PDA

View Full Version : Should Steve Nash win the NBA MVP for the third straight year???

phinphan896
02-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Should Steve Nash win the NBA's MVP award for the third straight year? That question has been controversial for the last few months and i personally dont believe he should win it. Im not seeing hes not a great player but you cant put himon the same level as mihcael and Magic. He already has two, lets change it now. It seems like their giving it to him because they have no one else to give it to. I hope gilbert or Lebron or someone else is able to win it. I personally just dont think the Steve Nash is good enough to be called three time league MVP.

Alex44
02-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I dont think he should have won the first or second but hey.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Absolutely he should!

Dolfan984
02-01-2007, 08:47 PM
The Suns are a completely different team when he's on the floor. Without him, they're a mess.

Doesn't mean he's the MVP or he deserved the first two, but the man is money.

Rocky Raccoon
02-01-2007, 08:59 PM
yup, he's the best player in the league IMO.

Fresh
02-01-2007, 09:00 PM
No offense, but dumb thread.

We're not even at the All-Star point yet. Anything can happen.

But, honestly speaking, he shouldn't of won it the last 2 years.

2005 - Shaq
2006 - Kobe or LeBron

phinphan896
02-01-2007, 09:03 PM
No offense, but dumb thread.

We're not even at the All-Star point yet. Anything can happen.

But, honestly speaking, he shouldn't of won it the last 2 years.

2005 - Shaq
2006 - Kobe or LeBron
i started this thread because i was talking about it to some people i know and there were mixed feelings so want to see what reasons people say that they do or dont want him to win it again.

Fresh
02-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh, because the poll says "should" he, not if we "want" him to.

It's waaaaay too early to say whether or not he should win it........

DonShula84
02-01-2007, 09:49 PM
I dont think he shouldnt get it simply because he isnt MJ or Magic. His legacy compared to other greats has nothing to do with whether he is the MVP of the league this year. And as King said, it's way too early

Amars
02-01-2007, 10:05 PM
he cant even stay on floor

FinNasty
02-01-2007, 10:18 PM
No, he shouldnt...

Because he shouldnt have won it over Shaq 2 years ago...

However, he was deserving last year, and deserving this year. But he hasnt been a lock either of the years hes won it... and because of that I think they should give it to someone else... instead of giving it to him for a 3rd time when he barely won the last 2...

djfresh47
02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Yes, he deserved the first two and right now he should be league MVP. It doesn't matter who the other 3-time MVP's are.

Vertical Limit
02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
He so deserved it the past two years. He lifted a pathetic team and was closing in 70 wins in his first season, and in his 2nd season he takes his team to the Conference championship without his co-star, Amare Stoudemire.

bullseyeguy
02-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Last year I could have understood the case to give it to a few others, I do think he deserved it though...This year, I cant see anyone who is even in the same ballpark as him right now...

Amars
02-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Dirk

djfresh47
02-01-2007, 11:20 PM
He so deserved it the past two years. He lifted a pathetic team and was closing in 70 wins in his first season, and in his 2nd season he takes his team to the Conference championship without his co-star, Amare Stoudemire.

He deserved it though San Antonio/Dallas should've been the conference championship.

bullseyeguy
02-01-2007, 11:27 PM
The Lenovo says he is the MVP this far in...

http://www.nba.com/news/Lenovo_Breakdown_070130.html

WestCKoastiN
02-02-2007, 12:50 AM
umm... NO! Kobe or Arenas ! Nash didn't even deserve thoose 2 other ones..

Fresh
02-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Last year I could have understood the case to give it to a few others, I do think he deserved it though...This year, I cant see anyone who is even in the same ballpark as him right now...

I agree.

I too, can't find a single player who plays defense nearly as bad as Nash does.

But as of right now, Dirk is my personal choice for MVP.

I must say though, gotta love how Kobe has semi-altered his game.

UCFinfan86
02-02-2007, 12:52 AM
IMO he deserves it, i don't care who won the award last year, its Most Valueable Player this season. And he is the most valueable, although it will be a close race with Kobe, Arenas, and Wade in the discussion as well

wazzy
02-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Is it not this years MVP? I don't think the last 2 seasons should come into consideration even though they were iffy calls when they were given to him! With that said so far this season he deserves it hands down but Pheonix must keep dominating in order for him to win it because if they get on a bit of a slump or don't keep up with what they have done so far this season a lot of people will be looking for a new MVP!

