PDA

View Full Version : Coach fired for "check your manhood" pep talk

Finch83
02-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Associated Press
LEEDS, Maine (AP) - A high school basketball coach was fired after telling his players at halftime to reach into their pants to "check their manhood," administrators said.

Leavitt Area High School Principal Patrick Hartnett said coach Mike Remillard told the varsity boys Jan. 23 that "tonight's game was about who had the biggest (male genitalia) in town."
"He then required his players to all stand up and put their hands down their pants and check their manhood," Hartnett said in the statement, which was read to school board members Thursday by Superintendent Thomas J. Hanson a day after the coach was dismissed.
All but one player followed the coach's instructions, Hartnett said. The team won the game. Remillard, who was in his fourth season as varsity coach, called the pep talk "normal locker room banter from Fort Kent, Maine, to San Diego, California," but said he still should not have done it. "Was that tactic appropriate? No. And I'm paying the price for it," Remillard said.

I wish Saban would of given these guys a "check your manhood" pep talk this season. It might of worked.

Baxter
02-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Actually making them stand up and check.. thats funny as hell I like that coach.

Noodle Arm
02-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I wonder who ratted him out? I bet it was the bench riding PG ...they're shifty.

"tonight's game was about who had the biggest (male genitalia) in town. Reach in and grab it. Feel it? It's nice isn't it...now keep touching it...massage it a little...oh yeah...." *circle jerk ensues* :lol:

spydertl79
02-03-2007, 04:12 AM
This just proves that the kids didnt like their coach enough to rat him out... nothing else.

HysterikiLL
02-03-2007, 06:13 AM
If he kind of forced them to grab their packages or something, that's pushing it, but other than that, I really don't see much wrong with that. It's high school sports, we've all played it. It's intense, passionate, heat of the moment ****....you have a coach who thinks he's Vince Lombardi or Pat Riley when he's making 6 bucks an hour and has to clean the lockerroom on top of that...but he gets as intense as coaches get and stuff like this happens....I honestly don't think it's worth firing him over. You want a coach who gives you one of those damn "The score doesn't matter" coaches? At least he didn't ask them to reach in their back pockets and inspect their coonasses.

texasPHINSfan
02-03-2007, 06:58 AM
:lol:

i love this coach. we should get him on our team...

Alex44
02-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Okay actually making them reach in their pants and grab it is borderline pedophile. Seriously :lol:

Nothing wrong with the actual speech, but making them do it....eh thats kinda creepy.

byroan
02-03-2007, 05:01 PM
It's not like he told them to check each other's manhood.

Alex44
02-03-2007, 05:02 PM
It's not like he told them to check each other's manhood.

Or to check HIS manhood.

byroan
02-03-2007, 05:03 PM

Or to check HIS manhood.

At the same time!

FinsAreLife
02-03-2007, 05:25 PM
:chuckle:

this is so ridiculous....but very funny.

Roman529
02-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Shocking that this would happen in Maine. :lol: