PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards

NJL52
02-03-2007, 05:44 PM
QB from Stanford. I am enamored. God I hope we pick this kid in the third/fourth.

Bold prediction but I think this kid will be the best QB in the 2007 class.

SR 7
02-03-2007, 05:56 PM
nope, its a TEDFORT QB! DAMN TEDFORD QBS!

we have brought in waht 3 of em? have we NOT learned our lesson yet? along with the other 5 that have failed with there own teams.

NJL52
02-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Isn't Tedford still at Cal?

http://gostanford.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/stan-m-footbl-mtt.html#coaches

Crowder52
02-03-2007, 06:12 PM

we have brought in waht 3 of em? have we NOT learned our lesson yet? along with the other 5 that have failed with there own teams.

My god, please do a little research or at least have some common sense before posting.

albyfinfan
02-03-2007, 06:16 PM
i have us taking him in the 3rd in my mock
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=180526&highlight=my+fins+mock

i like this kid, only has duribility concerns

Pocoloco
02-03-2007, 06:25 PM
I got him in the early fourth. I think he slips behind Kolb, Stanton, and maybe Palmer because of the injuries and because it is so hard to get a read on him since he played for a crappy team. Possibily another Cutler type

Pocoloco
02-03-2007, 06:26 PM
and although I like Edwards, I still think Quinn will be the best QB in this class. Edwards second, maybe.

NJL52
02-03-2007, 06:36 PM
After watching some film from his HS and College time, he looks like an amazing talent. He looks like the victim of a "the team is on my shoulders, need to make a play" mindset. And because of that he took risks and he suffered from the lack of talent around him. But he has the physical tools of a top 10 pick.

I have a strong feeling that he will be 2007 Cutler. He could slip to late first or early second or maybe even earlier if he is as talented as it seems.

But if he doesn't and he stays in the middle rounds for whatever reason, he will be the guy that people look back in 5 years from now and say "wow, what a steal."

jlfin
02-03-2007, 06:46 PM
My god, please do a little research or at least have some common sense before posting.

Some people think that any QB from the west coast is a Tedford QB. :D
Boy, that guy gets around.

VT Dolphan
02-03-2007, 07:15 PM
After watching some film from his HS and College time, he looks like an amazing talent. He looks like the victim of a "the team is on my shoulders, need to make a play" mindset. And because of that he took risks and he suffered from the lack of talent around him. But he has the physical tools of a top 10 pick.

I have a strong feeling that he will be 2007 Cutler. He could slip to late first or early second or maybe even earlier if he is as talented as it seems.

But if he doesn't and he stays in the middle rounds for whatever reason, he will be the guy that people look back in 5 years from now and say "wow, what a steal."

I would really like to get Edwards, and I think he should still be on the board when we pick in the third, possibly even the fourth. Cutler was a more highly touted prospect before the Combine than Edwards is, so it will take an absolutely ridiculous combine for Edwards to elevate himself into the late first/early second round. Cutlers combine wasn't even really that impressive, it was better than average, but I still believe he was more a product of the Mayock/Kiper hype machine than anything else. Hopefully this doesn't happen with Edwards.

Crowder52
02-03-2007, 07:18 PM
I would really like to get Edwards, and I think he should still be on the board when we pick in the third, possibly even the fourth. Cutler was a more highly touted prospect before the Combine than Edwards is, so it will take an absolutely ridiculous combine for Edwards to elevate himself into the late first/early second round. Cutlers combine wasn't even really that impressive, it was better than average, but I still believe he was more a product of the Mayock/Kiper hype machine than anything else. Hopefully this doesn't happen with Edwards.

I'm sure the hype contributed to his rise somewhat, but Cutler was the truth at Vanderbilt. He almost beat UF...in Gainesville. It was absolutely ridiculous what he did with the utter lack of talent around him. My friends and I at school were surprised he wasn't getting more hype prior to the Senior Bowl and combine.

SR 7
02-03-2007, 07:46 PM

common sense had nothing to do with that...At All. And wow, my mistake thats what I had recalled for some reason, but you're perfect, you nevr emake mistakes im sure.

NJL52
02-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Edwards isn't as hyped because of his injuries, he sat out his senior year. He is every bit as talented as Cutler and alot of analysts will fall in love with his talent.

First round isn't likely, but I wouldn't be terribly shocked if he slid to the 2nd. But God I hope he stays in the third/4th.

VT Dolphan
02-03-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm sure the hype contributed to his rise somewhat, but Cutler was the truth at Vanderbilt. He almost beat UF...in Gainesville. It was absolutely ridiculous what he did with the utter lack of talent around him. My friends and I at school were surprised he wasn't getting more hype prior to the Senior Bowl and combine.

Oh yeah, I agree with you on that. Cutler brought some serious swagger to an otherwise bad Vandy team. I was just trying to say that his combine performance really didn't warrant his drastic rise up draft charts. He was considered a late first rounder, easily behind Young and Leinart. Turned in a solid, but unspectacular combine and as you know, he wound up going relatively early first and was being favorably compared to Young and Leinart.

CANDolphan
02-03-2007, 09:25 PM

:sidelol::sidelol:

Lisle Phin Fan
02-03-2007, 09:28 PM
I hope that he doesn't get too much hype, so that we could snag him in the 4th

if we miss him, perhaps we could get the BYU QB

Lisle Phin Fan
02-03-2007, 09:29 PM
I don't think anyone will trust a Tedford QB anymore

VT Dolphan
02-03-2007, 09:45 PM
I hope that he doesn't get too much hype, so that we could snag him in the 4th

if we miss him, perhaps we could get the BYU QB

Yeah, I'd be fine with John Beck as a developmental player in the later rounds. I'm hoping we could find a qb earlier than that, but Beck isn't bad.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Cameron + Beck = Brees?

Crowder52
02-03-2007, 09:58 PM
common sense had nothing to do with that...At All. And wow, my mistake thats what I had recalled for some reason, but you're perfect, you nevr emake mistakes im sure.

Common sense would tell you to not post about something if you have no idea what you are talking about.

Crowder52
02-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't think anyone will trust a Tedford QB anymore

What does that have to do with Edwards?

Crowder52
02-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Oh yeah, I agree with you on that. Cutler brought some serious swagger to an otherwise bad Vandy team. I was just trying to say that his combine performance really didn't warrant his drastic rise up draft charts. He was considered a late first rounder, easily behind Young and Leinart. Turned in a solid, but unspectacular combine and as you know, he wound up going relatively early first and was being favorably compared to Young and Leinart.

You're right about the combine...all I remember being ridiculous about his workout were his bench reps, which obviously aren't that important at QB.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-03-2007, 10:00 PM
nothing, I was just saying

relax

Crowder52
02-03-2007, 10:06 PM
nothing, I was just saying

relax

Well we usually post things for a reason in threads. We don't just throw out random thoughts that have nothing to do with the topic.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-03-2007, 10:19 PM
so much for relaxing

Lisle Phin Fan
02-03-2007, 10:20 PM
did Jeff Tedford kill your dad or something? yikes

Crowder52
02-03-2007, 10:21 PM
did Jeff Tedford kill your dad or something? yikes

More intelligent posting...I'll leave you alone now to talk to yourself a little more. Have fun.

Lisle Phin Fan
02-03-2007, 10:22 PM
go take your meds

Mr772
02-04-2007, 01:36 AM
wow someone is really good at makeing friend.

I think stanton would be a possible starter maybe even Kolb after a year but the other QB's seem more like multi-year projects.

WPBtoRNOFinFan
02-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Beck = 25 years old, 26 when the season starts...

TotoreMexico
02-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Well we usually post things for a reason in threads. We don't just throw out random thoughts that have nothing to do with the topic.

Check out ohiobryan's posts:chuckle: