PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on

TrueDolFan
02-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Looks like things are definitely looking good for the big N. Maybe Nintendo will get some more 3rd party publishers to make games for the Wii now.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/WiiPlaysToNintendoStrength.aspx

ChrisKo
02-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Nintendo was smart to make a new controller for a redesigned GameCube ( I know it was slightly upgraded, but it's still not much more than a GC). While I don't care about the system as a gamer, I totally see it's appeal to Mom's as an entertainment system the whole family can enjoy.

Sethdaddy8
02-01-2007, 04:10 PM
The Wii is pretty cool. Graphics are still good, and gae pla is very interesting. they out a nice little package togeter, and good online capabilites.

Desides
02-01-2007, 05:00 PM
The problem with the Wii, from the perspective of publishers and developers, is that Nintendo is trying to attract non-gamers to the hobby. (I disagree that they're REALLY trying to do that, based on their game lineup--do Mom and Dad really want to play a Mario game, but held themselves back because the system didn't have a spatial controller?--but that's besides the point.) If Nintendo really is attracting non-gamers, that means that they'll only buy a few games and play them repeatedly, as opposed to buying many games and playing them once or twice. It also means they'll want each game to be vastly different. The problem then becomes too much originality--your game is so different that it'll only appeal to a few people.

Some companies are trying to see if they can replicate their DS success on the Wii (see: Trauma Center Second Opinion, Cooking Mama Wii), but it's probably not going to work.

Prepare for much more "wait and see" in 2007.

Mike13
02-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Intresting read.

SKing29
02-02-2007, 08:23 PM
I am glad to hear that Nintendo is doing so well. Because in my eyes, honestly, its the only real gaming system of this generation and not just a PC disguised as a gaming console. Sega has already left the hardware race and its good to see that Nintendo won't be forced to take the same path.