02-01-2007, 01:01 AM
If not Eckel, I'm sure Cam will bring someone in to challenge barnes for the job.

DolphanD
02-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Actually I thought the FB position was very under-utilized last season. I don't know if it was because they wanted the extra TE Peele in there as to not tip the defense off, if it was going to be a run or a pass, but I really didn't see Barnes on many plays a game, but when I did he blocked well. But we never even tried to throw to him like we did in the preseason where we were semi-successful.

PHINishinStrong
02-01-2007, 02:24 AM
I think Darian Barnes can be a beast. He was underutilized. Never touched the ball on short yardage situations at all the whole season The phins would have benefitted from it from time to time especially on those 4th and 1's just to kind of throw the other team off and spread the ball around. but instead they gave a toss to Ronnie. Our Schemes offensively sucked and we never used good talent and its strengths. They used Barnes in t he Presseason and never included him in any plays beside Blocking. Thank god Saban is gone i hope Mularky becomes a TE coach again God knows McMichael needs help catching the ball...

icephinfan
02-01-2007, 04:03 AM

I was hoping we kept Beasley too. But, the FB didn't really play much this year.
Hopefully Cam changes that.

JFoxx
02-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I think it is a safe assumption that Cam will be finding and utilizing a FB way more than we ever considered last year. Part of the problem we had running the ball last year was there was nobody plowing a hole open for RB to go through so he had to delay too long to try and figure out where the hole was at. It will help RB and our whole rushing game if we get a quality FB to plow open a hole that Ronnie can just run through instead of trying to figure out where one might be. This is a big reason why LT was so successful. Yes, he's a great back, etc. etc., but if he didn't have a quality FB knocking open some holes for him, he doesn't get as many yards and TD's as he does. It will be interesting to see if he gets one via F/A or the draft.

tmny99
02-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I was hoping we kept Beasley too. But, the FB didn't really play much this year.
Hopefully Cam changes that.

Cam defintely likes a I-form sets so there should be a lot of FB involvement next year.

PhinsRock
02-01-2007, 11:48 AM

Please, put the controller down and slowly walk away. :lol:

You really don't use Madden as your basis for keeping a player now do you?

Kyle Eckel or draft late rounds IMO.

FINdestructible
02-01-2007, 12:02 PM
I think Barnes has all the potential to be a very good FB. Either way we should draft a FB in the later rounds if we can.

MrEd
02-01-2007, 12:11 PM

C'mon, stop this "madden" stuff...it makes you sound like a 12 year old. This is the "real" world. :cooldude:

xDOLPHINSx
02-01-2007, 12:26 PM
the FB position is actually going to be somewhat important this upcoming season unlike before. Im hoping Eckel goes into TC and impresses. I'd rather not have to address FB in the draft, but if theres some good talent late, then why not. Leonard in the 2nd would be an awful idea. FB is not a postion to draft in the first day imo.