Give it to Bosh if the Raptors win the division!

Fresh
02-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Is it not this years MVP? I don't think the last 2 seasons should come into consideration even though they were iffy calls when they were given to him! With that said so far this season he deserves it hands down but Pheonix must keep dominating in order for him to win it because if they get on a bit of a slump or don't keep up with what they have done so far this season a lot of people will be looking for a new MVP!

Give it to Bosh if the Raptors win the division!

Chris Bosh is one of my favorite players, but MVP? Jeez...........

He's having the third best season out've his draft class, much less overall.

(I don't rate Carmelo Anthony, sorry)

bullseyeguy
02-02-2007, 01:07 AM
Ppg 19.6
Apg 12.0
fg 54%
3pt 50%
Ft 88%

Eff + 25.35

wazzy
02-02-2007, 01:08 AM

I know I was just throwing it out there! However if he had a monsterous second half and we win the conference he can maybe slide in there!

I know a lot has to happen in order for this to happen!

Fresh
02-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Ppg 19.6
Apg 12.0
fg 54%
3pt 50%
Ft 88%

Eff + 25.35

You know that doesn't include defense right?

Kobe >>>>>>>>>>> Nash.

I know I was just throwing it out there! However if he had a monsterous second half and we win the conference he can maybe slide in there!

I know a lot has to happen in order for this to happen!

More than "a lot to happen" - the text in red = IMPOSSIBLE.

Aside from the MVP nonsense, lol, I agree that Bosh is having a GREAT year.

People who posted on here back around the '03 draft know that I wanted him to slip to Miami @ #5. ****, even though Bosh is great and I'm very happy he's an All-Star this year, we'd of never had Wade......ahhhhhhhh, that's a SCARY thought! :eek:

Amars
02-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Nash has no D

bullseyeguy
02-02-2007, 01:13 AM
Nash's D is very underrated...Hes not the greatest individual defender, but thats not how the Suns play...Hes a very good team defender which fits into Phoenix's game...

Fresh
02-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Nash has no D

I'm sick & tired of the lack of respect for your boy.

There isn't a superstar in the league who on their best night could defend as good as Kobe can on his worst. I appreciate Kobe Bryant as much as any NBA player because I am huge on defense, and I respect the fact that he takes so much pride in playing it. I've been agreeing with Charles Barkely for the longest.........the reason why this league isn't what it once was is because these superstars don't care to play defense. Kobe Bryant does. The problem is, the league embraces guys who could care less about BOTH sides of the court.

bullseyeguy
02-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Oh and how are you gonna say Nowitzki should win, but exclude Nash due to his Defense? SInce when has Dirk played good D?

Pink_Dove
02-02-2007, 01:18 AM
I hate bringing up the race card and keep in mind this isn't directed towards anyone in particular but I think if Steve Nash was another skin colour a lot of people wouldn't give him as hard a time as he does. On the other hand, he probably wouldn't get as much press as he does if he weren't white. The result is that a lot of people aren't objective when it comes to his case.

And reading comments in this thread such as him not deserving past MVP awards (completely irrelevant to this season) or people saying he deserves it and not offering any credible explanation for why, has only further validated my feelings about this.

Fresh
02-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Oh and how are you gonna say Nowitzki should win, but exclude Nash due to his Defense? SInce when has Dirk played good D?

He's 2x the defender Nash is, I can tell you that much.

While Dirk isn't essentially a top of the line defender, he's also not a defensive liability. He's a body.

Steve Nash is the biggest system player in NBA history. He may be the guy who runs the system, but it's built to perfection as far as complimenting his game. I mean, why wasn't he NEARLY this good in Dallas? I'm still waiting for someone to answer me on that question. And, please don't tell me he developed like some idiot on RealGM said......he left Dallas at age 30.

I can name a ton of PG's who could replace Nash in Phoenix and have similar success.

Amars
02-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Nash is just liked by the voters.

Love him or hate him KOBE is the face of the NBA. When you think of the NBA you think of Kobe at least in the top 3 in your mind. I tend to think that he's #1. The Lakers sellout more road game then any other team in the NBA. They aint going to see Lakers they want to see Kobe. Just last night in Boston they were chanting KOBE MVP. CHEERING A LAKER IN FREAKIN BOSTON GARDENS. Its amazing. If I was the owner of the Celtics I would fire everyone starting with the front office all the way to Doc Rivers. You will never ever ever hear a crowd cheer for a opposing team especially the celtics at a lakers home game.

