PDA

View Full Version : Let me be the Dolphins GM Revised

RealDriscoll
02-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Draft:
1st: Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
People say he might not be around but I think he very well may be. I think that behind Joe Thomas and Calvin johnson he is the best in the draft and is exactly what the doctor ordered here in Miami. Other possibilities: Alan Branch DT Michigan. Laron Landry S LSU

2nd: Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State

Lack of activity in the Senior Bowl makes him slide but he is still one of the best corners in the draft. The Dolphins get a first round talent in the 2nd Round here!

3rd: Earl Everett LB Florida

Some may think he won't slide this far but there are a lot of LB's rated ahead of him...Brandon Siler Florida, HB Blades Pittsburgh, Jon Beason Miami,Buster Davis FSU, Paul Poluszny PSU, Rufus Alexander Oklahoma , Patrick Willis LB Ol miss, Lawernce Timmons LB FSU; Everett falls due to the access of talent at this position in the draft.

4th: Michael Johnson S Arizona

Steal here.

6th: Dan Mozes C West Virginia

Another steal.

7th: Adam Poodlesh P Maryland

Free Agency:

-Resign Darian Barnes FB
-Resign S Yeremiah Bell
-Restructure DE Kevin Carter
-Resign Vonnie Holliday
-Sign Jordan Black T Kansas City Chiefs
-Sign Guard Kris Dielman San Diego Chargers
-Sign LB Lance Briggs Chicago Bears

Release:
Dan Wilkinson DT(2.1M), Joey Harrington(3.5 M) Seth McKinney(4M) Jeno james(4 Million) Bennie Anderson (2.1)

Joneal7
02-01-2007, 04:31 PM
why a punter in the 7th when we have Donnie Jones?

Alex44
02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Hmm okay then let me see.

Draft:

1st: Levi Brown: LT
2nd: Ryan Kalil: C
3rd: Kevin Kolb: QB
4th: David Ball: WR
6th: CB or OLB
7th: OLB or CB

Free Agency:
Sign:Adalius Thomas
Resign: Y. Bell
Resign: Holliday
Restructure: Daunte (Pack his deal with incentives but low base salary)

Release: Harrington, Bennie Anderson, Mckinney.

Thats just off the top of my head, not sure how realistic it is.

jason8er
02-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Draft:

Another steal.

Your right. That would be a ridiculous steal. I'm still puzzled as to why so many have Mozes in the 6th.

RealDriscoll
02-01-2007, 04:53 PM
A Punter in the 7th Round because Donnie Jones is a Restricted Free gent and could demand too much money so why not sdraft the best punter in the draft?

And Levi brown at 9? You would want to waste a Top 10 pick to draft Levi Brown? According to My big Board Levi Brown falls to #20.

1) Calvin Johnson
2) Joe Thomas
3) Brady Quinn
4) Alan branch
5) Gaines Adams
6) Jamarcus Russell
7) Adrian peterson
8) Jamaal Anderson
9) Laron Landry
10) Reggie Nelson
11) Ted Ginn Jr.
12) Patrick Willis
13) Amobi Okoye
14( Dwayne Jarrett
15) Leon Hall
16) Darrelle Reavis
17) Lawrence Timmons
18) Paul poluszny
19) Dwayne Bowe
20) Levi Brown

miadol08
02-01-2007, 05:03 PM
3rd: Kevin Kolb: QB - e.everett lb fl

i would love that draft in the first four rounds, except imo id exchange kevin kolb in the third round for a linebacker.. earl everett would be great!

JFoxx
02-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Draft:
People say he might not be around but I think he very well may be. I think that behind Joe Thomas and Calvin johnson he is the best in the draft and is exactly what the doctor ordered here in Miami. Other possibilities: Alan Branch DT Michigan. Laron Landry S LSU

Lack of activity in the Senior Bowl makes him slide but he is still one of the best corners in the draft. The Dolphins get a first round talent in the 2nd Round here!

Some may think he won't slide this far but there are a lot of LB's rated ahead of him...Brandon Siler Florida, HB Blades Pittsburgh, Jon Beason Miami,Buster Davis FSU, Paul Poluszny PSU, Rufus Alexander Oklahoma , Patrick Willis LB Ol miss, Lawernce Timmons LB FSU; Everett falls due to the access of talent at this position in the draft.

Steal here.

Another steal.

Free Agency:

-Resign Darian Barnes FB
-Resign S Yeremiah Bell
-Resign Vonnie Holliday

Release:
Dan Wilkinson DT(2.1M), Joey Harrington(3.5 M) Seth McKinney(4M) Jeno james(4 Million) Bennie Anderson (2.1)

If you can guarantee we get those people in those spots and do all the f/a transaction stuff and stay under the salary cap, you got my vote for GM!

