2. Detroit - JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn
3. TB - Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams
4. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson
5. AZ - Alan Branch or Amobi Okoye
6. Washington - Calvin Johnson
7. Houston - Landry, Nelson, Hall, Branch, Okoye, Jarrett, or Ginn
8. Minnesota - Jarrett, Ginn, Landry, Nelson, or Hall

9. Fins - Joe Thomas!

Even if Oakland picks Calvin Johnson. You know Washington ain't picking Joe Thomas when they already got Chris Samuels. Detroit would pick Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell would fall to Washington or Minnesota if Oakland picks Calvin Johnson.

Now I'm not saying it will happen. But it could happen.

Crowder52
02-02-2007, 04:35 PM
I see no scenario under which Arizona would pass on Joe Thomas at 5, and that's if he even makes it that far. O-Line is easily their biggest need.

ManBearPig
02-02-2007, 04:37 PM
1. Oakland - Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell
7. Houston - Landry, Nelson, Hall, Anderson, Adams, Branch, Okoye, Jarrett, or Ginn

9. Fins - Joe Thomas!

Even if Oakland picks Calvin Johnson. You know Washington ain't picking Joe Thomas when they already got Chris Samuels. Detroit would pick Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell would fall to Washington or Minnesota if Oakland picks Calvin Johnson.

Thats wishful thinking. I really doubt Joe Thomas gets past Detriot, and i think the bucs pick 4th and the browns pick 3. Calvin Johnson will most likely end up in Tampa and if the Browns take Quinn Peterson will drop to the Texans. We have a more realistic chance of gettin Quinn if the Browns dont pick him up.

Motion
02-02-2007, 04:39 PM
:lol: Nice try, I wish.

Rubbin420
02-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Its also possible that the fins go undefeated and win the superbowl. With me at QB.

caneaddict
02-02-2007, 05:04 PM
So Arizona passes on their greatest need with the highest value.

Then, Houston follows the trend and forego's a franchise left tackle that would solve the biggest problem that has plagued them since inception.

DonShula84
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM
I dont think it's really possible at all, but nice try

mf52dolphin
02-02-2007, 05:06 PM
7. Houston - Landry, Nelson, Hall, Anderson, Adams, Branch, Okoye, Jarrett, or Ginn

9. Fins - Joe Thomas!

You definitely have a different take on the draft:confused:
I see "Commitment to Stupidity taking Russell, with a big question toward the toothless kitties(I sense Adrian Peterson). Johnson to Tampa, and Quinn to Cleveland.
However with Arizona, considering they have a top young quarterback, a pair of great wideouts, and a top back, but an absolutely awful line, and a new staff that values linemen, picking anyone but Thomas would be a shock.:rolleyes2
Also Houston has weak tackles so Thomas if availble would get snatched by them.

SabanHater
02-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Nope.... but Juan Huron will be there.:sidelol:

sphincter
02-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Its also possible that the fins go undefeated and win the superbowl. With me at QB.You had me until the "me at QB" part.

Crunkcore
02-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't see it happening.
Detroit, Tampa, or Arizona would snag him up in a heartbeat.

VT Dolphan
02-02-2007, 05:29 PM
And then maybe Dwayne Jarrett will fall to the second. We could grab Leon Hall in the third. Go after Patrick Willis in the fourth. And I think that Lawrence Timmons and Marshawn Lynch day two.

Thats about as likely as Thomas falling to nine.

Stitches
02-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Detroit, Tampa, Cleveland, AZ, and Houston could all use Thomas. Hell, Cleveland could get Thomas in the 1st, and someone like Irons or Bush possibly in the second. If they could do that, why would they draft Peterson in the 1st?

IluvJuMiami
02-02-2007, 05:58 PM

9. Fins - Joe Thomas!

No way Arizona passes on Thomas. No chance. I'd put my life on it.

phins3454
02-02-2007, 06:03 PM
it could happen....anythings possible, but is it likely?.....no

tyson22
02-02-2007, 06:22 PM
the most sure thing in this draft is calvin johnson being taken by tampa if the raiders dont take him. i would love thomas to fall, but it just aint gonna happen.

