PDA

View Full Version : Trade rumor??

amay
02-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Spoke to a buddy of mine today who is friends with a family member of Cam Cameron's.... He told me They are interested in Alan Branch and are workin on Trading down with someone (negotiating with Cardinals) Offering our First and Second for there 1st. Please tell me this is not whats goin on. I don;t like this idea at all. Please someone with some inside knowledge make me feel better about this. HORRIBLE IDEA!!

IAFINFAN
02-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Why would Miami trade them our first and second to move down a few spots to draft someone who will be there at 9? If anything Miami would get another pick to move down not give one up.

TheAnswer385
02-02-2007, 10:30 PM
who's alan branch??

SR 7
02-02-2007, 10:32 PM
if we traded up for alan branch i wuold go cry all night long. Saban was minutes away from doing it but they wanted (cleveland i believe) our 4th round pick as well and we didnt do it. He really wanted Ngata so if this is true i wont be surprised but if it happens, i quiT!

Schleprock
02-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Spoke to a buddy of mine today who is friends with a family member of Cam Cameron's.... He told me They are interested in Alan Branch and are workin on Trading down with someone (negotiating with Cardinals) Offering our First and Second for there 1st. Please tell me this is not whats goin on. I don;t like this idea at all. Please someone with some inside knowledge make me feel better about this. HORRIBLE IDEA!!
your scenario makes no sense, thus not real.

plus, I don't see us taking a DT that high. In the 3-4 DT can be found all over the place, they are only space takers. With that said, we still have Vickerson, Wright, Wright, and Evans.

$100 says our pick is on offense. Either a WR or OL. (or Brady Quinn if the draft pulls a Leinart/Rodgers)

rob19
Not going to happen.

montrealfinfan
who's alan branch??
Some huge 6-6 320 lbs dt from michigan

Joneal7
02-02-2007, 10:35 PM
he wouldnt even be able to play nose tackle...cause i read something on him which said he played 3-4 end in college

SR 7
02-02-2007, 10:37 PM
maybe for J Thomas if anything.

SR 7
02-02-2007, 10:38 PM
he wouldnt even be able to play nose tackle...cause i read something on him which said he played 3-4 end in college

i keep sayin git ppl dont understand, he is NOT STRONG ENOUGH or POWERFUL ENOUGH to play NT in 3-4!! IT CNA"T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SR 7
02-02-2007, 10:39 PM
your scenario makes no sense, thus not real.

plus, I don't see us taking a DT that high. In the 3-4 DT can be found all over the place, they are only space takers. With that said, we still have Vickerson, Wright, Wright, and Evans.

$100 says our pick is on offense. Either a WR or OL. (or Brady Quinn if the draft pulls a Leinart/Rodgers)

100 bucks says if we get Donte we wont go WR. so your betting 100 bucks on 2 positions out of 22 choices? ur a risky man.

feelthepain
02-02-2007, 10:43 PM
I just don't see us moving up and losing a 2nd to take a DT when we can get one at 9 and keep our second. As valuable as DP's are, I don't see anyone in this draft worth that much.

Ryan1973
02-02-2007, 10:55 PM

You must mean trading up with the Cardinals, not down. That would be a horrible trade. We need all the draft picks we can get. Plus, there is an outside chance that Alan Branch would be there at #9 anyways. Also, if they were to move up, I would rather see them go after Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson.

phins3454
02-02-2007, 11:02 PM
If we trade up with the Cards then we might have a good shot at landing Brady Quinn

RenoFinFan
02-02-2007, 11:02 PM
if we traded up for alan branch i wuold go cry all night long. Saban was minutes away from doing it but they wanted (cleveland i believe) our 4th round pick as well and we didnt do it. He really wanted Ngata so if this is true i wont be surprised but if it happens, i quiT!

In hindsight it would have been a great idea. Read the other day in an article that Toledo was back on crutches and a cast (I think). He didn't get the injury practicing bc he wasn't practicing due to a previous injury. He might be one of those players that hangs on this teams IR for several years before finally being released...another Will Poole (?)

alienalias
02-02-2007, 11:23 PM
i keep sayin git ppl dont understand, he is NOT STRONG ENOUGH or POWERFUL ENOUGH to play NT in 3-4!! IT CNA"T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post makes no sense. Is it that difficult to type out word by word, and thus avoid the attempt at shorthand?

musphinzfan
02-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Ill go nuts if we do this trade for Branch..Hes good but he takes alot of plays off.

This would be a draft day move if joe thomas or calvin Johnson to consider to consider a trade up..Absolutely no 1 else IMO.

PHINishinStrong
02-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Wow this sounds like some ridiculous made up story to me. My friend knows a friend of a friend that knows Camerons gardener who overheard Cam talking on the phone saying that he was trading our 1st round picks in the next three drafts for there 3rd round pick...
Seriously we have enough youth on the interior line with Manny Wright, Rod Wright, Fred Evans, Kevin Vickerson and Josh Shaw (if hes still here) Why would we trade down to get Alan Branch? If we trade picks to pick up a DT (which is probably the postition that has the most youth on the team) I will be the first one to start the fire everyone on the staff bandwagon.... We need: LT, DB, QB, LB, WR, DE in that order....

PhinGeneral
02-03-2007, 12:41 AM

There's still 2 and a half months to go until the draft. They may indeed like Branch, and trading up in front of Washington makes sense in that respect, but it's probably just one of a number of scenarios they will be testing out from now until then.

Alex44
02-03-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't believe these friend of a friend or w/e stories. I mean there are always so many, if they were all true then every fan would know everything that happened way before it did.

IluvJuMiami
02-03-2007, 12:53 AM

This is a trick rumor. We can't trade down with the Cardinals because they pick before us in the draft(5th). Where's my prize? :saberfigh

Phantom
02-03-2007, 01:01 AM
If we trade up, it better be for Calvin Johnson or a qb ..........

Killer308
02-03-2007, 01:37 AM

If I was coach I would have made this trade. Ngata is going to be a key to that Ravens defense for a long time. Especially if we stay 3-4, thats the core man we needed, not Jason Allen.

Hardpoint
02-03-2007, 01:54 AM

Something tells me this is backwards. In other words, we give the Cards our 9th over all pick and the Cards give us THEIR 1st rnd pick and 2nd round picks. THAT makes vastly more sense than how you presented it, as it would give us 2 2nd Round picks while moving the Cards up a few notches.

Alex44
02-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Something tells me this is backwards. In other words, we give the Cards our 9th over all pick and the Cards give us THEIR 1st rnd pick and 2nd round picks. THAT makes vastly more sense than how you presented it, as it would give us 2 2nd Round picks while moving the Cards up a few notches.

The Cards pick 5th and we pick 9th so why would they give us two picks to go downwards :confused:

I think the person writing trading down may have confused you, they should have written we would trade up.

motioncityhifi
02-03-2007, 02:11 AM

he has the ability to play both....they asked to get stronger to play nose and he did...

motioncityhifi
02-03-2007, 02:12 AM

well then again you disagree with alot of the people that do this for a living and here is just one example....

Elliott 1
02-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Big Daddy is still under contract unless we release him. If someone could ever motivate the guy he can play like a world-beater. Another former first rounder who never lived up to his potential. I think an intriguing scenario is, what do we do if all the other greats are gone and Adrian Peterson falls to us?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

rayfinkle5
02-03-2007, 03:20 AM
I think an intriguing scenario is, what do we do if all the other greats are gone and Adrian Peterson falls to us?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

We trade down to Green Bays spot (16) because you know they want a back and we all would like more picks!

HysterikiLL
02-03-2007, 04:08 AM
I'd rather not trade up, and take Okoye at 9.

gunn34
02-03-2007, 09:18 AM

That's what everyone said about Zach Thomas

kashbo
02-03-2007, 12:48 PM
If we trade up with the Cards then we might have a good shot at landing Brady Quinn

Quinn is overrated and Nice sig but that means donnie jones will have to give that # 5?

Vertical Limit
02-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Give me Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas, or Calvin Johnson.

A real franchise quarterback, one of the best prospect tackles to enter the draft, and a receiver that can actually catch a ball and make a play.