PDA

View Full Version : best mock i've seen

DeFINSeWins
02-02-2007, 03:52 PM
i just saw a mock in the forums on nfldraftcountdown.com that had us selecting:

1: Brady Quinn
2: Merriweather
3: Siler

how sick would those 3 picks be?? solid quarterback to work on, and a stud badazz safety and inside linebacker. 2 future starters on defense guaranteed and your new quarterback..this would be a very intriguing 3 picks.

malzj
02-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I here ya... I'm on board!

It's quite possible that Brady quinn does fall to us.

miaD5499
02-02-2007, 03:58 PM
id be very pleased with that, one can dream as of now but there will be hundreds of different mocks

Lab3003
02-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't know about Brandon Meriweather, we already have Yeremiah Bell and Jason Allen. Getting an offensive lineman is the better investment

Dj Shoj
02-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't know about Brandon Meriweather, we already have Yeremiah Bell and Jason Allen. Getting an offensive lineman is the better investment
Very nice!:dolphins:

Aqua and Orange
02-02-2007, 04:10 PM
I love it. Let's charge into the draft like Leroy Jenkins.

Finsfan1984
02-02-2007, 04:26 PM

how sick would those 3 picks be?? solid quarterback to work on, and a stud badazz safety and inside linebacker. 2 future starters on defense guaranteed and your new quarterback..this would be a very intriguing 3 picks.

Link?????

rob19
02-02-2007, 04:30 PM
1. Quinn
2. Kalil
3. Siler

Now THAT would be sick. Kalil would give us a great Center for the next decade. Quinn has great potential, possible franchise QB, and Siler would give us a very serviceable LB and a definite upgrade over Spragan.

Regan21286
02-02-2007, 04:32 PM

I like the first pick.

MrEd
02-02-2007, 04:33 PM

Who? The preacher? I dont get the analogy...

FINdestructible
02-02-2007, 04:36 PM
If Brady drops to number 9, we definitely need to take him. I don't think that's going to happen though, but if it does, i think we would need to jump on it.

As much as i love Meriweather & the U, i think we're pretty set at saftey with Allen & Bell. I think Allen is going to have a big year next season.

MrEd
02-02-2007, 04:37 PM

Dont agree with ANY of them. We dont need a ILB but an OLB. Wouldnt waste the #9 pick on Quinn. Just dont agree with any of it. I'd draft an OLB over Merriweather as one of Willis, Poluzsny, Woodley, or Moses should fall to #39.

Id rather go Levi Brown, Gaines Adams, or Reggie Nelson at #9.

Motion
02-02-2007, 04:42 PM
1. Quinn
2. Kalil
3. Siler

Now THAT would be sick. Kalil would give us a great Center for the next decade. Quinn has great potential, possible franchise QB, and Siler would give us a very serviceable LB and a definite upgrade over Spragan.

That would be much better, or Staley in the 2nd.

WA. FINSFAN
02-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Link?????

i guess the "nfldraftcountdown.com" wasn't a enough of a clue:shakeno:

Rubbin420
02-02-2007, 04:59 PM
1. Quinn
2. Kalil
3. Siler

Kalil will be a first rounder. And if we did take Meriweather, we could move Allen to CB. I do agree with your assessment that OL is a priority. I just dont see Kalil lasting until our 39th pick (I think thats our next pick)

kwansolo
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM

I take it you like our OL. :confused:

Stitches
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Bell is a FA people! And he didn't even play that great over the last couple games, his flaws got exposed. Plus he isn't exactly still growing into the position, he's one of our older DBs. I'm all for Allen and a rookie safety should we draft one.

People's infatuation with Bell is almost as bad as that of Welker.

Motion
02-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Bell is a FA people! And he didn't even play that great over the last couple games, his flaws got exposed. Plus he isn't exactly still growing into the position, he's one of our older DBs. I'm all for Allen and a rookie safety should we draft one.

:yeahthat: Bring in Landry or Nelson :hi5:

kwansolo
02-02-2007, 05:07 PM

Thank you !!! Come on down Laron Landry or Reggie Nelson

Crowder52
02-02-2007, 05:12 PM

Totally agree with this statement, but at least with Welker it's more understandable because he is such an overachiever and gives 110% every game.

VT Dolphan
02-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Dont agree with ANY of them. We dont need a ILB but an OLB. Wouldnt waste the #9 pick on Quinn. Just dont agree with any of it. I'd draft an OLB over Merriweather as one of Willis, Poluzsny, Woodley, or Moses should fall to #39.

Id rather go Levi Brown, Gaines Adams, or Reggie Nelson at #9.

Care to elaborate on why Quinn would be a "waste" at nine. I just don't think anyone we have is the answer at QB. If a franchise QB slides to us, I don't see how you could pass that up.

kingfin23
02-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I like Quinn. Im a huge Merriweather fan.but the 3rd round i want steve smith WR usc

phins3454
02-02-2007, 06:05 PM

now that an A+++ draft

DolphanD
02-02-2007, 06:11 PM
1. Quinn
2. Kalil
3. Siler

I'm curious to know, from the Gator fans out there and others who watch NCAA football closely, who is the better Florida LB? Brandon Siler or Earl Everett? And how would you rank the Gators' many talented defensive guys entering the draft? Jarvis Moss is a guy whose size and speed intrigues me. Plus he looked unstoppable in the Championship game.How about 1. Quinn-2. Kalil-3. Moss?

VT Dolphan
02-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm curious to know, from the Gator fans out there and others who watch NCAA football closely, who is the better Florida LB? Brandon Siler or Earl Everett? And how would you rank the Gators' many talented defensive guys entering the draft? Jarvis Moss is a guy whose size and speed intrigues me. Plus he looked unstoppable in the Championship game.How about 1. Quinn-2. Kalil-3. Moss?

I don't really follow Florida, but I can tell you Moss should be long gone by the third round. Some experts think he could sneak into the first.

Dors156
02-02-2007, 06:26 PM
that would be insane if we had that draft. i would go crazy.

footballer
02-02-2007, 06:49 PM

i agree. yeremiah is a beast in the making man...

rob19
02-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Kalil will be a first rounder. And if we did take Meriweather, we could move Allen to CB. I do agree with your assessment that OL is a priority. I just dont see Kalil lasting until our 39th pick (I think thats our next pick)

Nick Mangold was much more hyped up than kalil is and he went i believe 31st overall so i think its a very real possibilty that kalil is around at 39, it all really depends on the combine though. As for Allen, im not sold on him as a corner, he certaintly has the athletic ability but alot of people see him as a Safety in this league. I think he would be an above avg. corner but a dominant safety. just my opinion.

Siler is the better Line Backer from all that ive heard, and is projected to be a 2nd round pick so the chance of getting him in the 3rd isnt very likely. Moss is projected to be a top 20 pick by Mel Kiper and could really elevate himself with a good combine and a fast 40.

Who? The preacher? I dont get the analogy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RklC3m73RP0

Crowder52
02-02-2007, 07:07 PM

Moss looks to go in the 1st, possibly top 20 if he impresses at the combine like I think he will.

GatorsFins23
02-02-2007, 07:25 PM

Siler is the better LB, but its close....I doubt Siler will last until 3, but Everett would be a great pick there instead. As far as the other guys, Nelson and Moss should both be 1st round picks, Everett should go in the 3rd, and guys like Reggie Lewis and Ryan Smith should go in the 5th on down. Joe Cohen is an interesting late-round prospect also, though he may be more UDFA material.

It makes me sick thinking of all the talent our defense is losing this year...9 of 11 starters gone!

Elliott 1
02-02-2007, 09:35 PM
The scouting report I read said Merriweather had serious character issues. Seeing as how our need at safety is minor at best, why would we risk the 39th pick on some guy who might be trouble; especially when we have gaping holes elsewhere.

