PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see be drafted @ PICK #9

jnugg23
02-02-2007, 10:41 PM
With pick number 9 there is alot to choose from... if brady quinn is available i dont think that the fins would pass up on him...but if he is taken i would like to see us draft reggie nelson. I belive he would make an easy transition from college to NFL. We need a fearless defender like him and he would be a huge addition to the dolphins secondary which has holes we need to patch up. What do you think?

Bpk
02-02-2007, 10:45 PM
With pick number 9 there is alot to choose from... if brady quinn is available i dont think that the fins would pass up on him...but if he is taken i would like to see us draft reggie nelson. I belive he would make an easy transition from college to NFL. We need a fearless defender like him and he would be a huge addition to the dolphins secondary which has holes we need to patch up. What do you think?

If Joe Thomas slides to #4 I immediately trade my #9 pick and my third round pick to move up and grab him before 'Zona does.

B.

SR 7
02-02-2007, 10:51 PM

look at the diff b sanders makes with indy when he plays

Finfang
02-02-2007, 10:52 PM
If Joe Thomas slides to #4 I immediately trade my #9 pick and my third round pick to move up and grab him before 'Zona does.

B.

It would take a lot more than a third bro'

We would have to sell the farm to move up 5 spots and I believe as many will agree:

We can ill afford to give up draft picks!

phins3454
02-02-2007, 10:55 PM

B.

If only it was that easy :rolleyes:

rob19
02-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Tedd Ginn or Levi Brown, if Brady Quinn or Gaines Adams were to fall then we would have to take them.

RenoFinFan
02-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Of course Clavin Johnson, but he will be long gone. Would like to see Dwayne Jarrett. Getting a legitimate #1 WR is this teams most pressing need.

jnugg23
02-02-2007, 11:08 PM
how far in the draft do u think drew stanton will fall?

MustangFinFan
02-02-2007, 11:09 PM
no, i would wait another year for BRIAN BROHM. this year...i am content with D-Mac at LT...i am content with having Culpeper/Harrington/Lemon at QB...i am not so content with our receivers...our defense is fine...we surely dont need a Safety or defensive lineman...if we get an OLB in free agency, we dont need a linebacker...i really like Patrick Willis, but we just dont need him. maybe in 2 years, yes..

Im not content with our Kicker...but Mason Crosby is...well, a Kicker...meaning he should be available in the 3rd...if he is, id take him in a heartbeat. We lost 5 games this year cuz of a Mare miss..Crosby woulda booted those right through.

We dont need a runningback...the only positions we DO need are WR, LG, and CB...is Justin Blalock worth taking at #9?? Our O-line performed quite well the last half of the season...if we sign Eric Steinbach or another FA...then forget OL at #9. So that leaves WR and CB...Leon Hall is kinda small...and as much as i hate taking a first round wide receiver...cuz they never seem to make it anymore (Chad Jackson, Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, etc)....i think our best bet is Dwayne Jarrett or Ted Ginn Jr. Now if we end up signing Dante Stallworth (apparently Mueller wants him)...then forget a WR...id say, pick a CB. But which CB is worth picking at #9??? Leon Hall i guess...

1st round: Leon Hall
2nd round: Apparently Woodley drops...if we dont sign an FA OLB, id take Woodley here. If not, a WR.
3rd round: Mason Crosby...we need him.
4th round: Dan Mozes still available??

Now NEXT year...i dont care how badly we need picks...id do ANYTHING to pick Brian Brohm...id trade our 1st AND 2nd...that is, if the Culpeper/Harrington/Lemon trio just isnt working...id trade either Culpeper or Harrington for an extra pick tho...and move up to get Brohm. Now it could turn into Matt Leinart...he stuck in another year, and got taken at #10. So we'll have to see whos picking and who needs a QB...but i desperately want Brohm in a Fins uniform in 2 years.

jnugg23
02-02-2007, 11:12 PM
no, i would wait another year for BRIAN BROHM. this year...i am content with D-Mac at LT...i am content with having Culpeper/Harrington/Lemon at QB...i am not so content with our receivers...our defense is fine...we surely dont need a Safety or defensive lineman...if we get an OLB in free agency, we dont need a linebacker...i really like Patrick Willis, but we just dont need him. maybe in 2 years, yes..

Im not content with our Kicker...but Mason Crosby is...well, a Kicker...meaning he should be available in the 3rd...if he is, id take him in a heartbeat. We lost 5 games this year cuz of a Mare miss..Crosby woulda booted those right through.

We dont need a runningback...the only positions we DO need are WR, LG, and CB...is Justin Blalock worth taking at #9?? Our O-line performed quite well the last half of the season...if we sign Eric Steinbach or another FA...then forget OL at #9. So that leaves WR and CB...Leon Hall is kinda small...and as much as i hate taking a first round wide receiver...cuz they never seem to make it anymore (Chad Jackson, Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, etc)....i think our best bet is Dwayne Jarrett or Ted Ginn Jr. Now if we end up signing Dante Stallworth (apparently Mueller wants him)...then forget a WR...id say, pick a CB. But which CB is worth picking at #9??? Leon Hall i guess...

1st round: Leon Hall
2nd round: Apparently Woodley drops...if we dont sign an FA OLB, id take Woodley here. If not, a WR.
3rd round: Mason Crosby...we need him.
4th round: Dan Mozes still available??

Now NEXT year...i dont care how badly we need picks...id do ANYTHING to pick Brian Brohm...id trade our 1st AND 2nd...that is, if the Culpeper/Harrington/Lemon trio just isnt working...id trade either Culpeper or Harrington for an extra pick tho...and move up to get Brohm. Now it could turn into Matt Leinart...he stuck in another year, and got taken at #10. So we'll have to see whos picking and who needs a QB...but i desperately want Brohm in a Fins uniform in 2 years.

id be down with drafting stalworth but why would the saints give him up????

Mainge
02-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Reggie Nelson :D.

Yeah, I know. Selfish Gator homerist pick. So what? :lol:

etsudolfan
02-02-2007, 11:15 PM
We will probably sign Daunte Stallworth FA....at some point in the draft we will take a WR I think. If Quinn falls..we have to take him IMO. Then hope Robert Meachum is there in the 2nd

jnugg23
02-02-2007, 11:15 PM
check out this link maybe change some peoples mind's idk shake ya dreads!!!!!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Zw7nxl4qa4"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/0Zw7nxl4qa4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Zw7nxl4qa4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mainge
02-02-2007, 11:16 PM

He's on the Eagles now. And the Eagles have numerous young recievers stepping up and pushing Stalleworth for playing time.

Combine that with his injury concerns, and I see the situation where may become expendabe.

Not that I necessarily want him.

alienalias
02-02-2007, 11:16 PM
"DRAFTING" Stallworth? Why would the "SAINTS" give him up?
Please tell me you're joking. If you're serious... uhhh, www.bills.com has a great blog you might want to consider.

jnugg23
02-02-2007, 11:22 PM
im high rite now go phins!

PeachFins
02-02-2007, 11:24 PM
I can't see how Philadelphia will let Stallworth walk after one year.

Being from Philadelphia, i can tell you the fans love this guy here, and i'd love to see him on Miami (just in spite of all the eagles fans) :dolphins:

With the Number 9 Pick i'd either like JaMarcus Russell (unlikely), Joe Thomas (unlikely) or... Reggie Nelson/Leon Hall/ Landry (LSU).

stryker
02-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Either Levi Brown or Reggie Nelson. I wouldn't be too upset if we drafted Dwayne Jarrett, but with a Top 10 pick, I think a left tackle or safety is better pick for our franchise's future.

Reggie Nelson would be my pick, however, because I have had plenty of time watching him. I go to UF and have watched him for two years. Once he stepped into the starting role halfway through the 2005-2006 season, he immediately became the face of our defense. He also raised the play of the defensive unit as a whole. He is the consumate play-making saftey with a knack for being around the ball. If J-Allen can fulfill his potential and become a solid starting FS, with Reggie Nelson playing beside him, our secondary can go from horrible to pretty damn good in little time.

