PDA

View Full Version : Aliens/UFO's?

XoPhinsoX
06-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Personally, I believe in them.

Just curious what everyone else though about the whole mystery ;).

iceblizzard69
06-12-2003, 08:11 PM
I think it is all a bunch of crap. I don't believe it for a second.

bigbry
06-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Personally, I believe in them.

Just curious what everyone else though about the whole mystery ;).

You need to explain just how much you believe in them and what you think they do.

BB

WharfRat
06-12-2003, 09:06 PM
I think it's pretty selfish of us to think that out of all those billions of stars...with those billions of planets around them... that we are the only ones here.. or that we are the most advanced...

Has anyone else found us yet?? :dunno:

XoPhinsoX
06-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Why? I was bored and thought I'd throw something out there to talk about.

Muck
06-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Aliens stick stuff up your ass. I used to think it was just a dream........until scorching flames and an 80 ft satellite dish came changed my mind.

bigbry
06-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Muck
Aliens stick stuff up your ***. I used to think it was just a dream........until scorching flames and an 80 ft satellite dish came changed my mind.

LOL!!! Are you dreaming now?

BB

Scrap
06-12-2003, 11:00 PM
After watching that movie "Fire in the Sky", I almost wanna believe it's true.

Muck
06-12-2003, 11:18 PM
You should watch the movie "Contact". Really cool.

I absolutely believe. The universe is far too vast for there to only be one tiny insignificant planet with intelligent life. Hell, for all we know, there could be a great big Death Star-type things housing an entire civilizations. Not just planets. The fact is that we cannot possibly attempt to wrap our minds around what is and what could be out there. But it's really great to wonder.

I hope that in my lifetime we make contact with a friendly race......and if it's in the US, the public is allowed to know about it. But I don't think it'll happen under good circumstances if takes place here. If we the public are ever privy to this sort of thing, it'll be because something crashes or a big scene is made. We're big on national security and control. We are the super power. And we can't let anything just waltz in and create the impression that we are not in control of our country.....much less our planet. Vulnerability is not something we're comfortable with.

bigbry
06-12-2003, 11:28 PM
You should watch the movie "Contact". Really cool.

I absolutely believe. The universe is far too vast for there to only be one tiny insignificant planet with intelligent life. Hell, for all we know, there could be a great big Death Star-type things housing an entire civilizations. Not just planets. The fact is that we cannot possibly attempt to wrap our minds around what is and what could be out there. But it's really great to wonder.

I hope that in my lifetime we make contact with a friendly race......and if it's in the US, the public is allowed to know about it. But I don't think it'll happen under good circumstances if takes place here. If we the public are ever privy to this sort of thing, it'll be because something crashes or a big scene is made. We're big on national security and control. We are the super power. And we can't let anything just waltz in and create the impression that we are not in control of our country.....much less our planet. Vulnerability is not something we're comfortable with.

Not only that Muck, but soooo many people only do the "right" thing based on religious beliefs. How would that crumble their cookies? Man, nothing but chaos.

BB

Muck
06-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Exactly. "Chaos" is the word. But I don't feel it would spark from religious beliefs so much as it would from sheer panic. I think it'd be simply because we're a sad species in these situations. We do stupid things when we feel scared, threatened, or don't understand something. Too often do we fail to analyze things. Instead, we bash it with a stick or simply run away.

Personally, something like this wouldn't affect my religious beliefs at all. I feel everything has it's place in the grand scheme of things and that we're not supposed to have explanation for everything. What fun is that?? :)

Doing my best to steer this thread clear of religious waters.

bigbry
06-12-2003, 11:49 PM
Exactly. "Chaos" is the word. But I don't feel it would spark from religious beliefs so much as it would from sheer panic. I think it'd be simply because we're a sad species in these situations. We do stupid things when we feel scared, threatened, or don't understand something. Too often do we fail to analyze things. Instead, we bash it with a stick or simply run away.

Personally, something like this wouldn't affect my religious beliefs at all. I feel everything has it's place in the grand scheme of things and that we're not supposed to have explanation for everything. What fun is that?? :)

Doing my best to steer this thread clear of religious waters.

Agreed.

The Govt. would never allow it to be known. Why pay taxs'? So many people would have "why do anything" Besides try to kill it.

BB

Pagan
06-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
I think it's pretty selfish of us to think that out of all those billions of stars...with those billions of planets around them... that we are the only ones here.. or that we are the most advanced...

Has anyone else found us yet?? :dunno:

Exactly....to NOT believe is the height of human conceit. ;)

inFINSible
06-13-2003, 07:55 AM
OMG...I just found this thread....now I'm going to pull a wharfrat on you guys....I don't have time to get into this now but, wait until I get home later....just a hint: muck has it right about everything being part of the grand scheme of things...IMO at least....see ya later...

Capt. Dick
06-13-2003, 10:26 AM
I think the human race is being controlled by an alien species that have taken the form of Kirby vacuum cleaners.