DeFINSeWins
02-02-2007, 09:54 PM
kalil wont be there at our pick 2nd round otherwise thats a great pick...

i think our 2nd round pick may be our most important pick in this draft.
players along the lines of meriweather, woodley, siler, everett, moses, ugoh, meachem, and some decent cbs will all be available 2nd round. this pick is crucial. our first round piick will be solid no matter what as long as we dont make ahuge reach for pozlusny.

stryker
02-02-2007, 11:58 PM
:yeahthat: Bring in Landry or Nelson :hi5:

I agree, but if we get Quinn, Merriweather, and Siler in the first 3 rounds, dinnter is on me! :jumper:

SMadison29
02-03-2007, 04:16 AM
I'd love to have that draft. Quinn would be a no brainer at #9 unless Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, or JaMarcus Russell were available. With a pick this high it's BPA, not fill a need.

Brandon Meriweather in the 2nd would be great because he would without a doubt be a first rounder & rival Nelson & Landry as the top safety if not for his off field transgression (pistol incident) & on field fight vs FIU. Unfortunately for us I think it would be best for Brandon to get out of Miami.

I don't view our oline as a top draft priority. We had 1000 yard rusher & averaged 4.2 ypc as a team. Harrington was only sacked 15 times in 11 games (I'll exclude Culpepper & Lemon's # due to holding onto the ball too long & inexperience respectively). We need to resign McIntosh to compete once again with Shelton.

As for the Siler pick, he would be great in the 3rd round. We really need a SLB that can play right away but I'll take a potential ZT replacement.

xDOLPHINSx
02-03-2007, 05:20 AM
I'd love to have that draft. Quinn would be a no brainer at #9 unless Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, or JaMarcus Russell were available. With a pick this high it's BPA, not fill a need.

Brandon Meriweather in the 2nd would be great because he would without a doubt be a first rounder & rival Nelson & Landry as the top safety if not for his off field transgression (pistol incident) & on field fight vs FIU. Unfortunately for us I think it would be best for Brandon to get out of Miami.

I don't view our oline as a top draft priority. We had 1000 yard rusher & averaged 4.2 ypc as a team. Harrington was only sacked 15 times in 11 games (I'll exclude Culpepper & Lemon's # due to holding onto the ball too long & inexperience respectively). We need to resign McIntosh to compete once again with Shelton.

As for the Siler pick, he would be great in the 3rd round. We really need a SLB that can play right away but I'll take a potential ZT replacement.
Looking at stats is definetly not the way to go if your trying to analyze our offensive line. 1000 yd rushers are becoming a staple in todays NFL, so its not really a big deal. Watch the games, that is what tells the story.

finfan54
02-03-2007, 01:00 PM
I like Quinn. Im a huge Merriweather fan.but the 3rd round i want steve smith WR usc

I could live with this or Johnnie Lee Higgins for the WR in the third/fourth.

finfan54
02-03-2007, 01:02 PM

Thats why Patrick Willis would be a great first round pick IMO because I think him and Zach would dominate and Willis would replace Zach in the future. We need speed and intincts on the outside and willis could certainly be a stud there til he takes over the middle. Besides, our D moves around alot.

finfan54
02-03-2007, 01:04 PM
The scouting report I read said Merriweather had serious character issues. Seeing as how our need at safety is minor at best, why would we risk the 39th pick on some guy who might be trouble; especially when we have gaping holes elsewhere.

Be careful of how you associate Miami Hurricane players as character issue guys. I have not heard a whole lot on this but my thoughts are that everyone in creation right now bad mouths anyone from the U.

rob19
02-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Thats why Patrick Willis would be a great first round pick IMO because I think him and Zach would dominate and Willis would replace Zach in the future. We need speed and intincts on the outside and willis could certainly be a stud there til he takes over the middle. Besides, our D moves around alot.

Willis is a late 1st round to early second round. Taking Willis at 9 would be a big reach. We also already have a Zach replacement, his name is Channing Crowder. Crowder is a ILB and is best suited for the ILB position. He can play the OLB spot because of his great athletic ability. Drafting Willis would give us 3 ILB's, with that said i really would be very excited if we were to get him in the second round.

Be careful of how you associate Miami Hurricane players as character issue guys. I have not heard a whole lot on this but my thoughts are that everyone in creation right now bad mouths anyone from the U.

