PDA

View Full Version : Pro's vs. Joe's anyone?

Enforcerfin33
02-02-2007, 09:33 AM
I am hooked on this show! I would love to be apart of one(well, I'd get killed, but I'd still love to try) . The first show had three regular guys against Jose Conseco, Randy "The Natural" Couture, Micheal "The playmaker" Irvin, and Kevin Willis. It was a great show. They had to go in the octagon with Randy and survive 5 minutes with him and he made them tap as many times as he could, which is funny because he wasn't known as a submission wrestler, but he still made them his sally's. Then you had to defend The playmaker around the 20, and you had to stop him from scoring, this one was first I think and it lasted awhile. Then of course with Jose they had a home run derby, which he still can launch em. I think he had like 20 some, and the nearest Joe had 8? Then at the end there's like an ultimate thing where you face them all. Last nights was good, but not as good. It had Tim Hardaway, Tim(I think) Clark, Kordell Stewart, and some Hockey guy who knocked the crap out of them, I dont follow hockey, so I cant remember his name, but the guys from Detroit hated him, next week they get to get in the ring with Roy Jones jr., I cant wait for that!

UltraDol-Fan
02-02-2007, 11:41 AM
this show was on last year also. It had some good times. I saw one where you had to catch a pass with Romonowski waiting to hit you. I saw one where you had to hit a pitch from John Rocker, then there were a couple FG competitions with I think Anderson, a contest to see who could hold their breath the longest against some Olympic swimmer, and then a 1 on 1 against a retired basketball player, can't remember who though.

Green Ranger
02-02-2007, 11:53 AM
yea i saw the first one with randy, irving, willis, and jose....good show...its very entertaining

Sethdaddy8
02-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I am hooked on this show! I would love to be apart of one(well, I'd get killed, but I'd still love to try) . The first show had three regular guys against Jose Conseco, Randy "The Natural" Couture, Micheal "The playmaker" Irvin, and Kevin Willis. It was a great show. They had to go in the octagon with Randy and survive 5 minutes with him and he made them tap as many times as he could, which is funny because he wasn't known as a submission wrestler, but he still made them his sally's. Then you had to defend The playmaker around the 20, and you had to stop him from scoring, this one was first I think and it lasted awhile. Then of course with Jose they had a home run derby, which he still can launch em. I think he had like 20 some, and the nearest Joe had 8? Then at the end there's like an ultimate thing where you face them all. Last nights was good, but not as good. It had Tim Hardaway, Tim(I think) Clark, Kordell Stewart, and some Hockey guy who knocked the crap out of them, I dont follow hockey, so I cant remember his name, but the guys from Detroit hated him, next week they get to get in the ring with Roy Jones jr., I cant wait for that!

I didn't see the show, but I think it was Claude Lemieux. Had a very very very cheap and dirty shot once, and nearly killed the guy on the ice.

Im curious, how many times did Couture sub these guys on avg.? Make no mistake, Randy has tremendous submissions(not the best, but still very good), but the top shelf guys he has been matched against the last few years just do not get subbed.

Dolfan984
02-02-2007, 03:28 PM
I'd love to be on the show. Too bad they seem to like guys in their later 20's-early 30's. But I 'd like to think I'd be able to beat a lot of those guys at a lot of things.

The one with Kevin Greene looked painful though. :lol:

Enforcerfin33
02-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I didn't see the show, but I think it was Claude Lemieux. Had a very very very cheap and dirty shot once, and nearly killed the guy on the ice.

Im curious, how many times did Couture sub these guys on avg.? Make no mistake, Randy has tremendous submissions(not the best, but still very good), but the top shelf guys he has been matched against the last few years just do not get subbed.
He made one tap 7 times, then another 5, and the last one 4, but he almost broke ones shoulder, you could hear it popping.

Sethdaddy8
02-02-2007, 03:40 PM
LOL..thats awesome, wish I saw it. Some of those subs are dangerous...normal dudes wouldn't even understand what they are feeling.

Sethdaddy8
02-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I'd love to be on the show. Too bad they seem to like guys in their later 20's-early 30's. But I 'd like to think I'd be able to beat a lot of those guys at a lot of things.

The one with Kevin Greene looked painful though. :lol:

Thats probably your best shot at succeeding though. At least you could get lucky and fake him out or beat him to the corner. The ones like, tackling Herschel Walker on the pursuit angle, or racing justin gatlin, or the homerun derby stuff would be hard...um, and beating clyde drexler in one on one may be difficult too.:lol:

Dolfan984
02-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Thats probably your best shot at succeeding though. At least you could get lucky and fake him out or beat him to the corner. The ones like, tackling Herschel Walker on the pursuit angle, or racing justin gatlin, or the homerun derby stuff would be hard...um, and beating clyde drexler in one on one may be difficult too.:lol:

nah, I could take a hit from romo and catch the pass on the first try, unless it was a bad pass or he hit me before the pass got there. I could probably tackle Herschel Walker considering I saw some dude do it on the show who can't tackle half as well as me (and weighed 20 pounds less). Racing Justin Gatlin would be horrible even though I run about a 6 minute mile or so. There's some that I would just be hoping to beat the other Joe at, not the pro. Any of the football ones I'd have down no problem though. I played 9 years of baseball but was always the leadoff or #2 hitter, never the power guy. I'd love to do the show, kinda like how I want to be on Survivor. I could do that crap. :tongue:

the only way I could have a chance of beating clyde drexler would be to hopefully just move as fast as I could and see if I could wear him out cardio wise. but honestly he'd probably just own me :lol:

and for the MMA....I went state for Wrestling in High school.......but yeah that looks like some serious pain I'm not trying to realize personally :P