Amars
02-02-2007, 01:30 AM
I think the Suns GM has done great getting players that fit D'Antoni fast style. You put any of these players on another team and I bet they dont suceed. Just look at Tim Thomas on the Clippers. Horrible he's a clipper killer. I give all the credit to Mike and the front office for the suns success and nash MVP.

Pink_Dove
02-02-2007, 02:31 AM
He's 2x the defender Nash is, I can tell you that much.

While Dirk isn't essentially a top of the line defender, he's also not a defensive liability. He's a body.

Steve Nash is the biggest system player in NBA history. He may be the guy who runs the system, but it's built to perfection as far as complimenting his game. I mean, why wasn't he NEARLY this good in Dallas? I'm still waiting for someone to answer me on that question. And, please don't tell me he developed like some idiot on RealGM said......he left Dallas at age 30.

I can name a ton of PG's who could replace Nash in Phoenix and have similar success.

I'm not a Suns fan or Nash homer but I'll gladly put on my devil's advocate suit just for the sake of the argument.

Regarding his defense, with all due respect, I'll take the opinion of an NBA analyst who sees him every second day over a bunch of knowledgeable Miami and LA fans that see him once every blue moon. More than once, I've heard him called one of the best help defenders in the league, that surely must be worth something coming from Majerle.

Moreover, excluding those comments about him being one of the best help defenders, I have a hard time labeling him a defensive liabillity for the following reason. Nash has one of the best AST/TO ratio in the league. And more often that not as a point guard, by turning the ball over, you create fast break points the other way. In that regard, Speedy Claxton might average 2.23 Steals per game, but that doesn't mean he is as a very good defensive PG considering his 2.23 AST/TO ratio. For example during the Suns recent win streak in a span of 8 games, Nash put up 112 assists to 24 TO's. Ridiculous numbers. On the season, he averages a whopping 16.1 Assists per 48 minutes and 12.1 per game for an AST/TO ratio of 3.23.

Finally, why wasn't he NEARLY this good in Dallas ? I think he was plenty good in Dallas. The main difference is D'Antoni has made him the focus in Phoenix, everything resolves around him, which speaks greatly of him considering their success. In other words, he is the system, has the liberty of calling plays, and running up and down the court. The best reflection of the fact that Steve Nash is not a system player and is a very similar player to what he was in Dallas, only surrounded by better teammates and different coaching, are his stats per 40 minutes. Since joining Phoenix his FG attempts, FG %, 3P % have all gone up which has logically bumped up his PPG's but apart from that his stats per 40 minutes are eerily similar to what they were in Dallas. In other words, Steve Nash in a Mavericks uniform was the same player he is today, only he's been given the keys to the castle in Phoenix and surrounded with athletes that feed off his greatest strenghts which are his vision, creativeness and passing ability.

bullseyeguy
02-02-2007, 02:38 AM
In Dallas his team was still leading the league in points for 3 seasons straight...And I dont know where to find the stat on this, but Im sure Nash is in the top 5 in taking charges, if not #1. That has to count for something, Id much rather take a charge then force a missed shot....Like I said Nash is far underrated on D, and hes probably the best offensive player in the game...

bullseyeguy
02-02-2007, 02:41 AM
I hate bringing up the race card and keep in mind this isn't directed towards anyone in particular but I think if Steve Nash was another skin colour a lot of people wouldn't give him as hard a time as he does. On the other hand, he probably wouldn't get as much press as he does if he weren't white. The result is that a lot of people aren't objective when it comes to his case.

And reading comments in this thread such as him not deserving past MVP awards (completely irrelevant to this season) or people saying he deserves it and not offering any credible explanation for why, has only further validated my feelings about this.
I think I offered some pretty credible explanations as to why he deserves the MVP, the Lenovo stat is proabably the most impressive one (Nash leads the league, bye alot)...

Section126
02-02-2007, 03:19 AM
I really don't think it is much of a race so far....

here is the bench mark....

if the Lakers..make the 3rd seed....KOBE is a lock...IMO.

if they make the 4th seed...You must vote for KOBE.

