Nice pics, good job.

DeeAy3000
02-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Where is calvin johnson?

Motion
02-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Where is calvin johnson?

:yeahthat:

Not bad, I'd really like to take Justin Medlock in the 6th.

CANDolphan
02-03-2007, 06:57 PM
lol, Calvin Johnson falls out of the top 10?

No way Houston passes on Brady Quinn, and no way Calvin Johnson gets past Tampa Bay

SpencerFS
02-03-2007, 07:01 PM
sorry did it kind of quick guys lemme throw johnson in there

VT Dolphan
02-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I'd have to say that I would be very happy if we walked away with both Quinn and Kalil. Probably the two guys that I want the most (realistically) in the first two rounds.

DUB
02-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Not bad, I'd really like to take Justin Medlock in the 6th.[/quote

After the way he just kicked on the challenge we may have to use our fourth to land Medlock.

SpencerFS
02-03-2007, 07:07 PM
ill throw medlock in there for ya buddy!

NYPHIN
02-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Quinn? I thought we already had Joey Harrington...:lol:

DeeAy3000
02-03-2007, 07:24 PM
That is about exactly the way we NEED this draft to go, unfortunately, its not likely that we land brady quinn without jumping up a few spots.

bigtony989
02-03-2007, 07:35 PM
in every mock draft i see on here we get brady quinn

MS4FINS
02-03-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't get the Brady Quinn deal (for all that like him.) He scares me IMO I'd rather go with a safer pick, like Alan Branch IF he is there.

Alex44
02-03-2007, 07:41 PM
The problem with fan mocks (and I'm not saying this is the case with you for sure)

Is instead of being realistic you create a situation in which the guy you want is available.

My four round mock is in my sig. It's pretty realistic IMO.

VT Dolphan
02-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't get the Brady Quinn deal (for all that like him.) He scares me IMO I'd rather go with a safer pick, like Alan Branch IF he is there.

I agree that drafting a QB is one of the most risky positions in the draft, as far as producing busts is concerned. But Brady Quinn is one of the more NFL-ready QB's to enter the draft in recent years. The chance of him becoming a bust is less than most QB prospects IMO.

This franchise has ignored the QB position ever since Marino retired. If Quinn falls into our laps at nine, I don't see how you can pass on a franchise quarterback. As for Alan Branch, I would be happy to get him too, but I wouldn't exactly call him a safe pick. He was a bit of an underachiever most of his college career who was criticized for taking plays off. He really stepped it up his senior year, kind of like pros step it up in their contract years, so his heart may only be in it for the cash.

Spartiate
02-03-2007, 07:58 PM
For some reason I'm beginning to get the feeling that if Cam doesn't believe Quinn will fall to us that he would trade up for him. If there is one thing that Dolfans want it's a franchise qb. We haven't had it in almost a decade. Can you believe it has been that long?

What better way to keep your job than promising a QB of the future? Plus Cam knows without a decent qb your not going to win anything and this would be the perfect time to grab one. We wanted it from Wanny and Saban but they did not deliver. Seriously I believe its time to end this cycle or 3 years from now we may still be saying the same thing. And from what it looks like Brian Brohm may be the ONLY good prospect coming out next year at QB.

I'm a big supporter of Culpepper but if he can't go or return to form then we will need another option. Cleo Lemon looks VERY promising but we still don't know what we will get from him on a day in and day out basis.

All in all I think Cam will take a good look at things and make sure our QB position is solidified his first year here. And if that entails trading up to get Quinn (which seems to be a QB he would like rather than someone like Russel) then I believe he will do it to get this franchise rolling again.

QrtBck13
02-03-2007, 08:05 PM
1.Oakland:JaMarcus Russell-LSU
2.Detroit: Joe Thomas OT-Wisconsin
3.Cleveland : Adrian Peterson-Okla
4.Tampa Bay: Calvin Johnson WR Gt
5.Arizona Gaines Adams-Clemson
6.Washington: Jammal Anderson DE-Arkansas
7.Minnesota: Dwayne Jarrett WR-USC
8.Houston: Laron Landry-LSU
9.Miami: Brady Quinn QB-Notre Dame
10.Atlanta: Reggie Nelson-Fla

2nd Round Ryan Kalli-C 6,3 285
3rd-Doug Free-OT 6,7 302
4th- David Ball-WR 6,2 200
6th-Justin Medlock K
7th-Jay Richardson DE- 6,6 276

How do you it like any picks i should change?:cooldude:

:chuckle:

Joneal7
02-03-2007, 08:17 PM
if that worked for us ..id love it..exspecially after watching Medlock at the all star challenge

Elliott 1
02-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Quinn and Kalil will both be gone. Pittsburgh probably takes him in the first.
More realistic:
Ginn,Satele,Trent Edwards

NJL52
02-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I'd cry myself to sleep.

kashbo
02-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Quinn that low I wish Wheres calvin, but everything else is good