DolphanD
02-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I haven't seen much of Joe Thomas but there have been a lot of top OTs taken in the draft who've been busts with Robert Gallery lokking to be the latest. But I do see the Lions' drafting Thomas, possibly keeping Backus and playing Thomas at RT the 1st couple of seasons or vice versa concerning the sides of the lines. Or they could trade Backus this year, even though I believe they just re-signed him last off-season making that signing bonus hurt even worse so they'd probably keep both atleast this coming season. In the latest Sporting News they wrote Detroit interviewed Joe extensively at the Senior Bowl and didn't pay much attention to the QB's so that leads me to believe they like him very much, atleast better than Brady Quinn...

djphinfan
02-02-2007, 06:30 PM
You definitely have a different take on the draft:confused:
I see "Commitment to Stupidity taking Russell, with a big question toward the toothless kitties(I sense Adrian Peterson). Johnson to Tampa, and Quinn to Cleveland.
However with Arizona, considering they have a top young quarterback, a pair of great wideouts, and a top back, but an absolutely awful line, and a new staff that values linemen, picking anyone but Thomas would be a shock.:rolleyes2
Also Houston has weak tackles so Thomas if availble would get snatched by them.the thing that makes this thread interesting is detroit and arizona, the two teams who you think will take thomas, have taken offensive players in the first rounds the past three years,,it would'nt be a total shock for those teams two go defense,,considering that is what they both desperately need and their fans want!!.

The more i think about this the more i think their is a scenario out there where thomas could drop,,he's not considered league wide as a top top tackle in the mould of Pace,Ogden or boselli,,hmmmmm

MrEd
02-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I see no scenario under which Arizona would pass on Joe Thomas at 5, and that's if he even makes it that far. O-Line is easily their biggest need.

Agreed

Finole
02-02-2007, 06:55 PM

Last time I checked AZ had 1st rounder (2nd overall) Leonard Davis at left tackle.

Last year, they drafted...
1st - QB Matt Leinart
2nd - OG Deuce Lutui
3rd - TE Leonard Pope

That's ALL offense. And they had one of the worst defenses in the league last year. Are you telling me you know for a fact that they're going to pass on all the defensive talent available in the Top 10 of this year's draft?

Now, if they lose Davis to free agency, then, yeah, I could see them drafting Joe Thomas.

Crowder52
02-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Last time I checked AZ had 1st rounder (2nd overall) Leonard Davis at left tackle.

1st - QB Matt Leinart
2nd - OG Deuce Lutui
3rd - TE Leonard Pope

That's ALL offense. And they had one of the worst defenses in the league last year. Are you telling me you know for a fact that they're going to pass on all the defensive talent available in the Top 10 of this year's draft?

Now, if they lose Davis to free agency, then, yeah, I could see them drafting Joe Thomas.

You said it yourself, Davis is a free agent. Even if he re-signs, I think the Cards would still be willing to draft Thomas and move Davis, perhaps to RT. If not, like some posters mentioned, how could Houston pass?

Finole
02-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Thats wishful thinking. I really doubt Joe Thomas gets past Detriot, and i think the bucs pick 4th and the browns pick 3. Calvin Johnson will most likely end up in Tampa and if the Browns take Quinn Peterson will drop to the Texans. We have a more realistic chance of gettin Quinn if the Browns dont pick him up.

Yeah, I know it's wishful thinking. But that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

I don't see Detroit passing on a franchise QB when they already have Jeff Backus at LT. I don't care how good Joe Thomas is. You can't tell me they think Kitna is the answer.

Actually, the order of TB and Cleveland will be determined by a coin toss. Yep, that's right. A coin toss...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2715578

Yes, TB may very well take Calvin Johnson. But they already have Michael Clayton, Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard, and Maurice Stovall. WR isn't their biggest need. But let's say you're right. TB takes Calvin Johnson instead of Washington. Washington still isn't drafting Joe Thomas because they already have Chris Samuels.

ChambersWI
02-02-2007, 07:15 PM

1st - QB Matt Leinart
2nd - OG Deuce Lutui
3rd - TE Leonard Pope

Leonard Davis is a horrible LT, and ia a better guard than anything else.

I see no way the Cards pass on him. The Cards defense isn't that bad, they just need a pass rush, and a better S alongside Wilson

Finole
02-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Leonard Davis is a horrible LT, and ia a better guard than anything else.