5th seed.....okay...I guess Dirk gets it.

The MVP is KOBE's to lose....

bullseyeguy
02-02-2007, 04:08 AM
I checked back as far as 1985, and there has never been a player who has averaged 12 assists a game, while scoring 19+ let alone shooting as high a percentage in FGs and 3s...

The last person to average 11 assists was Marc Jackson in 96-97, the last person to go 12 was John Stockton in 94-95...

Nash is having his best year ever, and so are the Suns..If this trend continues, I dont think you cant give it to him.

Enforcerfin33
02-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Nash is just liked by the voters.

Love him or hate him KOBE is the face of the NBA. When you think of the NBA you think of Kobe at least in the top 3 in your mind. I tend to think that he's #1. The Lakers sellout more road game then any other team in the NBA. They aint going to see Lakers they want to see Kobe. Just last night in Boston they were chanting KOBE MVP. CHEERING A LAKER IN FREAKIN BOSTON GARDENS. Its amazing. If I was the owner of the Celtics I would fire everyone starting with the front office all the way to Doc Rivers. You will never ever ever hear a crowd cheer for a opposing team especially the celtics at a lakers home game.
I cant believe they cheered for him at Boston Garden! Nothing is sacred anymore...I'm with Section, if Kobe carries his team to a good playoff spot he deserves it. But the #'s that Nash puts up its hard to count him out, ever.

Pink_Dove
02-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I think I offered some pretty credible explanations as to why he deserves the MVP, the Lenovo stat is proabably the most impressive one (Nash leads the league, bye alot)...

Agreed but you're the only one that did.

KTownsDolphins
02-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Unless something different happens in the second half, he should win, his numbers prove it, his numbers are better than last year.

He's the best player on the court. He drives the Suns.

Why he may not win it, because the voters correct me if I'm wrong "(WHO ARE ALL AMERICAN, hope this will have nothing to do with it)" don't want him to be in the same class as the other 3 timers in a row.

The sadest fact is that he's Canadian will hurt his chances, a canadian being MVP 3 times in a row in an american game does not sit well with some americans.

Keyword in my post "SOME", not all. The sad part is some people think this way, I just hope its no one on this board.

KTownsDolphins
02-02-2007, 03:31 PM

I agree I'm a huge Raptors fan and Bosh does not deserver it.

However, I do think Bargnani(sp??) should be considered for rookie of the year.

phinphan896
02-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Ppg 19.6
Apg 12.0
fg 54%
3pt 50%
Ft 88%

Eff + 25.35
if we went by effeciency then Kevin Garnett would have to win it every single year.

Amars
02-04-2007, 02:52 AM
The Suns without Nash are still a top 5 team in the NBA. You can put in a 2nd tier PG and they will still be successful. Take away Kobe the lakers are horrible. Take away Dirk the Mavs are horrible. Take away Dwade the Heat are horrible. Take away Nash the Suns are still good and contenders.

finfansince72
02-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Arenas deserves it, the Wizards are at the top in the east and hes the reason.

UCFinfan86
02-04-2007, 12:56 PM
The Suns without Nash are still a top 5 team in the NBA. You can put in a 2nd tier PG and they will still be successful. Take away Kobe the lakers are horrible. Take away Dirk the Mavs are horrible. Take away Dwade the Heat are horrible. Take away Nash the Suns are still good and contenders.

They are not a top 5 team without Nash, Whenever nash sits on the bench and either Barbosa or Banks is running the point they can't do ****.

Motion
02-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Agent 0

Amars
02-04-2007, 01:06 PM
They are not a top 5 team without Nash, Whenever nash sits on the bench and either Barbosa or Banks is running the point they can't do ****.

I said if they bring in a 2 tier Pg like a J Williams or Derek Fisher not one of their own player.

Amars
02-04-2007, 01:10 PM

he's good

Megatron
02-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Nash is a great player and win or lose his MVP wins shouldn't be dissed.

tucker
02-04-2007, 02:46 PM
its teh system they run that makes nash look good

tucker
02-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Nash is a great player and win or lose his MVP wins shouldn't be dissed.
arent you canadian? a little bias there maybe?

djfresh47
02-04-2007, 03:05 PM

Aren't the Heat under .500 in the Junior conference? The Suns without Nash are not a contender. If you take off the top player on any team their will be a huge dropoff, so what? The Spurs without Tim Duncan are the Atlanta Hawks. Does that mean he deserves MVP?

