PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Pro mock

jim1
02-02-2007, 09:49 AM
This guy seems pretty sharp:

<B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">9

Stitches
02-02-2007, 09:51 AM
It accidently screwed up when you posted.

jim1
02-02-2007, 10:02 AM
It accidently screwed up when you posted.

Sorry, I tried to attatch the link twice, no luck. Try to google it nfl draftpro.com maybe include chris steuber. One last shot:

http://www.nfldraftpro.com/mockdraft.html

Motion
02-02-2007, 10:04 AM
I could live with that.

O'townPhinFan
02-02-2007, 10:13 AM
WOW!!!......

A mock I can actually live with. This guy even sounded like he knows his stuff...

Good read...

jim1
02-02-2007, 10:32 AM
WOW!!!......

A mock I can actually live with. This guy even sounded like he knows his stuff...

Good read...

Some of these mocks are definitely better than others. I want offensive help, but the one defensive guy that I would pick is Adams, just slide him right into attack OLB and Jason Taylor protege' role.

colmax
02-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Really nice mock. I hate that he has Willis going to the Bills.......

O'townPhinFan
02-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Some of these mocks are definitely better than others. I want offensive help, but the one defensive guy that I would pick is Adams, just slide him right into attack OLB and Jason Taylor protege' role.

Yea...I hear ya there. I would love to see some O-line help myself. Would actually like to see Ricky and Ronnie break off those long runs thus opening up our passing game. Our "D" has been strong in years past. Our O-line has always sucked. I am not the HC or GM but thats my opinion and I am sticking to it....lol.

Lab3003
02-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Does Gaines Adams fit a 3-4 system?

DUB
02-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Seems to be right on. Adams would be a huge impact on our D.

Elliott 1
02-02-2007, 11:15 AM
I just read we are planning on resigning David Bowens. Even if we don't Kevin Carter is a pro bowl veteran still playing great and under contract. What about Matt Roth? All he did was everything anyone could ask and more as a back up DE. The biggest reason we aren't taking him is because in his scouting report there is this little, "intelligence????", thing. We shouldn't draft anyone with that in their scouting report, especially not with our first pick.
Why would we use our first pick on DE when we already have 4 quality guys there and we have have gaping holes elsewhere. If we do something like this we deserve to be a bottom tier team.

jim1
02-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I just read we are planning on resigning David Bowens. Even if we don't Kevin Carter is a pro bowl veteran still playing great and under contract. What about Matt Roth? All he did was everything anyone could ask and more as a back up DE. The biggest reason we aren't taking him is because in his scouting report there is this little, "intelligence????", thing. We shouldn't draft anyone with that in their scouting report, especially not with our first pick.
Why would we use our first pick on DE when we already have 4 quality guys there and we have have gaping holes elsewhere. If we do something like this we deserve to be a bottom tier team.

I envision Adams in the 3-4 hybrid OLB/DE role. So mainly as an attack OLB with that Jason Taylor aspect as well. The guy has tremendous quicks, just what the doctor ordered. If only he played on offense...

GatorsFins23
02-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I could live with this. Good pass-rushers are at a premium, and we'd have a guy to groom into the versatile OLB/DE role that Taylor plays now. Roth will be a very solid DE for us for a long time, IMO, but he cant do the kind of things that Taylor or Adams can.

DWade FaSho
02-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Gaines Adams reminds me of terrell suggs from baltimore

marcodolphin
02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
we need offense

Motion
02-02-2007, 02:28 PM
we need offense

We need alot of things.

xDOLPHINSx
02-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Adams is one of about 3 guys i would love to see here with the #9 pick. Getting pressure is a big deal in the NFL. The DB's we have now would benefit greatly, thats what i love about a good pass rush, the secondary doesn't have to be great to get the job done. Plus he could fill in for the invisible Spragan, so instead of 10 guys on D we would have 11 like the rest of the league.:D (only teasin)

twanderer
02-02-2007, 02:57 PM
I could live with that.

I agree!

VT Dolphan
02-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the link, that was a really nice mock. I'd be thrilled to walk away with Gaines Adams.

Kyndig
02-02-2007, 03:18 PM

<B><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">9

I think he's off on a number of picks. First of all, I would bet that Matt Millen who is already on thin ice is not going to take the risk of another QB that high. He's more likely to draft Joe Thomas the Offensive tackle that he took to dinner at the senior bowl because that's much less risk for him personally. That changes everything. Then you have Brady Quinn whom Cleveland could take or, perhaps they might take Troy Smith or Drew Stanton in either the top of the second or third, they are in prime position to be able to do that. Or perhaps instead they will take another player. I don't see Alan Branch getting selected over Calvin Johnson. They have us drafting a defensive end, which would be a dumb pick since a rookie, no matter how talented would have a difficult time even cracking the rotation in his rookie year on our defensive line, yes they are actually that good. There are many better picks available to us at that position in areas of far greater need. But, at this point it's all speculation anyways isn't it?

IluvJuMiami
02-02-2007, 03:25 PM

He's not that sharp. Even just speculating that Houston might think about taking another DE lacks a certain sharpness in my book. But since it's all guess work this early on, this mock is as good as any.

jim1
02-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the link, that was a really nice mock. I'd be thrilled to walk away with Gaines Adams.

No problem, enjoy.

jim1
02-02-2007, 03:37 PM
He's not that sharp. Even just speculating that Houston might think about taking another DE lacks a certain sharpness in my book. But since it's all guess work this early on, this mock is as good as any.

I don't understand your logic. What would be wrong with Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson as a Texans pick? Just because they drafted Mario Williams doesn't mean that you stop there in terms of a pass rush. If Adrian Peterson is there, they most likely take them. Maybe Nelson or Landry at safety, but there's nothing wrong with Adams or Anderson at DE.

Stitches
02-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I think he's off on a number of picks. First of all, I would bet that Matt Millen who is already on thin ice is not going to take the risk of another QB that high. He's more likely to draft Joe Thomas the Offensive tackle that he took to dinner at the senior bowl because that's much less risk for him personally. That changes everything. Then you have Brady Quinn whom Cleveland could take or, perhaps they might take Troy Smith or Drew Stanton in either the top of the second or third, they are in prime position to be able to do that. Or perhaps instead they will take another player. I don't see Alan Branch getting selected over Calvin Johnson. They have us drafting a defensive end, which would be a dumb pick since a rookie, no matter how talented would have a difficult time even cracking the rotation in his rookie year on our defensive line, yes they are actually that good. There are many better picks available to us at that position in areas of far greater need. But, at this point it's all speculation anyways isn't it?

Adams would likely play OLB for us, not DE.