Unfortunately, he has had some off the field incidents (gun incident) and part of a fight on the field (not saying he started it). So people questioning his charecter is inevitable. Id be very excited if we got Brandon in the second but if Kalil or Sears is avalible, we have to target them because that would be a significant upgrade to the offensive line, which is more the need position.

SMadison29
02-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Looking at stats is definetly not the way to go if your trying to analyze our offensive line. 1000 yd rushers are becoming a staple in todays NFL, so its not really a big deal. Watch the games, that is what tells the story.

Considering that Brown got 1000 yards in 13 games your point proves irrelevant. Had he not been injured he would have finished 8th in the NFL in rushing with about 1250 yards (using the law of averages or the yards Morris gained in his absence). As for watching the games, I've watched everyone the past three years on Sunday ticket so I won't get into that.

Jaj
02-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Considering that Brown got 1000 yards in 13 games your point proves irrelevant. Had he not been injured he would have finished 8th in the NFL in rushing with about 1250 yards (using the law of averages or the yards Morris gained in his absence). As for watching the games, I've watched everyone the past three years on Sunday ticket so I won't get into that.

Oh and the fact that even against mediocre ends McIntosh still needs help doesn't concern you at all?

4.2 YPC is not something to be that proud of. Ya it was 13 games but it was still a decent amount of carries.

finfan54
02-03-2007, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=rob19;1061765906]Willis is a late 1st round to early second round. Taking Willis at 9 would be a big reach. We also already have a Zach replacement, his name is Channing Crowder. Crowder is a ILB and is best suited for the ILB position. He can play the OLB spot because of his great athletic ability. Drafting Willis would give us 3 ILB's, with that said i really would be very excited if we were to get him in the second round.

Willis is high on a lot of teams radars. Senior Bowl week verified it. That means someone who is hungry for a stud LB (um, Miami) will take a shot on this guy because they know he is worthy of it. Not a rich LB draft either. that makes teams want to get him higher.

Some people have Ginn rated high. Why i do not know, his counterpart Gonzalez had very comparable numbers to him. Ginn is the guy that is way overrated IMO. He is lightining fast, but fast doesnt mean your a football player. Not mentioning Ginn in response to you but consensus says that. Thats alot of investment in a guy who is 175 lbs.

rob19
02-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Willis is high on a lot of teams radars. Senior Bowl week verified it. That means someone who is hungry for a stud LB (um, Miami) will take a shot on this guy because they know he is worthy of it. Not a rich LB draft either. that makes teams want to get him higher.

Some people have Ginn rated high. Why i do not know, his counterpart Gonzalez had very comparable numbers to him. Ginn is the guy that is way overrated IMO. He is lightining fast, but fast doesnt mean your a football player. Not mentioning Ginn in response to you but consensus says that. Thats alot of investment in a guy who is 175 lbs.

I understand what your saying but Willis will not be the pick at 9, he may very well drop into the second round. The probabilty is that he is a late first rounder (25-32). The recent trend in the NFL is taking fast athletic guys on the outside (A.J Hawk, Ernie Sims, Chad Greenway, etc.) and letting the inside guys fall a bit (DeMeco Ryans). I forgot who said it but i heard someone say that they dont think there is a LB worth taking in the first round this year.

Dolfan11
02-04-2007, 02:22 AM

:sidelol:
Man that's classic, and I might be the only one in this thread to get that.

I for one, would rather have Merriweather than any of our safties, and to get him in the second round would be incredible. Bell will be resigned to go along Merriweather. Jason Allen can play the nickle and ease his way into a starting CB role. Hey, I could dream right?

Jaj
02-04-2007, 03:41 AM
Man that's classic, and I might be the only one in this thread to get that.

I for one, would rather have Merriweather than any of our safties, and to get him in the second round would be incredible. Bell will be resigned to go along Merriweather. Jason Allen can play the nickle and ease his way into a starting CB role. Hey, I could dream right?

Nope I know what your talking about:shakeno:

Alex44
02-04-2007, 04:07 AM
Oh and the fact that even against mediocre ends McIntosh still needs help doesn't concern you at all?

4.2 YPC is not something to be that proud of. Ya it was 13 games but it was still a decent amount of carries.

Actually thats not bad at all. Anything above 4.0 is generally considered good. Our line had a lot of bad games also, some of it wasn't Ronnies fault.

