PDA

View Full Version : New Ghost Busters movie. But....

SCall13
02-03-2007, 05:52 PM
It's going to be CGI. Dan Akroyd says it's going to be made and Bill Murray agreed to do it ONLY if it's CGI.

I guess he thinks he's too old to carry around the proton pack. :lol:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31441

Clark Kent
02-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Awwww. CGI sucks. What a waste.

SCall13
02-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Awwww. CGI sucks. What a waste.

Yeah, I'd definitely prefer another sequel with REAL characters.

FinsNCanes
02-03-2007, 09:00 PM
First TMNT now this..

****ty.

Even though Bill and Dan and the rest of the guys are a little old nowadays they could of come up with something. Maybe like they opened up a school of some sorts...I dunno.

Clark Kent
02-03-2007, 09:29 PM
First TMNT now this.. TMNT 1 is still a badass movie. Don't know why they had to go CGI. Good story and it's a 100+ million dollar hit. With CGI it's nothing more then a glorified cartoon.

A plot for GB3 (real ppl) could be that the old guys are outdated and theres new kids on the block... Whatever. Bill Murray is Bill Murray. It's already decent.

Also, am I the only one who thinks John Belushi is unfunny as hell?Never liked him. Glad BM got the part.

HysterikiLL
02-03-2007, 10:35 PM
It's just the ghosts that are going to be CGI isn't it?

ih8brady
02-03-2007, 10:36 PM
TMNT 1 is still a badass movie. Don't know why they had to go CGI. Good story and it's a 100+ million dollar hit. With CGI it's nothing more then a glorified cartoon.

A plot for GB3 (real ppl) could be that the old guys are outdated and theres new kids on the block... Whatever. Bill Murray is Bill Murray. It's already decent.

Also, am I the only one who thinks John Belushi is unfunny as hell?Never liked him. Glad BM got the part.

Agreed. I'd prefer live action but Bill Murray is just one of those performers who I think automatically betters the film he is in.

John or Jim? I find John overrated but I can see his appeal. I hate Jim Belushi though, what an unfunny, untalented hack.

King Nate
02-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Eh. I'll still see this and the TMNT movie. I think CGI looks cool.

Samphin
02-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I am actually stoked for the TMNT movie...

Clark Kent
02-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I am actually stoked for the TMNT movie...

Really? Have you seen the trailer? The plot and screenplay feel like a Saturday mourning cartoon. Which I would have loved if I was 10.

And the voices... Terrible.

Michelangelo: Did anyone get the license plate of that thing that hit us last night? It looked like your mom, dude!
[laughs]
Donatello: ...Yeah, that would make her your mom too, doofus.
Michelangelo: ...Nuts.

Max Winters: Every three thousand years, the stars align. Unleashing an army of monsters.

TMNT 2 and 3 suck... But TMNT 1 is a classic. Anything short of that to me is a disappointment. And this new TMNT seems like another kid movie that is meant to sell toys.

FinsNCanes
02-04-2007, 12:19 AM
TMNT 2 wasn't "bad".

3 was bad.

Slappy8800
02-04-2007, 02:20 AM
news flash! TMNT was a comic book...albeit when it first started it was very violent and more adult oriented but understand this kids movies = wider audiences which = more money...think about it. Kids generally dont go to the movies without an adult and if you have 3 kids, thats 4 tickets sold. Thats why these superhero movies always aim for a PG-13 rating and stay away from the R rating, Punisher excluded.

FinsNCanes
02-04-2007, 02:37 AM
news flash! TMNT was a comic book...albeit when it first started it was very violent and more adult oriented but understand this kids movies = wider audiences which = more money...think about it. Kids generally dont go to the movies without an adult and if you have 3 kids, thats 4 tickets sold. Thats why these superhero movies always aim for a PG-13 rating and stay away from the R rating, Punisher excluded.

Even being CGI they claimed they were going to go darker with this one. What I see from the trailers I think they failed.

What they really need is a GI Joe movie :cooldude:

Clark Kent
02-04-2007, 02:40 AM
Kids generally dont go to the movies without an adult and if you have 3 kids, thats 4 tickets sold. Thats why these superhero movies always aim for a PG-13 rating and stay away from the R rating, Punisher excluded.

Kids movies vs. PG 13 is different.

When I was a kid I thought TMNT1 was awesome as hell (and it sold toys). What's cool about it is I can appreciate it now. This is Saturday mourning cartoon crap. I'm just saying I'm not interested.

ChrisKo
02-04-2007, 03:45 AM
Ivan Reitman originally wrote the movie "Evolution" as being the third Ghost Busters movie. Somewhere during the process he decided to remove the Ghost Busters out and use two school professors. "Evolution" is probably one of the most under-rated comedies ever, it's really a very brilliant movie.

Maynard the Hammer
02-04-2007, 04:14 AM
teenage mutant ninja turtles

Bruzer
02-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Ivan Reitman originally wrote the movie "Evolution" as being the third Ghost Busters movie. Somewhere during the process he decided to remove the Ghost Busters out and use two school professors. "Evolution" is probably one of the most under-rated comedies ever, it's really a very brilliant movie.

I loved that movie evolution I thought it was very underrated.