29. Baltimore Ravens
DE Jarvis Moss

30. San Diego Chargers
WR Robert Meachem

31. Indianapolis Colts
DT Tank Tyler

32. Chicago Bears
TE Zach Miller

Remember this is my first ever mock draft so just try not to be too harsh. I welcome criticism though.

s3an8
02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
no way russel falls to 8

NJPHIN34
02-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Although an incredible talent, the Oakland Raiders would be pretty dumb to take Calvin Johnson. They already have Randy Moss and Jerry Porter, but they don't have a QB of the future. We can use Detroit as an example of why you don't invest so much at a position where you are already wealthy.

There is also that old saying, you don't pass up the chance at a franchise QB if you don't already have one. The Raiders don't have a franchise QB, so it is likely that they take Russell or Quinn.

What I'm also interested to find out is what some teams think about their current QBs. Using that saying from above, I wonder if Tampa, Minnesota and Houston think they have their franchise QBs? If they do, then we have a great shot of landing whoever Oakland doesn't take.

Dj Shoj
02-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Awful..........I think i might vomit:fire:

Jaj
02-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Branch and Adams are starting to appear like they have a great chance of being drafted by us. Here's a question though who do the Texans draft if Peterson is gone and the 6,7, and 8 has Anderson, Adams, and Branch still available. Do the Texans draft Branch? Three DL in a row?

As far the vomit comment could you elaborate. It's a reasonable draft, there is nothing absurd in it at all. The Raiders may trade for Leftwich.

dolphinfan2k5
02-01-2007, 08:05 PM
no way russel falls to 8

I think there's a good chance that either Quinn or Russell will go at #8. Oakland will most likely take Calvin Johnson, but if they take either one then you are right. The Lions could take one, but I doubt it. Cleveland is also a possibility but I think they will opt for Peterson. Tampa might not even take one. There's no way that the Cardinals or Redskins take one and highly, highly unlikely that Minnesota does. So realistically, if either one slips out of the top 4, which is definitely a possibility, then said QB would likely fall to 8 with the absence of a trade. And with players like Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Joe Thomas all realistic top 4 picks, you count discount the possibility of either Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell falling to #8 or even #9.

dolphinfan2k5
02-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Although an incredible talent, the Oakland Raiders would be pretty dumb to take Calvin Johnson. They already have Randy Moss and Jerry Porter, but they don't have a QB of the future. We can use Detroit as an example of why you don't invest so much at a position where you are already wealthy.

There is also that old saying, you don't pass up the chance at a franchise QB if you don't already have one. The Raiders don't have a franchise QB, so it is likely that they take Russell or Quinn.

What I'm also interested to find out is what some teams think about their current QBs. Using that saying from above, I wonder if Tampa, Minnesota and Houston think they have their franchise QBs? If they do, then we have a great shot of landing whoever Oakland doesn't take.

I don't expect Moss or Porter to be in Oakland next year. Especially not Porter. I also expect the Raiders to pursue Byron Leftwich, Mike Vick, or Matt Schaub in the offseason. Don't forget that the Raiders passed on Leinart last year and Al Davis has never drafted a 1st round QB. Most Raiders fans that I've talked to are totally happy seeing Calvin Johnson as their pick, and most often bring up valid arguments against QB's when they are the pick in mocks

dolphinfan2k5
02-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Branch and Adams are starting to appear like they have a great chance of being drafted by us. Here's a question though who do the Texans draft if Peterson is gone and the 6,7, and 8 has Anderson, Adams, and Branch still available. Do the Texans draft Branch? Three DL in a row?

As far the vomit comment could you elaborate. It's a reasonable draft, there is nothing absurd in it at all. The Raiders may trade for Leftwich.

If Peterson and both QBs are already gone I could see them drafting Branch. I think there would be a big chance that they would try and trade down in that situation but we know that you can't on getting anyone to trade with you. Heck they could go with Adams or Anderson if they are there. That would be the start of a very nice, young front 7 with Williams, Anderson/Adams, Demeco Ryans.

Another option they would have would be LaRon Landry/Reggie Nelson, or even Levi Brown.

jim1
02-01-2007, 08:21 PM
no way russel falls to 8

Don't be so sure about that.

Jaj
02-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't think they'd draft Branch. I truly don't think they would based off of the fact that they also have Jason Babin on that defensive line. They've been drafting DL for three years straight, I made a mistake previously. They also signed Anthony Weaver recently. So yes they are heavier as far as their spending on DE than DT, but Anthony Maddox is a capable player.

They need a LT and a FS much more than another defensive linemen.

VT Dolphan
02-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I'd have to agree, I'd be very surprised if Russell fell that far. Otherwise, thats a pretty decent mock for your first one. Although, I really hope that is not how the actual draft unfolds. I will be very dissapointed if Quinn, Adams, Branch or Anderson are all gone when we pick. Levi Brown is good, but I still think its somewhat of a reach...better than Ginn I suppose.

SpencerFS
02-01-2007, 08:36 PM
i personally think Levi brown is a reach unless he has an amazing combine i am still not convinvced he is our franchise left tackle like some people on the boards here say

marcodolphin
02-01-2007, 08:37 PM
we cant pass on ginn

dolphinfan2k5
02-01-2007, 08:47 PM
I don't think they'd draft Branch. I truly don't think they would based off of the fact that they also have Jason Babin on that defensive line. They've been drafting DL for three years straight, I made a mistake previously. They also signed Anthony Weaver recently. So yes they are heavier as far as their spending on DE than DT, but Anthony Maddox is a capable player.

They need a LT and a FS much more than another defensive linemen.

Good points. Seems like Landry, Nelson or Brown would all be more likely picks there if they couldn't trade down. My bet would be on Landry, depending on the combine of course.

Spartiate
02-01-2007, 08:53 PM
For some reason I just cant see Tampa picking Brady Quinn. Didn't they just sign Chris Simms to a new 2 year deal?

I think Tampa needs a WR and defense the most. If Calvin Johnson is not there when they pick they should probably go defense.

Sean
02-01-2007, 08:59 PM
how bout troy smith in the 3rd?

Regan21286
02-01-2007, 09:18 PM
1. Oakland Raiders
WR Calvin Johnson

2. Detroit Lions
OT Joe Thomas

3. Cleveland Browns
RB Adrian Peterson

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
QB Brady Quinn

5. Arizona Cardinals
DE Jamaal Anderson

6. Washington Redskins
DT Alan Branch

7. Minnesota Vikings
DE Gaines Adams

8. Houston Texans
QB JaMarcus Russell

9. Miami Dolphins
OT Levi Brown

10. Atlanta Falcons
S LaRon Landry

11. San Fransisco 49ers
WR Ted Ginn Jr.

12. Buffalo Bills
DT Amobi Okoye

13. St. Louis Rams
DE/DT Adam Carriker

14. Carolina Panthers
S Reggie Nelson

15. Pittsburgh Steelers
CB Leon Hall

16. Green Bay Packers
RB Marshawn Lynch

17. Jacksonville Jaguars
OLB Lawrence Timmons

18. Cincinnati Bengals
CB Darrelle Revis

19. Tennessee Titans
DE Victor Abiamiri

20. New York Giants
CB Daymeion Hughes

21. Denver Broncos
WR Dwayne Jarrett

22. Dallas Cowboys
OG Justin Blaylock

23. Kansas City Chiefs
WR Sidney Rice

24. New England Patriots
LB Patrick Willis

25. New York Jets
CB Chris Houston

26. Philadelphia Eagles
S Michael Griffin

27. New Orleans Saints
OLB Paul Posluzney

28. New England Patriots
DE Quentin Moses

29. Baltimore Ravens
DE Jarvis Moss

30. San Diego Chargers
WR Robert Meachem

31. Indianapolis Colts
DT Tank Tyler

32. Chicago Bears
TE Zach Miller

Remember this is my first ever mock draft so just try not to be too harsh. I welcome criticism though.

It's a fairly reasonable draft. But I just don't see the Bucs drafting QB unless Gruden is gone. Gruden's a major Simms fan, who they just resigned for a price not worth it if he's a backup. Plus they have another young guy in Gradowski. They've got bigger holes to fill, especially WR considering Galloway's aging, Clayton's missing in action, and there's no one else. I'd imagine the Raiders drafting Russell because frankly, Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter aren't exactly appetizing options at QB. Makes me happy about our situation even. I think Texans will stick with Carr and look to upgrade that rotating RB situation or upgrade their D.