I think race has alot to do with the lack of respect for Nash. A small white guy who dominates the game by being a pass first player won't get the respect as other players. It does lead to better media coverage but I really hate what David Stern is doing to the league. This is off topic but LeBron clubs Wade in the head which was more violent than Kobe's hit on Manu and doesn't get anything? Both were intentional IMO, but because LeBron and Wade are friends nothing is done? The NBA protects its stars but the officiating is a joke. I watched the Utah Jazz mug Spurs players the other night and nothing was called. On the other hand guys running under players to take a charge and being labeled great defenders is a joke.

King Felix
02-04-2007, 03:10 PM
ginobli shoulda got suspended for leading his knee right into amare stoudamires balls

Fresh
02-04-2007, 03:14 PM

I don't even consider Washington that much of a contender.

There's a reason why the Wizards are so improved, and it's Caron Butler's play. Gilbert Arenas is having his best year, but he's not playing SIGNIFICANTLY better than last year. The bigger difference has been Caron Butler, the only player on that team who understands what defense is. Not hating on Agent 0.........I just don't see him as an "MVP worthy" player.

King Felix
02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
arent you canadian? a little bias there maybe?no one in particular but you do find random canadians who never post in basketball threads defend nash

Fresh
02-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Something interesting though - if one can make a case for Gilbert Arenas, then why not Dwyane Wade? Minus a game where Wade scored 0 points in 3-5 minutes before getting injured......his numbers are 29.5 PPG, 8 APG, 5.1 RPG vs. Gil's 29.7 PPG, 6.3 APG, 4.6 RPG. Biggest difference is Dwyane's 49% shooting vs. Gil's 43%. Arenas is a shoot first guy, and Wade is one who sometimes spends QUARTERS trying to get his teammates involved. Still, he's averaging about the same points per + shooting at a WAY higher percentage. Even with the game that screwed his stats, he's at 28.8 PPG, 7.8 APG, & 5 RPG. Wade has also went the entire season so far without a valid second option; Arenas is playing with an All-Star in Caron Butler. I just appreciate perimeter guys who should over 45% more than the rest.

No homerism either, I'm making a case OVER Arenas.

Personally, I'd call Kobe Bryant my MVP..............again. Maybe Dirk.

phinphan896
02-04-2007, 05:03 PM

There's a reason why the Wizards are so improved, and it's Caron Butler's play. Gilbert Arenas is having his best year, but he's not playing SIGNIFICANTLY better than last year. The bigger difference has been Caron Butler, the only player on that team who understands what defense is. Not hating on Agent 0.........I just don't see him as an "MVP worthy" player.
Caron butler is having a great yeaer. hes surpassed jamison as the second best player on that team

djfresh47
02-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Something interesting though - if one can make a case for Gilbert Arenas, then why not Dwyane Wade? Minus a game where Wade scored 0 points in 3-5 minutes before getting injured......his numbers are 29.5 PPG, 8 APG, 5.1 RPG vs. Gil's 29.7 PPG, 6.3 APG, 4.6 RPG. Biggest difference is Dwyane's 49% shooting vs. Gil's 43%. Arenas is a shoot first guy, and Wade is one who sometimes spends QUARTERS trying to get his teammates involved. Still, he's averaging about the same points per + shooting at a WAY higher percentage. Even with the game that screwed his stats, he's at 28.8 PPG, 7.8 APG, & 5 RPG. Wade has also went the entire season so far without a valid second option; Arenas is playing with an All-Star in Caron Butler. I just appreciate perimeter guys who should over 45% more than the rest.

No homerism either, I'm making a case OVER Arenas.

Personally, I'd call Kobe Bryant my MVP..............again. Maybe Dirk.

It's an individual award but I don't think a player on a bad team should get the award. Maybe the Heat turn it around the 2nd half but when the Heat get a few games over .500 people can throw Wade's name out there.

Fresh
02-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Caron butler is having a great yeaer. hes surpassed jamison as the second best player on that team

Caron was the second best player on that team last year.

It's an individual award but I don't think a player on a bad team should get the award. Maybe the Heat turn it around the 2nd half but when the Heat get a few games over .500 people can throw Wade's name out there.
Which is exactly why threads like this one = stupid at this point in the year.