Da Phins
02-02-2007, 11:46 PM
I say get a WR in the first round, screw QB, wanna know why? Cam Cameron. He developed Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers, both of those Qb's were in the Playoffs this year. I say get a Decent WR, and let Cameron work with Culpepper/Harrington/Lemons

Elliott 1
02-03-2007, 12:21 AM
We don't have any holes in the secondary. It would be great to improve it but our holes are LT and OLB. We could really use a speed wr/kr and an excellent corner with closing speed and the ability to make the int. The holes are what they are, empty. Our secondary is far from empty, but it could be better.

Dolphins54
02-03-2007, 01:03 AM
My take on the whole thing is this. From what I have been reading and watching, Ted Ginn has enormous speed, but his route running leaves a lot to be desired. I think, at the next level, he is at least 2-3 years away from being a force. I have to say that I would be dissapointed if he was our #9. Recently, I have been liking the skills of Laron Landry. People compare him to Troy Polamalu. I wouldnt mind seeing him. I also wouldnt mind seeing the safety from Florida-Nelson I think. That would enable us to move Jason Allen to the other corner, opposite of Travis Daniels. We then could run Yeremiah and Landry/Nelson at safeties.

If there was one worthy of taking, I wouldnt mind taking a LB. Do I sound way off on my thinking?

DonShula84
02-03-2007, 01:10 AM

B.

That wouldnt be enough to move up.

oldfinfan
02-03-2007, 07:39 AM
how far in the draft do u think drew stanton will fall?

he'll be picked low in the 1st rd

SR 7
02-03-2007, 08:03 AM
We don't have any holes in the secondary. It would be great to improve it but our holes are LT and OLB. We could really use a speed wr/kr and an excellent corner with closing speed and the ability to make the int. The holes are what they are, empty. Our secondary is far from empty, but it could be better.

we only have 1 guy taht can do that and its J ALlen. he has amazing closing speed. Hard hitter adn goes for the ball in the air. only guy out of all our DB's to do so. G. Adams for SOLB!

MustangFinFan
02-03-2007, 09:11 AM
well lets put it this way...positions we ABSOLUTELY DONT NEED AT ALL:

Free Safety...Jason Allen
Strong Safety...Yeremiah Bell
MLB: Zach Thomas
DL: Numerous amounts of good players...plus 4 young guys.
QB: Culpeper, Harrington, Lemon
RB: Ronnie Brown...enough said.

honestly im content with D-Mac at LT...i dont see why everyone else isnt. I dont see us moving Hadnot back to RG...Shelton did a great job at RG...i see us in the need for an LG...but if we get Steinbach (id love it)...no need to get an OL in draft. Possibly we can upgrade our WRs tremendously by signing Dante Stallworth...and drafting Ginn or Jarrett in Round 1...and Rober Mceachum in Round 2??

footballer
02-03-2007, 09:26 AM
It would take a lot more than a third bro'

We would have to sell the farm to move up 5 spots and I believe as many will agree:

We can ill afford to give up draft picks!

i concour. would most likely take 1st,2nd 3rd or 1st 3rd, next years 2nd..

some kinda combination.. not worth it to move up.

we need help, and depth.

ncdolfan
02-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Brady Quinn would be my 1st choice, but if he is not there, Gaines Adams or Levi Brown. I think getting another pass rusher would be key for this defense and there is a gap at OLB now with Spragan a free agent. Adams could play OLB in Capers' defense.

DMac is also a free agent - Dolphins need an upgrade at this position as well.

phinphan896
02-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Im a fan of taking the best player available, with that said if adrian peterson isthere i say we take him or gaines adams (if hes still there). Im not a fan of just drafting by needs. If you draft be need then you reach, and weve seen what happens when you reach (you get players like eddie moore and fletcher).

JGray20
02-03-2007, 10:43 AM
First of all Reggie Nelson is overated. He is a ball hawk, and hard hitter, but that is usually a tribute of a free player in the NFL. He is small and will not be tough enough for the long run in the NFL. If he just lines up in the right spot against Auburn, the Gators have an undefeated season. And he did not show up for complete games with the Gators this year, hence the close scores in most of their in season games. Laron Landry and Brandon Merriwether willbe better safeties as a pro and worth a first pick, just not that high. Reggie Nelson has the value of a 2nd round pick.