Stitches
02-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Yea, it seems like a reasonable mock, especially considering it's your first. The only major grumble I have with it is Hughes going so high, especially before Leon Hall. It seems like you have a lot of corners going sooner than I would expect, but it really isn't too bad.

dolphinfan2k5
02-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Yea, it seems like a reasonable mock, especially considering it's your first. The only major grumble I have with it is Hughes going so high, especially before Leon Hall. It seems like you have a lot of corners going sooner than I would expect, but it really isn't too bad.

Hall is the 1st corner taken. Hughes is the third.

Jaj
02-01-2007, 10:00 PM
That is far from guaranteed.

Stitches
02-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Hall is the 1st corner taken. Hughes is the third.

My bad, I was looking for him, and I just skipped right over him. Either way, I still think it's high for Hughes. Other than that, it's a reasonable mock(though I'd be surprised if more than 7 picks were right)

Finole
02-01-2007, 10:20 PM
1. Oakland Raiders
WR Calvin Johnson

Oakland - Brady Quinn

2. Detroit Lions
OT Joe Thomas

Detroit - JaMarcus Russell

3. Cleveland Browns
RB Adrian Peterson

I agree. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
QB Brady Quinn

TB - Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, or Gaines Adams

5. Arizona Cardinals
DE Jamaal Anderson

AZ - Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, or Gaines Adams

6. Washington Redskins
DT Alan Branch

Wash - Calvin Johnson

7. Minnesota Vikings
DE Gaines Adams

Minny - Dwayne Jarrett or Ted Ginn, Jr.

8. Houston Texans
QB JaMarcus Russell

Houston - Joe Thomas

9. Miami Dolphins
OT Levi Brown

Yes! I hope you're right.

After #9, I don't know who will go where. I'm just hoping Ryan Kalil, Paul Posluszny, or Drew Stanton are available when we pick in the 2nd round.

But this could all change tomorrow. Free agency. Combines. Teams trading up or down. Who knows what will happen?

dolphinfan2k5
02-01-2007, 10:26 PM
That is far from guaranteed.

Yeah I know, I'm saying thats how I had it in my mock.

alienalias
02-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Definitely not as bad as your response. Way to offer constructive criticism there. In fact, your post is the worst on this entire thread.

alienalias
02-01-2007, 10:30 PM
we cant pass on ginn
No. No, no ,no. We simply can't TAKE Ginn at #9. Too high.

texasPHINSfan
02-01-2007, 11:13 PM

they will most likely dump moss and porter, needing a WR. They drafted a QB last year who they are still very high on. They just need to build talent around him on the offense.

As far as Brown, i don't see him going to us that high. Yeah it would be nice because we need an LT, but he's not pick 9 talent.

texasPHINSfan
02-01-2007, 11:16 PM
i don't think the Raiders are going to take a QB because history has shown they haven't taken QBs in the first (save for Marinovich, and look how that turned out.) Al Davis isn't big on QB in the first, and i have no reason to expect different this year.

whats more they drafted Walter last year and despite his poor rookie season, he did show flashes of brilliance and they figure if they get him a decent supporting cast, they can build around him. I happen to agree. i see them picking Johnson, as you projected

Aqua and Orange
02-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah I think Raiders take Quinn or Russell. I also think we take Ginn if he is available to us.

SF Dolphin Fan
02-01-2007, 11:37 PM
I would hate to see the Bills get Okoye. I think he could be the player that people look at a few years from now like they do with Shawn Merriman. Brown would be a solid pick for Miami and I can definitely see that. If qb's start to fall, though, the Dolphins might trade up.

musphinzfan
02-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Good Mock its gonna be either Russell or Johnson at 1....I really hope Levi kis not taken by Miami at 9...Hes either a RT or a LG i n the NFL.

xDOLPHINSx
02-02-2007, 12:31 AM

Sarcasm?...I hope so. This is a good mock, but being that i still havent givin up on Alabi, I dont really like the Brown pick. Give Alabi a chance and if he's not cut out for it, hes not cut out for it. The "Rising Star" comment has really gotten to me i think. Next years draft already has a couple good LT's, so i'd like to see Alabi get the nod this time around. I would take Ted Ginn or Gaines Adams/Alan Branch. Nice first mock though, i like how you have Abiamiri goin mid first, pretty ballsy.:lol: I think you could be right, he had an excellent senior bowl.