Alex44
02-01-2007, 05:19 PM
A Punter in the 7th Round because Donnie Jones is a Restricted Free gent and could demand too much money so why not sdraft the best punter in the draft?

And Levi brown at 9? You would want to waste a Top 10 pick to draft Levi Brown? According to My big Board Levi Brown falls to #20.

1) Calvin Johnson
2) Joe Thomas
3) Brady Quinn
4) Alan branch
5) Gaines Adams
6) Jamarcus Russell
7) Adrian peterson
8) Jamaal Anderson
9) Laron Landry
10) Reggie Nelson
11) Ted Ginn Jr.
12) Patrick Willis
13) Amobi Okoye
14( Dwayne Jarrett
15) Leon Hall
16) Darrelle Reavis
17) Lawrence Timmons
18) Paul poluszny
19) Dwayne Bowe
20) Levi Brown

That would be why your not an NFL scout.

The fact that you actually have Ginn as a better player than Jarrett should raise enough red flags about your ability to access talent. Your big board apparently has no actual meaning as to where guys will go anyway, seeing as Reavis is a second rounder at best, same with Posluszny.

Levi is a top 15 pick, and with a huge need on the o-line he isnt a stretch at #9

Motion
02-01-2007, 05:26 PM

The fact that you actually have Ginn as a better player than Jarrett should raise enough red flags about your ability to access talent. Your big board apparently has no actual meaning as to where guys will go anyway, seeing as Reavis is a second rounder at best, same with Posluszny.

Levi is a top 15 pick, and with a huge need on the o-line he isnt a stretch at #9

I don't think that list is THAT far off, other than Timmons and Posluszny. They are not top 20 talent. I definitely see Revis in the 1st, especially with Hall falling. Revis could be the 1st CB off the board. Jarrett needs a very good time at the combine to go before Ginn. I agree Levi is definitely a top 15 pick.

Geforce
02-01-2007, 05:44 PM

Scouting is as much a profession based on opinion as any other and Jarrett has as many question marks about him as Ginn, Jr does. YOU said Revis is a 2nd rounder at best while others think he'll be a Top 15 pick.

VT Dolphan
02-01-2007, 06:33 PM
why a punter in the 7th when we have Donnie Jones?

Don't worry, theres no way Podlesh is there in the 7th anyway...

Otherwise I agree with most every move he had us making with the exception of Lance Briggs. Outside linebacker is one of the least important positions on defense and Briggs will demand a monster paycheck (and I've heard he wants to stay in Chicago anyway). That money could be spent elsewhere on more pressing needs. Asante Samuel will want a lot of cash, but I wouldn't mind giving it to him.

RealDriscoll
02-01-2007, 07:12 PM
The Cap Room would be fine, We are currently 17 Million under. Releasing Harrington, Bennie Anderson, jeno James, Seth McKinney and Dan Wilkinson frees another 16 million. Restructuring Kevin Carter could free another 2 million. We are fine with cap room.

Poodlesh could be there in the 7th round; We got Rod Wright in the 7th last year. he was a projected 1st Round talent

SpencerFS
02-01-2007, 08:44 PM
if Brady Quinn falls to us and Marcus Mcaualey that would be awesome i think Marcus just had a bad year and with some work he will be a good nfl corner cause he has the speed and the atheleticsm.

Sean
02-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Draft:

Steal here.

Another steal.

Free Agency:

-Resign Darian Barnes FB
-Resign S Yeremiah Bell
-Resign Vonnie Holliday

Release:

i like it... but you never know quinn could slip to us, but in that kind of situation i would trade down, because someone would overpay in picks/ players for quinn , but i like the mock overall, except why punter in 7th? we have donnie jones

HysterikiLL
02-01-2007, 10:40 PM

Draft:

Free Agency:

DING, DING, DING, we have a winner!!

NoblePhin
02-01-2007, 11:36 PM

Draft:

Free Agency:

i like ur 1st pick thats all and ur fa signing is good. other than that its pretty bad. we need some more youth on defense and i dont think we need to take all offense just because we have an offensive minded coach. we have weapons, we just need to utilize them more. If Levi brown is too much of a reach at 9 take the best DL or S available. Im not big in draft names so ill just put my positions up here

1st- DL or S
2nd- OT/OL
3rd- Te or LB
4th- qb
5th- none
6th-FB
7TH- CB

for FA
i like the A Thomas pickup but what do we do with D Bow? i feel we should address these positions in fa: wr, ol, lb, cb.

WR- throwing in a relatively cheap wr like a Drew Bennet could possibly do us some good and provide some competition. Marcus Vick will probably be the odd man out and get cut to make space for bennet. Kevin Curtis and Michael Lewis also possible canidates.

