PDA

View Full Version : The Miami Dolphins Are...

themole
02-01-2007, 04:44 PM
The only reason I tolerate the NFL! Not only have the greedy SOBs taken away our ability to listen to their games on the radio, taken away our ability to watch our Phins in our home state outside the franchise area, they have NOW stooped to this!

NFL TAKES ON GOD (portion of an article from PFT)

At a time when the powers-that-be who are in charge of the sport that we love are sitting on their hands (thumbs pointing north) regarding the burgeoning problem of crooks in Riddell helmets, it's good to know that they've found something to occupy their time.

Such as, for example, bullying a house of God.

Somehow, the Fall Creek Baptist Church in Indianapolis has secured a blip on the NFL's radar screen. Somehow, the NFL caught wind of a plan by the church to host a Super Bowl party that entailed a small fee for snacks.

Somehow, the NFL actually gives a sh-t about this.

So the church received a letter from the NFL, demanding that they cease and desist using the name of the lord of the greatest of all sporting events in vain.

But even though the church opted to drop the fee and to quit using the forbidden term, the NFL said that the church can't project the game onto a 12-foot screen, and that the maximum size of the single permissible viewing screen that the church may use for a group viewing is 55 inches.

I am really getting close to telling them where to stick it. I was once an avid NFL fan, but not anymore. I don't watch anything NFL but the Miami Dolphins.

FTNFL!!!!!!

Green Ranger
02-01-2007, 04:47 PM
man thats sad....

dolphinfn3454
02-01-2007, 04:50 PM
That really is a bunch of BS!

arsenal
02-01-2007, 05:14 PM
wow, i dont even know how to respond to this... its so ****ing dumb on so many levels... the NFL seriously has some issues...

Motion
02-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Pathetic

The Bengals have 9 players arrested in the last year and the NFL is more worried about a Church SuperBowl party, unreal.

Prime Time
02-01-2007, 05:31 PM
:nono: That is sad. Very sad. I'd love to see what they would say to the public in their defense.

Roman529
02-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Damn, this is ridiculous. I know the NFL was trying to stop 'Un-authorized" Superbwol viewing parties in Las Vegas for the same reason, but at a church?
Especially when nobody at the church is trying to profit in any way off the game. :shakeno:

themole
02-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Damn, this is ridiculous. I know the NFL was trying to stop 'Un-authorized" Superbwol viewing parties in Las Vegas for the same reason, but at a church?
Especially when nobody at the church is trying to profit in any way off the game. :shakeno:

And where do they get the gall to tell them that they can only view a 55" screen?

Seriously, I'm about through with these people. They will not allow tale gating at Dolphin Stadium during Super Bowl so they can squeeze a few more dollars from their fan base!

I've been watching the NFL since they have been broadcasting games in the state of florida. I used to be like many of the younger people on this board are now,and idolized everything NFL. Gerry Glanville said it was the "No Fun League", he was right. Now they have regressed to a lesser product on the field (IMO) ,made up of charactor types that no self respecting corporation would ever consider hiring and have become so arrogant in the way they do business that what they really need is a good dose of Teddy Roosevelt on their Robber Baron Arses. I hate them now.

HysterikiLL
02-01-2007, 10:15 PM
God is going to kick Roger Goodell's *** for this one.