dolphinfan2k5
02-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Sarcasm?...I hope so. This is a good mock, but being that i still havent givin up on Alabi, I dont really like the Brown pick. Give Alabi a chance and if he's not cut out for it, hes not cut out for it. The "Rising Star" comment has really gotten to me i think. Next years draft already has a couple good LT's, so i'd like to see Alabi get the nod this time around. I would take Ted Ginn or Gaines Adams/Alan Branch. Nice first mock though, i like how you have Abiamiri goin mid first, pretty ballsy.:lol: I think you could be right, he had an excellent senior bowl.

Yep, and all reports are that he looked like he was in excellent shape so I expect him to have a terrific combine.

JBinSD
02-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Oakland - Brady Quinn

Wash - Calvin Johnson

Houston - Joe Thomas

After #9, I don't know who will go where. I'm just hoping Ryan Kalil, Paul Posluszny, or Drew Stanton are available when we pick in the 2nd round.

But this could all change tomorrow. Free agency. Combines. Teams trading up or down. Who knows what will happen?

With all due respect, you have lost your mind. There is NO WAY both Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas slip out of the Top 5 picks. I'll eat my shirt if it does. With hot sauce.

cheekychap
02-02-2007, 06:56 AM
I don't expect Moss or Porter to be in Oakland next year. Especially not Porter. I also expect the Raiders to pursue Byron Leftwich, Mike Vick, or Matt Schaub in the offseason. Don't forget that the Raiders passed on Leinart last year and Al Davis has never drafted a 1st round QB. Most Raiders fans that I've talked to are totally happy seeing Calvin Johnson as their pick, and most often bring up valid arguments against QB's when they are the pick in mocks

Uh, Todd Marinovich was a late first...

cheekychap
02-02-2007, 06:59 AM
There is no way Joe Thomas goes that low. And if he does, I would expect that we trade up to get him.

WE NEED A GOOD LT AND CB. In the first, we don't need a WR, or a QB, and especially not a DT or DE.

Oakland - Brady Quinn

Wash - Calvin Johnson

Houston - Joe Thomas

Dj Shoj
02-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Definitely not as bad as your response. Way to offer constructive criticism there. In fact, your post is the worst on this entire thread.
Quit being so Sentimental, this aint a soap!:eek:

Motion
02-02-2007, 12:36 PM

:shakeno: Thats a solid mock. Why don't you contribute alittle more and explain why you think its so awful?

we cant pass on ginn

Sure we can.

Stitches
02-02-2007, 12:41 PM
:shakeno: Thats a solid mock. Why don't you contribute alittle more and explain why you think its so awful?

Sure we can.

And I hope we do.

xDOLPHINSx
02-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I actually think Ginn could do a lot for this team, but i'll refrain from thread jacking. lol There are probably only about 4-5 guys that would actually make me happy come draft day. The combine is going to be huge as usual though, and my opinions will more than likely change.

IluvJuMiami
02-02-2007, 03:10 PM
no way russel falls to 8

Like no way Leinart falls to 10? It's the draft, it's months ahead, it's a guessing game at this point. This mock is as good as any.

Finole
02-02-2007, 04:11 PM
With all due respect, you have lost your mind. There is NO WAY both Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas slip out of the Top 5 picks. I'll eat my shirt if it does. With hot sauce.

You're probably right. But if Oakland and Detroit both go QB and QB. You know Cleveland needs a running back. And AZ does NOT need another WR.

That leaves TB. They can't pick both Johnson and Thomas. So it is possible that at least one of them falls out of the Top 5. Possible. Not Probable. But possible.

Keep this in mind... What would you have said if I told you Reggie Bush was going to slip to New Orleans?

Crowder52
02-02-2007, 04:18 PM
You're probably right. But if Oakland and Detroit both go QB and QB. You know Cleveland needs a running back. And AZ does NOT need another WR.

That leaves TB. They can't pick both Johnson and Thomas. So it is possible that at least one of them falls out of the Top 5. Possible. Not Probable. But possible.

Keep this in mind... What would you have said if I told you Reggie Bush was going to slip to New Orleans?

So Arizona would take Joe Thomas, and Tampa would take Calvin Johnson. It seems all but impossible for even one of them to fall.