OL- Eric Steinbach from cincy- big, tall, young. probably going to be one of the more expensive players we'll be trying to bring in. we have houck and maybe he can teach him fast on how to become a LT so we wont have to invest so much (9th overall) in an OL. Dielman also a possible target. We need to get a quality Olineman this fa.

LB- A thomas will be expensive. if we feel he is worth the money that he is going to demand then i trust Mueller. if they get outbid i think they'll just resign spragan and have the spragan/bowens combo once again

cb- if we draft a safety with a high pick then this is no need in fa but if we dont i can see us going after nate clements. once again if we get outbid we might be better off just movin j allen to cb and drafting another secondary player.

release- J harrington, Jeno James (time to evaluate our young players), zgnonina (if he's not already a fa), Bennie anderson, Norman Lejune (slow, slow, SLOW!) Marcus VIck, Big daddy, traylor, and tillman.

restructure- booker, mckinney, mare, chambers, carter
resign- spragan, morris, bell, welker, vickerson, mcintosh, holliday, denney, bowens, jones, minor, lemon, fonoti, jacox.

i think we'll have 2 fairly expensive free agents this year. either clements and an OL or Thomas and an OL. adding some competition at wr would be healthy. we dont need to take a qb in the first day, i dont think its randy's way plus we have DC and lemon back. we need to start investing in a TE now because mcmike hasnt really lived up to his hype. we basically need to start cutting our older, nonproductive players like jeno and big daddy to see what we have in our younger players. i feel we just have some small spots to touch up and with the right play calling and strategy we can be successful this upcoming year

JT-forpresident
02-01-2007, 11:59 PM

Nick13
02-02-2007, 02:29 AM
love Michael Johnson in the 4th.

GO WILDCATS!

Regan21286
02-02-2007, 03:58 AM
Draft:
1st: Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame: He's the likely candidate to pull a Leinart (or a Marino :wink: ) and could be the franchise QB we've been looking for. Even if Culpepper does well, we should stock up for the future. Plus, we'd have the same situation the Chargers had with Rivers and Brees, and that's the kind of predicament I like. Alternatives: Leon Hall, Levi Brown, Dwyane Jarrett

2nd: Joe Staley OT Central Michigan : Good mobility and upside as well as good pass blocker. Just needs to bulk up and get stronger. Being a workout warrior helps. Alternatives: Marcus McCauley, Drew Stanton, Aaron Ross

3rd: David Irons CB Auburn: Irons made a big jump after the Senior Bowl but I think his stock will waver a bit at the Combine. Plus, his durability will be a question. But he looks to have the intangibles of a cover corner. Alternatives: David Harris, Manuel Ramirez, Earl Everett

4th: David Harris LB Michigan: Interesting prospect with some upside. Did well in Senior Bowl but troubles with coverage and disengaging blockers will hurt his stock.

6th: Justin Hickman DE 'Da UCLA Bruins baby!': DE who just gets to the QB despite his physical limitations (sound like Jason Taylor anyone?) Could also play OLB and be a nice hybrid. Possible Sleeper.

7th: Brandon Myles WR West Virginia: Little used WR with some interesting physical specs. Showed he can play at Senior Bowl. But questionmarks abound about his durability and consistency. Likeley Marques Colston breakout guy if drafted here.

UDFA's:

Paul Soliai DT Utah-Widebody really fits the mold of a 3-4 NT. Some character issues but he could be a solid run-stuffer for us.

Brian Smith LB Missouri- Pass rushing LB will fall due to physical limitations but has some promise.

Justin Medlock K UCLA- Decent kicker with good accuracy and range could give Mare a run for his money.

Free Agency:

-Re-sign Darian Barnes FB-Need a fullback but he can use some work
-Re-sign S Yeremiah Bell- No brainer
-Re-sign OT/OG Damion McIntosh- Could use depth especially with that debacle at RG.
-Restructure DE Kevin Carter- Still has some left in the tank but needs to be revalued
-Restructure QB Joey Harrington- Showed some strides, if he's willing to take a paycut, I'd like to see what Cameron can do with him.
-Restructure DT Dan Wilkinson or Re-sign NT Keith Traylor- Lack of proven NT on our squads means we gotta keep at least one of em.
-Restructure C Seth McKinney- Not much depth at C. He'd be a solid backup
-Re-sign Vonnie Holliday- Played pretty well opposite JT and should re-sign if cheap
-Sign CB Asante Samuel New England Patriots-No brainer. We need CB help.
-Sign WR Kevin Curtis St. Louis Rams- Has speed and showed he can play.
-Sign OG Kris Dielman San Diego Chargers- Former Houck product can solidify LG spot.
Sign LB Na'il Diggs Carolina Panthers- Disappeared for a bit in a forgettable season for the Panthers. Isn't a LB who can build around but is a good veteran compliment.

Release:
Jeno james(4 Million), Bennie Anderson (2.1), Donnie Spragan (?)[/QUOTE]