Jaj
02-04-2007, 04:42 AM
That's the point, it wasn't Ronnie's fault. Second, it's decent but you need around 4.4-4.5 to be rolling.

The offense will slowly fix itself however. It all depends on Daunte honestly and using players correctly.

You CAN run an entire offense through the efforts of a RB. With Ricky back the running game should be very strong once again.

Alex44
02-04-2007, 04:45 AM
That's the point, it wasn't Ronnie's fault. Second, it's decent but you need around 4.4-4.5 to be rolling.

The offense will slowly fix itself however. It all depends on Daunte honestly and using players correctly.

You CAN run an entire offense through the efforts of a RB. With Ricky back the running game should be very strong once again.

Ah okay I get what you were saying now about Ronnie.

4.4 to 4.5 ypc is borderline great if your an every down back, it's also a huge reflection on the O-line. No question in my mind Ronnie can average 4.5 (and I dont think you question that either) but he needs some help. We both agree on that.

dominizzo
02-05-2007, 06:05 PM

I do like that but im not sold On Quinn

Frayser
02-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Nope I know what your talking about:shakeno:

Someone sent me that video a few months ago. I watched it about five times in a row and almost laughed myself out of my chair.

CANDolphan
02-05-2007, 10:03 PM
If we could end our 2007 Draft with Brady Quinn, Jarvis Moss, and Brandon Siler is Miami Dolphin uniforms, thatd be one of the absolute best drafts in the NFL, bar none.

Realistically, though, Quinn will never make #9, Moss will be gone before our 2nd round, and Siler long gone before our 3rd

Jaj
02-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I'd be thrilled with

1- Branch
2- Blalock
3- Higgins

Stitches
02-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I'd be thrilled with

1. Landry/Nelson
2. Meachem/Rice/Davis
3. Everett/Alexander/Durant(All OLBs)

CANDolphan
02-06-2007, 01:00 AM
I swear, Im starting to piss myself off with all the Gators I want to draft, but here is a draft I think Miami would most benefit from

1. Quinn ( God.. thatd be so awesome but more than likely not happenin ) so Id say Leon Hall/Reggie Nelson/Laron Landry

2. Jarvis Moss/Robert Meachem ( please? maybe? )

3. Earl Everett or Rufus Alexander ( Everett is probably the fastest OLB in this draft )

4. Marcus Thomas/Ray McDonald

Honestly, what a value packed draft. Thomas is a first round talent, Everett has the physical ability of the first round pick, just lacks the nose for the ball that can be taught, Reggie Nelson/Laron Landry could be useful because Landry would be a starting SS immediately, Nelson would be our starting FS immediately, moving Jason Allen to the nickelback position, possibly the 2nd CB spot depending if we sign a big name FA.

And Jarvis Moss is almost identical to Jason Taylor except that he's a bit bigger.. they even have the same draft grade ( remember how everyone said JT was a liability against the run and wouldnt make it as a DE? ) Well Moss is under the same pressure, and he played for a defense that was absolutely AMAZING against the run

Marcus Thomas, however, is a 4-3 DT. Hes such an amazing talent I really would want him, but since we run the 3-4 hybrid, the best DT/DE Tweener in the draft in the 2nd-4th rounds appears to be Ray McDonald. Hes 6'3, 285 lbs, with a tremendous first burst and great instincts. I saw his Senior Bowl tape, and hes good. He was called the man without a position, because he is more of a relief man. So when we play the 4-3, he could spell one of the DTs, when we play the 3-4 he could go in as a DE. Im really high on this kid, even though I know he'd never be a consistent starter, more of a relief player ( but honestly, people underestimate how much important these guys have. Look at Kiwanuka for the Giants.. he played half the time on defense but he made an impact )

Fresh
02-06-2007, 03:58 AM
i guess the "nfldraftcountdown.com" wasn't a enough of a clue:shakeno:

No, because Scott Wright has had us taking Okoye since January 18th.

Must be a forum mock, people just like you and I.. no actual analyst or anything.