PDA

View Full Version : Which WR you think will be available in the 3rd round of the draft

kwansolo
02-01-2007, 04:08 PM
I see alot of people think we need a big upgrade at this position. I don't see the Fins pickin a WR in the first 2 rounds. So, who would be available in the 3rd round that would be a good pick?

I was thinking like:

Paul Williams Fresno St.
Jemalle Cornelius Fl
Ryan Moore Mia Fl
Johnathan Holland Louisiana tech

just to throw some names out

alen1
02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
dude from utep ...... i think his name is johnnie lee higgins

utahphinsfan
02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Johnnie Higgins UTEP

CANDolphan
02-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Dallas Baker will be available in the 4th, etc..

but he isnt Miamis type of receiver. Hes a big guy who can catch in traffic and has great hands, but doesnt have great speed.

jim1
02-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I see alot of people think we need a big upgrade at this position. I don't see the Fins pickin a WR in the first 2 rounds. So, who would be available in the 3rd round that would be a good pick?

I was thinking like:

Paul Williams Fresno St.
Jemalle Cornelius Fl
Ryan Moore Mia Fl

Ryan Moore for sure, Paul Williams probably. He might be a bit of a head case, but I would prefer Paul Williams.

Alex44
02-01-2007, 04:16 PM
David Ball 4th round.

6'2 200 pounds 4.5 40

Amazing hands, creates great seperation. All time leading DI-AA reciever, broke almost all Jerry Rice records. 3 catches for 80 yards in the East vs West shrine game including a great diving catch. Kid is the next great one just watch.

unluckyluciano
02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
dude from utep ...... i think his name is johnnie lee higgins
:yeahthat: as a Utep fan and a dolphins fan I would love to have him.

outtawack311
02-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Mike Walker, UCF...he would prolly be more of a 4th rounder though

ChambersWI
02-01-2007, 05:04 PM

I was thinking like:

Paul Williams Fresno St.
Jemalle Cornelius Fl
Ryan Moore Mia Fl

All of them will be available in the 3rd, but I think only Williams of those 4 is worth a high 3rd round pick (but I all of those WRs).

Anthony Gonzalas of OSU might be worth a pick (his workouts will determine his draft status)

adamprez2003
02-01-2007, 05:13 PM
David Ball 4th round.

6'2 200 pounds 4.5 40

Amazing hands, creates great seperation. All time leading DI-AA reciever, broke almost all Jerry Rice records. 3 catches for 80 yards in the East vs West shrine game including a great diving catch. Kid is the next great one just watch.

man he looked amazing in that game. definitely caught my eye and someone I wouldnt mind picking up. I dont know where he's slotted to go but a 4th or 5th would be a dynamite pickup. the guy has great hands

BassFin
02-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Whoever it is, he's gonna have to be fast. Meuller said he wants more speed at that position. We already have 3 possession reeivers.

SQuinn17
02-01-2007, 07:18 PM
no to ryan moore in any round except the 7th

SpencerFS
02-01-2007, 08:41 PM
i would really like David ball i know we need a speedy guy but he looks like he can be something special. i think johnnie lee Higgins will be a second round pick after the combine after he runs a fast 40 and a good veritcal.

Alex44
02-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Jerry Rice was also 'slow' coming out of college, he ran a 4.5

Who cares whether it's pure speed or just being a great all around player, I want a guy who makes plays and scores TD's

David Ball is that kind of guy. If you notice most of the 'busts' in drafts, are guys who were taken on pure athletic ability because teams thought that they could just make them great players. It doesnt work that way.

DolphanD
02-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Maybe someone will fall like Craig Davis or some others who might be there are Rhema McKnight, Courtney Taylor, and a real prize but a guy who I think we'd have to use our 2nd on to get him (if we don't do any kind of draft manuevering) is WR/RS from Clemson, Chansi Stuckey. Was timed at 4.35 in the 40 and returns kicks and is only beginning to learn the WR position.

Sean
02-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Johnnie Higgins UTEP

yep. :wink:

MelbournePhin
02-01-2007, 09:30 PM
chris davis from fsu?

dolfn66
02-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Don't know much about this years WR crop, I haven't watched as much college ball as I have in the past. I would like to know how good Gonzalez of Ohio State is? I haven't heard him mentioned much but I think he's supposed to be good.

ILfinfan85
02-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Louisiana State WR Craig Davis (http://www.kffl.com/player/16077/nfl)

adamprez2003
02-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Don't know much about this years WR crop, I haven't watched as much college ball as I have in the past. I would like to know how good Gonzalez of Ohio State is? I haven't heard him mentioned much but I think he's supposed to be good.

I like him alot but he's a possession receiver. Probably a 3rd rd pick

ILfinfan85
02-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Someone had some LSU highlights that had him on the video and dude can run!

ILfinfan85
02-01-2007, 10:43 PM
http://media.putfile.com/the-jamarcusbowe-and-craig-buster-davis-show Check out Davis for a late rounder.

Ok after watching the vid again-I am back on the Bowe bandwagon! The dude has hands and has been recieving balls from a guy with a NFL arm.He is a hard runner that if given the chance would punish DB's.He reminds me of the other D-Bo(David Boston),but without the injuries.

Elliott 1
02-02-2007, 12:53 AM
If we don't make any trades it won't matter who is available in the third round because a third round wr won't make our team except for maybe practice squad if Vick is dropped or moved permanently to QB.A third rounder isn't going to take a spot from Hagan or Welker. If we don't resign Welker then we need a wr and KR/PR, so we obvioustly draft Ginn with the 9.

DolphanD
02-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Dwayne Bowe would be great at #39 overall but unless he chokes as bad as Derek Hagan did last year at the Combine, he looks like he's going to be gone by pick #25. But if he is still there at #39 I'd say we grab him. Also Robert Meachem, Sidney Rice, and if for ome reason Dwayne Jarrett were available at #39 we would have to grab whoever falls unless it is for some terrible reason like an injury a'la Rodrique Wright last draft then I'd understand not taking them but waiting for a later round to take them. Situations like this is where 2nd day picks are valuable; like if we had 3 7th rounders like we did last year we could draft Jeff Samardzija just in case he sucks at baseball and wants to come to the NFL like the Texans did with Drew Henson even though they didn't need a QB, when Drew came back they spent I think a 4th on him and traded him for like a 2nd round pick to the Cowboys. (I may be wrong on which rounds were which but anyhow it served the Texans just fine. The same could happen with Samardzija)

In the 3rd some guys who could fall to our pick which would be great are: Chansi Stuckey, Craig Davis, Jason Hill, and guys who could be worth that pick IMO and if they continue to do well at the Combine or in individual practices are: David Clowney, Brandon Myles, Anthony Gonzalez, Courtney Taylor, Johnnie Lee Higgins, Paul Williams, Aundrae Allison, Rhema McKnight, Dallas Baker, Steve Smith, Steve Breaston, Chris Davis, David Ball, Jemalle Cornelius, Syvelle Newton, Mike Walker, Ryne Robinson, and a few others if they work out well. And I realize several of these forementioned guys are reaches as of now but as we all may know things can change drastically from here to the end of April.

If somehow we could land Calvin Johnson the rest of our draft would be icing on the cake IMO! We could definitely move up to Washington's spot at #6 for some of our extra picks, seeing how they don't have another pick until the 5th round, and go ahead of Minnesota who would surely not let CJ get past them at #7 but CJ would have to get by 5 other teams, with 3 of those teams very likely to select CJ beginning with Oakland #1 overall. If Moss bolts but it's much more likly that they select a QB, JaMarcus Russell by all reports, and then there's Tampa Bay at #3 or #4, and possibly Cleveland at 3 or 4. I don't see Detroit or Arizona or even Oakland selecting CJ but with the Raiders anything can happen. So if we traded up with Washington and got the 6th pick we would have an outside chance of landing Calvin Johnson if Tampa Bay chooses defense and Cleveland goes RB or defense then I see Detroit taking Joe Thomas and Arizona is already loaded at WR so defense will most likely be their selection unless we could take up to their spot so they could gain extra picks since they have so many holes and I don't think they are too enamored with one guy in particular IMO. So if we traded up to #5 we could have the chance of choosing between a franchise WR or maybe even a franchise QB in Brady Quinn, with Quinn being the greater risk but also being the greater reward because we all know we haven't had a dangerous passer in Miami since Marino and we haven't even spent a 1st round pick on a QB since Marino so trading up to #5 would be great but just how much would we have to give up? A lot I'm sure. How much would we benefit? It's anybody's guess.

DolphanD
02-02-2007, 07:40 AM
http://media.putfile.com/the-jamarcusbowe-and-craig-buster-davis-show Check out Davis for a late rounder.

Ok after watching the vid again-I am back on the Bowe bandwagon! The dude has hands and has been recieving balls from a guy with a NFL arm.He is a hard runner that if given the chance would punish DB's.He reminds me of the other D-Bo(David Boston),but without the injuries.

Wow. After watching those highlights I would much rather have Bowe over Ginn. Bowe is a complete WR and is a physical specimen who can block. I don't see any similiarities between Bowe and Michel Clayton. Bowe is instinctive and big and much faster in pads and on the field than his 40-time time would lead you to believe. If we take a WR in the 1st round and don't move up to grab CJ then Bowe is by far the 2nd best WR to be had in this draft.

JAXDOLPHAN
02-02-2007, 09:16 AM
I like Jason Hill, but probably in the 4th. I was very impressed with his play and interviews at the Senior Bowl.

KendallCat
02-02-2007, 09:38 AM
In my opinion WR is one of the positions that teams seem to always make a mistake and take a guy early in the 1st round and they don't pan out. Look at the Lions over the past few years or guys like JJ Stokes, Mike Williams, David Terrell, Rod Gardner, Qunicy Morgan.... The list goes on and on of first round picks that did not fare as well as guys taken 2-3 rounds later. Part of the reason is that some players play in systems in college that are QB and WR friendly and it makes them look better than they are. A lot of times you will find WR's that go in the 2nd-5th round that play at schools like Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan that emphasize the run, and they might have a stud WR who only gets 20-25 catches a year because of it.

I think that we could take the BPA in the first and second round, and we can still find some players in the 3rd and 4th round like Ball, Heggins, Davis, Baker ...that can be very good pro receivers. If we cannot get who we want in the 1st at #9 I would like to see us trade down 4-5 picks and pick up another 2nd round pick, or even trade our #1 for an early 2nd this year and a high first round pick next year - teams like Oakland, Cleveland, Green Bay will all be picking in the top 10 next year, and if we have two early picks next year we can get our QB(Brohm or Brennan)/our LT like Long, or trade one of them for more picks for a team that wants McFadden or Slaton for a RB.