I see no way the Cards pass on him. The Cards defense isn't that bad, they just need a pass rush, and a better S alongside Wilson

Then they might draft Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, LaRon Landry, or Reggie Nelson. How can they pass on those guys?

ChambersWI
02-02-2007, 07:22 PM
they might, but with how their O-line cost them a couple games this season, I don't see them passing on Thomas unless they feel they can get a better OT at another point. If he somehow gets by Zona, I promise you someone will try to trade ahead of us.

ChambersWI
02-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Then they might draft Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, LaRon Landry, or Reggie Nelson. How can they pass on those guys?

If Thomas is gone I think they go DE, but I see no reason to believe they would pass on him. It is possible, but unless they get Ugoh or Staley inthe 2nd, it would be very stupid.

I could see them passing on Landry or Nelson because they need more of a compliment to Wilson, someone like Weddle in the 2nd. I might give you passing on Thomas for Adams or Anderson, but not for a S (when only 1 S as gone in the top 5 of the draft, and neither Landry or Nelson are on Shawn Taylor's level coming out of college)

VanDolPhan
02-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Actually taking a tackle in the top half of the draft has been considered one of the safest choices. Did an analysis some time back that pretty much showed very few busts with a lot of long career tackles.

Also it's not outta the realm of possibility that he drops. It's way too early in the draft process for players to be figured out now. Things change a LOT by draft day. Heck even on draft day it's never a guarentee (Aaron Rodgers dropping to Green Bay in the 20's after everyone thought he was top 5 material).

Finole
02-02-2007, 07:33 PM
You said it yourself, Davis is a free agent. Even if he re-signs, I think the Cards would still be willing to draft Thomas and move Davis, perhaps to RT. If not, like some posters mentioned, how could Houston pass?

You're right. Arizona's RT Reggie Wells certainly isn't a superstar. AZ might move Leonard Davis to RT. Then again. They might not.

And here's why Houston might pass...

1. Last year they drafted OT Charles Spencer and OT Eric Winston with the 1st and 2nd picks in the third round.

2. Their defense was atrocious last year. With Mario Williams on their roster, they're not going to take Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams. But they might draft Alan Branch, Amobi Okoye, LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson, or even Leon Hall.

3. Remember, this is the team that passed on Reggie Bush.

4. Ted Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett opposit Andre Johnson would be a sick combo!

5. If Oakland or Detroit pass on a QB, Houston might draft either Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell and then try to trade David Carr. Carr is on shaky ground in Houston.

ChambersWI
02-02-2007, 07:39 PM
You're right. Arizona's RT Reggie Wells certainly isn't a superstar. AZ might move Leonard Davis to RT. Then again. They might not.

Here's why Houston might pass...

1. Last year they drafted OT Charles Spencer and OT Eric Winston with the 1st and 2nd picks in the third round.

2. Their defense was atrocious last year. With Mario Williams on their roster, they're not going to take Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams. But they might draft Alan Branch, Amobi Okoye, LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson, or even Leon Hall.

3. Remember, this the team that passed on Reggie Bush.

4. Ted Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett opposit Andre Johnson would be a sick combo!

5. If Oakland or Detroit pass on a QB, Houston might draft either Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell and then try to trade David Carr.

Houston also had a horrible GM. Casserly wasn't horrible for drafting Williams, but trading high a high pick for Phillip Buchanon (no longer on team), signing Todd Wade to a huge contract (no longer on team), giving Morlon Greenwood a huge deal (potential cap casulty), cutting Aaron Glenn and Jaimie Sharper w/o having suitable replacements, drafting Travis Johnson to play 3-4 DE (Johnson was so bad he almost got cut before TC this year, luckily for him, he was better as a 4-3 DT)

Texans will take either Peterson or Landry/Nelson.

Finole
02-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Actually taking a tackle in the top half of the draft has been considered one of the safest choices. Did an analysis some time back that pretty much showed very few busts with a lot of long career tackles.

Absolutely. And that's why nobody thinks Joe Thomas will fall to #9. But it is possible. A longshot. But possible.

Also it's not outta the realm of possibility that he drops. It's way too early in the draft process for players to be figured out now. Things change a LOT by draft day. Heck even on draft day it's never a guarentee (Aaron Rodgers dropping to Green Bay in the 20's after everyone thought he was top 5 material).

