PDA

View Full Version : Plummer on the Block?

Motion
02-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Jake Plummer has expressed interest in being a starter somewhere else next season, and the Broncos have said they would "explore all of their options," including trying to trade Plummer. (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/sports_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_83_5323440,00.html) Broncos general manager Ted Sundquist has said, "If Jake still believes he is a starter, I think coach Shanahan and the organization, myself included, would be flexible and open of a request like that. I don't think we'd fight him. But we would want to explore all our options as well because the worst thing we could do is to cut him outright before June 1, take the hit, without any kind of compensation." The Broncos would take a salary cap hit of $8,556,000 this season if they trade Plummer. The veteran is scheduled to count $8,605,000 against the team's $109 million salary cap.

birdmann69
02-02-2007, 05:32 PM
I think Jake is a decent quarterback (not a great one mind you, but decent) he could definitely be a starter somewhere else. The Broncos shafted him big time last season IMO. Maybe he will go to the Raiders...lol

Roman529
02-02-2007, 05:41 PM
I think Jake is far from the worse QB in the league, but it just seems he makes those throws that Jay Fiedler and Feeley use to make that make you want to break your tv. I'm sure Shanny would like to keep him to back up Cutler for now.

gillderais
02-02-2007, 05:47 PM
If he gets cut, sign JAKE PLUMMER as our vet QB.

He's a better backup then any of our backup quarterbacks by a large margin.

The Confessor
02-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Not so sure he is better than Joey actually. Also, if he doesnt want to be a backup in Denver, why would he want to be a backup in Miami:shakeno:

birdmann69
02-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I am telling you guys...if he gets released from Denver, then he will go to the Raiders or Detroit. Isn't that how it goes for the veteran quarterbacks that think that they are better than they actually are?? They will push for a team that has no quarterback talent what-so-ever.

HysterikiLL
02-02-2007, 05:58 PM
I am telling you guys...if he gets released from Denver, then he will go to the Raiders or Detroit. Isn't that how it goes for the veteran quarterbacks that think that they are better than they actually are?? They will push for a team that has no quarterback talent what-so-ever.

Why on earth would Detroit trade for him? They have Jon Kitna who played well last season and Marinelli has already said he'll be the starter next year, regardless of whether they draft a QB.

Crunkcore
02-02-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm sure the texans will come calling for his services :lol:

Vertical Limit
02-02-2007, 07:08 PM

If by back up, you mean the one who was put on IR, then I agree.

Aqua4Ever04
02-02-2007, 07:17 PM
If by back up, you mean the one who was put on IR, then I agree.

Jake is going to want to sit and watch a quarterback dominate, he's going to want to play. Never going to happen.

nyjunc
02-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Jake & Daunte- PLEASE get this done Miami! 2 big names who are average at best QBs to clog up your cap.

phinphan896
02-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Jake Plummer is garbage. Hes only had one good year. he makes way too many mental mistakes.

wpgfishfan
02-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Jake Plummer has expressed interest in being a starter somewhere else next season, and the Broncos have said they would "explore all of their options," including trying to trade Plummer. (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/sports_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_83_5323440,00.html) Broncos general manager Ted Sundquist has said, "If Jake still believes he is a starter, I think coach Shanahan and the organization, myself included, would be flexible and open of a request like that. I don't think we'd fight him. But we would want to explore all our options as well because the worst thing we could do is to cut him outright before June 1, take the hit, without any kind of compensation." The Broncos would take a salary cap hit of $8,556,000 this season if they trade Plummer. The veteran is scheduled to count $8,605,000 against the team's $109 million salary cap.

This guy is worse then all 3 of our QB's

Fresh
02-03-2007, 04:09 PM
He sucks more than **** than those chicks on Real World.

Metal Panda
02-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Nah, I think Denver was one of the few places he could have succeeded, with their good offensive line play.

There's a reason he stunk in Arizona (and yes, part of it was his supporting cast, but don't forget he briefly did have David Boston, although he had no semblance of a running back).

Metal Panda
02-03-2007, 06:19 PM

1. Jake will go wherever he has a chance to start. And believe me, there are teams that WILL give him that chance.

2. He will cost too much money to be a backup.

Metal Panda
02-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Why on earth would Detroit trade for him? They have Jon Kitna who played well last season and Marinelli has already said he'll be the starter next year, regardless of whether they draft a QB.

he said "cut", not "trade".

Metal Panda
02-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Jake & Daunte- PLEASE get this done Miami! 2 big names who are average at best QBs to clog up your cap.

as opposed to your Comeback Player of the Year who won despite putting up average numbers and having a noodle arm.

unifiedtheory
02-03-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm sure the texans will come calling for his services :lol:

With David Carr on the block I totally see this happening actually.

The more I look at the Texans the more I think they will look at Brady Quinn if he is there when they pick. Kubiak is a quarterback guy and would probably love to have a young Q.B. he can mentor.

NorFlaFin
02-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I'd rather have David Carr then Jake the Fake.

nyjunc
02-04-2007, 09:52 AM
as opposed to your Comeback Player of the Year who won despite putting up average numbers and having a noodle arm.

The guy wins and he as in a new O w/ alot of new players while he was coming off 2 surgeire on his throwing shoulder. You'd think Maimi fans would have more respect for Chad considering he is 6-1 lifetime against the dolphins.

Metal Panda
02-04-2007, 10:12 AM
The guy wins and he as in a new O w/ alot of new players while he was coming off 2 surgeire on his throwing shoulder. You'd think Maimi fans would have more respect for Chad considering he is 6-1 lifetime against the dolphins.

surgeire? Maimi?

I laughed at some of the "rockets" he threw in the Miami game, that sat in the air for about 15 seconds. What was sadder was how poorly Miami defended them, but had it been anybody else he'd have thrown 6 picks in that game.

wazzy
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
I'd rather have David Carr then Jake the Fake.

I agree! I rather have David Carr then any of our QB's on the team!

Roman529
02-05-2007, 02:05 AM
The Chicago Bears might want to look at getting Plummer as their QB, because Rex is horrible.

nyjunc
02-05-2007, 10:04 AM
surgeire? Maimi?

I laughed at some of the "rockets" he threw in the Miami game, that sat in the air for about 15 seconds. What was sadder was how poorly Miami defended them, but had it been anybody else he'd have thrown 6 picks in that game.

You laughed, we won- that's what always seems to happen. That Miami game was also in a rainstorm, it wasn't ideal conditions for throwing.

Metal Panda
02-05-2007, 11:46 PM
You laughed, we won- that's what always seems to happen. That Miami game was also in a rainstorm, it wasn't ideal conditions for throwing.

Yea, I forgot that rain has the mystical ability to make the balls hang in the air.

You "won" because our stupid defense couldn't defend a piecemeal screen that went for 62 yards for no apparent reason.

nyjunc
02-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Yea, I forgot that rain has the mystical ability to make the balls hang in the air.

You "won" because our stupid defense couldn't defend a piecemeal screen that went for 62 yards for no apparent reason.

Our holder dropping a snap on a chip shot FG didn't matter? you guys were only in it b/c of the conditions. Chad has destroyed you guys for years.

Vertical Limit
02-06-2007, 10:22 AM

We lost because of Nick Saban. The guy does NOT know a thing about halftime adjustments. I'm glad he's gone.

nyjunc
02-07-2007, 09:21 AM
We lost because of Nick Saban. The guy does NOT know a thing about halftime adjustments. I'm glad he's gone.

The last 2 years all we heard was how much of a genius Saban was and how he was a top NFL coach but now that he's gone it was all his fault?

dreday
02-07-2007, 01:06 PM
They dont want him in Denver,and I dont want him in Miami....Let them deal with him.Not an answer if w'ere trying to get to the playoffs.