DolphanD
02-03-2007, 08:30 PM

3rd-Doug Free-OT 6,7 302

6th-Justin Medlock K

I like it. In our picks I wouldn't take OT Doug Free in the 3rd though. I would select a WR like Jason Hill, Aundrae Allison, Brandon Myles, Chris Davis, Paul Williams, Johnnie Lee Higgins, Anthony Gonzalez, Courtney Taylor, Dallas Baker, Steve Smith, Steve Breaston, Jemalle Cornelius, David Clowney, Rhema McKnight, or a real gift if we could get one of these WRs in the 3rd round: Chansi Stuckey or Craig Davis. Both return kicks and both have speed, especially Stuckey, but Davis has more size and experience at the position. And Craid Davis benefitted from the arm of JaMarcus Russell at LSU. Jason Hill would be a solid guy with this pick also. But it does depend on which WRs we keep and re-sign and which FA WRs we sign. If we could get a big, tall (a guy over 6'2") WR with speed like Donte' Stallworth than we could wait until the 4th and I'm sure a couple of the aforementioned WRs would be available in the 4th round and then we could use our 3rd round pick on a LB, OLB/DE, or CB rather than an OT if we just picked up the top C Ryan Kalil in the 2nd round. 'Cuz if we landed Kalil then it would open up a lot for our OL; Rex could move to RG and battle L.J. for the starting job while Bennie gets cut or takes a pay-cut and competes, Vernon stays at RT and makes the Pro Bowl in '07, Kalil battles Rex and Seth to be the strating Center, and at LT Damion should be brought back to contend with Alabi for the starting LT job along with a FA like Leonard Davis or Roman Oben or trade for someone expendable like Detroit's Jeff Backus (if Joe Thomas is drafted by the Lions), and finally at LG: Toniu should be brought back if he's in even better shape and progressing, Jeno should be re-structured to compete or if not released, and Seth should compete along with a FA like Dielman or Dockery for the starting job.Our OL should be (in my dreams)LT-McIntosh/Alabi LG-Dielman/Fonoti C-Kalil/McKinney RG-Shelton/Hadnot RT-Carey/Sears

southjerzmastax
02-03-2007, 09:01 PM
i dont think we will get brady quinn i dont even think he will pass pick 3....miami will pick laron landry

MoTown Finman
02-03-2007, 09:55 PM
That's really funny about Alan Branch stepping up his senior year...HE's a junior!

footballer
02-03-2007, 10:20 PM

man, branch is a monster..

reminds of what i thought we woulda had, if we wouldve (SHOULDVE!!!) picke d that gap plugger in boston ( WILFORK) if we hadnt wasted the pick on doughboy carey.

TexanPhinatic
02-04-2007, 01:20 AM
man, branch is a monster..

reminds of what i thought we woulda had, if we wouldve (SHOULDVE!!!) picke d that gap plugger in boston ( WILFORK) if we hadnt wasted the pick on doughboy carey.

Although Vince would indeed be nice, Carey is turning out be a probowl type guy at the right T spot. Not a viable LT, but hes gonna lock down the RT for awhile-not a bad pick now.

As for anyone who says we should take a "safe" pick, such as Branch or Landry, your kidding yourself. There is NO safe pick in the draft. It happens all the time that the risky guy blows everyone away while the "safe" guy goes belly up. And the other way around. I hate those labels, totally rediculous. Branch is no safter than Landry, Ginn, Quinn or anyone else we will take.

Quinn has a good shot to fall to us really. He could easily be picked ahead of us, but its not hard to see him fall either. Would be thrilled if we could land him.

Regan21286
02-04-2007, 03:09 PM

3rd-Doug Free-OT 6,7 302
6th-Justin Medlock K

I like this. But, kicker at 6th is not a good idea. We can sign Medlock UDFA thanks to his wonderful alcoholic problems that caused a stir around campus. Put Justin Hickman there to keep a Bruin at that spot and instead of Richardson, try Brandon Myles and NT Soliai at 4th. That way, we get a physically talented WR and a NT to replace Traylor if Manny doesn't return.

SMadison29
02-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Unfortunately all the picks, save for one, is on offense. I seriously doubt that's how we'll go. I expect our draft to be more defensive oriented with possibly Ginn or Levi in the first & an OL or WR on day two.

TexanPhinatic
02-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Unfortunately all the picks, save for one, is on offense. I seriously doubt that's how we'll go. I expect our draft to be more defensive oriented with possibly Ginn or Levi in the first & an OL or WR on day two.

Yeah sure it will because the Defense needs so much help. Top 5 D, bottom 5 O, seems obvious which side needs some attention.

playmaker1
02-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I like the Medlock pick. Would be nice to bring in new kicker

Static387
02-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Richardson in the 7th would be great value. Pretty good draft.

CANDolphan
02-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah sure it will because the Defense needs so much help. Top 5 D, bottom 5 O, seems obvious which side needs some attention.

This type of post is starting to get irritating.

Miami has a solid defense, yes.. but we need to KEEP this defense. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor arent going to be around forever, and liek it or not Miami's secondary needs some help.

Our Starting Pro Bowl caliber QB was out the entire season, as well as the spell HB Ricky Williams.. that'll have a big effect on an offense!

I say we go after the best parts of this draft.. on positions that Miami could use.. such as a speedy playmaking WR, a TRUE Outside Linebacker when Channing Crowder is moved inside to take over for Zach Thomas, and a great quarterback. 2008? Should be a deep year at Quarterback, thats when we go after our next great quarterback.

I'm also the guy who thinks we should draft lorenzo booker in the 4th round, so I'm not used to going on whims.