Exactly. That's my point. You never know.

ChambersWI
02-02-2007, 07:44 PM
I see your point dude, but there's a huge difference between a QB falling and a OT falling; especially with all the teams that need upgrades at tackle.

If he fell to us... I'll have to think about that, we'll have to put a wager on that one.

Finch83
02-02-2007, 07:44 PM
He is an Arizona lock.

PhinsRDbest
02-02-2007, 07:45 PM
About as much of a shot as us drafting Calvin Johnson.

Finole
02-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I don't see it happening.
Detroit, Tampa, or Arizona would snag him up in a heartbeat.

I agree to a point.

Detroit needs a QB. If Oakland drafts Calvin Johnson, there's no way Detroit can pass up TWO franchise QBs.

Tampa Bay drafted Davin Joseph (in the 1st round) and Jeremy Trueblood (in the 2nd round) last year. They can't continue to focus on their o-line and ignore their defense. Especially with this year's crop of talent.

Arizona might snag Thomas. But then again only Detroit, Tennessee, and San Fran had a worse defense than Arizona. Cincy and Washington were pretty bad, too.

Finole
02-02-2007, 08:11 PM
And then maybe Dwayne Jarrett will fall to the second. We could grab Leon Hall in the third. Go after Patrick Willis in the fourth. And I think that Lawrence Timmons and Marshawn Lynch day two.

Thats about as likely as Thomas falling to nine.

Let's see. If Jarrett, Hall, Willis, Timmons, and Lynch dropped like that it would mean that all 32 teams passed on them. Sometimes more than once. If Thomas falls to #9, it basically means that 2 or 3 teams went in a different direction.

Look, all I'm suggesting is that it isn't completely out of the realm of possiblity. Stranger things have happened.

Unless you predicted Mario Williams would go before Reggie Bush, then don't tell me it ain't possible. Unless you predicted that Leinart and Cutler would fall to 10th and 11th, then don't tell me it ain't possible. Unless you predicted that the Buffalo Bills would take Donte Whitner with 8th overall pick, then don't tell me it ain't possible.

Unless you can prove that you made any of those calls, then I respectfully disagree.

Finole
02-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I see your point dude, but there's a huge difference between a QB falling and a OT falling; especially with all the teams that need upgrades at tackle.

If he fell to us... I'll have to think about that, we'll have to put a wager on that one.

I'm not saying he will fall to us. I'm saying he could fall to us.

And yes, I agree, there's a big difference between a QB falling and an OT falling. There's a much higher success rate with Top 5 OTs than Top 5 QBs. Much higher. QB is much more of a risk.

Elliott 1
02-02-2007, 08:37 PM
We have to find that crushing lineman somewhere else and now that Pittsburghs center just up and retired and Starks is an UFA they are going to be extremely aggresive in the OL market. This is going to be a tough problem for our guys to solve. Do we end up resigning Mac. There has to be a way somehow to find a good LT. Do we have anybody we can move from Gaurd?

MustangFinFan
02-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Arizona needs a tackle?? what happened to Leonard Davis??

stryker
02-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Its also possible that the fins go undefeated and win the superbowl. With me at QB.

:sidelol: I don't think I could have said it any better.

Alex44
02-02-2007, 11:47 PM
The farthest Thomas falls is to Arizona.

Why would Washington take Calvin Johnson btw?

Last year they overpaid for Randle El and traded picks for Brandon Lloyd, as well as having Santana Moss.

Calvin Johnson is going to be great so I wouldnt question anyone who picks him, but I just see Washington having to much tied to their WR core already.

Alex44
02-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Arizona needs a tackle?? what happened to Leonard Davis??

What happened is he has never been a very good LT at all. In fact he has stunk there. He was great and borderline amazing at guard, but when the switched him to LT it was a mistake.

DrewOldSchool
02-03-2007, 12:09 AM
I'll quote Captain Jack Sparrow "Not impossible, just not probable."

Finole
02-03-2007, 05:42 AM
the thing that makes this thread interesting is detroit and arizona, the two teams who you think will take thomas, have taken offensive players in the first rounds the past three years,,it would'nt be a total shock for those teams two go defense,,considering that is what they both desperately need and their fans want!!.

