PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Combine invite list out

colmax
02-02-2007, 11:08 AM
No word yet on who will skip the combine drills, but a good guess would include: Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Dwayne Jarrett, and Ted Ginn to name a few.

Info Page Link (http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/official-nfl-combine-invite-list.html)

Official Invite List (http://www.nflcombine.net/files/invlist/last_name_sort.html)

Motion
02-02-2007, 11:18 AM
They really need to make the combine mandatory.

DolfanCole
02-02-2007, 11:25 AM
They really need to make the combine mandatory.
Yeah, I wish they would make it mandatory that those invited must participate in all of the drills. Otherwise, you don't get invited. Unfortunately, that will never happen.

Farmer
02-02-2007, 11:46 AM
if Ginn doesnt paticipate, i saw pass on him, not worth a 9!

Stitches
02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
if Ginn doesnt paticipate, i saw pass on him, not worth a 9!

He isn't worth 9 regardless.

Stitches
02-02-2007, 12:48 PM
:woot: Andy Alleman and Luke Getsy got invited.

Motion
02-02-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm very interested to see what Reggie Nelson runs in the 40 and the shuttle drill.

FINdestructible
02-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't see why any players would pass on the combine. You have all 32 NFL teams there to watch you, instead of the few coaches who go to the private workouts. Other than not being confident with their talents, why would they not want to go? Show what you got.

Motion
02-02-2007, 01:07 PM
I don't see why any players would pass on the combine. You have all 32 NFL teams there to watch you, instead of the few coaches who go to the private workouts. Other than not being confident with their talents, why would they not want to go? Show what you got.

Exactly, not to mention be directly measured to the other top guys out there.

Noodle Arm
02-02-2007, 01:31 PM
My name wasn't on the list :boohoo:

arsenal
02-02-2007, 02:04 PM

because if your calvin johnson and know your going to be a top 5 pick anyway, what do you ahve to accomplish by going to the combine? only thing it could do is drop your stock if you happen to have a bad day, maybe your not feeling good, maybe you didn't get mcuh sleep and run a tad slower than usual, etc...

people at the top of the draft can only hurt themselves by being there... they cant go up any more...

xDOLPHINSx
02-02-2007, 02:53 PM
because if your calvin johnson and know your going to be a top 5 pick anyway, what do you ahve to accomplish by going to the combine? only thing it could do is drop your stock if you happen to have a bad day, maybe your not feeling good, maybe you didn't get mcuh sleep and run a tad slower than usual, etc...

people at the top of the draft can only hurt themselves by being there... they cant go up any more...
exactly

CANDolphan
02-02-2007, 04:03 PM
That doesnt explain why a guy like Ginn would skip out on it.. if he runs a blazing fast 40 time and wows people with his hands, he'd be a top 10 pick.

As it stands right now, he isn't.

Crowder52
02-02-2007, 04:29 PM

If Chad Johnson didn't participate in the combine years back, he would have been a much higher pick. Just an example...

Crowder52
02-02-2007, 04:30 PM
That doesnt explain why a guy like Ginn would skip out on it.. if he runs a blazing fast 40 time and wows people with his hands, he'd be a top 10 pick.

As it stands right now, he isn't.

Right, Ginn is someone you think of who could benefit greatly from the combine because his times are ridiculous. Unless it's the ankle, it doesn't make any sense for him to skip out.

mf52dolphin
02-02-2007, 05:19 PM

Well a bad showing at the combine for a star player could destroy that player's draft posistion.
The top example, Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio.
Del Rio was an all-american linebacker from USC with major pass rushing skills. At USC, Del Rio played very similar to the way Bryan Cox played for the Dolphins(1991-1995).
In the 1985 combine Del Rio ran a 5.35 time in the 40 yard dash. His draft stock went down drasticly. While projected to be a 1st round pick, he ended up being picked late in the 3rd round by New Orleans.

Vegas dolfan
02-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Ginn isnt going because of his ankle. They have already said that. I wish he could be healthy and go. You would see a 2.8-2.9ish time in the 40. He is the fastest guy out there and should be our number 1 pick at the 9th overall pic

Dors156
02-02-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm very interested to see what Reggie Nelson runs in the 40 and the shuttle drill.
Same i really want to know what hes got when it comes to these workouts. hopefully Cam and the rest of our staff see something in him and draft Reggie.

Dolfan2788
02-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Ginn isnt going because of his ankle. They have already said that. I wish he could be healthy and go. You would see a 2.8-2.9ish time in the 40. He is the fastest guy out there and should be our number 1 pick at the 9th overall pic

I'd kill to see someone run a 2.8 40

There's no way he runs under a 4.2. He just won't have the preparation time the other guys have and I doubt that he is that much faster than we've seen before at the combine. Usually the best times are around 4.29-4.31. He might be able to get 4.23 at best

HysterikiLL
02-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I wish they would make it mandatory that those invited must participate in all of the drills. Otherwise, you don't get invited. Unfortunately, that will never happen.

I don't see why it should be. If some guys choose to risk their stock by not working out, that's their choice. Coaches and GMs certainly aren't overly impressed by guys who sit out the combine, so it's not like they gain anything sure handedly.

Alex44
02-03-2007, 12:48 AM

You know that is physically impossible correct?

The fastest he would run is 4.32, dont believe all this 'he was clocked at 4.18 in spring drills' because those times are NEVER accurate.

IluvJuMiami
02-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Right, Ginn is someone you think of who could benefit greatly from the combine because his times are ridiculous. Unless it's the ankle, it doesn't make any sense for him to skip out.

Exactly. Ginn will not skip out on the combine. That combine is essential to his draft position.

TotoreMexico
02-03-2007, 01:12 AM
He isn't worth 9 regardless.

Agreed!