PDA

View Full Version : Thomas giving it another shot

SR 7
02-02-2007, 10:34 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/another-chance-for-marcus-thomas.html

read up.

rob19
02-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Thomas tested positive for marijuana twice over a four-week period, and was later kicked off the Florida Gators for violating terms of his reinstatement.

nice, exactly what we need.

Dors156
02-02-2007, 10:42 PM
such a great player made such a difference on our team but he decided to smoke pot instead of playing for the national championship team. how much does that suck knowing you could of been on a national championship team and you blow it all away because of marijuana. pethetic if you ask me.

SR 7
02-02-2007, 10:50 PM
such a great player made such a difference on our team but he decided to smoke pot instead of playing for the national championship team. how much does that suck knowing you could of been on a national championship team and you blow it all away because of marijuana. pethetic if you ask me.

yuppp.

PeachFins
02-02-2007, 11:28 PM
I agree. But I can't say nothing bad about the guy cause i'd be a hypocrite cause I support Ricky coming back.

stryker
02-02-2007, 11:36 PM

yeah, I'll pass. unless we can get him in the 3rd, I don't think hes worth the 9th or 41st pick. if urban didn't think he was worth it, I agree. heck, if urban though it would be best to put tebow at LB i trust him. jk Marcus Thomas is a great player with alot of talent and potential, but I don't trust him. On that note............GO GATORS BABY!!!!

phins3454
02-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Raise your hand if you have never smoked pot!

stryker
02-03-2007, 12:02 AM

I have NEVER smoked pot!!! :liar: Okay....well I know I wouldn't if I had the potential of going in the Top 10 of the NFL Draft.

Dors156
02-03-2007, 12:18 AM
I agree. But I can't say nothing bad about the guy cause i'd be a hypocrite cause I support Ricky coming back.
same i really like ricky but when or if he gets back on Miami again im not going to be the first one to jump on his bandwagon. towards the end of 05-06 season he and ronnie were a great duo and i was on his bandwagon but all of the sudden he fails his drug test again.its going to be hard for me to trust him

phins3454
02-03-2007, 12:21 AM
I have NEVER smoked pot!!! :liar: Okay....well I know I wouldn't if I had the potential of going in the Top 10 of the NFL Draft.

:lol: Im sure you wouldnt...

305finforlife
02-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Everyone makes mistakes so let the man learn from it, Trap failed one test, he was the best DL we had with the exception of Ray McDonald and Harvey (Moss had only 3 good games). Players make decisions and deal with things that some off us dont even have to bother with so let it rest. Trap is a Day 1 pick easy, 1st rd if not for the incident. Everyone was happy with his 1st decision to come back (1st Rd) but turn their back on him after his last decision (calling for him as only a day 2 pick) How we jump on and jump off the wagon.

Dolfan954
02-03-2007, 12:46 AM
A drug test for marijuana? Really? I thought a DRUG test would test for harmful contaminants such as Tylenol, Aspirin, along with the many other over the counter drugs and prescription meds with a page full of side effects. <sarcasm> But I digress...

What I don't understand are the people who get caught. That's just downright stupid. If you know there's a drug policy, you take a trip to the local smoke shop and make sure you're prepared.

Mainge
02-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Everyone makes mistakes so let the man learn from it, Trap failed one test, he was the best DL we had with the exception of Ray McDonald and Harvey (Moss had only 3 good games). Players make decisions and deal with things that some off us dont even have to bother with so let it rest. Trap is a Day 1 pick easy, 1st rd if not for the incident. Everyone was happy with his 1st decision to come back (1st Rd) but turn their back on him after his last decision (calling for him as only a day 2 pick) How we jump on and jump off the wagon.

He was easily the best interior d-lineman in the SEC, and possibly the nation.

Top-10 lock who screwed up big time. I take him in the 4th, maybe 3rd, depending on his interview.

No higher.

Nicky Napoleon
02-03-2007, 01:18 AM

:woot: Not once! In fact I have never done ANY drugs in my life time.

Vertical Limit
02-03-2007, 01:37 AM
/me raises hand.

Never seen, never touched, a drug, EVER. Hard to beleive? Drugs are lethal.

Alex44
02-03-2007, 01:40 AM
/me raises his hand because he has never done pot

Crowder52
02-03-2007, 01:46 AM
*Crowder52 raises hand as well.

I would absolutely love to take a chance on this guy in the 3rd-4th round, he is an amazing talent. Who knows, he could turn himself around given another chance.

PhinSoldia
02-03-2007, 02:05 AM

i raised my hand-

stryker
02-03-2007, 02:13 AM

I agree that he is a 1st round pick if it had not been for the failed drug tests. I'll go one step further and say he would have been a Top 10 pick, and he is by far the best DL in the SEC.

However, you fool me once, shame on you. Fool me TWICE, shame on me. He failed two drug tests, and then refused to go into rehab and abide by the teams requirements to stay on the team. I'm don't want him to get me a third time if he becomes a Fin. Yes, he is a dynamic talent that would fill a great need for our team, however, it wouldn't kill me if we addressed that need with someone who doesn't have a history of screwing up.

Alex44
02-03-2007, 02:20 AM
I agree that he is a 1st round pick if it had not been for the failed drug tests. I'll go one step further and say he would have been a Top 10 pick, and he is by far the best DL in the SEC.

However, you fool me once, shame on you. Fool me TWICE, shame on me. He failed two drug tests, and then refused to go into rehab and abide by the teams requirements to stay on the team. I'm don't want him to get me a third time if he becomes a Fin. Yes, he is a dynamic talent that would fill a great need for our team, however, it wouldn't kill me if we addressed that need with someone who doesn't have a history of screwing up.

Couldn't have said that any better myself.

FinNasty
02-03-2007, 02:29 AM

Wud up Gaaaannnnsta? The plasma TV in this hotel is also a computer

Eh, I like Marcus Thomas alot. I would love him in the 3rd, but most likely will be there with our 4th Rd pick.

The guy is a hell of a talent. And with a 3rd or 4th... there is always going to be some question mark or else he wouldnt be a 3rd or 4th Rd pick.

And didnt he get tested like twice in a month... not allowing the herb to get out of his system?

CANDolphan
02-03-2007, 03:53 AM

Eh, I like Marcus Thomas alot. I would love him in the 3rd, but most likely will be there with our 4th Rd pick.

The guy is a hell of a talent. And with a 3rd or 4th... there is always going to be some question mark or else he wouldnt be a 3rd or 4th Rd pick.

And didnt he get tested like twice in a month... not allowing the herb to get out of his system?

Thats why his suspension was reversed, because they believed it was the same amount of pot.

Then, Marcus Thomas missed a team meeting the following weekend and it was his 3rd strike. He was dismissed from the team. He consistently screwed up at UF under little issues. He'd be the steal of the draft in the 3rd/4th round if he wouldn't **** his life up over some pot.. he is easily a top 15 talent in this draft, because he is twice the defensive tackle that Okoye is, and look how high he is ( granted, Okoye seems to be a great kid, so that has to count for something )

DeFINSeWins
02-03-2007, 04:08 AM
some of my friends smoked with marcus thomas...we chewed them out for not stopping him but this was after his 1st failed test i believe..i could be wrong.
but they definitely blazed with him

stryker
02-03-2007, 04:15 AM

Wutdup Gaaaannnnstah! Plasma TV.....what hotel are you in?

I agree that he would be a steal in the 3rd round, A STEAL!!! I was more so arguing that we shouldn't take him in the 1-3 round because of his conduct. I see potential with a pick maybe at WR or LB in the 3rd round with a higher probability being successful (because of Thomas's conduct i.e. The Bengals). I wouldn't be upset if we took him in the 3rd or later. The guy is a unique and unmatched talent at DT in this draft, and he will definatley be a good DT in the NFL in his 2nd year.

Hasta
02-03-2007, 11:16 AM

I've never smoked pot and I doubt that I ever will. Of course, I'm 41 years old, retired, and never have to work again unless I want to...gosh, I wonder if those two things are a coincidence. :shakeno:

Spicy Henne
02-03-2007, 11:46 AM
I've never smoked pot and I doubt that I ever will. Of course, I'm 41 years old, retired, and never have to work again unless I want to...gosh, I wonder if those two things are a coincidence. :shakeno:

Whoa...Smug Alert

Shoes
02-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Whoa...Smug Alert

Don't forget, it's the internet. I look like Tom Cruise and drive a Porsche.

Silverphin
02-03-2007, 12:44 PM

*raises hand*

NorFlaFin
02-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Let's see smoke herb or make a $10 mill for signing your name.Damn what a choice.

Motion
02-03-2007, 06:46 PM

:wave:

CANDolphan
02-03-2007, 06:59 PM

The guy who lives under the bridge about a block from my house doesnt have the work another day in a life, either..