PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLI Thread

gish
02-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Discuss the upcoming game here.

First item of debate.

Can the Colts defense pressure Grossman and force a running game?

Roman529
02-03-2007, 05:06 PM
You can't start an Official Game Day Thread 24 hours before the game starts.

MAN LAW!!!! :wink:

Alex44
02-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Grossman is due for one of those horrible games he is prone to having. Then again Peyton isn't exactly Mr. Playoff Playmaker either.

phinphan11
02-03-2007, 05:28 PM

First item of debate.

It's a little early to be starting a gameday thread... but to answer your question, the Colts 'D' can come up with a great game plan to press Grossnman, but I think that they had better worry about stopping their running game first and foremost.

ohiobryan
02-03-2007, 07:01 PM
i expect grossman to be gross.....and manning to be great colts 41 bears 21 need i say more!

HysterikiLL
02-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Benson and TJ are going to explode tomorrow. Number 54 is also going to do a pretty nice job tearing Peyton a pretty new one.

rob19
02-03-2007, 10:56 PM
It all depends on Grossman. If he plays bad, the bears lose. He might have one of his 3 int and 2 fumble games or he may just come out slinging, you never know. You also have to factor in the high take away Bears Defense and that dangerous return man (from DA U!) Devin Hester. I honestly think this is is a toss-up but i say the colts take this one 24-17. sorry Hyst:lol:

Rocky Raccoon
02-04-2007, 01:17 AM
I don't think this game will be close. I expect complete domination by the Colts. And if I'm wrong I'll be back here to take my crow.

Roman529
02-04-2007, 01:29 AM
I don't think this game will be close. I expect complete domination by the Colts. And if I'm wrong I'll be back here to take my crow.

I agree Rocky !!! I think this will be another lopsided Superbowl....I am going to say:

Colts 38
Bears 20

gish
02-04-2007, 03:25 AM
How do you think the Colts special teams will handle Devin Hester?

Alex44
02-04-2007, 04:48 AM
How do you think the Colts special teams will handle Devin Hester?

Directional kicks. Once teams start to realize that you can break one any time it gets way harder to do.

Metal Panda
02-04-2007, 10:15 AM

First item of debate.

Yes, but they're going to have to swallow their pride and blitz every now and then. I know they stated a desire not to, but that's where Grossman plays at his worst, and I think Chicago's o-line will probably withstand the 4 man rush.

As far as "forcing" a running game, I think if the Bears were smart, that's the route they'd be going ANYWAY. Indy's defense could eat Grossman for lunch if they put the ball in his hands all day.

What Chicago wants to do is run the ball down after down and eat up a lot of clock. If Grossman throws more than 12 times, I have doubts whether they'll win :)

Metal Panda
02-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Let's put it this way...I wasn't all that impressed with Chicago in the NFC championship game.

Their defense did force quite a few of those takeaways, but New Orleans was doing what it could to be careless. I won't say that Chicago's defense didn't play well, but when it wasn't forcing turnovers, Brees was moving the ball on them. Chicago relies on takeaways to win and if a team like the Colts, who protect the ball well, do just that in the Super Bowl, I don't see how Chicago derails them.

If Indy is smart, they'll run the no huddle early and often. If they get ahead early, that increases the likelihood of Grossman throwing.

gillderais
02-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Colts better win..I put money down on 'em...dont fail me now Manning...