The more i think about this the more i think their is a scenario out there where thomas could drop,,he's not considered league wide as a top top tackle in the mould of Pace,Ogden or boselli,,hmmmmm

Thanks, dj, it's disheartening when you post something that isn't the "popular" opinion, and you get responses like "You're wrong" or "I know better." I appreciate you opening your mind a little bit and at least considering the possibly.

Either Oakland, Detroit, TB, Cleveland, AZ, or Houston might very well end up drafting Joe Thomas. But there are very real possibilities that all six of those teams go in a different direction.

Finole
02-03-2007, 06:08 AM
The farthest Thomas falls is to Arizona.

What if Chicago wins the Super Bowl? Maybe AZ starts thinking defense wins championships (which they do). In fact, if Chicago wins the SB it could change the face of this draft.

But as a longtime Dan Marino fan, I'm pulling for Peyton Manning to get his ring.

Why would Washington take Calvin Johnson btw?

Last year they overpaid for Randle El and traded picks for Brandon Lloyd, as well as having Santana Moss.

Calvin Johnson is going to be great so I wouldnt question anyone who picks him, but I just see Washington having to much tied to their WR core already.

You're right. But if Oakland and Detroit both take QBs and TB goes defense... Cleveland already has Braylon Edwards and Joe Jurevicius. Arizona already has Boldin and Fitzgerald.

So the question is: If Calvin Johnson fell to #6, how could Washington NOT draft him? Surely they could deal away Lloyd or Randle El if they picked up Calvin Johnson.

The other question is: Is it possible for Calvin Johnson fall out of the top 3?

If Washington passed, then Houston might also pass because they have Andre Johnson. Could Houston afford the John$on & John$on show?

The absolute farthest CJ could fall would have to be Minnesota, right? Except they took Travis Taylor (10th overall in 2000) and Troy Williamson (7th overall in 2005). Would they really want to draft another WR so high?

If you're right about Washington, then it's also possible that if Calvin Johnson falls out of the Top 3, he could fall all the way to #9.

How's that for unlikely?

Finole
02-03-2007, 06:15 AM
By the way, does anybody have a link to an article that talks about Leonard Davis and how Arizona is unhappy with him at left tackle?

A non-FinHeaven article, I mean.

I don't mean to sound as if I doubt it, I just don't know that much about him, and I like to confirm most things with at least two sources.

HysterikiLL
02-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Wow, a lot of you guys are sounding pretty insolent in this thread and could be eating a lot of nice warm crow come April. To be honest, it's really to early to say Joe Thomas is a lock to Detroit, or Arizona, or anyone else for that matter. It's possible he could hurt himself again, or work out poorly, or have poor interviews....factor in the fact that there should be a few decent linemen in free agency, and the certain philosophies of teams/perceived type of lineman they want, and it's possibly, albeit improbable that JT falls to 9.

When I lookm at who's ahead of us, you have a handful of teams that could use him -- Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland, Houston -- However Arizona, I could see going Branch. I could see Detroit going with Quinn (Marinelli says they won't draft a QB, but last I checked, Millen was the one screwing up drafts in Detroit, not Marinelli), Cleveland paid Schaffer good money last season to sure up that position...I could see them going with Peterson....Tampa Bay could use him too....and honestly, looking at the amount of teams that need him who are above us, I don't see him reaching us because it's a cerebral gauntlet for him to fall through, but you never know. Like I say, it's too early.

The interesting thing about this draft is the trading up possibilities. IMO, a team like Cleveland or Tampa Bay may want to trade down to around 9 -- assuming Houston aren't in the race for the services of Peterson, Cleveland could trade down there....possibly in a type of deal where they wait for Houston to pick and then trade Thomas to us for that pick kind of like the Manning/Rivers deal. Tampa Bay, assuming Thomas is gone, may look for a Gaines Adams or Amobi Okoye like player and may want to swap up. We could be in a position to get Cal Johnson or Quinn at that pick.

This draft is really unpredictable 1-10.

finfan54
02-03-2007, 12:57 PM
It smore likely in comparison that Brady Quinn would fall.

premiums on positon 1-2 go QB LT in this league. Cant see anyone passiing up on a LT. Cleveland also needs Oline bad.

Vertical Limit
02-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Houston NEEDS an LT. They don't have any offensive linemen that are worth keeping.