PDA

View Full Version : Rant about stupid coworkers thread

Metal Panda
02-03-2007, 09:01 AM
So, I'm one of the 'managers' on the team at work but the term 'manager' is really glorified in my case as I have additional powers/responsibilities but no authorization to fire anybody. That's the team manager's duty.

Still, there was this absolute insane idiot on our team who was driving us nuts for weeks. We're a call center for benefits, and she would lose control on just about every call and get dominated or needlessly escalate issues by being rude and repeating herself over and over. In November, she disconnected a call intentionally that was a client escalation and was put on Final Warning for it since it was unwarranted (the caller wasn't even all that rude).

So last night, she claims this caller is being exceptionally rude and the call escalates to a manager, and when the call is listened to, it is determined the caller wasn't rude at all, but rather she was and it shouldn't have escalated. So our team manager was about to pull her aside to talk to her about the call and tell her to knock it off.

No more than two minutes pass when she is emotional again claiming the woman she's currently on the phone with is screaming at her and being nasty. The team manager and I are skeptical considering every time she claims this, we listen to the call and find out it isn't the case. Nonetheless, we were tired and worn out and just wanted it over with, so we had it set up that she would transfer the call, and then the manager was going to have her log out and basically tell her "enough is enough" and to quit escalating issues.

So she gets back on the phone to transfer the call, the caller says 'something' to set her off, and she intentionally disconnects the call and says "write me up, do whatever, I couldn't take it anymore". (The woman's comment to provoke this was somewhat angry, but nothing that would warrant disconnecting the call--no profanity was used...)

So we had to fire the moron. How stupid do you have to be? We gave you an out that we SHOULDN'T have gave you to help prevent you from doing something stupid...and you blow it.

I felt kinda bad at first but in truth, this is a good thing. This is like removing a TO from the locker room.

aquaattak
02-03-2007, 11:30 AM
So, I'm one of the 'managers' on the team at work but the term 'manager' is really glorified in my case as I have additional powers/responsibilities but no authorization to fire anybody. That's the team manager's duty.

Still, there was this absolute insane idiot on our team who was driving us nuts for weeks. We're a call center for benefits, and she would lose control on just about every call and get dominated or needlessly escalate issues by being rude and repeating herself over and over. In November, she disconnected a call intentionally that was a client escalation and was put on Final Warning for it since it was unwarranted (the caller wasn't even all that rude).

So last night, she claims this caller is being exceptionally rude and the call escalates to a manager, and when the call is listened to, it is determined the caller wasn't rude at all, but rather she was and it shouldn't have escalated. So our team manager was about to pull her aside to talk to her about the call and tell her to knock it off.

No more than two minutes pass when she is emotional again claiming the woman she's currently on the phone with is screaming at her and being nasty. The team manager and I are skeptical considering every time she claims this, we listen to the call and find out it isn't the case. Nonetheless, we were tired and worn out and just wanted it over with, so we had it set up that she would transfer the call, and then the manager was going to have her log out and basically tell her "enough is enough" and to quit escalating issues.

So she gets back on the phone to transfer the call, the caller says 'something' to set her off, and she intentionally disconnects the call and says "write me up, do whatever, I couldn't take it anymore". (The woman's comment to provoke this was somewhat angry, but nothing that would warrant disconnecting the call--no profanity was used...)

So we had to fire the moron. How stupid do you have to be? We gave you an out that we SHOULDN'T have gave you to help prevent you from doing something stupid...and you blow it.

I felt kinda bad at first but in truth, this is a good thing. This is like removing a TO from the locker room.

I have experience as a person of position and in my estimation, she wanted to get fired...Or she has some sort of emotional thing going on...:confused:

Metal Panda
02-03-2007, 02:38 PM
I think the latter.

And this isn't exactly a position of high turnover.

Since my tenure started 2 years ago, only 3 people (including her) have been terminated on this team, and one of them was semi-intentional.