Unless something drops like a god send or a Leinart, we need to act like we don't want Levi Brown, trade down and pick him a few picks later.

Mainge
02-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Im a fan of taking the best player available, with that said if adrian peterson isthere i say we take him or gaines adams (if hes still there). Im not a fan of just drafting by needs. If you draft be need then you reach, and weve seen what happens when you reach (you get players like eddie moore and fletcher).

Regardless, if Adrian Peterson is there, you CAN'T take him.

He won't see the field behind Ricky and Ronnie, we'll be tying top-10 money into him, and you'll take away from a player who could contribute at #9.

MustangFinFan
02-03-2007, 10:58 AM
yea, no way do u pick Adrian Peterson at #9. Ricky...Ronnie...Sammy...Travis...even Sammy Morris is a darn good runningback IMO.

phinphan896
02-03-2007, 11:56 AM
yea, no way do u pick Adrian Peterson at #9. Ricky...Ronnie...Sammy...Travis...even Sammy Morris is a darn good runningback IMO.
i think that peterson and calvin johnson are the two players that have the best chance at being stars in the NFL. We dont know for sure if rickys coming backeither. Ronnie and Adrian Peterson would look real good in the same backfield.

Crowder52
02-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Peterson would be the definition of a luxury pick. I'm still in disbelief whenever I see someone bring him up as a possibility.

Billshater
02-03-2007, 12:28 PM
If somehow Peterson did fall to us.. Surely, there would then be the possibility of us being able to trade back a few spots.. I would be all in favor of doing that.. I would love to somehow pickup a extra 2nd or 3rd this year.. I am more excited about the 2nd round than the 1st this year.. I would love to get Quinn for the future and in the 2nd an offensive lineman, or just take the bpa in 1st and 2nd round..

finfan54
02-03-2007, 12:47 PM
As my opinion changes as I absorb more information, My thoughts go like this:

Trade down a few spots (before Buffalo) and take Levi Brown. Since that is still unlikely because it takes two to tango, then my absolute prime time pick is based on the best available player and then position is slightly weighted for one over another.

1. Brady Quinn or Jemarcus Russell (Quinn may have more chance of dropping)
2. Alan Branch - would enable us to just let 3 older guys go and save mo money
3. Levi Brown - we need a LT and I think he can play the position flat out and be great with the right motivation.
4. Patrick Willis - MLB yes but capable of playing outside and take over Zach in future. Would not mind getting this guy at all. Best LB in the draft period and we need one.
5. Gaines Adams
6. Leon Hall

Our spot in the draft is kind of a nice place to be because teams will be desperate to get someont at this spot because of dropoff of talent. Trading down here is feasable if Levi Brown is the guy. Then you can focus on second round pick of Stanton (I think he could compare to Brees with the right tutalage of Mr. Cam)

Johnnie Lee Higgins might be a nice pick in the third round late if we get another 3rd rounder.

PhinsFanDan
02-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Gaines Adams.

jim1
02-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Tedd Ginn or Levi Brown, if Brady Quinn or Gaines Adams were to fall then we would have to take them.

That pretty much nails it, good summary.

Mainge
02-03-2007, 09:06 PM
First of all Reggie Nelson is overated. He is a ball hawk, and hard hitter, but that is usually a tribute of a free player in the NFL. He is small and will not be tough enough for the long run in the NFL. If he just lines up in the right spot against Auburn, the Gators have an undefeated season. And he did not show up for complete games with the Gators this year, hence the close scores in most of their in season games. Laron Landry and Brandon Merriwether willbe better safeties as a pro and worth a first pick, just not that high. Reggie Nelson has the value of a 2nd round pick.

Unless something drops like a god send or a Leinart, we need to act like we don't want Levi Brown, trade down and pick him a few picks later.

Interesting opinion.

Though, I don't agree at all.

TotoreMexico
02-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Interesting opinion.

Though, I don't agree at all.

I wonder why?:chuckle:

CANDolphan
02-03-2007, 09:16 PM

What? Reggie Nelson should have lined up at punter so UF didnt get a punt blocked and gives up an easy touchdown? Is that what you mean?

Reggie Nelson has nothing to do with the close scores in the UF games. Your entire post is borderline ignorant and really blames Reggie Nelson wrongfully. Did you even watch him play?

Lisle Phin Fan
02-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Jamaal Anderson

Crowder52
02-03-2007, 10:05 PM

LOL at this attempt at analysis. UF lost to Auburn because of a blocked punt and because of Leak's turnovers. And you blame Nelson for the close scores of the UF games? :sidelol:

Nelson and the defense are the reason the Gators won the title this year. The offense was abysmal at times and that's why the games were close.

Fresh
02-03-2007, 10:24 PM
It really depends on who is there.

If Brady Quinn slips, pick him.
If Joe Thomas slips, pick him.

If those guys are off the board and Jarrett is there, then that's who I'd take.

Mainge
02-04-2007, 01:35 AM
I wonder why?:chuckle:

Lol. :lol:

Well do you agree at all? :wink:

Dolfan11
02-04-2007, 02:18 AM
Amobi Okoye. This guy is a special talent. I'm not crazy about taking any D lineman in the 1st, but if we do, I hope it's him. Other than that, I'm not a fan, but if Quinn does fall, I'd take him. Levi Brown would be solid too.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Trade down a few spots (before Buffalo) and take Levi Brown. Since that is still unlikely because it takes two to tango,

it would be great to trade down, but word is that there is a talent drop off after #7, making a trade down next to impossible

NorFlaFin
02-04-2007, 07:43 AM
@9? Alan Branch

RUDEbyallMEANS
02-04-2007, 09:01 AM
If Gaines Adams or Laron Landry are available, you DO nOT pass them up. I don't care that we have Bell, Allen and Jason Taylor. Explosive talent like that with the overall review marking them as playmakers are needed for this team. Adams or LAndry at #9 would be tremendous value.

Mainge
02-04-2007, 12:02 PM
If Gaines Adams or Laron Landry are available, you DO nOT pass them up. I don't care that we have Bell, Allen and Jason Taylor. Explosive talent like that with the overall review marking them as playmakers are needed for this team. Adams or LAndry at #9 would be tremendous value.

Pass on Landry. Draft RFN!!

D-bolt
02-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm still personally on the Willis bandwagon. In regards to the wideouts available in this draft I would wait until the middle rounds as people like Higgins from UTEP and Taylor out of Auburn are going to be available. I personally love what I see out of Taylor in regards to his effort going after the ball. Nothing better than seeing him put in the effort to run into a bush trying to catch the ball at the senior bowl practice (head first too!!!!).

twix2500
02-04-2007, 12:55 PM
I really want a left tackle either Joe Thomas or Levi Brown. I watch the senior bowl again lastnite and Brown was indeed dominating.

Motion
02-04-2007, 01:13 PM

Easily one of the most uninformed posts I've ever read on here.

Nelson had nothing to do with the loss at Auburn, the defense played pretty well, it was the offense and special teams that blew that game. DO a little research before posting such baseless info next time.

Mainge
02-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Easily one of the most uninformed posts I've ever read on here.

Nelson had nothing to do with the loss at Auburn, the defense played pretty well, it was the offense and special teams that blew that game. DO a little research before posting such baseless info next time.

No no no. Wrong again, Motion. :shakeno:

Nelson shouldn't have dropped the ball on that punt

ChambersWI
02-04-2007, 01:41 PM
don't be surprised if come draft day Chris Houston (CB from Arkansas) is the pick for us. IMO he could be this year's Donte Whitner in that when he declared he's seen as a 2nd round pick, has a great workout, and skyrockets.

I'm actually going to say he's probably the number 2 CB behind Hall right now, and come draf day he'll be number 1.

very very good prospect.

For all you guys begging for a 3-4 defense, I'd look at Adam Carriker as well.

stryker
02-04-2007, 02:38 PM

First of all, Reggie Nelson is NOT overrated :tsk:. He is a ball hawk and hard hitter that can be a strong addition to our secondary. I'm sick of this BS about players being too small or not tough enough to play in the NFL. Look at Zach Thomas. Nelson plays with a lot of passion and determination just like #54.

Second of all, :tantrum:I can't believe you're blaming the loss to Auburn on Reggie Nelson. How about Eric Wilbur dropping a perfect snap on the punt that got "blocked" and returned for a TD. How about Leak fumbling when we were down 1 and in FG range (terrible call btw). How about Leak miss-firing on a wide open Andre Caldwell, under throwing him for an INT late in the game? I was at the game and there were many more things that went wrong in that game, but you can't blame a loss on one person or one play.

Third of all, the scores weren't so close because of Reggie Nelson. Last time I checked, he plays on defense. And we do play in the toughest conference in the Nation. We only gave up 21+ points in 2 games this season, one of which is the Auburn game (27-17) where their last TD was on a BS play at the end of the game. As a FS you can't just put up numbers every game, but he definately made hits and plays that don't show up on the stat sheet.

I would be happy, heck I'd be :censored: thrilled if we drafted Reggie in the first round cause he's worth every penny. Landry is a baller and I wouldn't mind him either, but Merriweather is not on their level.

GATOR HOMER TILL THE DAY I DIE! lol

Motion
02-04-2007, 10:46 PM
don't be surprised if come draft day Chris Houston (CB from Arkansas) is the pick for us. IMO he could be this year's Donte Whitner in that when he declared he's seen as a 2nd round pick, has a great workout, and skyrockets.

I'm actually going to say he's probably the number 2 CB behind Hall right now, and come draf day he'll be number 1.

very very good prospect.

For all you guys begging for a 3-4 defense, I'd look at Adam Carriker as well.

Are you suggesting him jumping to a top 10 pick??? That would be quite a surge up the boards. He is a stud though, wouldn't be upset at all to snag him in the 2nd.

Ronnie23Brown
02-05-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm not sure who I want at #9. I do however have a few names who I would like to see play for the Dolphins. This is no particular order and by no means am I suggesting that Miami take a reach on in the 1st round. But, Aundrae Allison, WR from East Carolina, could be late 1st day pick or early 2nd day. Ryan Kalil, C from USC, Manny Ramirez, G from Texas Tech are O-lineman that the Dolphins could use. And finally, I liked Jay Moore from Nebraska. He's listed as a DE, but I think could/can be shifted to OLB. He looked really good at the Senior Bowl. He is listed about the same size as Merriman.

finfan54
02-06-2007, 08:38 AM
it would be great to trade down, but word is that there is a talent drop off after #7, making a trade down next to impossible

That may be what you hear, but as it gets closer and closer to April, if a team really wants somebody, oh say like Okoye, then #9 can be a real sweet spot. Cutler was taken at what? #10 a trade up there? Now you may argue that the talent level dropoff was different. I say its all in the eye of the beholder. If a team really likes a player and sees 10 solid years of production, then they will move for it.

To me, what makes it difficult to trade down is actually being sold on Levi Brown to the point of wanting this move in the first place. In other words, if Brady Quinn or Alan Branch are there, then all this is moot.

ChambersWI
02-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Are you suggesting him jumping to a top 10 pick??? That would be quite a surge up the boards. He is a stud though, wouldn't be upset at all to snag him in the 2nd.

that I am. Most people had Whitner as a 2nd round pick, then after the combin everybody though he would go to us at the highest. Houston is a CB, and CBs will rise a lot higher than safetys.

RUDEbyallMEANS
02-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Landry and Nelson are both bright playmakers for their position, but Nelsons playing weight is around 190 at best. Landry's playing weight is 205 at best and that is small for a safety.

Both players on film are where their supposed to be but I see more explosion from Landry and some vicious hits from pure strength and explosion. Nelsons vicious hits come from being in the correct position and correct timing when running full speed.

I like both, but LAndry excels in the explosive category.