Anything can happen - Washington can fall out like they ALWAYS do, and Miami can go on a run like they ALWAYS do. Miami is what, about 5 games out've first place in the Southeast? Miami also plays Washington 3 more times, and we OWN that team........

I don't really care about regular season NBA records. They're pretty irrelevant.

Records aside, Miami and Detroit are the teams to beat in the Eastern Conference.

djfresh47
02-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Caron was the second best player on that team last year.

Which is exactly why threads like this one = stupid at this point in the year.

Anything can happen - Washington can fall out like they ALWAYS do, and Miami can go on a run like they ALWAYS do. Miami is what, about 5 games out've first place in the Southeast? Miami also plays Washington 3 more times, and we OWN that team........

I don't really care about regular season NBA records. They're pretty irrelevant.

Records aside, Miami and Detroit are the teams to beat in the Eastern Conference.

Miami and Detroit are going to get the label "team to beat" because people have seen them be elite teams. Say Miami gets in with a 6-7-8 seed record wise it'd be an upset if they went on but personally I don't think it'd be an upset. On paper i'm a huge fan of Chicago but I think big men win championships and i'm not a fan of any of their bigs.

Phoenix and Dallas are the class of the league although Phoenix has struggled against the other top teams out west. Though i'm waiting for San Antonio to go on a run where they go 23-2 or some thing like they always do. The problem they have is when they've got their starting 5 out teams only have to guard 3 players.

finfansince72
02-04-2007, 11:21 PM

Caron's great, Im a Wiz fan I love the guy, but theres not even a question that Arenas is by a far margin their best player. Dismissing a team having the best record is just silly. Arenas is most certainly a legit canidate for MVP, take him away and the Wiz are maybe the 8th seed, maybe, right now they are 1 or 2, thats a huge difference. He will get a lot of votes, thankfully you dont have one, your idea of what is MVP worthy is silly.

bullseyeguy
02-10-2007, 02:32 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007020921

Atlanta 120, Phoenix 111

Can we stop with the whole, "Suns would still be a top team without Nash" talk now?

finfansince72
02-10-2007, 10:17 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007020921

Atlanta 120, Phoenix 111

Can we stop with the whole, "Suns would still be a top team without Nash" talk now?

Well they still would have given up 120 to Atlanta with Nash, they just would have scored 130:lol:.
Really Im not for dumping on Nash, hes played great for the Suns sinces hes been there. I just think its time the award went to other deserving players. Phoenix isnt a alltime great team and Nash isnt a alltime great player, guys like MJ and his Bulls teams (ie multiple championships) get the MVP 3 times in a row. Nash isn't a runaway, if he was Id be down with 3 in a row with no championships, but hes had his awards, its time to give it up to someone else. There are equally or more deserving players so lets give him his due for getting 2 in a row and move on.

In_Flames
02-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Nash gets my vote, with Dirk following close behind...

The Confessor
02-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I think its entirely too early to tell yet, but at this point, he would have to be in the discussions. As FINFANSINCE72 pointed out, 2 MVP-0 Championships. That might be the defining point of whether he gets it or not.
SUNS CHAMPIONSHIP = NASH 3X MVP

Not saying that is fair one way or the other...just saying I could easily see it playing out that way.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I think its entirely too early to tell yet, but at this point, he would have to be in the discussions. As FINFANSINCE72 pointed out, 2 MVP-0 Championships. That might be the defining point of whether he gets it or not.
SUNS CHAMPIONSHIP = NASH 3X MVP

Not saying that is fair one way or the other...just saying I could easily see it playing out that way.

The voting is done before the playoffs are over so the voters vote before a champion is crowned. It's a regular season award therefore, the playoffs have no impact on the vote!

Wagon Circler
02-13-2007, 06:20 AM
Nash for MVP.

Enforcerfin33
02-13-2007, 09:35 AM
I'll tell you one thing, its hard to beleive with such a talented team he would make as much of a difference as he does, but you can definately tell the difference when he's not playing, of how important he is.

bullseyeguy
02-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Nash for MVP.See guys, I told you not all Bills fans were dopes...This one is obviously of a very high intelligence...

AirMarino83
02-14-2007, 08:22 PM
See guys, I told you not all Bills fans were dopes...This one is obviously of a very high intelligence...

its only cause hes from the valley... but nontheless, yes nash is a mvp!